Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭CSF

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-confirms-7514365

Harry says he's interested in bringing Van der Vaart back to the PL. Was a great FPL option in his Spurs days.
    What will he cost though? 6-6.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-confirms-7514365

Harry says he's interested in bringing Van der Vaart back to the PL. Was a great FPL option in his Spurs days.

As arry would say triffic option .He's a top top pro great attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Aston Villa's fixtures after first 3 weeks:

GW4 Liverpool A
    GW5 Arsenal H
    GW6 Chelsea A
    GW7 Man City H
    GW8 Everton A
    GW9 QPR A
    GW10 Spurs H

That's 7 in a row that you would arguably be benching every player. I know people are selecting the likes of Bent or Vlaar but in reality you're not going to be rotating them during these weeks. I know people are getting them in because they're cheap but just thinking about price changes, during this run I reckon they could struggle to get a single clean sheet, and with Vlaar's high ownership, it could be in these weeks that he starts getting sold. I'd prefer to gamble on a Santon/de Laet/Chester/O'Shea/Wisdom or even someone like Yoshida if he plays.

Just a caveat to Vlaar owners, I could be proved completely wrong. Just looking at the high-ownership players I reckon he's one of the first at risk of a price drop.

8-10 wrote: »
    Aston Villa's fixtures after first 3 weeks:

GW4 Liverpool A
    GW5 Arsenal H
    GW6 Chelsea A
    GW7 Man City H
    GW8 Everton A
    GW9 QPR A
    GW10 Spurs H

That's 7 in a row that you would arguably be benching every player. I know people are selecting the likes of Bent or Vlaar but in reality you're not going to be rotating them during these weeks. I know people are getting them in because they're cheap but just thinking about price changes, during this run I reckon they could struggle to get a single clean sheet, and with Vlaar's high ownership, it could be in these weeks that he starts getting sold. I'd prefer to gamble on a Santon/de Laet/Chester/O'Shea/Wisdom or even someone like Yoshida if he plays.

Just a caveat to Vlaar owners, I could be proved completely wrong. Just looking at the high-ownership players I reckon he's one of the first at risk of a price drop.

newcastle, sunderland, stoke, swansea, southampton, burnley, wba, qpr all better options for 4.5 defenders if looking at the first 8 fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

I was just looking over Fabregas previous stats and thinking about a switch from Hazard to Fabregas to save £1m. In 2009/10 (a long time ago - granted) he got 15 goals and 15 assists in 2188 minutes.

Does anyone know if he was on penalties that year? He never came close to that many goals in any other season but his assists were always very consistent. His assists high was 20.

• Advertisement

Posada wrote: »
    I was just looking over Fabregas previous stats and thinking about a switch from Hazard to Fabregas to save £1m. In 2009/10 (a long time ago - granted) he got 15 goals and 15 assists in 2188 minutes.

Does anyone know if he was on penalties that year? He never came close to that many goals in any other season but his assists were always very consistent. His assists high was 20.
    3 of his goals were pens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Cesc Fibreglass

He'll spend 30% of the season injured

Hazard definitely worth forking out the extra mil for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

What about Schurrle lads? 7.5m ... worth a risk?...

Matic-Fabregas
    Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard
    Costa

??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I think Hazard will go very close to being the top points scorer overall this season. Fabreagas their are questions how deep will he play, will he be rotated and he is injury prone.

Hazard Free's, penalties, scores and finally has a striker who can score to assist.

Nearing my final team selection, and could do with some advice. Basically it comes down to having 15mil for a striker and a midfielder.

So its a) giroud + arnie/nolan/siggy

Or

B) silva/fabregas + ings/Austin/jelavic.

Rest of my front 7 is Mata sanchez Eriksen Rooney dzeko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Nearing my final team selection, and could do with some advice. Basically it comes down to having 15mil for a striker and a midfielder.

So its a) giroud + arnie/nolan/siggy

Or

B) silva/fabregas + ings/Austin/jelavic.

Rest of my front 7 is Mata sanchez Eriksen Rooney dzeko.

a) Siggy + giroud for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I think Hazard will go very close to being the top points scorer overall this season. Fabreagas their are questions how deep will he play, will he be rotated and he is injury prone.

Hazard Free's, penalties, scores and finally has a striker who can score to assist.

Have to agree here, once confirmed on penalties he will be a must have, well worth the extra million. I dumped Costa to get him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    What about Schurrle lads? 7.5m ... worth a risk?...

Matic-Fabregas
    Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard
    Costa

??

Can't gurantee him starting with Willian & Salah there.

He'd be unbelievable value if you could guarantee he'd start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Seems a good few have Sanchez in their teams and he may hit the ground running but i think Ozil is better value at 1.5m cheaper. He has had a season settling in and with Sanchez signed he can move to his best position behind the striker. He is also an assist machine i think he will score very high. I can't see Sanchez scoring so many more points to justify the extra 1.5m. He may miss the first 2 or 3 games so i won't put him in straight away.

Erikkson i thought was going to be my gem for 8.0 after the way he finished last season. Look's like from pre season Lamela has done well in his position which is annoying. Lamela if producing his Roma form is a bargain but he is a big risk. What do people think surely Erikkson will be first choice this season?

Chambers decent signing for the gooners

• Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Seems a good few have Sanchez in their teams and he may hit the ground running but i think Ozil is better value at 1.5m cheaper. He has had a season settling in and with Sanchez signed he can move to his best position behind the striker. He is also an assist machine i think he will score very high. I can't see Sanchez scoring so many more points to justify the extra 1.5m. He may miss the first 2 or 3 games so i won't put him in straight away.

I think Wenger indicated that he would rest some (or all?! Can't remember) of the German contingent at the start of the season. So Ozil may not be a good idea for the first few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Who's most likely to be on pens for Newcastle?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Who's most likely to be on pens for Newcastle?

Cabella or de Jong I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Paully D wrote: »
    Cabella or de Jong I would guess.

Thanks, I'm looking for a way to get Hazard in and downgrading Eriksen to de Jong is an option to free up funds.

Any opinions lads?

Capture_zps47c256b0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Any opinions lads?

Capture_zps47c256b0.jpg

Can't fault it, really, except Rafael has gone home from the tour with a groin strain. Wisdom may also feature little if Brom sign the Costa Rican they're thinking of.

Can't fault it, really, except Rafael has gone home from the tour with a groin strain. Wisdom may also feature little if Brom sign the Costa Rican they're thinking of.

Cheers

Will probaly downgrade Erikson to free up funds to get a Manchester United replacement for Rafael

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Evans has impressed LVG, according to reports in the Guardian, and he's 5.5 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Evans has impressed LVG, according to reports in the Guardian, and he's 5.5 as well.

Just watching LVG on Sky Sports News and I can see why I have faith in him. For a start, he calls United "my club". He expects to be running the show and that is why I'm expecting big things from United this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/thomas-vermaelen-transfer-latest-manchester-united-remain-confident-of-deal-for-arsenal-defender--whilst-wikipedia-page-has-already-changed-9631492.html

This could yet be the best value way into United defence. Although at present id still stick with Shaw probably.

The best way into the utd defence is DDG. FACT!

The best way into the utd defence is DDG. FACT!

Given keepers seem less likely to pick up bonuses along with their clean sheets while players like Shaw seem more likely, as well as Shaw being set to play as wing back and likely to pick up a fair amount of attacking points its not quite that clear cut.

DDG + Terry = 12m
    Courtois + Shaw = 12m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

FHFC wrote: »
    Given keepers seem less likely to pick up bonuses along with their clean sheets while players like Shaw seem more likely, as well as Shaw being set to play as wing back and likely to pick up a fair amount of attacking points its not quite that clear cut.

DDG + Terry = 12m
    Courtois + Shaw = 12m

Are you sure cech wont be competing for a starting place

sword1 wrote: »
    Are you sure cech wont be competing for a starting place

No. But hopefully whichever it is will be clear by GW1 and they're both 6m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

LVG has came out and said that Shaw isn't as fit as he needs to be and has him on a separate training regime.

Advertisement