Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jones, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Coutinho, Borini, Lambert, Ibe.
    Substitutes: Ward, Agger, Henderson, Can, Suso, Coady, Phillips, Robinson, Peterson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Sanchez/hazard or Ozil/Toure???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Sanchez/hazard or Ozil/Toure???

Sanchez/Hazard all day for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sanchez/Hazard all day for me anyway!

Agreed. Though for the extra 0.5 I'd take Yaya/Hazard, best 2 of those 4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Anybody see how Davies played?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

As much as I'd love to have Pelle and Tadic, the attraction of a £9m midfielder (Silva, Fabregas, Ramsey) plus a £6m striker (Ings, Wickham, Austin) is simply too much. Coupled with the fact that the Southampton pair have a tough first game and are untested in the PL. I'll still likely have a minimum of 3 'new' players in my team come GW1. There seems to be a lot more choice this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Some insight from Van Gaal, from The Mirror:
    New signings Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera both started in the Dutchman's new-look 3-5-2 shape, with the latter particularly impressing, and Van Gaal insists he had no time to waste in switching formations - even if the unbalanced squad he inherited makes things tricky.

The Dutchman lined up his new side in an unfamiliar shape but they dazzled in California as they romped past MLS side LA Galaxy 7-0

Louis van Gaal last night insisted he will stick with the 3-5-2 system that brought him a "fantastic" 7-0 win in his first game in charge of Manchester United.

The Dutchman led his side to a comfortable victory over the MLS outfit, with Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young and Reece James all bagging braces.

And the former Netherlands boss believes his charges got off to the best possible start in their new shape:

“The result always matters," revealed the 62-year-old. "With such a result you get confidence and confidence in a new system.

“We introduced a new system and played just two times on the training pitch eleven v eleven. It is no so much, but the boys are willing to pick up the information.

“It is fantastic how they have performed today."
    With a glut of internationals in his squad, Van Gaal and his coaching staff have been forced to work without their full compliment of players so far in pre-season. Nevertheless, the new United coach remained happy - if not a little surprised - with his side after such a comfortable win.

“Last week, ten players who played tonight were not even in our training complex.

“But when you see us train, you can expect something but not 7-0. It was a surprise, but they were also beautiful goals.

“It was not just the goals, but the beautiful attacks."

New signings Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera both started in the Dutchman's new-look 3-5-2 shape, with the latter particularly impressing, and Van Gaal insists he had no time to waste in switching formations - even if the unbalanced squad he inherited makes things tricky.

Reuters
    New pair: Rooney and Welbeck were partnered up front in Man United's new formation

“When you want to change a system, you must start at once. We don’t have time to prepare for other things.

“The other system they can play is 4-3-3 and they have played it for many years.

“I can change back if the system doesn’t work. With the quality of the players we have, I can play 4-3-3 with three strikers on the bench, bit I want to play with two strikers.

“We have four number tens, so the selection is not balanced in my eyes. I have decided to play this system because of the quality of the players.

"But if we lose, I can change back to another system.”

When I see my team playing a new system, it is better to win 7-0 than to lose because the players will then doubt the system.

“But now I don’t have that problem.”

Rooney becomes a lot more attractive if he holds true to the two strikers.

Anyone have any insight into the Chelsea keeper situation? Shaw does look attract now, and if I was going with him it would be most likely instead of my premium Chelsea defender and putting Cech/Courtois in goal.

Cech played the 90 last night but Mourinho quoted on FFS was giving nothing away...
    “My situation for the season is fantastic. To have Cech and Courtois means we have the best young goalkeeper in the world and one of the top-three or five most experienced keepers. For me and Chelsea, it’s perfect. Maybe one of them won’t be happy but the Chelsea supporters will be happy and they’re more important than players.”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone takin the bold gamble of goin with Lamela over Eriksen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

manual_man wrote: »

How much is Lamela? I'm going with neither currently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I have both....might be overkill slightly :pac:

8-10 wrote: »
    How much is Lamela? I'm going with neither currently

Same price... 8M

http://jrnl.ie/1587359

Nice well written article on Man U formation implications on score.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm so tempted. I'm a Spurs fan so I'm afraid it's just heart over head stuff. But I really do think he's going to have a great season. If he was only a bit cheaper than Eriksen I could maybe justify it.

I will be watching the pre season so things could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Oh dear.. Just logged in quickly yesterday. So many threads to read. Haven't even looked at any player prices yet. Hours of FF research needed this weekend.

And we do this for fun?! We must be all mad. :pac:

Lovren to have Liverpool medical according to ssn

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lovren to have Liverpool medical according to ssn

20 mil fee agreed I think.

One thing i've noticed with the majority of teams on here is that basically nobody is picking any Liverpool attacking options?

Gerrard finished as the second highest scoring mid behind Yaya 3 points above hazard and is only 9 mil? Sturridge was the second highest scorer in the league?

Liverpool scored 109 goals in all competitions last season Suarez scored 31 fair enough but that still leaves 78 goals and id imagine some of the new signings will help out with at least part of Suarez's tally this season??

I'm seriously thinking of putting Gerrard in. heartbreaking as he is at times in this game i'm biased and i love him yes, but the points don't lie! I've got attacking options from all the other top teams and feel i'll be missing out without anyone from Liverpool in there somewhere!

I've also had a few scoops so maybe my judgement is clouded but I feel like i'm making sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

One thing i've noticed with the majority of teams on here is that basically nobody is picking any Liverpool attacking options?

Gerrard finished as the second highest scoring mid behind Yaya 3 points above hazard and is only 9 mil? Sturridge was the second highest scorer in the league?

Liverpool scored 109 goals in all competitions last season Suarez scored 31 fair enough but that still leaves 78 goals and id imagine some of the new signings will help out with at least part of Suarez's tally this season??

I'm seriously thinking of putting Gerrard in. heartbreaking as he is at times in this game i'm biased and i love him yes, but the points don't lie! I've got attacking options from all the other top teams and feel i'll be missing out without anyone from Liverpool in there somewhere!

I've also had a few scoops so maybe my judgement is clouded but I feel like i'm making sense!

I'd be worried about Gerrard this season. The ten penalties he scored last season covered up a lack of goals from play (partly down to his deeper role in Liverpool's midfield).

Liverpool won an abnormally high amount of penalties last season (12), five more than any other team so that will probably regress back to 6 or 7 this season. Suarez played a big part in winning some of those penalties and he's left the club. (Pacy signings like Markovic and Remy may make up for this loss by drawing some last ditch fouls).

His assists will probably hold at 8-10 given his role as set-piece taker but I can't seem matching his score from last year. He only scored 2 goals from play last season and if the no. of penalties decreases his bonus points will decrease as well.

Comparison_Midfielders.jpg

The other options in Hazard, Fabregas, Ramsey, Yaya offer more upside in terms of no. of chances created for assists and amount of shots they get per game.
    (Hazard especially as with better players around him to finish chances (Fabregas, Costa should improve on his assist total given the high amount of chances created last season.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Gerard will not win the same amount of penalties this year with Suarez gone. There are far better options in his price range

• Advertisement

Fantasy League (@fantasyleague) tweeted at 10:42pm - 25 Jul 14:

Injury update: Adam Lallana out for six weeks with knee ligament damage. Could miss as many as five matches for #LFC in the new season. (https://twitter.com/fantasyleague/status/492787074710663168)

Could mean Remy will get a starting berth from the go...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ill be going with sturridge has been extremely consistent for liverpool with or without suarez.

What do people make of Kevin Nolan? Only. 5 dearer than siggy and I reckon he'll outscore him.

The other options in Hazard, Fabregas, Ramsey, Yaya offer more upside in terms of no. of chances created for assists and amount of shots they get per game.
    (Hazard especially as with better players around him to finish chances (Fabregas, Costa should improve on his assist total given the high amount of chances created last season.)

My point wasn't to say lump on Gerrard sorry if thats how it came across i was just saying that in all the teams i have seen thrown up here i have only seen a liverpool attacking option in one or two tops! Considering Liverpool seem to be an all out attacking side now i don't get it at all! Sturridge seems like an obvious choice but his price means my squad has to suffer elsewhere. I'll more then likely settle for Lallana but it depends on how he is played in the rest of the pre season games and if he is going to be a sure starter!

I've already got Rooney, Costa, Sanchez, Silva in my team so would like to get a Liverpool player in their too as they are definitely going to keep scoring goals! Maybe not as freely as with Suarez but Rodgers style of play dictates that there will be goals! It was the same at Swansea!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Chambers going to Arsenal, according to posters on Scout. Maybe Mr P's new main man Targett is now one to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chambers going to Arsenal, according to posters on Scout. Maybe Mr P's new main man Targett is now one to get!

the way things are going koeman will be playing for southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I had just worked Lallana into my team but looks like he's out for the start now.

Gatame wrote: »
    I had just worked Lallana into my team but looks like he's out for the start now.

FFS!!! Where are you getting this from???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

My point wasn't to say lump on Gerrard sorry if thats how it came across i was just saying that in all the teams i have seen thrown up here i have only seen a liverpool attacking option in one or two tops! Considering Liverpool seem to be an all out attacking side now i don't get it at all! Sturridge seems like an obvious choice but his price means my squad has to suffer elsewhere. I'll more then likely settle for Lallana but it depends on how he is played in the rest of the pre season games and if he is going to be a sure starter!

I've already got Rooney, Costa, Sanchez, Silva in my team so would like to get a Liverpool player in their too as they are definitely going to keep scoring goals! Maybe not as freely as with Suarez but Rodgers style of play dictates that there will be goals! It was the same at Swansea!

Sorry mate I took you up wrong. :o:) Just my main point would be that Gerrard is overvalued at 9.0M given his return should decline significantly.

Your best shot for a solid Liverpool attacking player will be Sturridge. No 1 striker and was solid when playing as the lone striker when Suarez was banned at the start of last season. 11.5M and a decent captaincy option.

If your looking for outsiders if Lallana is injured for the first few games of the season then Remy might be a good early option.

Otherwise maybe a punt on Henderson? He's acting as the box-to-box midfielder and probably be guaranteed 30+ games in that midfield and could get more attacking returns from play than the likes of Gerrard.
    At 6 million he might offer some value given Can will probably act as a holding midfielder and offer him some more forward freedom. He could be a bit of a sleeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Serge Gnabry could be going the other way on loan - could be one to keep an eye on. Think he's only 4.5m.

Advertisement