Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

My little fella is 12 weeks next Sunday and this morning at 4am he was waking for a feed. We have him in a co-sleeper beside us. When I woke to feed him he had nearly turned himself 180 degrees so his head was facing in practically the opposite direction to where I had put him earlier in the night. Anyone had this experience yet? Frightened the life out of me when I turned to find myself looking at his feet rather then his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Yeah he turns as much as is possible in a small cot....if on my bed turns more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I was told by phn and I see it in my notes that there would be a 3 month checkup that they would contact me to arrange, this is the end of his 12th week and I've heard nothing, and I'm going away for a week now. Do they definitely do this? I can never contact a phn when I call the health centre so just wanted to check here before I go making serious effort to contact them, kinda sick of medical appts and people at this stage.

My husband decided this morning that "next time" twins would be ideal, and for the first time ever I agree. One more pregnancy, one more run in with all of this crap, and we'd be done. To think that at the first scan last year we were terrified of twins because there are so many on both sides of my family and now we'd be wishing for it!

Amazed we could even have this conversation after another night of 1.5-2hours wakenings!

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

They told me there would be a three month check alright, and if they didn't contact me I should contact them!

Heading anywhere nice spotty?

We have first set of vaccinations on Monday - is it just one needle? Dreading it!

Hmm, I wasn't told to contact them, I dunno. Just going home to my family before I go back to work :(

It's one needle in each thigh, my boy was no more upset than he would be at wind/farts during it.

• Advertisement

Had a feeling it was two alright. Oh well I know it'll be over quickly!! When are you back to work? You work from home don't you? Or maybe I'm misremembering

Good memory angeldelight! Back in 3-4 weeks, boo. But yep I do work from home. Wondering how juggling work and baby is going to pan out...!

4 months vaccine is the same again, one needle in each thigh.

I'd say the vaccines are worse when they're older though because they know what's coming! Will you have any help with work or the baby or will you have to juggle both by yourself?

Our little miss is barely sleeping during the day I'm finding it impossible to get anything done! Not sure if it's the heat or because she's in the middle of a leap at the mo, it's as though she's completely forgotten how to fall asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

I had a call from the phn the other day to arrange our check and our 3 month developmental check is on Tuesday. We've also had our first injections, he smiled at the doctor just before he injected him and the doctor was like please dont smile at me. He screamed for a little while but was then ok and fell asleep. His legs were a little tender dor the evening and he winged a bit if you touched them. The following day he was grand thanks God.

My little lad gave a small cry and got over it! None of this tiredness I was promised!!!

• Advertisement

Angeldelight I dont have help per se but can call on my mother in law and sis in law to mind him if I'm very stuck. I have no help with work, just me. Have a new carrier ordered and have my husband told I'll probably work in the evenings when he's home for the first while if I don't get stuff done during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

I work from home a bit and find the evenings is when I would get the bulk of work done. If deadline was looming is rope my mam and sis in but generAlly I sort of fell into a routine of afternoon work as that was when my first had his big sleep often 3 hours and then from 7.30 when he went to bed. Not sure how I will manage this time with 2!!!

The carrier should get me through lots of non nap times and he can play right beside me and I can cuddle and interact with him the whole time so I'm hopeful. I only work 4 days really so not so bad, I have scope to work a fifth day and just spread work out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

The carrier should get me through lots of non nap times and he can play right beside me and I can cuddle and interact with him the whole time so I'm hopeful. I only work 4 days really so not so bad, I have scope to work a fifth day and just spread work out more.

Spotty just wondering what type of carrier are you getting. I'm just starting to look into getting one but there seems to So much choice I haven't a clue. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Blingy wrote: »
    Spotty just wondering what type of carrier are you getting. I'm just starting to look into getting one but there seems to So much choice I haven't a clue. Thanks.

Just jumping in from the January thread (I read all the club threads quietly lol). Have a look at sling library Ireland if you are considering a carrier, you can rent slings from them to try first. Well worth it-we rented two and ended up getting the one I hadn't been all that pushed on and hated the one that I had thought I wanted. We have the beco gemini which was expensive but I have a reflux baby and it has been invaluable for keeping him upright. Dead handy shopping too so you have both hands free

Blingy I've ordered the Moby Aria, but as mentioned you should get to a sling library to try them on as its very personal what will suit you and what you'll like.

Hi all, thread been quiet lately hope everybody and the babas doing well. We have christening this week so looking forward to a family get together. Bit of a brag alert, you can turn off now! My 3 year is sill asleep from 7.30 last night (very unusual! ) and my new little man slept through from 8.30 to 6.30 no joke I feel like a new woman! A great start to out long car journey!! My wee man will be an early teether like his big bro, he has first 2 teeth at 5 months, this man chewing his hands and drooling already so think he could be the same.

So jealous of your sleep

bp wrote: »
    So jealous of your sleep

I decided I wouldn't even comment :P

Growth spurt day....I flashed half of Grafton st earlier!!!!!! My God I am wrecked!

• Advertisement

bp wrote: »
    So jealous of your sleep

My first never slept! Was due a good sleeper this time!

Our sleep is going backwards :( we had a great sleeper now she isn't able to get herself to sleep at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Our lady usually sleeps from 9pm-5am then 5:15am-8/9am but with the dreaded 4 month sleep regression around the corner I'm afraid to get to comfortable with that. I could be back in a months time crying with tiredness, you can just never predict things at this age, it changes so much!!

We have what we call 'the witching' hour here which is 8pm-8:30pm ( can set your watch by it) where she is inconsolable, have no idea why. One of us have to walk round with her or stand by the fish tank ( everyone with a baby should have, it always soothed our two). Then 8:30 comes & she's back to the smiley baby we know!

We get a 4-5 hour stretch 9pm-2am and then up again at 5.30 and 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Just was wondering girls for any of you formula feeding how long did it take your period to comeback after having baby?

Just was wondering girls for any of you formula feeding how long did it take your period to comeback after having baby?

I had mine when he was about 10 weeks so only quite recent

Yep 10 weeks here too.

Just wondering how are you putting your babies to bed? Our little lady sleeps eventually but fights it for ages and even if we get her to sleep the first few times she sleeps for one 40 minute cycle then wakes up again

He can be put into bed pretty much whenever we want 8-10.30pm depending how tired or chilled he is and will lie there looking at his mobile or chatting and kicking until he falls asleep. Wakes every 1.5-2hrs until 7-8am, then we get up and he naps again at 9.30-10. Never fights sleep, always just asleep in minutes.

With my first we petted and rocked and at 3 he still loves that! So this time I was a bit wiser! I dress him for bed before feed change his nappy half way through bottle and put him down drowsy not asleep and he drifts off after that, he likes to sort of hold something either a muslin or those blankie teddies as he is drifting off.

• Advertisement

Mine usually falls asleep during a feed. I try the whole put down sleepy but it's usually too late

Advertisement