Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I thought all airports sold Toblerone. Are you sure you were in the airport? Things you are likely to find in an airport:

Toblerone
    Perfume
    Make up
    Lots of alcomohols
    And overpriced sandwiches :mad:

Isle Of Man. It had Lego For Girls and keyring penknifes for sale, but no fcuking toblerone. Worst airport ever.

Was there a week ago and am still raging about. And toblerone-less. And have about £40 worth of IoM-specific banknotes that can only be used on the IoM. AAAAAAGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Jake1 wrote: »
    What if the missus offers you a bit of her kebab... what then??? :pac:;)

Don't worry. He'll go back. It's like when you swear you'll never drink again when in the grips of an almighty hangover.

You know you will Eisenberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

God dammit it's happening already! I can't see the damn posts on the next page because somewhere in this thread already I thanked a post twice on the touch site!

1234931504682.jpg

EDIT: Now I can see them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Isle Of Man. It had Lego For Girls and keyring penknifes for sale, but no fcuking toblerone. Worst airport ever.

Was there a week ago and am still raging about. And toblerone-less. And have about £40 worth of IoM-specific banknotes that can only be used on the IoM. AAAAAAGH!

You forgot the Kippers and Manx Knobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The excitement in this house about electric picnic. I mean why? As I type this two of my half wit housemates are trying to assemble a new tent they got for the picnic, out in the garden, because they're so excited.
    This tent is supposed to keep out 150 metres of water, wtf? Maybe it's a submarine they've bought and not a tent, and how sad do you have to be to buy a seperate tent to keep your crates of beer in?

We live literally 5 minutes from where the festival is held. 5 minutes. It's beyond me why they're even bothering to camp in the first place, never mind why they're putting their tent up 35 days early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

Overly sarcastic people. The sort who use sarcasm so much that you start to assume that you always have to do the opposite of what they say - just like Fr Jessop.

I once dealt with an internal client who was so sarcastic I just started taking them at their word. After a few resulting issues* the MD gave me a bollocking for not being able to handle sarcasm. I wouldn't have minded but I did actually try to point out that some of this managers sarcasm was quite hard to identify.

*Client said he ..."really loved Citrix and I should totally get it and he'd sign off" I actually asked for confirmation in the same meeting and he said "Oh yes I totally mean it, we should get Citrix". So I spent a day getting a Citrix quote for €80,000 and sending the purchase orders to the client and the MD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

grundie wrote: »
    Overly sarcastic people. The sort who use sarcasm so much that you start to assume that you always have to do the opposite of what they say - just like Fr Jessop.

I once dealt with an internal client who was so sarcastic I just started taking them at their word. After a few resulting issues* the MD gave me a bollocking for not being able to handle sarcasm. I wouldn't have minded but I did actually try to point out that some of this managers sarcasm was quite hard to identify.

*Client said he ..."really loved Citrix and I should totally get it and he'd sign off" I actually asked for confirmation in the same meeting and he said "Oh yes I totally mean it, we should get Citrix". So I spent a day getting a Citrix quote for €80,000 and sending the purchase orders to the client and the MD.

Must... resist...

(actually bithing my thongue so hard I think I thook the thip off... thatsh annoying :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Jake1 wrote: »
    Mitchum. Mitchum deodorant is what these ****ers needs. Its a nuclear strenght deodorant. I swear you could wear it in a sauna and not sweat.

USE it people.

(no, i dont work for them) :)

By all means, but first soap and water!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The excitement in this house about electric picnic...
    I would rather gnaw my own right arm off just above the elbow than go within five thousand yards of one of those rolling-around-in-the-mud-listening-to-a-bunch-of-pimply-teenagers-puking-and-off-their-heads-on-fuck-knows-what-and-that's-just-the-bloody-band events. :pac::pac::pac:
    LynnGrace wrote: »
    By all means, but first soap and water!

To be sure. There's no point in varnishing over a layer of sweat, bacteria and various condensed noxious gases that wouldn't be out of place in the atmosphere of Jupiter with sodding deodorant. Aside from being utterly foul, it's unhealthy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

grundie wrote: »
    You forgot the Kippers and Manx Knobs.

Manx Knobs, are they like Hobnobs? Or are Manx some type of undergarment for the fuller figured gentleman....like spanx:D

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Manx Knobs, are the like Hobnobs? Or are Manx some type of undergarment for the fuller figured gentleman....like spanx:D

A Manx Knob is like a Manx Norton, except the rider usually drives a BMW. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

MsBubbles wrote: »
    My psycho next door neighbour Grrr. The freaking nut job hammers on my door a couple of weeks ago starts cursing at me about 'my cat' pooping on in garden except it's not my bleeding cat. She has spoken to me since and if I'm sitting in the back garden she gives me filthy looks WTF ?

yesterday her fella's parents call into to see their baby and they are all in the back garden having a chat all of a sudden she loses the cool and starts shouting and swearing calling her Fella's mum all the names under the sun.

Freaking looper

Sounds a bit like our mental bitch neighbour complaining that the back of the houses smelling of pee and poop and blaming our cats. No, mental bitch neighbour, it isn't our cats. It's the 3 neighbours with dogs who have putrefying dog sh*t in the bins and garden, not to mention the dog shi* that's left on the foot paths. Cats don't poop or pee on concrete. Seriously, one of these days, lets just leave it at that, plausible deniability and all that;)

A couple of things today.

Firstly hard butter, it's just not acceptable. I couldn't butter my scone as the butter was straight from the fridge and the scone was too crumbly, more like a fruity rock bun than a scone. I ended up with crumbs down my bra. That was bad enough, before I got to the loo to find poo marks on a cubicle floor and in the main toilet area. Both in Brown Thomas where you wouldn't expect to find poo marks:(

Secondly, bus drivers who are total arseholes. The guy was yakking on to a passenger and drove past a stop ignoring a guy who'd just got to the stop. The guy put his hand out to signal him and he just drove past. At the lights the guy caught up and gave him a 'dafuq' look. He didn't open the door, just bitched to the passenger he was yakking with that the guy should've had his hand out:confused: It's a bus stop, he wasn't hailing a cab ffs. The guy got straight on his mobile, hopefully he reported the guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

Sounds a bit like our mental bitch neighbour complaining that the back of the houses smelling of pee and poop and blaming our cats. No, mental bitch neighbour, it isn't our cats. It's the 3 neighbours with dogs who have putrefying dog sh*t in the bins and garden, not to mention the dog shi* that's left on the foot paths. Cats don't poop or pee on concrete. Seriously, one of these days, lets just leave it at that, plausible deniability and all that;)

I felt really bad for her at first because she had spent weeks digging, adding compost and preparing the soil for planting the vegetables but don't knock on my door and shout abuse at me for no reason.

I felt really bad for her at first because she had spent weeks digging, adding compost and preparing the soil for planting the vegetables but don't knock on my door and shout abuse at me for no reason.

My neighbour has concrete back and front gardens. They didn't even bother putting a potted plant out until visitors to their house started commenting on how nice our plants are. So really, I think the blood pressure medication isn't working and the booze certainly isn't helping.

Oh Pumpkinseeds you have a classy burd as a neighbour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Stop. Talking. About. The. Fúcking. Weather. One-dimensional. Idiots.

I'll tell you what chuffin'-well annoys me - my new motor-tax disc arrived in the post this morning. Huzzah! Pity the wretched thing costs just under four times what my comprehensive insurance policy does! I would just like to deploy a big, fat "Fuck you, from a height. Right in the eye-socket!!" in the direction of the Gummint and all of it's leather-winged gargoyles. :mad:

A couple of things today.

Firstly hard butter, it's just not acceptable. I couldn't butter my scone as the butter was straight from the fridge and the scone was too crumbly, more like a fruity rock bun than a scone...

That drives me properly potty as well. I cut an inch-thick or so slice at the time off the pound of butter, and keep it on a saucer covered by a cereal bowl on the breakfast-bar. I don't know what to do about excrement in the bog at Brown Thomas (is the clue in the name, perchance??), or knobjockey bus-drivers. .50-cal?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Going to a shop on a hot day and every bar of chocolate you pick up is half melted because they've no air conditioning. Then tonight they'll probably go hard again and process goes round in circles. It's got to be so bad for the food.

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    There's no point in varnishing over a layer of sweat, bacteria and various condensed noxious gases that wouldn't be out of place in the atmosphere of Jupiter with sodding deodorant. Aside from being utterly foul, it's unhealthy. :pac:

Or like a guy I used to work with who used to douse himself in aftershave to cover up B.O. Yeuch.

LynnGrace I'm gagging at the thought of the stench. How did you put up with that ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My new neighbour who hasn't moved in yet is annoying the sh*t outta me.

1. We have parking spaces on our street, he is one of the gobsh*tes that parks over 2 of them persistently. As I look out now (more on that to follow) he is parked over 2 spaces.

2. We also have bin areas, which is a locked bin shed. I seen him walking away from my one earlier. Where his house is, he is not supposed to be using it. He also walked away from the side of it where people tend to dump their rubbish if they dont have a key for the shed. But I didnt see if he left anything there. A few minutes later, I did catch him putting rubbish there. So I told him the whats what in the area and the bin shed usage, and that he is not even supposed to be using it. He looked at me with no clue what to do. Then he said sorry and walked away.....without removing his f*cking rubbish.

3. He has just arrived with his family to show them the new house. He has about 30 kids that have all piled out of his car. That is going to be fun.

4. 30 is a bit of an exaggeration, but definitely more kids than seatbelts.

I cant stand this guy already.

His wife/lady partner also p*sses me off because she is constantly walking around the street on her phone shouting.

They are not going to like me when I put all the rubbish beside the bin area in their garden tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

When an eyelash gets under your eyelid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Or like a guy I used to work with who used to douse himself in aftershave to cover up B.O. Yeuch.
    LynnGrace I'm gagging at the thought of the stench. How did you put up with that ?

Now, imagine licking that armpit:eek:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Now, imagine licking that armpit:eek:

Interestingly ( ugh), he and his wife used to be wrapped around one another at all social gatherings. I think she feared some of his female colleagues would run away with him. Run away from him more like... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Parents and progeny taking over the park on a nice evening like this. Dog walkers have earned the right to have it to themselves after freezing their t1ts off all year in it while your kids played indoors! :P

Plus they are all the same. Boring, depressing carbon copies of each other, all cut from the "tick the box suburbia" cloth. The women are all trying to be yummy mummies. The men are all tall, hipster-ish and metrosexual and all the kids are at that age between 2 and 3.5 and whizzing around on identical scooters. How do they even know which ones are theirs when they go to leave? ? :P

I've mostly blanked the memory now, let's just say we used to all dread the summer weather, in particular.
    He did scrub up, in more recent years. I don't know if anyone gave him a hint, or not. He was actually a good guy to work with, apart from the aftershave/ B.O.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My new neighbour who hasn't moved in yet is annoying the sh*t outta me.

We also have bin areas, which is a locked bin shed. I seen him walking away from my one earlier. Where his house is, he is not supposed to be using it. He also walked away from the side of it where people tend to dump their rubbish if they dont have a key for the shed. But I didnt see if he left anything there. A few minutes later, I did catch him putting rubbish there. So I told him the whats what in the area and the bin shed usage, and that he is not even supposed to be using it. He looked at me with no clue what to do. Then he said sorry and walked away.....without removing his f*cking rubbish.

I cant stand this guy already.

His wife/lady partner also p*sses me off because she is constantly walking around the street on her phone shouting.

They are not going to like me when I put all the rubbish beside the bin area in their garden tonight.

Only way to deal with dirtbags like that.
    Ugh, I hate them too, and I don't even live near them.
    (I am picturing you now though with your night vision goggles at the ready for their next move.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Maybe it's something in the particular drink that you're having? My husband loves real ales and used to drink Hobgoblin, now he can't drink it without getting a stomach ache so he's switched to other ales or wine. He thinks it's something to do with the amount of gas in it that's causing the stomach ache. He doesn't really drink much, 3 or 4 bottles of beer on a Friday night, or a bottle of wine.

Yeah, beers and ciders seem to affect me the worst of all, so it's probably true about the gas in them making it worse. Vodka does it too unfortunately, and wine! It's probably my body trying to tell me something :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement