Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Just had a look on twitter and a few having the same issue

I had this issue myself, it works if you launch FIFA through the EA Access app instead of the Dash, has something to do with EA servers not connecting 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Mass Effect Andromeda &
    Dead Space 3 coming to the Vault soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Wow, Andromeda must have flopped big time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

marcbrophy wrote: »

A Target store sent their remaining stock to goodwill and swallowed the loss, sales fell far below the levels of the original trilogy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

marcbrophy wrote: »

It did, ironically enough partly because of the 10 hour trial on EA Access. That week of really, really bad images and gifs coming out caused a lot of cancellations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

CatInABox wrote: »
    It did, ironically enough partly because of the 10 hour trial on EA Access. That week of really, really bad images and gifs coming out caused a lot of cancellations.

Is the game any good though?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Is the game any good though?

Don't know. I stupidly bought it back when it was on sale and still haven't managed to get around to it, should have realised that it would be on Access in no time.

From what I gather, it's actually alright, not as good as the last few, but still alright.

CatInABox wrote:

You are talking nonsense, ME:A did bloody well. It's estimated that it sold over 6 million copies and in EA's financial report for the last fiscal year, they mentioned it multiple times in relation to how it drove profits. It get a bit of a mauling from fans and critics and I didn't particularly like it but it sold very well and certainly turned a big profit.

You are talking nonsense, ME:A did bloody well. It's estimated that it sold over 6 million copies and in EA's financial report for the last fiscal year, they mentioned it multiple times in relation to how it drove profits. It get a bit of a mauling from fans and critics and I didn't particularly like it but it sold very well and certainly turned a big profit.

Mentioned it three times. Battlefield was mentioned five, Madden got 36, and FIFA got 41(at least according to Eurogamer, I'm not going to go looking through it.) Financial reports can hide a multitude of sins, not just EAs, but all companies. You should see some of the **** that Microsoft pulls with their financials.

Anyway, in my opinion, if Mass Effect was a commercial success, I'd say EA would be talking DLC and sequels, instead of decimating the developer.

CatInABox wrote:
    Mentioned it three times. Battlefield was mentioned five, Madden got 36, and FIFA got 41(at least according to

It came out the week before the financial year ended which is why it was not talked about more. It will be something discussed more in depth during next years financial report.
    CatInABox wrote:
    , I'm not going to go looking through it.) Financial reports can hide a multitude of sins, not just EAs, but all companies. You should see some of the **** that Microsoft pulls with their financials.

Anyway, in my opinion, if Mass Effect was a commercial success, I'd say EA would be talking DLC and sequels, instead of decimating the developer.

Not necessarily, plenty of successful games don't get DLC and if a sequel was in development it is far too early to flesh about it. Multiplayer DLC and patches are possibly still to come and the team has not so much been decimated as moved on to various other projects. Happens all the time these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Venema

It came out the week before the financial year ended which is why it was not talked about more. It will be something discussed more in depth during next years financial report.

Not necessarily, plenty of successful games don't get DLC and if a sequel was in development it is far too early to flesh about it. Multiplayer DLC and patches are possibly still to come and the team has not so much been decimated as moved on to various other projects. Happens all the time these days.

there will be no further DLC or updates in ME:A apart from the multiplayer.

Venema wrote: »
    there will be no further DLC or updates in ME:A apart from the multiplayer.

Which is exactly what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'd say a lot of those copies were bought by fans in the first while it was on sale and pre-order who were really excited about the franchise moving on. Once those players starting talking about how not great it was (I won't say it's a BAD game, it's not, it's just kinda meh) then the folks on the fence were put off buying it new, and probably plan on picking it up 2nd hand or now in the vault.

I bought a copy in the first week and I really was not impressed. I LOVE the original trilogy (currently replaying it, actually) and I just couldn't get into Andromeda. It was my first time buying a game that soon after launch and I'm annoyed at myself that I did, tbh. I didn't pay full price for it (I bought an elite controller on deal that came with a game, traded the game and used my game stop points, so the disc copy for me ended up about €40) and I'm really glad I didn't pay full whack. It wasn't worth it, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Venema

no more future patches

Venema wrote: »
    no more future patches

Yes, we know there are no more future patches for single player and to quote myself "Multiplayer DLC and patches are possibly still to come".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

was thinking of signing up for this for the young lad, is it still worth it?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

For sure, pretty sure there's a free trial

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mass Effect Andromeda is now in the vault.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man, I love the Mass Effect games, and have played 1,2 and 3 multiple times. Love Dragon Age too.

I played througH MEA once, and while I really enjoyed it, there's zero replay ability in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ECookie13

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Man, I love the Mass Effect games, and have played 1,2 and 3 multiple times. Love Dragon Age too.

I played througH MEA once, and while I really enjoyed it, there's zero replay ability in it :(

Christ, do you fly through them or just have incredible amounts of free time to play through those games many times? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I played and finished Battlefield 3 a month or two ago, really enjoyed it. I’m currently on the last mission of Battlefield 1, and I didn’t enjoy it anywhere near as much. Any recommendations for what I should download next?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

BDJW wrote: »
    I played and finished Battlefield 3 a month or two ago, really enjoyed it. I’m currently on the last mission of Battlefield 1, and I didn’t enjoy it anywhere near as much. Any recommendations for what I should download next?

I'm sure you played Titanfall, but if not, Titanfall... the second one.

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm sure you played Titanfall, but if not, Titanfall... the second one.

Nope, never played it. Is it worth playing the first one first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

First one is only multiplayer, no real story to it

First one is only multiplayer, no real story to it

Titanfall 2 it is so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

BDJW wrote: »
    Titanfall 2 it is so :D

The campaign in TF2, while relatively short, is hands down one of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The campaign in TF2, while relatively short, is hands down one of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played. Enjoy!

It's a cracking game, I'm really looking forward to giving it a 4k run through in T minus 13 days, whoooop!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

ECookie13 wrote: »
    Christ, do you fly through them or just have incredible amounts of free time to play through those games many times? :eek:

Like, in fairness, it's spread over years :P

That and not having a social life help :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Folks, is it possible to push EA Access downloads remotely via an app/website etc?

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    Folks, is it possible to push EA Access downloads remotely via an app/website etc?

Should be, yes. It should just be available through the xbox website, just go to whichever game you want while logged in, and it should be available.

Advertisement