Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People using the term "strawman" when they clearly have no idea of its correct context.

Same goes for the use of "disingenuous" - oh feck off. It's wah wah wah land - everybody's disingenuous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

whirlpool wrote: »
    It was way more fun when the title said 4.

:mad:

Some people are never happy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Nitpickers. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    Here, I thought Boom_Bap was Pop-mod around hereabouts? Is he more of an eccentric uncle??
    Czarcasm wrote: »
    If you can't spot the eccentric uncle in the room... :p

I'm the crazy drunk uncle who's not really an uncle, who's been friends with the father for years and by proxy friends with the mother, invited to all family events and social gatherings, always solo apart from that one time I arrived with a lady of the evening and was getting value for my money at the bar with the lady. The 'uncle' that leers over the mother and is always around the house when the father isn't there. The uncle that always will give you a drop of what I'm drinking and will always not notice you doing bold things like stealing cigarettes and magnifying ants.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm the crazy drunk uncle who's not really an uncle, who's been friends with the father for years and by proxy friends with the mother, invited to all family events and social gatherings, always solo apart from that one time I arrived with a lady of the evening and was getting value for my money at the bar with the lady. The 'uncle' that leers over the mother and is always around the house when the father isn't there. The uncle that always will give you a drop of what I'm drinking and will always not notice you doing bold things like stealing cigarettes and magnifying ants.

Yes, by your actions I know thee. You are Homer to Maud Flanders' magnificent cleavage. Mmmmmmm...aaaaagggghhhh..... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yes, by your actions I know thee. You are Homer to Maud Flanders' magnificent cleavage. Mmmmmmm...aaaaagggghhhh..... :pac:

To use a quote from Homer that is kind of out of context

"Stupid Sexy Flanders" :cool:

Love the new thread title, I feel all happy, oh no wait...can't have that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Jesus, there was enough sycophantic circle jerking among the "regulars" in the previous thread, this one has started terribly.

Back to your trivially annoying shit that people can relate to please.

[/End trivially annoyed]

dub_skav wrote: »
    Jesus, there was enough sycophantic circle jerking among the "regulars" in the previous thread, this one has started terribly.

Back to your trivially annoying shit that people can relate to please.

[/End trivially annoyed]

Be chillin', honky - we're basking in the afterglow. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Let's say it again... US DATE FORMAT :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Well thank jebus this thread slowed down or we would have been on TTTAY 4(D) by tomorrow afternoon.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Well thank jebus this thread slowed down or we would have been on TTTAY 4(D) by tomorrow afternoon.

The fact that the thread slowed down... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I saw a photo today of a huge rat in a vending machine eating a packet of biscuits:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, I will never purchase anything from a vending machine, EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I saw a photo today of a huge rat in a vending machine eating a packet of biscuits:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, I will never purchase anything from a vending machine, EVER.

It's really saying something about hospital food when the rats would rather go to the vending machine than eat out of the kitchen! :D

Czarcasm wrote: »
    It's really saying something about hospital food when the rats would rather go to the vending machine than eat out of the kitchen! :D

The vegetarian option in hospital is actually ok, better than the meat/fish options, then again it's hard to get veggie food wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

1. Not using indicators - seriously, do folk just think they're decorative items so they can add an extra €1 to the purchase price?

2. Folk - mostly women - stopping just inside / outside the door for a proper gossipy chat, taking up 95% of the door frame! and shooting everyone trying to navigate through the blockade a nasty look

3. My neighbours sound bar - which my OH helped him fix to the wall

4. The other neighbours constant smoking of the green herb, day in, day out - I've been at work all day while you've been sitting on your arse; all I want is to be able to sit outside for an hour without getting a headache off your fumes

5. OHs friends who can't be arsed learning English yet turn up wanting to fill in forms or re-do their CV... Seriously if you've lived in Ireland for five years and speak five words of English, any employer with cop n s going to recognise you're lacking in the motivation department

6. My boss telling me there's no money for a €2,000 pay rise and the next day asking me to book him €5,000 trip to the F1

7. The boss saying to me at 7 on a Friday night "Hope you're not running off early, I've got something I'd like you to do"... EARLY?!?!? My hours are 8.30-5pm, I'm in most mornings at 8, have taken three lunch breaks in two years, and I rarely walk out the door before 6pm!

8. My MIL giving out to my OH if any of his family's birthday cards are late to arrive... Not because they're interested in the thoughtful messages I write but because she's looking for the €40 I always enclose

9. My MIL forgetting my birthday, even though it's the same day as hers

10. Being grumpy... It's not like me but I am today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

That new west coast cooler ad, if I hear that one say "we're not in kansas anymore toto" I'm going to throw the TV out the window

jamesbere wrote: »
    That new west coast cooler ad, if I hear that one say "we're not in kansas anymore toto" I'm going to throw the TV out the window

If that group of women is typical of single Irish women, then I really don't blame Irish guys for preferring foreign women :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

When support ask me to look at a problem for a customer urgently because they have ignored it for a month and now the customer is going to escalate it.

Then I give them the answer and then three days later they tell the customer....

When support ask me to look at a problem for a customer urgently because they have ignored it for a month and now the customer is going to escalate it.

Then I give them the answer and then three days later they tell the customer....

Hee-hee-hee!! :):):)

• Advertisement

on_my_oe wrote: »
    1. Not using indicators - seriously, do folk just think they're decorative items so they can add an extra €1 to the purchase price?

2. Folk - mostly women - stopping just inside / outside the door for a proper gossipy chat, taking up 95% of the door frame! and shooting everyone trying to navigate through the blockade a nasty look

3. My neighbours sound bar - which my OH helped him fix to the wall

4. The other neighbours constant smoking of the green herb, day in, day out - I've been at work all day while you've been sitting on your arse; all I want is to be able to sit outside for an hour without getting a headache off your fumes

5. OHs friends who can't be arsed learning English yet turn up wanting to fill in forms or re-do their CV... Seriously if you've lived in Ireland for five years and speak five words of English, any employer with cop n s going to recognise you're lacking in the motivation department

6. My boss telling me there's no money for a €2,000 pay rise and the next day asking me to book him €5,000 trip to the F1

7. The boss saying to me at 7 on a Friday night "Hope you're not running off early, I've got something I'd like you to do"... EARLY?!?!? My hours are 8.30-5pm, I'm in most mornings at 8, have taken three lunch breaks in two years, and I rarely walk out the door before 6pm!

8. My MIL giving out to my OH if any of his family's birthday cards are late to arrive... Not because they're interested in the thoughtful messages I write but because she's looking for the €40 I always enclose

9. My MIL forgetting my birthday, even though it's the same day as hers

10. Being grumpy... It's not like me but I am today

Mmm. You really need a .50-cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When I come home on bin day and next doors bin has been left in my drive by the bin men. Seeing next doors car in her drive, she's home before me and she has to walk past mine to her door. I'm the one has to get out to move her bin so I can park MY car in MY drive.
    I know its trivial, but that's that its all about.

Or a hug

deise08 wrote: »
    Or a hug

Hug me hole. That won't learn the fukkers owt! ;)

When I come home on bin day and next doors bin has been left in my drive by the bin men. Seeing next doors car in her drive, she's home before me and she has to walk past mine to her door. I'm the one has to get out to move her bin so I can park MY car in MY drive.
    I know its trivial, but that's that its all about.

Move it to behind her car. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ignorance... ignorance just fucking does my head in!

I live in share accommodation so needless to say there is a lot of things that gets on my tits and no doubt others in the house.

1 such thing that has just happened, clearly the last person in the toilet has used all the toilet paper yet has been too much of a cunt to replace it and i've only noticed when it's too late. Cue awkward pants around the ankles hobble to the door to make a sketchy manoeuvre to the hot press to retrieve a fresh roll and get back inside without being seen! :rolleyes::mad:

REPLACE THE BOG ROLL DICKHEADS!!!

Ignorance... ignorance just fucking does my head in!

I live in share accommodation so needless to say there is a lot of things that gets on my tits and no doubt others in the house.

1 such thing that has just happened, clearly the last person in the toilet has used all the toilet paper yet has been too much of a cunt to replace it and i've only noticed when it's too late. Cue awkward pants around the ankles hobble to the door to make a sketchy manoeuvre to the hot press to retrieve a fresh roll and get back inside without being seen! :rolleyes::mad:

Who do you blame when it happens and you live on your own? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

People who stand in front of the side door on the bus. I usually sit down near the back and exit the side door. But there is always some hateful pr!ck who decides to stand blocking it for everyone else, even when there are seats available. They usally have a large backpack on which gets in the way when trying to squeeze past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Or a hug

I need to 'leave early' to get my eye test done, or my aim will be sh*t... But I might have more fun with lots of near misses than direct hits
    :rolleyes:

My OH does that to himself frequently, then bellows from the throne for me to deliver supplies... I didn't expect to pander to his personal ablutions this early in our marriage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Now the thread title is annoying me. Nearly as annoying as part 4.

How can we be happy in a thread about annoying things ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement