Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm assuming the will add dragon age 2 and possibly dead space 2 and 3 eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Anybody ever have any issues with games they downloaded? I downloaded Battlefield 3 last week. I started playing it yesterday. I'm about 2 hours into it, and the game won't seem to load past a certain point. I'm in the plane and just cleared the air base. The game saves at this point and then the plane turns around to head back to the aircraft carrier and the screen goes black and looks like it is saving. But it actually stalls here and won't go past this point :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

BDJW wrote: »
    Anybody ever have any issues with games they downloaded? I downloaded Battlefield 3 last week. I started playing it yesterday. I'm about 2 hours into it, and the game won't seem to load past a certain point. I'm in the plane and just cleared the air base. The game saves at this point and then the plane turns around to head back to the aircraft carrier and the screen goes black and looks like it is saving. But it actually stalls here and won't go past this point :confused:

battlefield games wouldn't exactly be renowned for their stability :rolleyes:

try an uninstall / reinstall, your save is in the cloud so you should be ok for your progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

BDJW wrote: »

When this happened last week, I restarted the Xbox and tried loading the game again from the last save point a couple of times, but it just kept crashing at the same point.

I haven't touched the game since last week but decided to replay the mission that it kept crashing on from the start as a last effort before deleting it and redownloading it. It seems replaying the mission from the start has fixed the issue and it went past the part it kept crashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Anything new coming out on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I got a month's EA access with my One S. If i "buy" a game that's reduced to free with EA access, will it be my game, or do I only have access to it while I have the EA sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Soarer wrote: »
    I got a month's EA access with my One S. If i "buy" a game that's reduced to free with EA access, will it be my game, or do I only have access to it while I have the EA sub?

Only as long as you have the sub.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Only as long as you have the sub.

Yeah. You do get a 10% discount off the full game though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and all Star Wars Battlefront expansions are coming to EA Access this summer.

See here. No dates yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

daaaaaaaamn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

CatInABox wrote: »
    Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and all Star Wars Battlefront expansions are coming to EA Access this summer.

See here. No dates yet.

Says the Battlefront expansions are available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Have to say this has really made my week. I have bought a few triple A games right before they were Games with Gold. Knew battlefield was coming but was nearly bought titanfall 2 this week as I thought it would not hit ea access.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

tkd93 wrote: »
    Have to say this has really made my week.

You should get out more

:eek:

You should get out more

:eek:

Saving €40 or so would make my week too! You walking around with loads of brown paper bags again, Charlie Haughy? Some of us are living way beyond our means!*

*So, how many xboxers will get politics jokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

*So, how many xboxers will get politics jokes?

dbed2fa3323085c90b7e2f9a15d17cf6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Ah would you stop have like 200 quid in cex vouchers and just lost only two games I was interested in buying.

Ah would you stop have like 200 quid in cex vouchers and just lost only two games I was interested in buying.

Have 78 euro from February last year haha, decision now is do I trade battlefield in to cex now and hope it arrives on the vault in the next month

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Buy a DS or something?

Hococop wrote: »
    Have 78 euro from February last year haha, decision now is do I trade battlefield in to cex now and hope it arrives on the vault in the next month

I'd say the running order would be the DLC for Battlefront this month (as has been pointed out above, it's already out), then Titanfall 2, then Battlefield 1 in September.

That's just a total guess though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

See here. No dates yet.
    They always tend to do something big like this around August... When most of the first subscribers come up for renewal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hococop wrote: »

My last couple of vouchers for cex expired after a year. Thankfully not worth too much I was still annoyed with myself for not realising soon enough.

Good news on TF2, I sold it quite a while ago in prep for an EA access appearance but the feckers held out on us!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

theteal wrote:
    My last couple of vouchers for cex expired after a year. Thankfully not worth too much I was still annoyed with myself for not realising soon enough.

Really? Any vouchers I've ever had for CeX had an expiry date 1000 years from now. 10th July 3017 etc.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Really? Any vouchers I've ever had for CeX had an expiry date 1000 years from now. 10th July 3017 etc.

Same that's why I wasnt too pushed on using it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Yes, really, cex UK, I was just about to approach the counter with a copy of halo 5 when I copped the date on them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

theteal wrote: »
    Yes, really, cex UK, I was just about to approach the counter with a copy of halo 5 when I copped the date on them

Bastads.

Couple of deals on EA Access on Amazon for Prime members right now till midnight.

1 year EA Access £15.99 https://www.amazon.co.uk/EA-Access-Year-Membership-Download/dp/B01G2M1E5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499723042&sr=8-1&keywords=ea+access

Xbox Live 3 Month Gold Membership + 12 Month EA Access + £10 Xbox Live Currency [Xbox Live Download Codes] £28.69 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Month-Membership-Access-Currency-Download/dp/B071F36GQ1?tag=hotukdeals062-21

If you haven't got Prime, you can get a free 1 month trial.

So, Eurogamer are reporting that Titanfall AND Battlefield 1 are hitting EA Access this month. Really thought that they'd space the releases out a bit, but then again, I also thought that BF1 wouldn't be on Access until christmas time, so what do I know.

EA Access must look great on the financial report for them to put a couple of big games on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So, Eurogamer are reporting that Titanfall AND Battlefield 1 are hitting EA Access this month. Really thought that they'd space the releases out a bit, but then again, I also thought that BF1 wouldn't be on Access until christmas time, so what do I know.

EA Access must look great on the financial report for them to put a couple of big games on there.
    Was expecting one at the end of the month due to the upcoming mass renewal at the start of August, not both of them.

Summer sale I'm guessing was their last attempt to push sales, now add to the vault an push the dlc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Cant wait to play battlefield. I've never properly played one of those before but I should love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's like they're actively trying to sabotage Titanfall, if they'd even spaced them out a month apart, it'd give the game a chance to gather new players. It's the launch all over again, with everyone spread too thin between bf1 titanfall and cod.

Advertisement