Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's World Cup 2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Right but you seem to have the impression that they won't ask themselves these questions. Which is an incorrect impression.

That's not my impression at all....having worked with one of the squad members for six months this year I have no doubts about their mentality and commitment...just hope everybody, media/public/players/staff continue to aim higher and expect more. The job isn't done, it has just started and I hope that mentality pervades everywhere. This can be the beginning of something not the end of something but everybody has to keep the pressure on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Rightwing wrote: »
    Indeed, if everything goes according to script, we are looking at an Eng-Fr final.

Canada no push over though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

vienne86 wrote: »
    Canada no push over though.

True. Unlike the Irish, they are putting up a fight - so far.

Ooh that yellow for France is harsh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I went to the gym and the France Canada match was on and I embarrassed myself by shouting out loud. And clapping. Whoops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Wow. That's incredibly bad refereeing.
    Canada were given a penalty for an illegal challenge after the ball was kicked.
    It should have been awarded where the ball landed, but instead was awarded where the ball stopped rolling!
    That brought it into kicking range so Canada go in at the break 6 - 6. Good match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

well i guess the french can't say no team scored a try against them in the world cup now.... great try by canada

edit: another great try by canada !!!

This is some performance by Canada. Nearly in for a third try there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Commiserations on the loss. It is always hard to string 2 good matches together, especially when the first victory is over a top-ranked rugby nation.

(Is it just me, or is the sleeping giant of English rugby awakening: U20s, women's rugby, men's team decent, 7s not bad.)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

That one Harvey is not bad lookin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Canada are doing very well. Harvey is some player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Cracking game, great ad for women's rugby.

Canada have their tails up - France look rattled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Swiwi. wrote: »
    l
    (Is it just me, or is the sleeping giant of English rugby awakening: U20s, women's rugby, men's team decent, 7s not bad.)

Yeah, that train has been rolling and gathering quite the momentum, they seem to be good at peaking for the major tournaments.

Some great free flowing and ball handling by Canada.

Edit, but of course a mistake as I post ultimately leads to a try against them.

Ah that was a cracking try for France - very patient. This is great entertainment!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭phog

That's a tough result on the women, from the high of beating NZ to a trashing by England, I felt it would be a tough task but I never imagined that scoreline or the performance from England.

I thought once we scored first we might settle and then hoped we'd hold off conceding a try until after halftime but England responded almost immediately.

Overall it's been a good WC for Ireland and the girls should be proud of their performances.

France could have had a try there if they moved out outside on either occasion there.

phog wrote: »
    That's a tough result on the women, from the high of beating NZ to a trashing by England, I felt it would be a tough task but I never imagined that scoreline or the performance from England.

I thought once we scored first we might settle and then hoped we'd hold off conceding a try until after halftime but England responded almost immediately.

Overall it's been a good WC for Ireland and the girls should be proud of their performances.

And we should be proud of our girls. Great to see so much interest in women's rugby.

@vienne86: would you rather a female ref for the final, or the best ref available even if that meant Nigel Owens or Craig Joubert for example??

• Advertisement

France will try to maul this over and will probably get it too.

@vienne86: would you rather a female ref for the final, or the best ref available even if that meant Nigel Owens or Craig Joubert for example??

I'd prefer Nigel. I think he is a superior ref to anyone.

This is a cracking match.

Told ya. Good pressure from the Canadians for the conversion attempt.

I think the best available ref, regardless of gender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Told ya. Good pressure from the Canadians for the conversion attempt.

not a big follower of rugby so didn't realise you could rush the conversion like that

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'd prefer Nigel. I think he is a superior ref to anyone.
    vienne86 wrote: »
    I think the best available ref, regardless of gender.

Yeah that's my feeling too. I wonder if we'll ever see a female ref doing men's senior matches? No reason why not.

That was a great game, glad to see Canada through.

So we will be playing France for third place. That won't be easy.

• Advertisement

Fairplay to the canucks. Would be great if they could win, but I suppose England must be favourites.

Advertisement