Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Trade in at Gamestop, use your GS Card if you have it to get the 10% extra credit and buy EA Access or Xbox Credit. Thats what i did with GTA when it was on sale in the Xbox Store

For anyone else selling FIFA i ended up getting 25.50 for it with a level 3 account in GS but unfortunately they only sell one month's sub of EA Access for €4 so I'll just have to buy the yearly sub online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DanC90 wrote: »
    Trade in at Gamestop, use your GS Card if you have it to get the 10% extra credit and buy EA Access or Xbox Credit. Thats what i did with GTA when it was on sale in the Xbox Store

For anyone else selling FIFA i ended up getting 25.50 for it with a level 3 account in GS but unfortunately they only sell one month's sub of EA Access for €4 so I'll just have to buy the yearly sub online.
    Smyths sell 12 month EA cards now if you don't want to buy onlinr.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fifa 17 is in the vault today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice :D

Yes, EA Access really is great value.

Wonder when Battlefield One will make it to The Vault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, EA Access really is great value.

Wonder when Battlefield One will make it to The Vault.

With DLC's still being released, not for a long time I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I have had Fifa 17 since i bought the Xbox S. Still not played the game.
    To much choice of games. And yes EA Access is great for its price.

With DLC's still being released, not for a long time I would imagine.

Depends how they look at it. Maybe they can get more EA Access subscribers through having more games on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Depends how they look at it. Maybe they can get more EA Access subscribers through having more games on it.

I would suspect that when sales begin to slump for it that it'll be added

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Fifa 17 is in the vault today.

Not showing in my ready to install games. All that's showing is the demo being ready to install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

GBX wrote: »
    Not showing in my ready to install games. All that's showing is the demo being ready to install.

I think you have to go through the EA Access app or the membership panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I signed up to this for a month to try it out. I'm just wondering does it work with game sharing? The wee fella wanted me to get him plants vs zombies and it's €40 but on ea access so it was a no brainier providing he can use it.

Jayop wrote: »
    I signed up to this for a month to try it out. I'm just wondering does it work with game sharing? The wee fella wanted me to get him plants vs zombies and it's €40 but on ea access so it was a no brainier providing he can use it.

Yes it does, as long as he is playing it on your "home" Xbox One he will have access to it on his account.

He's able to access everything I buy so I assume he is' I set he home things all up when we got it for him at christmas and we've not changed any settings since.

Happy days!

Be home in a few mins. The big question is what to DL first??

I'm thinking battlefield 4. Maybe some madden. Never played it before but looks fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Battlefield 4 is pretty good for online, I much prefer the story mode/Single Player from Battlefield Hardline but both are pretty good.
    I can never understand Madden, I've tried playing it and readying the rules but I just dont get it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Love Madden, and 17 is really excellent. It's a great way to learn about American Football, and I think it probably helps if you have some knowledge or interest in the game going in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I learned everything I know about NFL from the Madden games when I was younger.

Have always wished I could get more into NFL, but have no clue where I'd even start tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Lord TSC wrote: »

Have always wished I could get more into NFL, but have no clue where I'd even start tbh.

I always thought it was a kind of a cool game, and so I picked a team to follow and picked up a cheap Madden game 2nd hand for my 360. Playing through it made me appreciate just how tactical it is. Now I'm a HUGE fan. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I always thought it was a kind of a cool game, and so I picked a team to follow and picked up a cheap Madden game 2nd hand for my 360. Playing through it made me appreciate just how tactical it is. Now I'm a HUGE fan. :)

I love the tacticality of it. My mother hates it :P She always gives out its so stop/start, but thats kind of what I love about it. Like a big game of chess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Flick on redzone on Sunday evening when the season starts back up. No adverts, which is key, and it shows you the best action from all the games between 6pm until 3am.

Really is great entertainment and a nice way to get into the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I love the tacticality of it. My mother hates it :P She always gives out its so stop/start, but thats kind of what I love about it. Like a big game of chess.

Yeah, I didn't like NFL until I realised that it's all tactics.

The main problem with watching it live is the ridiculous amount of ads, which cuts out all the time for analysis of what the teams are doing. I didn't start liking it until I watched a youtube video breaking down a few plays, then I got it. The only thing stopping tv stations from doing that kind of analysis is the push for more ads. It's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yep .. if it wasnt for Madden I would be lost. Spent many a day playing it over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Without pushing this thread too much off topic: best way to enjoy a game of football is the "condensed" version currently available for all rewinds on GamePass. They cut off everything that isn't relevant, and only keep the action, from snap to dead ball. A whole game is about 30 minutes. Particularly useful when you don't care much about the commentators.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Medal of Honor: Airborne is now available to EA Access subscribers. Search for it in the store to find it.

My OCD complains when I see "Honor", really hate that misspelling for some reason. It's one of the few differences that annoy me between actual English and American English.

Is it any good? I haven't played a medal of honour game since Frontline years ago for the ps2. I loved that game but my God it was tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

What is the best FPS shooter on EA Access at the moment?

BDJW wrote: »
    What is the best FPS shooter on EA Access at the moment?

Probably Battlefield 3 or Titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Battlefield 3 story and multi-player is very good, Battlefield Hardline story is good, multi-player not that good imo
    Titanfall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Really happy with alot of the new games over the last few months. As someone who has no interest in non sport games they have really improved their offerings.

Advertisement