Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Getting rid of facebook (for the tenth time) and then discovering there really is nothing else to do on the net :'-(

Every time I see the thread title, all I can hear in my head is this song from ten years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

jimgoose wrote: »
    Move it to behind her car. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Definitely. Share the pain ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

jimgoose wrote: »
    Move it to behind her car. Lather, rinse, repeat.

:) ah if only it were that easy! I'd still be blocking myself in. :(
    We live in a square and our houses are in the corner. My car is facing _ their car is facing l .So if we are parked it looks like
    _l
    if I were to put it behind their car, I'd be putting it behind my car too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Ignorance... ignorance just fucking does my head in!

I live in share accommodation so needless to say there is a lot of things that gets on my tits and no doubt others in the house.

1 such thing that has just happened, clearly the last person in the toilet has used all the toilet paper yet has been too much of a cunt to replace it and i've only noticed when it's too late. Cue awkward pants around the ankles hobble to the door to make a sketchy manoeuvre to the hot press to retrieve a fresh roll and get back inside without being seen! :rolleyes::mad:

REPLACE THE BOG ROLL DICKHEADS!!!

This calls for a violent vengeance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

On a street or in a park walking towards a young ish couple (twenties ) , as I approach the guy nearly always grabs the girls hand and there's usually a giggle or a smirk as I pass by , relax ffs , I'm not gonna run off with your woman , it seems to be a male instinctive thing , also it usually happens where it's really a case of " please , as if !"

It started about a year or so ago, but nowadays I can only have a maximum of two drinks before I start to get a tummy ache. I guess it's a good thing as it stops me from getting drunk and having a hangover. But, still - there are times when I would like to have three drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When you're in the middle of a really hot dream and the alarm goes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

whirlpool wrote: »
    It started about a year or so ago, but nowadays I can only have a maximum of two drinks before I start to get a tummy ache. I guess it's a good thing as it stops me from getting drunk and having a hangover. But, still - there are times when I would like to have three drinks!

Maybe it's something in the particular drink that you're having? My husband loves real ales and used to drink Hobgoblin, now he can't drink it without getting a stomach ache so he's switched to other ales or wine. He thinks it's something to do with the amount of gas in it that's causing the stomach ache. He doesn't really drink much, 3 or 4 bottles of beer on a Friday night, or a bottle of wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Every time I see the thread title, all I can hear in my head is this song from ten years ago

I have a similar problem. Ever since I read that about that girl eating all of those hotdogs in Magaluf and the general debauchery going on I have the song 'agadoo' flitting into my head intermittently.

Agadoo-doo-doo......(that's all I know!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

gramar wrote: »

I have a similar problem. Ever since I read that about that girl eating all of those hotdogs in Magaluf and the general debauchery going on I have the song 'agadoo' flitting into my head intermittently.

Agadoo-doo-doo......(that's all I know!)

There's something about shaking pineapples from a tree :D

I just say something like ...agadoo doo doo down in magaluf
    ...to the left to the right....be alright on the night....

Alsolutely stupid I know.

That's going to go around in my head now for the day!
    (Are we showing our age now :D)

Dear Eisenberg,

Please see the below link which I feel may be of interest to you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057255859

No need to thank me,

Best regards,

Gramar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I cant think of anything trivially annoying :(

^^ same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Dear Eisenberg,

Please see the below link which I feel may be of interest to you...

I am so all over that shiz-nit! :cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91420635&postcount=28

LynnGrace wrote: »
    ^^ same here.

Diudn't even get a bus this morning. This fountain has dried up :(

I think that name change yesterday has knocked us all out of kilter. It's like when they put the clocks forwards or backwards. Shouldn't make a difference but it takes a bit to adjust.

It'll come. Have faith bothers and sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

People driving expensive sports cars at snailpace and making me late for work.

• Advertisement

tick tock tick tock tick tock.....

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My housemates and their dogs. You'd think they'd feed the dogs, or maybe even leave a drink out for them in the hot weather, but nope. 2 adult huskys, 5 husky pups and a bischon freise. The huskys are so hungry they're killing the landlords mothers chickens, and then spend the rest of the day dragging a half eaten chicken all around the garden with a swarm of blue bottles flying after them. I don't know how but those bluebottles were also getting inside and I spent the entire day spraying copious amounts of fly spray at it, and I'm sure it was affecting me more than them.

Then last night the little starving bischon comes inside, climbs up on the worktop and takes a leg of chicken out of a pot that people have to use to cook and starts eating it on the couch.

Nasty.

Put me right off chicken for the foreseeable future

My housemates and their dogs. You'd think they'd feed the dogs, or maybe even leave a drink out for them in the hot weather, but nope. 2 adult huskys, 5 husky pups and a bischon freise. The huskys are so hungry they're killing the landlords mothers chickens, and then spend the rest of the day dragging a half eaten chicken all around the garden with a swarm of blue bottles flying after them. I don't know how but those bluebottles were also getting inside and I spent the entire day spraying copious amounts of fly spray at it, and I'm sure it was affecting me more than them.

Then last night the little starving bischon comes inside, climbs up on the worktop and takes a leg of chicken out of a pot that people have to use to cook and starts eating it on the couch.

Nasty.

Lexie, I've said this before and I'm saying it again. You need to gtfo of there.

Lexie, I've said this before and I'm saying it again. You need to gtfo of there.

I'm going to be moving in with the OH when I move out of here. Not sure if its leaping from the frying pan into the fire lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Nasty.

Get the fook out of there and call the ISPCA on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm going to be moving in with the OH when I move out of here. Not sure if its leaping from the frying pan into the fire lol

Unless he turns out to be Jeffrey Dahmer reincarnate, I don't think it will be! :eek:

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Get the fook out of there and call the ISPCA on the way.

I've called them actually. Waiting for an inspector from the ISPCA to call out here any day. That's not even the worst of how the animals are treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Fake shock and faux surprise at every single world event.

Unless he turns out to be Jeffrey Dahmer reincarnate, I don't think it will be! :eek:

He's quite partial to the ole sing song in the mornings though. Trying to sleep through a tone deaf rendition of 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' or something by christy Moore is harder than you'd think. Me being as highly strung as I am, would be liable to leap out of bed and beat him to death some morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Somewhat OT, but that username of yours - are you related to Ruby-on-Rails at all?? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement