Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

BadCharlie wrote: »
    I'm downloading them at the moment. Today was the first day I could see them in the vault.

Mmmmm just had another look still not there, your region set to ireland or an other one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

^^^^^^^
    Just find them within the store on the xbox, it will say that you own BF 3 and ask you to install it. For BF BC 2, it'll say install or buy. Click on install :)

No need to go into the Access app at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Mmmmm just had another look still not there, your region set to ireland or an other one?

It is ireland.
    Booted Xbox up today and it was all ready in the ea access.

Maybe give Xbox a full restart

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, Battlefield 3 just cropped up in my ready to install list, so they are in the vault (this time!). I had already installed BC2, had it through Games with Gold.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, Battlefield 3 just cropped up in my ready to install list, so they are in the vault (this time!). I had already installed BC2, had it through Games with Gold.

Ahhhhhhhh I was checking the vault app not ready to install, there it is.

EDIT: How the hell is BF3 a 33gb download? It was 2 dvd on release and even if those were dual layer it would still be half the data. Guess they figured they'd skip the compression the the HD download ?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

marcbrophy wrote: »

Worked for me anyway, thanks. (more generally, I'm loving EA Access, terrific value for money)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Worked for me anyway, thanks. (more generally, I'm loving EA Access, terrific value for money)

Great stuff :)
    Yeah, it's a great value for it's price alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Madden 16 was out at the start of February, hopefully 17 will be the samr

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

From EA:

Later this year, even more blockbuster content will hit The Vault, including:

o Dead Space™ Ignition
    o Madden NFL™ 17
    o Skate™ 3
    o Zuma's Revenge™

These are all in the next three months as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just started download the Mass Effect games which I swore I'd never play again...then got Bad Company 2..no idea how I have it as I only had it on the PC.

Blazer wrote: »
    Just started download the Mass Effect games which I swore I'd never play again...then got Bad Company 2..no idea how I have it as I only had it on the PC.

It was Games with Gold ages ago, it's also in the EA Access vault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Didn't even know dead space ignition existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tinie wrote: »
    Didn't even know dead space ignition existed.

Dont blame you, it is a puzzle game tied together with a motion comic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I have ea access and find i dont play any games. How so i cancel auto subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I have ea access and find i dont play any games. How so i cancel auto subscription?

Just sign in here and you can alter your auto renewal for subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Just sign in here and you can alter your auto renewal for subscriptions.

Thanks. Was looking on the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

My one month free EA access expires today. Not blown away with the content but I've been too engrossed in The Witcher to give it a proper look. Also running out of HD space in my 500GB console so can't download many games.

Anyone aware of any current offers on a 12 months subscription?

Plan on purchasing a 2 TB HD and getting dug in once I'm done with the Witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

skerry wrote: »
    My one month free EA access expires today. Not blown away with the content but I've been too engrossed in The Witcher to give it a proper look. Also running out of HD space in my 500GB console so can't download many games.

Once the game is purchased you can delete it and download it later :)

There's not usually deals on EA Access, but there was an offer on Amazon for 12 Months of Live with 12 Months of EA Access a while back. Maybe check if it's still there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Can be purchased for less on other regions or what I do now is I get the 1 month deals when cheap on cdkeys and renew it when they put on a new game that interests me as i'm not a big sports game fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It costs €24.99 usually. Most of the deals I've seen for it get it down to about €23.99, so usually it's not worth the hassle.

It's great for Battlefield games (Bad Company 2, Battelfield 3, Battelfield 4 and Hardline are all there), Star Wars Battlefront, Titanfall, Dead Space have the FPS covered.

All the sports games are there up to the 2016 editions (Probably expect Madden 17 to go in around Superbowl time, FIFA 17 around the end of the season). Although that's no use if you don't like sports games.

PvZ Garden Warfare 1 and 2 are quite fun and there are a few other puzzle games (Peggle 1 & 2) and a few Pop Cap games.

Skate 3 and a few other games will be coming in the next three months. 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

If not on a hurry keep an eye on cdkeys, I got them for under €22 (with 5% facebook code) a couple of weeks ago, they have them on a daily offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Is anyone else having a problem with mass effect 3 from the vault? It was working perfectly last week I tried to play yesterday and it gets to the 360 screen then just goes totally blank. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the same thing happened. I can't keep reinstalling it's 15g each time- virgin will start to throttle me soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Is anyone else having a problem with mass effect 3 from the vault? It was working perfectly last week I tried to play yesterday and it gets to the 360 screen then just goes totally blank. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the same thing happened. I can't keep reinstalling it's 15g each time- virgin will start to throttle me soon!

Have you tried doing a hard reset? (Hold down the power button on the console for 10 seconds).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

That worked a treat Gizmo thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Ok so I purchased an xbox one S very recently, haven't had a chance to unbox yet cuz of you kids. I'm on a work assignment in Bahrain so was looking forward to using it as an all round entertainment hub, especially when the family go back home for the summer and I'm stuck here in the furnace! I was especially looking forward to signing up for EA access as seems like an incredible deal. Plenty there i'd have a go at. However, the more I research it, the more I think i'm wasting my time. I don't see that Bahrain is one of the countries it is available in! KSA and UAE are but not poor little Bahrain between them. I assume i'm screwed if its not a listed country? There's no way I can put my country down as KSA instead and it might work since they're so close (would be like saying you were from the midlands instead of Dublin in terms of distance)?

The pack I got comes with I month EA access trial so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Is there any talk of expanding the availability?

cheers....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Ok so I purchased an xbox one S very recently, haven't had a chance to unbox yet cuz of you kids. I'm on a work assignment in Bahrain so was looking forward to using it as an all round entertainment hub, especially when the family go back home for the summer and I'm stuck here in the furnace! I was especially looking forward to signing up for EA access as seems like an incredible deal. Plenty there i'd have a go at. However, the more I research it, the more I think i'm wasting my time. I don't see that Bahrain is one of the countries it is available in! KSA and UAE are but not poor little Bahrain between them. I assume i'm screwed if its not a listed country? There's no way I can put my country down as KSA instead and it might work since they're so close (would be like saying you were from the midlands instead of Dublin in terms of distance)?

The pack I got comes with I month EA access trial so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Is there any talk of expanding the availability?

cheers....

Where did you buy the console from in the end?

if you got it from Ireland or the UK, just set it up as a UK /Irish console.

You can set the console up for whatever region you want. If you buy a game or whatever from a different region, it'll still be available to you when you swap regions. The only thing that'll be restricted is the video content from the xbox store, thats much more tightly regulated than games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Where did you buy the console from in the end?

if you got it from Ireland or the UK, just set it up as a UK /Irish console.

You can set the console up for whatever region you want. If you buy a game or whatever from a different region, it'll still be available to you when you swap regions. The only thing that'll be restricted is the video content from the xbox store, thats much more tightly regulated than games.

I bought it in Bahrain as that's where i'll be based for the next couple of years at least. If I set it up as an irish console, I assume it will still know that its in Bahrain? Also when I try to sign up for EA access the drop down doesn't have Bahrain. What happens if I just say my country is Ireland I wonder? As I said, i'll just see what happens with the access code that comes with it....would be great if it works but I doubt it will!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    I bought it in Bahrain as that's where i'll be based for the next couple of years at least. If I set it up as an irish console, I assume it will still know that its in Bahrain? Also when I try to sign up for EA access the drop down doesn't have Bahrain. What happens if I just say my country is Ireland I wonder? As I said, i'll just see what happens with the access code that comes with it....would be great if it works but I doubt it will!!

set up the console as irish and try and redeem the code.

I'd nearly bet money on it working.

the system is very open.

Advertisement