Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

8-10 wrote: »
    Robbie Brady, on set pieces and good fixtures. 5.0m with a little doubt over playing time but Bruce spoke well of him last week

If he starts he's the best in that bracket for me
    With him not making the bench for their Europa League game, that question over him starting just got alot bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm expecting Hull to stick to the 352 formation so I don't see Brady getting that many starts.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I'm expecting Hull to stick to the 352 formation so I don't see Brady getting that many starts.
    Does that bring Bruce into play or is Harry Maguire the man?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Haha, we're going to go at it again over Hull now :pac::pac:

Brady played last season in the 3-5-2 so why do you think that formation will effect him?

I don't expect him to play given all the players they've signed tbh but I don't think that formation would particularly effect his playing time.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Haha, we're going to go at it again over Hull now :pac::pac:

Brady played last season in the 3-5-2 so why do you think that formation will effect him?

I don't expect him to play given all the players they've signed tbh but I don't think that formation would particularly effect his playing time.

He played Left wing back in a 352 a handful of times last season. Most of the time it was Rosenior or Figueroa.

To answer CSF I wouldn't be sure who will play but I'm not sure why Bruce has been priced 0.5m lower than the rest of the lads likely to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He played Left wing back in a 352 a handful of times last season. Most of the time it was Rosenior or Figueroa.

To answer CSF I wouldn't be sure who will play but I'm not sure why Bruce has been priced 0.5m lower than the rest of the lads likely to play.

Was Brady not a regular until he got injured?

I'd say Bruce is 0.5 mil cheaper because when everybody else was fit last season he didn't play.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Was Brady not a regular until he got injured?

I'd say Bruce is 0.5 mil cheaper because when everybody else was fit last season he didn't play.
    He was a regular but they were playing 433/451/442 for most of his appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's fair enough maybe I'm wrong and he won't play but if we're talking watch list he's definitely on mine. If he gets starts he'll be in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Moreno(if Liverpool finally get him) got to be one to keep an eye on very attack-minded 3 goals in 29 league games last year would probably come in at 6.0 but might be worth a punt with the new bp's system seemingly favouring attacking full-backs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jack Wilshere 6.5m

On paper he doesn't look like a guaranteed starter yet always seems to get minutes when fit. Decent shot at playing 10 with Ozil likely to be rested at the start of the season. Very cheap for an attacking midfielder at Arsenal if he stays fit and gets enough playtime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Think this is the best place for this question.

Looking for the best 5.0 or 4.5 midfielder. In theory, someone that's guaranteed to start. Some options are:

Albrighton, 4.5m: have him in my team as a place holder. No idea if he will start or not.
    Delph, 5.0m: was Villa's player of the season last year, but that's not saying much. He is guaranteed game time but won't offer much going forward.
    Stehpen Ireland, 5.0m: started 7 of Stokes last 8 games last season, and chipped in with some goals and assists. Hard to know if he'll keep his place though.
    Scott Arfield, 5.0m: It appear he did quite well last season, but I honestly know nothing about him, and I don't like picking players that I don't know anything about!! Also, Burnley don't have the easiest first 3 games.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I like the look of King for Leicester - looks to have an eye for a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Think this is the best place for this question.

Looking for the best 5.0 or 4.5 midfielder. In theory, someone that's guaranteed to start. Some options are:

Albrighton, 4.5m: have him in my team as a place holder. No idea if he will start or not.
    Delph, 5.0m: was Villa's player of the season last year, but that's not saying much. He is guaranteed game time but won't offer much going forward.
    Stehpen Ireland, 5.0m: started 7 of Stokes last 8 games last season, and chipped in with some goals and assists. Hard to know if he'll keep his place though.
    Scott Arfield, 5.0m: It appear he did quite well last season, but I honestly know nothing about him, and I don't like picking players that I don't know anything about!! Also, Burnley don't have the easiest first 3 games.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I actually think Kieran Richardson is value at 5m, got 4 goals and 5 assists last season with Fulham, signed by Villa, got assumed he'll be a starter.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I actually think Kieran Richardson is value at 5m, got 4 goals and 5 assists last season with Fulham, signed by Villa, got assumed he'll be a starter.

Think he will be at LB though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

AdamD wrote: »
    Jack Wilshere 6.5m

On paper he doesn't look like a guaranteed starter yet always seems to get minutes when fit. Decent shot at playing 10 with Ozil likely to be rested at the start of the season. Very cheap for an attacking midfielder at Arsenal if he stays fit and gets enough playtime.

I'd personally expect Ramsey to play higher up the pitch with Wilshere dropping back alongside Arteta or a new signing if that scenario occurs.

Paully D wrote: »
    I'd personally expect Ramsey to play higher up the pitch with Wilshere dropping back alongside Arteta or a new signing if that scenario occurs.

Wilshere will play 10 before Ramsey, was always the case last season.

Wilshere will play 10 before Ramsey, was always the case last season.

Dunno what matches you were watching

manual_man wrote: »
    Dunno what matches you were watching

Every single one of them, Ramsey didnt play 10 once last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

so youre telling us ramsey got all those points and goals last season when he was playing as a deep lying midfielder while wilshere got fck all playing in the 10..... ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I don't think it's up for debate to be honest. Ramsey doesn't nor ever will he play in what is known as the number 10 position. Neither does Frank Lampard or Yaya Toure. Jack Wilshere does play that position quite often but he's been used as a partner for Arteta/Flamini also from time to time. Either way the second "holding midfielder" (usually Ramsey) for Arsenal has licence to get forward quite a lot. Ramsey had an outrageous goals per attempt ratio last year I'd say. I don't think he's value at 9m. Wilshere would be fantastic value but will probably play no more than 50% of the time unless there are a few injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I don't think it's up for debate to be honest. Ramsey doesn't nor ever will he play in what is known as the number 10 position. Neither does Frank Lampard or Yaya Toure. Jack Wilshere does play that position quite often but he's been used as a partner for Arteta/Flamini also from time to time. Either way the second "holding midfielder" (usually Ramsey) for Arsenal has licence to get forward quite a lot. Ramsey had an outrageous goals per attempt ratio last year I'd say. I don't think he's value at 9m. Wilshere would be fantastic value but will probably play no more than 50% of the time unless there are a few injuries.

Trouble is Wilshere is usually one of those on the treatment table!

• Advertisement

jebforever wrote: »
    Trouble is Wilshere is usually one of those on the treatment table!

And sending one of the apprentices down to the shop for 20 Major (keep the change)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    so youre telling us ramsey got all those points and goals last season when he was playing as a deep lying midfielder while wilshere got fck all playing in the 10..... ok

To be fair he didn't say that, Ramsey played out wide in the 3 behind Giroud. Arsenals midfielders have a lot of freedom to roam around though so I wouldn't get too caught up in fixed positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Cazorla is the 10 with Ozil out! Before Ozil signed that is where he played and was one of Arsenals best players.
    Wilshere will get plenty of gametime in various midfield positions where he is needed, but he needs to show more consistency before I consider him for my team and earns a regular spot in the Arsenal team when all are available.
    Poster who said Ramsey never plays 10 is correct but with the summer off he is a good pick for sure until Ozil and Walcott are at 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I love how the "Anti-Ramsey Brigade" are actually his biggest fans now and will see no ill will spoken against him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I love how the "Anti-Ramsey Brigade" are actually his biggest fans now and will see no ill will spoken against him :pac:

You can't deny class....(for much longer than 7 months)

Any time Wilshire he and Arteta played, he was the furthest forward of the 3 for 90% of the match. Clear as day he was the number 10 and Wilshire and Arteta were the holding mids. My belief is a lot of English media wanted to believe Wilshire was playing the number 10, him being the next Great Hope and all that, so they put him there in their lineups, despite it being bloody obvious he was operating as a holding mid. The shame of admitting a Welsh man had that role ahead of him, imagine...

hahaha whatever about the discussion of who plays 10 and who plays deep lying/wide ramsey gets far more points than wilshere and thats that.

sigurdsson is .5 cheaper than wilshere and a much better alternative imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Arsenal+v+Tottenham+Hotspur+Premier+League+228PXHjAfO_l.jpg

Q.E.D.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Any time Wilshire he and Arteta played, he was the furthest forward of the 3 for 90% of the match. Clear as day he was the number 10 and Wilshire and Arteta were the holding mids. My belief is a lot of English media wanted to believe Wilshire was playing the number 10, him being the next Great Hope and all that, so they put him there in their lineups, despite it being bloody obvious he was operating as a holding mid. The shame of admitting a Welsh man had that role ahead of him, imagine...

Because the English media won't hear a bad word said about one of their own:pac:

What's your take on the moon landing and 9/11:p

He's a bit pricier this year but I think Marco "Arnie" Arnautovic will have a big year for Stoke, he's my mid price midfielder of choice at the moment. I also think Tom Huddlestone can b a good option this year, real pity he missed a penalty the other night as he may not see another one now.

Advertisement