Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Soon hopefully!
    Must go to CEX with my physical copy soon, to get the most out of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

any sign of Fifa 18 in the vault?
    Normally about the end of April - tie in with the end of the Footy seasons in most places.

Been waiting for NHL to sort my sporting fix.

FIFA is thrash this year and while I like NFL as a sport the game is difficult to get into depth wise.

NHL should tie me over for a while.

maximoose wrote: »
    Not too long away I'd say

FIFA 17 was added in April 2017

NHL 18 is now in the vault

That was iknda lost in the mix there!

Nice one, will give that a bash over the weekend :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Rory McIlroy Small Ball 18 Holes sporty thingy is being removed from the vault, presumably for some licensing issues, as it's also being removed from sale.

See here.

Funny how they don't advertise that a game is leaving as much as they trumpet whenever a game is added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

CatInABox wrote: »
    Rory McIlroy Small Ball 18 Holes sporty thingy is being removed from the vault, presumably for some licensing issues, as it's also being removed from sale.

See here.

Funny how they don't advertise that a game is leaving as much as they trumpet whenever a game is added.

I was of the impression once games went into the vault they were there for good. I obviously misinterpreted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

erkifino wrote: »
    I was of the impression once games went into the vault they were there for good. I obviously misinterpreted it.

This isn't even the first game to be removed. All the 2014 sports games were removed when EA shut down the servers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

EA are ruthless when it comes to shutting down servers. Don't think I know of any other company that does something so aggressively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

See here.

My EA access is up for renewal next month and Rory McIlroy golf is the game I play the most on it. I may have to find a physical copy of the game now and not bother renewing my subscription at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Meh, it’s no loss really. Exact same gameplay as an old tiger game I remember playing plus I thought the graphics were quite poor imo

As I’m not really playing titanfall anymore I’m thinking I won’t be renewing my sub either. It doesn’t run out until December either way so I’ve time to get through Dead Space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,997 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Damn seen this was updated and thought FIFA 18 was on

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Damn seen this was updated and thought FIFA 18 was on

Haha.

Downloading it now to avail of my 10 hour trial in the hope it gets added soon.

CatInABox wrote:
    EA are ruthless when it comes to shutting down servers. Don't think I know of any other company that does something so aggressively.

Are they, they still have servers up for almost decade old titles. If the player base isn't there or there are issues with licensing you can hardly expect the servers to be kept up.

Are they, they still have servers up for almost decade old titles. If the player base isn't there or there are issues with licensing you can hardly expect the servers to be kept up.

They're much worse for it than almost any other gaming company that I know of. They even have a history of games they've shut down on their website.

In fairness, 2014 only looks that bad because Gamespy shutdown. Most other companies made some effort to save games though..... except Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Normally about the end of April - tie in with the end of the Footy seasons in most places.
    I wonder if we'll have to wait a little longer this year - there's a big, free "World Cup" add-on for FIFA coming on May 29 - rather than a separate World Cup cash-in game.

They might hold off on going to the Vault until after this (and perhaps closer to the kick-off of the competition)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still no Syndicate.

They're much worse for it than almost any other gaming company that I know of. They even have a history of games they've shut down on their website.

In fairness, 2014 only looks that bad because Gamespy shutdown. Most other companies made some effort to save games though..... except Nintendo.

It's good they keep a record, at least then you can check if the online is still active when buying an older game. Personally, I have no problem with them removing servers or older games due to low player base or licensing issues. In many cases there are still unofficial servers online that you can play so it's not like it's always the end. The current state of Lawbreakers shows that sometimes the kindest thing can be to pull the plug.

It's good they keep a record, at least then you can check if the online is still active when buying an older game. Personally, I have no problem with them removing servers or older games due to low player base or licensing issues. In many cases there are still unofficial servers online that you can play so it's not like it's always the end. The current state of Lawbreakers shows that sometimes the kindest thing can be to pull the plug.

Oh yeah, never affected me personally, but it'll still suck for anyone that's still playing and doesn't have the know-how to get onto an unofficial server.

At the end of the day, these companies are businesses, and they have to make a profit.
    Still no Syndicate.

I mean, I'm still waiting for another actual Syndicate game. Don't understand why they don't just make an AA game, like Grow Home, or even A Way Out, instead of trying to turn it into some kind of franchise.

Rory McIlroy PGA tour is still working for me even though it was supposed to be removed on the 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Has Need for Speed Payback flown under the radar for being released on Access? I'm able to download it now and haven't seen a post about it being available.

• Advertisement

Has Need for Speed Payback flown under the radar for being released on Access? I'm able to download it now and haven't seen a post about it being available.

Seems to be available to play alright!
    I've had it installed, not bought, since the trial and i just booted into it and it went straight in, without telling me that I had x amount of trial time left!

Might have jumped the gun early, with E3 being so soon :)

A few on twitter saying that FIFA 18 is available to download aswell.

A few on twitter saying that FIFA 18 is available to download aswell.

Sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Just renewed and no sign of it.

jh79 wrote: »
    Just renewed and no sign of it.

They're not in the actual vault yet, but if you go to the game hub, then you can install them. It's happened a few times now where it becomes available to download, but doesn't appear in the vault for a while.

They're not in the actual vault yet, but if you go to the game hub, then you can install them. It's happened a few times now where it becomes available to download, but doesn't appear in the vault for a while.

Tried that but didn't work.

jh79 wrote: »
    Tried that but didn't work.

Search both games on the store on the dashboard and both should have an "install" option if you're subscribed to EA access.

Search both games on the store on the dashboard and both should have an "install" option if you're subscribed to EA access.

Still not getting install, get install for NBA 18 so my ea access is working, anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Need for Speed is in the Vault, FIFA 18 is not. FIFA 18 seems to be on an Xbox Live Gold free to play weekend.

• Advertisement

Need for Speed is in the Vault, FIFA 18 is not. FIFA 18 seems to be on an Xbox Live Gold free to play weekend.

Yes, this seems to be the case, thanks for clearing it up. Wonder if they'll time FIFA 18 hitting the vault with the start of the world cup.

Advertisement