Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

He's quite partial to the ole sing song in the mornings though. Trying to sleep through a tone deaf rendition of 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' or something by christy Moore is harder than you'd think. Me being as highly strung as I am, would be liable to leap out of bed and beat him to death some morning

Does he have a rabbit and a pot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

No I'm just ONRALE

like a train ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Cod liver oil tablets, too long to go down vertically, too wide to swallow horizontally.

On the tablet issue, when you fill your mouth with water to swallow one and then get a flash of “I’m going to choke” panic and can’t swallow (stop it), and then you start worrying that the tablet will dissolve ifyou don’t swallow it soon.

The noise on a bus when a card validates. The noise on a bus when the cards of 20 people validate.

When you cut a bagel in “half” to toast it but it’s not even so one side is really thin and the other is too thick to toast without burning.

When you’ve a hangover and you take a painkiller for theheadache that makes you get sick because you haven’t eaten. Trying to figure out if it had time to be absorbed into your system or if you should take another...

Irish announcements on buses

The background music from VHI ads. Also, “my name is ONW and I’m glad I’m with VHI” Oh fúck off.

Stinging contact lenses

When a hair gets caught on your toothbrush

Trying to start a new bog roll and tearing it so it’s destined to give shredded paper for the rest of it’s sh1tty existence

Trying to find the end of the bog roll in a public toilet and turning it over and over and over and never actually finding the end!

Staples getting caught in the stapler

People who put their coins down on the counter instead of into the cashier’s hand – ultimate rudeness

The way the staff in L*dl are super friendly to their friends and people from their own country but super dismissive of Irish customers and practically throw their shopping at them.

This, I think is the ultimate annoyance, it actually makes me want to kill the person: when someone tries to communicate with you when they are on the phone to someone else.So, they come over and start mouthing silently at you and making weird faces and pointing. Fúck off just fúck right off! I have no idea what is wrong withyou! It’s not up to me to interpret your weirdo gestures and raised eyebrows because your manners are up your hole picking daisies – right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

gramar wrote: »
    Does he have a rabbit and a pot?

He better not!! There's only room for one bunny boiler in our relationship!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    ......when someone tries to communicate with you when they are on the phone to someone else.So, they come over and start mouthing silently at you and making weird facesand pointing. Fúck off just fúck right off! I have no idea what is wrong withyou! It’s not up to me to interpret your weirdo gestures and raised eyebrowsbecause your manners are up your hole picking daisies – right?!

KILL!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

/snip

People using black text against a friggin dark grey background! :mad:

LINK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

This, I think is the ultimate annoyance, it actually makes me want to kill the person: when someone tries to communicate with you when they are on the phone to someone else.So, they come over and start mouthing silently at you and making weird faces and pointing. Fúck off just fúck right off! I have no idea what is wrong withyou! It’s not up to me to interpret your weirdo gestures and raised eyebrows because your manners are up your hole picking daisies – right?!

Or when you're on the phone and someone starts talking at you, telling you what to say or asking you some dumb question. I can't hear what the person on the phone is saying or what the person beside me is saying. And then the person on the phone thinks I'm some rude cnut. When I'm clearly on the phone, shut the fcuk up and do not talk to me. :mad: Ugh, grinds my gears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Ah here, its 4 again!

Let's get a mob together and overthrow the tyrant that is Dannie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

People who don't observe the basics of personal hygiene. I know the weather is warm at the moment, but it's no excuse for going around stinking the place out. Twice this week, in shops, I've been gasping for breath after encountering smelly people-customers, not staff. I'm not talking about a whiff of sweat, I'm talking about stinking to high heaven.
    What will they be like when water charges are introduced??

Ah here, its 4 again!

I concur, I think I'll have to unfollow this thread. The fact that it is changed to 4 AGAIN is making me soooo mad. :mad:

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    People who don't observe the basics of personal hygiene. I know the weather is warm at the moment, but it's no excuse for going around stinking the place out. Twice this week, in shops, I've been gasping for breath after encountering smelly people-customers, not staff. I'm not talking about a whiff of sweat, I'm talking about stinking to high heaven.

My bf threw my running gear out the window last night.....:pac:

I went for a run and I came back drenched. I had a shower but was too lazy to wash my clothes so he threw them out the window. :( He said he couldn't sleep with the stink of them. :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

People who keep a hat on the rear parcel shelf of their car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

padd b1975 wrote: »
    People who keep a hat on the rear parcel shelf of their car.

Also, people with a bunch of stickers on the rear window of their car. We're all so impressed you are a yummy mummy driving your baby on board in "dad's taxi" whilst listening to Today FM and wearing your Wexford GAA jersey.

And people who put L plates on the bonnet or boot of a car instead of employing the proper placement used by people with a functional brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

My bf threw my running gear out the window last night.....:pac:

I went for a run and I came back drenched. I had a shower but was too lazy to wash my clothes so he threw them out the window. :( He said he couldn't sleep with the stink of them. :P :pac:

*Fingers in ears*

Girls don't smell or poop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Also, people with a bunch of stickers on the rear window of their car. We're all so impressed you are a yummy mummy driving your baby on board in "dad's taxi" whilst listening to Today FM and wearing your Wexford GAA jersey.

And people who put L plates on the bonnet or boot of a car instead of employing the proper placement used by people with a functional brain.

'baby on board' stickers. Lucky you had the sticker as otherwise I would have tried to ram you off the road down a steep incline. What do they hope to acheive by having them?

'dog on board' stickers. I shít you not.

'baby on board' stickers on cars that drive like rally drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

1) It's part 4 again.
    2) 'part' bothers me, it should be Part, it was Part before.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

'baby on board' stickers. Lucky you had the sticker as otherwise I would have tried to ram you off the road down a steep incline. What do they hope to acheive by having them?

'dog on board' stickers. I shít you not.

'baby on board' stickers on cars that drive like rally drivers.

Those stupid stick family ones that show how many kids and pets they have on the back. NOBODY CARES!!!

Although I did see a car the other week with a stick T-Rex with a speech bubble saying "Your stick family was delicious. Burp!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Have my phone turned sideways (landscape) reading something and decide to click on a link but turn it right way up or portrait before doing so, then I wait for the screen to flip, and wait, get fed up and go to press the link and just as my finger touches the screen it changes to portrait and I press a completely different link.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I'm now imagining your boss throwing your bonus at you in dollar bills :D

:pac::pac::pac:
    What's a bonus??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

:pac::pac::pac:
    What's a bonus??

Can also be known as a happy ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It's hot at nighttime and I want to sleep with the window open, but if I do, it's too noisy to sleep :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Airports that don't have a shop that sells toblerone. What the fcuk else am I going to spend my small change on? Fragrances? Fcuk that, I want chocolate that breaks my teeth

LynnGrace wrote: »

Mitchum. Mitchum deodorant is what these ****ers needs. Its a nuclear strenght deodorant. I swear you could wear it in a sauna and not sweat.

USE it people.

(no, i dont work for them) :)

Airports that don't have a shop that sells toblerone. What the fcuk else am I going to spend my small change on? Fragrances? Fcuk that, I want chocolate that breaks my teeth

I thought all airports sold Toblerone. Are you sure you were in the airport? Things you are likely to find in an airport:

Toblerone
    Perfume
    Make up
    Lots of alcomohols
    And overpriced sandwiches :mad:

you may have missed this :D

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project/turbo-toblerone/?ref=random

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭MsBubbles

My psycho next door neighbour Grrr. The freaking nut job hammers on my door a couple of weeks ago starts cursing at me about 'my cat' pooping on in garden except it's not my bleeding cat. She has spoken to me since and if I'm sitting in the back garden she gives me filthy looks WTF ?

yesterday her fella's parents call into to see their baby and they are all in the back garden having a chat all of a sudden she loses the cool and starts shouting and swearing calling her Fella's mum all the names under the sun.

Freaking looper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I saw a photo today of a huge rat in a vending machine eating a packet of biscuits:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, I will never purchase anything from a vending machine, EVER.

Rats in vending machines, whatever next?:D
    Dear Eisenberg,

Please see the below link which I feel may be of interest to you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057255859

No need to thank me,

Best regards,

Gramar

I sir, have eaten my last kebab, ever.

Normally (sober) I wouldn't go near one with a barge pole, but after a few pints they seem to make sense.......but either way, never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Ah here, its 4 again!

He's gone mad with power.

LizT wrote: »
    He's gone mad with power.

Liz, sort him out ffs. :mad: :pac:

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Rats in vending machines, whatever next?:D

I sir, have eaten my last kebab, ever.

Normally (sober) I wouldn't go near one with a barge pole, but after a few pints they seem to make sense.......but either way, never again.

What if the missus offers you a bit of her kebab... what then??? :pac:;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement