Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

It's like they're actively trying to sabotage Titanfall, if they'd even spaced them out a month apart, it'd give the game a chance to gather new players. It's the launch all over again, with everyone spread too thin between bf1 titanfall and cod.

Looking at the sales your right

Tf2 1.14 million sales
    Bf1 4.77 million

As you say they should separate it, release titanfall now and battlefield in 1-2 months time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

It's like they're actively trying to sabotage Titanfall, if they'd even spaced them out a month apart, it'd give the game a chance to gather new players. It's the launch all over again, with everyone spread too thin between bf1 titanfall and cod.

It would probably help alright, but there's also the people who opted to get BF1 only at launch who would like to jump straight into Titanfall 2 when it goes live in the vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Its crazy to think Titanfall 1 sold over 10 million copies on just the PC & Xbox.

EA messed up big time. They did the same with Medal of Honor. They released it 1 week before Black Ops 2 came out. The biggest selling COD game ever.

They should have moved it to March 2017 but they stupidly didn't.

Fair play to Respawn. They just continue working away adding content and updates. You can see every day on Twitter someone finishes the Titanfall 2 campaign and goes to Twitter to compliment Respawn.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Titanfall 2 ****s all over BF1 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mickeroo wrote: »

Although very short, the campaign in TF2 is one of the greatest I've ever played. The MP is equally as fun.

Whereas the campaign in BF1 is grand and the MP quite enjoyable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Although very short, the campaign in TF2 is one of the greatest I've ever played. The MP is equally as fun.

Whereas the campaign in BF1 is grand and the MP quite enjoyable

I thought the campaign in BF1 was pure muck, apart from the one about the pilot. The mutiplayer in Titanfall is great in a way, that you can drop in at anytime and still feel like a badass, whereas BF1 can be mega rage inducing at times.

this video sums it up brilliantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0HNLkpQbZQ

Can't believe BF is going on already.

I'll do what I did with BF4 and sell up using my trade in against Access and get added benefits.

The prince in CEX is pretty poor, e25 credit when I last checked though theres a few games I've missed the past while to use it against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Its crazy to think Titanfall 1 sold over 10 million copies on just the PC & Xbox.

EA messed up big time. They did the same with Medal of Honor. They released it 1 week before Black Ops 2 came out. The biggest selling COD game ever.

They should have moved it to March 2017 but they stupidly didn't.

Fair play to Respawn. They just continue working away adding content and updates. You can see every day on Twitter someone finishes the Titanfall 2 campaign and goes to Twitter to compliment Respawn.

There's that and there's the fact that titanfall 2 MP doesn't add much new to the game. I bought TF2 for the campaign but haven't played MP as much as I did TF1 (despite it being equally as good).

If I had to put my finger on it I'd say the problem is the lack of campaign or a story in TF1 which would entice people back in. If you look at the likes of Halo, MP hasn't evolved drastically, its the story that brings people back. TF1 was easy to abandon with a lack of story or characters to emotionally invest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

*not that anyone is still playing it but good to know for future games.
    Fifa 14 severs are been shut down in October and it is been removed from the vault, but if have it already downloaded you can still access what is left of the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

gmg678 wrote: »
    *not that anyone is still playing it but good to know for future games.
    Fifa 14 severs are been shut down in October and it is been removed from the vault, but if have it already downloaded you can still access what is left of the game.

Thanks for ruining my day.

Can't wait for TF2 and BF to get to the vault. Loved the former and haven't played the latter at all.

25 euro/year. Lol/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

TF2 now available

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's me tipped over the edge to get EA Access, once I finish the Master Chief Collection. I've been wanting to try TF2 and Dragon Age, and there's enough there for my son to get into too. Between this and Xbox Game Pass, I won't be buying a game for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

dunworth1 wrote: »
    TF2 now available

Hopefully this will bring more numbers into the game, it really is underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

I had no real reason for buying access. Getting it now, just for Titanfall. Can't wait to try it.

Just a heads up for people with slow internet its a 66gb download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Mickeroo wrote: »

TitanFall 2 is a very good game but it and BF1 are nothing alike.

I own both but find TF2 multiplayer has far less longevity and it's too much like 'more of the same' compared to the first game. The only real addition to TF2 for me was the campaign.

I agree the campaign in TF2 incidentally is much better than BF1, but realistically the overwhelmingly majority of gamers these days don't even play campaign anymore in games that are historically MP affairs (COD, BF, etc).

Not surprised BF1 is going in the vault, already sold a boatload of it and now they'll be hoping to see a surge in people buying DLC/Season Pass, which many probably will.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,898 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TitanFall 2 is a very good game but it and BF1 are nothing alike.

I own both but find TF2 multiplayer has far less longevity and it's too much like 'more of the same' compared to the first game. The only real addition to TF2 for me was the campaign.

I agree the campaign in TF2 incidentally is much better than BF1, but realistically the overwhelmingly majority of gamers these days don't even play campaign anymore in games that are historically MP affairs (COD, BF, etc).

Not surprised BF1 is going in the vault, already sold a boatload of it and now they'll be hoping to see a surge in people buying DLC/Season Pass, which many probably will.

TF2 multiplayer is much easier to pick up and play solo than BF1.

Also BF has been around donkeys years now and has built a loyal fanbase who'll purchase each game on release. TF2 is a new enough franchise and is still growing. Unfortunately Respawn didn't hold off releasing it until March rather than in the busy pre Christmas rush as most people would have been picking up BF or COD for their FPS. If they had of delayed I bet sales would have been much higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Hococop wrote: »
    Just a heads up for people with slow internet its a 66gb download

ahh ffs.

looks like tomorrow is bring my xbox and monitor to work day..
    again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

emmetkenny wrote: »
    TF2 multiplayer is much easier to pick up and play solo than BF1.

Also BF has been around donkeys years now and has built a loyal fanbase who'll purchase each game on release. TF2 is a new enough franchise and is still growing. Unfortunately Respawn didn't hold off releasing it until March rather than in the busy pre Christmas rush as most people would have been picking up BF or COD for their FPS. If they had of delayed I bet sales would have been much higher.

i'd be almost certain respawn didn't have a choice in the matter

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Battlefield 1 is in the vault, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

CatInABox wrote: »
    Battlefield 1 is in the vault, apparently.

Awesome I've only started playing it again and was running out of trial time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I was downloading the trial version? Not fully downloaded yet. I don't have to download it again so I?
    3 meg broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

BadCharlie wrote: »
    I was downloading the trial version? Not fully downloaded yet. I don't have to download it again so I?
    3 meg broadband

It's the same thing, you won't need to download again :)

My EA access sub automatically renewed today because I had auto-renew on but it says on my account that next payment will be taken on the 10th of September.

Is this normal? Don't get why they wouldn't take it on the day it renews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's normal alright!
    My renewal and payment dates are different too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dead Space 2 is now in the vault.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Dead Space 2 is now in the vault.

My favorite of the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is the Fifa 18 trial still supposed to work?

I’m stuck on a loading screen after it says connecting to EA servers?

Have uninstalled and reinstalled and same again. Other EA Access games work grand. Had console since Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is the Fifa 18 trial still supposed to work?

I’m stuck on a loading screen after it says connecting to EA servers?

Have uninstalled and reinstalled and same again. Other EA Access games work grand. Had console since Tuesday.

Just had a look on twitter and a few having the same issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

Just had a look on twitter and a few having the same issue

I had the same issue and i read on an EA forum that plugging out any usb should help,i plugged out the guitar hero dongle and it worked straight away!

Advertisement