Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

set up the console as irish and try and redeem the code.

I'd nearly bet money on it working.

the system is very open.

And in signing up for EA access, say put country down as Ireland? sounds too good to be true! surely can't be that easy but i'll give it a whirl....what I don't want to do though is make a balls of setting up the console such that it doesn't know where the hell it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    And in signing up for EA access, say put country down as Ireland? sounds too good to be true! surely can't be that easy but i'll give it a whirl....what I don't want to do though is make a balls of setting up the console such that it doesn't know where the hell it is!!

It'll work fine, don't worry about it.

The whole life of my 2 xbox ones, have been set up as Ireland, even though the VPN on my network would lead them to believe that they are in Canada or UK or US.

You can set it up as whatever region you like :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It'll work fine, don't worry about it.

The whole life of my 2 xbox ones, have been set up as Ireland, even though the VPN on my network would lead them to believe that they are in Canada or UK or US.

You can set it up as whatever region you like :)

Ok so let me get this straight.....if I set up my console here in Bahrain and tell it its in Ireland and set up an ea access account and say Ireland is my country, then I can enter code (say that came with the pack) and it should work?? Even though the IP address will be for Bahrain? What about Xbox live gold, surely that will cop that the console isn't based in the country is says it it....I really hope it works but I'm sceptical😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Ok so let me get this straight.....if I set up my console here in Bahrain and tell it its in Ireland and set up an ea access account and say Ireland is my country, then I can enter code (say that came with the pack) and it should work?? Even though the IP address will be for Bahrain? What about Xbox live gold, surely that will cop that the console isn't based in the country is says it it....I really hope it works but I'm sceptical😀

It works. MS don't really care about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I await the conclusion to this epic journey with bated breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

yep your only issue will be payment method you'll need an Irish card
    and address

I'd go with a 30 day code from CD Keys costs about 2.50 I think. That way you can test it with little risk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just saw Star Was is on it.

Is there any single player in it? I'll be honest, if I want online multiplayer, Overwatch is my go to, but if there was a single player or story, I'd happily give it a try :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just saw Star Was is on it.

Is there any single player in it? I'll be honest, if I want online multiplayer, Overwatch is my go to, but if there was a single player or story, I'd happily give it a try :)

Nope.

There's a couple of training missions that spawn in waves of bots, but that's pretty much it.
    No story mode, just MP.

Nope.

There's a couple of training missions that spawn in waves of bots, but that's pretty much it.
    No story mode, just MP.

Excuse my complete ignorance on multiplayer online gaming (C64 generation!!) but in the case of battlefront, can I join any random campaign or how does it work? I 100% absolutely do not know anyone to play online with so does that mean I will never experience the best aspects of BF? Just curious.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Excuse my complete ignorance on multiplayer online gaming (C64 generation!!) but in the case of battlefront, can I join any random campaign or how does it work? I 100% absolutely do not know anyone to play online with so does that mean I will never experience the best aspects of BF? Just curious.....

I don't know anything specific about Battlefront as I've never actually played it but in general most online shooters you can just jump in and play at random. You just click play, the game searches for a game/lobby for you and then dumps you in. You'll probably get smashed initially but you just find your way around, pick off a couple of kills and before you know it, you're having proper fun. I don't play with anyone online, I've never spoken to anyone, you'll never catch me wearing an ear piece thingy.

I know I'm missing out on some team play aspects of games and I do come up against people who are clearly in cahoots with each other - usually ends badly for me, but I get 15-20 minutes to myself to play (usually holding a sleeping baby) so a quick jump in and out suits me just fine.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,209 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah you don't need anyone to play with, it will find other people for you and you can pretty much forget they're there. If you don't play many online shooters it's actually a very easy game to pick up and play and if you're big into your star wars you might very well enjoy it. No harm to to try it out and see if you have an access sub anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Also, don't worry about your score or number of kills or anything like that, you'll be playing against people who know the levels like the back of their hand, so I generally spend more time trying to learn a level rather than kill anyone at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I think Skate 3 has been added to the vault?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I think Skate 3 has been added to the vault?

Confirmed by EA Germany. No mention on the EA Access FB or Twitter yet though.

https://twitter.com/EA_Germany/status/831186219509940225

nice, I just want to see what all the fuss is about, I played 1 & 2, but I'm more of a Tony Hawk man at heart.

Yeah showing up in my ready to install list!!

nice, I just want to see what all the fuss is about, I played 1 & 2, but I'm more of a Tony Hawk man at heart.

The fuss was a bunch of youtubers recording 3 hours of gameplay for a 12 minute compilation video. Editing it carefully to make it look hilarious at all times!

It really isn't that great of a game.

I, being the idiot that I am, forgot this and when it went BC, I bought it digitally :(

But for free, sure it's worth a go, I guess :pac:

The fuss was a bunch of youtubers recording 3 hours of gameplay for a 12 minute compilation video. Editing it carefully to make it look hilarious at all times!

It really isn't that great of a game.

I, being the idiot that I am, forgot this and when it went BC, I bought it digitally :(

But for free, sure it's worth a go, I guess :pac:

100% agree and yes I bought digital too. PS2/One era Tony Hawk games are Skateboard gaming golden era.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

The soundtrack to Pro Skater 2 <3

• Advertisement

The soundtrack to Pro Skater 2 <3

Speaking of soundtracks, there's some great stuff on spotify, I spent my weekend listening to the ssx3 soundtrack. Some real throwback tunes in there.

I await the conclusion to this epic journey with bated breath.

No need to wait any longer...i'm up and running and have downloaded BF which works no problem. I set up as irish console. Used 30 day EA access trial that came with it so only concern now is how to pay for yearly subscription once that is up.....I assume there'll be no issue....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Test it to see if you can purchase a Monthly sub, then go for the yearly one

Test it to see if you can purchase a Monthly sub, then go for the yearly one

Yeah might do that alright....small money anyway in the grander scheme of things....

No need to wait any longer...i'm up and running and have downloaded BF which works no problem. I set up as irish console. Used 30 day EA access trial that came with it so only concern now is how to pay for yearly subscription once that is up.....I assume there'll be no issue....

Nice one, glad to hear you got sorted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/EAAccess/status/832311107138228226

Madden 17 hits the vault soon, for those wishing to recreate Tom Bradys Revenge Tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm going to sign up for EA access this weekend. For those that have played the Battlefield games, which is your favourite (i.e. which one should I download first!)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

BDJW wrote: »
    I'm going to sign up for EA access this weekend. For those that have played the Battlefield games, which is your favourite (i.e. which one should I download first!)?

I would go with Badcompany 2. I played a little of it my self but found it good. Problem is i have to many games to play at the moment. Still playing plants vs zombies garden warfare each day "just to much fun"

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

BDJW wrote: »

I enjoyed the multi-player on battlefield 4, sorry was good but I love the story on Battlefield Hardline mainly because anytime I go back to play it out sums up what's happened line in a TV show with "Previously on Hardline" so if you haven't played in a while you will probably remember what you were doing before

Advertisement