Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Definitely agree that whoever becomes a regular for United will become a bargain. Given that there's no Man City, Chelsea options at 5.5 and only one Arsenal, you can have your pick of United CB's or Rafael for 5.5

Just need to figure out if it's going to be Rafael, Evans or Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Definitely agree that whoever becomes a regular for United will become a bargain. Given that there's no Man City, Chelsea options at 5.5 and only one Arsenal, you can have your pick of United CB's or Rafael for 5.5

Jagielka for 5.5 is good value too, just have to wait a few weeks until fixtures pick up. Last year it was Mert for 5.5 at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

If Rafael stays fit and is not rotated he will score very high but i can't see this being the case.

Van Gaal has come out and said he has been most impressed with Evans. He is a little injury prone but should start unless injured and scores goals. Think he might be a better option than Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

LRKm4ES.png

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »
    LVG has came out and said that Shaw isn't as fit as he needs to be and has him on a separate training regime.

Hmmm, that puts a fly in the ointment. That said, he still has twenty days until the season starts to get ready and United are only going to have one game a week.

I think LVG just likes cracking the whip.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    No. But hopefully whichever it is will be clear by GW1 and they're both 6m

There is a very distinct possibility that cech/courtois will be rotated at mourinho's whim. DDG will, barring injury or suspension, play every league game this season. I'd fancy him+terry to outscore shaw+Chelsea keeper over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hmmm, that puts a fly in the ointment. That said, he still has twenty days until the season starts to get ready and United are only going to have one game a week.

I think LVG just likes cracking the whip.

He was cracking it fairly hard, he has him training on his own, article and video with it all here... http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/29/louis-van-gaal-luke-shaw-manchester-united

PARlance wrote: »
    He was cracking it fairly hard, he has him training on his own, article and video with it all here... http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/29/louis-van-gaal-luke-shaw-manchester-united

There's nothing there I'd be overly worried about. It's still two weeks until the season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hazard and Dzeko

Silva and Costa

Who to go with.?

First option, all day, every day.

• Advertisement

You think? Expecting a fit Costa to do really well at Chelsea, would love to get him in.

dahat wrote: »
    Hazard and Dzeko

Silva and Costa

Who to go with.?

I'm going with the first option. I can see alot if Costa's game being about holding the ball up like Drogba used to do.

I can actually see Hazard doing better with an established striker in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Anyone considering Remy an option?? I'm seriously thinking of trying to squeeze him in up front if i can now that he isn't going to Liverpool. He should be the main man at QPR although that doesn't say a lot really but if there are goals to come from them you would have to think he is most likely to be involved.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm going with the first option. I can see alot if Costa's game being about holding the ball up like Drogba used to do.

I can actually see Hazard doing better with an established striker in front of him.

That was my original thinking but I think Silva will be more productive than Dzeko, one dilemma after another with fpl.

Hazard + Dzeko seems to be the default combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

Anyone considering Remy an option?? I'm seriously thinking of trying to squeeze him in up front if i can now that he isn't going to Liverpool. He should be the main man at QPR although that doesn't say a lot really but if there are goals to come from them you would have to think he is most likely to be involved.

Riverie at Newcastle is a better option and is cheaper. If Remy stays at QPR (and if there is a fitness issue he may well do so) then he will be in a battle against relegation all season. He is the class act in the team and just won't have the support to score enough to justify the expense over Riverie. I wouldn't go more than 5m on a QPR player. Barton is currently my sub midfielder and thats about as far as I would go with QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

There is a very distinct possibility that cech/courtois will be rotated at mourinho's whim. DDG will, barring injury or suspension, play every league game this season. I'd fancy him+terry to outscore shaw+Chelsea keeper over the season.

Would very much doubt any manager would rotate keeper in the league. One will get cups and maybe even Europe. Courtois is the future and a top class keeper so my feeling is he will play most. Talk in some papers today that he may yet sell Cech due to being over the allowed number of non homegrown players and struggling to get rid of some of the other foreigners.

However I take your points about Terry/DDG, but if I had DDG I'd probably save 0.5 and go for Luis or Azpil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

dahat wrote: »
    That was my original thinking but I think Silva will be more productive than Dzeko, one dilemma after another with fpl.

Hazard + Dzeko seems to be the default combo.

The risk with Hazard is Mourino seems to have taken a dislike to him from the start. Hazard's talent and goals meant Jose had no choice but to pick him and is that continues he will be a must in any team but I would watch the press conferences by Jose and be ready to dump Hazard if there is another falling out.

Dzeko is a hard one to call. If he plays he is likely to get goals but with Aguero there there is a risk Dzeko will be confined to the bench if Aguero stays fit. I would go Giroud or even Bony, if he stays in the premiership, before Dzeko. At the moment they will play far more games than Dzeko.

touts wrote: »
    The risk with Hazard is Mourino seems to have taken a dislike to him from the start. Hazard's talent and goals meant Jose had no choice but to pick him and is that continues he will be a must in any team but I would watch the press conferences by Jose and be ready to dump Hazard if there is another falling out.

Dzeko is a hard one to call. If he plays he is likely to get goals but with Aguero there there is a risk Dzeko will be confined to the bench if Aguero stays fit. I would go Giroud or even Bony, if he stays in the premiership, before Dzeko. At the moment they will play far more games than Dzeko.

Giroud is one few have mentioned at 8.5 but he is very frustrating, Dzeko failed me last season so I would be quite easily swayed away from him.
    With Hazard while I see your point it would be madness of Jose to drop him imo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭CSF

touts wrote: »

Mourinho is still not in a position to dump Hazard.

FHFC wrote: »
    Would very much doubt any manager would rotate keeper in the league. One will get cups and maybe even Europe. Courtois is the future and a top class keeper so my feeling is he will play most. Talk in some papers today that he may yet sell Cech due to being over the allowed number of non homegrown players and struggling to get rid of some of the other foreigners.

However I take your points about Terry/DDG, but if I had DDG I'd probably save 0.5 and go for Luis or Azpil.

I think you're right, in that Courtown will start out as the number one. But a couple of early dodgy displays and Mourinho might chop and change. We all saw DeGea when he first came. He also might just do it for the hell of it.

JT is as close to being the perfect FF defender as you can get. He's been In the top 4-5 each since the FPL site began.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I think you're right, in that Courtown will start out as the number one. But a couple of early dodgy displays and Mourinho might chop and change. We all saw DeGea when he first came. He also might just do it for the hell of it.

JT is as close to being the perfect FF defender as you can get. He's been In the top 4-5 each since the FPL site began.

Yeah, fair points.

Shaw could be this years Coleman, want to give him a chance. His high ownership will hurt big if he fires. The fact LVG wants him fit bodes well that he'll be getting up and down the line a lot.

I think you're right, in that Courtown will start out as the number one.

Auto-correct or a clever nickname I don't get? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

IF Lukaku (9.0) signs for Everton will anybody take him over the 8.5 forwards? (Bony, Giroud, Dzeko)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gatame wrote: »
    IF Lukaku (9.0) signs for Everton will anybody take him over the 8.5 forwards? (Bony, Giroud, Dzeko)

no!!!!! never again will he be signed by me
    Remy linked with Newcastle.......

km79 wrote: »
    no!!!!! never again will he be signed by me
    Remy linked with Newcastle.......

Now that's an interesting one given the early fixtures for Newcastle

8-10 wrote: »
    Auto-correct or a clever nickname I don't get? :P

Ha, it's definitely autocorrect. Didn't even notice til you quoted it. Feel free to use it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gatame wrote: »

Not a chance. In fact I'm very surprised the aforementioned trio aren't priced at £9.0m with Lukaku £8.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone considering Remy an option??
    Need to see where he ends up. Can't see him being at QPR on 1st September

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Good third striker option if he ends up at Newcastle though! Although Riviere is .5 cheaper.

• Advertisement

I'd prefer if he leaves QPR because Austin will be a better option.

Advertisement