Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapskategate aka How Not To Host Your Wedding

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Kertrada

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Of course they can. The other poster said they knew someone who turned up around 10/11 and enjoyed the last few hours of the night. There is a huge difference between someone who only spent a couple of hours in the b&g's company and someone who had been putting up with them all day and in the weeks leading up to the wedding. The other poster's friends weren't lying, they simply weren't privy to the bigger picture.

I don't know if the truth is being told or not, all I know is we have another differing account from someone who knows this wedding and the B&G. Even if the original slurs against the B&G are all true, I find it hard to believe what type of Bridesmaid would put it all over the internet in the days leading right up to, and surrounding the wedding. Either way, it's a sorry tale of woe, no one should be taking any pleasure in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Anyone else think this thread has run its course, wedding is over now, how much longer can it be discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Kertrada wrote: »
    I don't know if the truth is being told or not, all I know is we have another differing account from someone who knows this wedding and the B&G. Even if the original slurs against the B&G are all true, I find it hard to believe what type of Bridesmaid would put it all over the internet in the days leading right up to, and surrounding the wedding. Either way, it's a sorry tale of woe, no one should be taking any pleasure in.

Ooh...where's the bit about the other poster being there? I missed that bit.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Someone turned up at 11pm (after the no-dinner and missed the cake), stayed for a few hours and said it was a great wedding. I think.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,906 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

They were deleted because it could have potentially identified the B&G

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The plot line has beaten that of any movie I've seen recently. Perhaps the bride will get divorced and we'll get a sequel in a few years...

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,906 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The plot line has beaten that of any movie I've seen recently. Perhaps the bride will get divorced and we'll get a sequel in a few years...

I've seen a few episodes of Don't Tell The Bride that come close :D The vegas one and the magalluf one spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

In before the lock. Twas a great ride guys. Enjoyed the roller-coaster few days. WDIC you are a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Kertrada wrote: »
    How many times do you have to be told. The other poster's friends were only there for the last couple of hours, so no, they don't know the full story of the wedding.

I don't know if you have followed from the beginning but the bridesmaid has the patience of a saint and many in her shoes would not have been as restrained. It's the bride's behaviour you should be having problems with, not the bridesmaid.

I bet if any bride posted that she made her bridal party foot the bill for all their expenses, made them pay for their wedding dinner and then abandoned them in a car park, no one would be saying to the bride "oh poor you, don't mind anyone who criticises you, they're only being mean". There is no excusing behaviour like that and I can assure you that people from her own family and friends will be saying a lot worse about her and for long after this thread has been forgotten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Kertrada

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    How many times do you have to be told. The other poster's friends were only there for the last couple of hours, so no, they don't know the full story of the wedding.

I don't know if you have followed from the beginning but the bridesmaid has the patience of a saint and many in her shoes would not have been as restrained. It's the bride's behaviour you should be having problems with, not the bridesmaid.

I bet if any bride posted that she made her bridal party foot the bill for all their expenses, made them pay for their wedding dinner and then abandoned them in a car park, no one would be saying to the bride "oh poor you, don't mind anyone who criticises you, they're only being mean". There is no excusing behaviour like that and I can assure you that people from her own family and friends will be saying a lot worse about her and for long after this thread has been forgotten.

I don't think all the glee about this story is well founded.
    The facts are we have two conflicting accounts of the wedding and the B&G. One of them has been deleted, despite not revealing any more details that could identify anyone. Something is not adding up here, I don't know of any forums where discussion of both possible sides is not permitted. It's very strange, and a strange thread to be doing leading up to, around, and after someone's wedding. I don't know which side is correct, nor I am going to jump to any conclusions, or be forced to. Either way, it sounds like it was miserable story whatever way you look at it.

• Advertisement

Kertrada banned for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Toots* You'll be needing a bottle of wine for this thread! It would be well deserved too!
    Has the op been in contact since the update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

What a story! Great storytelling too from WDIC, thanks so much for all the laughs and suspense.

I think that what makes it hard for some to take in is that pretty much everyone knows a particularly stingy/selfish/antisocial individual, but it's not often that they come in pairs. My grandmother's brother and his wife were such a pair. Reads like the story of their nuptials!

I don't drink! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Toots* wrote: »

There's always time to start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Tea and superb biscuits it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

Tea and superb biscuits it is so!

Very strong sweet tea for the shock after the past few weeks ;)

I've developed a mild Valium addiction. When the inevitable happens and this thread gets locked I'm off to rehab.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

I've developed a mild Valium addiction. When the inevitable happens and this thread gets locked I'm off to rehab.

You will need the break and a very deserved one it will be too ! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thanks so much to WDIC for the update and to Toots* for her hard work. Gourmet biscuits and tea for you m'dear.

I've absolutely love the previous thread and this one. It's sad how the day went and how things are going to be for the bride and groom given their utterly scandalous behaviour, but they have no one but themselves to blame for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

I always knew Angela Kerins was freelancing on here..;)

Have to say that the whole thread has been amazingly entertaining. Whether WDIC enjoyed it as much as the rest of us, I have no idea. Still laughing at the two opening the envelopes at the table...

Well done all..;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Link to original thread? ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

nc19 wrote: »
    Link to original thread? ??

Deleted, as has been said a hundred times in this thread :rolleyes:

'Twas removed in case it outed the B&G or the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

I'd normally stay out of a tittle tattle thread such as this but I have to say the only person's behaviour I find questionable here is the OP's who's splashing the details of such a terrible day all over a public forum.

The bride's family decided the night before not to come so clearly is something seriously amiss - but instead of standing by her she splashes the details all over here (if course the story is true).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

grimbergen wrote: »
    I'd normally stay out of a tittle tattle thread such as this but I have to say the only person's behaviour I find questionable here is the OP's who's splashing the details of such a terrible day all over a public forum.

The bride's family decided the night before not to come so clearly is something seriously amiss - but instead of standing by her she splashes the details all over here (if course the story is true).

Seriously, did you even read the first post? The hardest thing to believe in this thread is all the eejits who just skip the bold and red text in the very first post :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

You should have heeded your first instinct.

"Splashes the details" - one post (singular) by OP (singular) which was posted on her behalf by the moderator. How is that splashing the details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Are people misreading the thread on purpose? The op didn't spread the story all over anywhere. ..

- she made a comment in another thread about how she had to pay for her own dress
    - the post was lifted from another thread and given a thread of its own.
    - the second thread garnered more interest than anyone anticipated as the story became more intriguing
    - that thread was closed because posters were bickering and it was feared it might reveal the identity of the b and g
    - a lot of us were very interested in how the day turned out so wdic pmed toots* to approve her post and it was made into a third thread.

Wdic did not start any thread, or post anything 'all over the Internet', it was a simple post in someone else's thread that grew legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

the couple have already been identified, one other poster knows who they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Lets me honest - this is Jeremy Kyle type "entertainment" for those who want it. Is it becoming of an otherwise well moderated forum such as Boards, only they can answer that.

I didn't read all the thread but a few have made the point that the bride doesn't seem well and may be going through some kind of mental illness right now. The erratic behaviour would certainly point in that direction. My only comment is that the OP's energies might have been better served heading off the inevitable train crash rather than lashing the details onto a public forum.

As I said, only an observation. Not intending to start a debate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement