Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I haven't seen Yaya'a name mentioned much on these forums. Are people avoiding him after his ridiculous tantrums and comments? He's likely to stay at City
    Too expensive, but I'll be all over him every once in a while when they've a home fixture that I think they'll score goals in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yaya who? :)

Yaya it's your birthday, happy birthday Yayaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

P.S. Sanogo, obviously :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CSF wrote: »
    Don't really have a strong opinion either way on the Davies discussion but I would be very surprised if he was the only Tottenham signing this summer. You'd think Pocchetino would have demanded more from the board.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2698837/Mauricio-Pochettino-says-Tottenham-not-make-signings-summer-new-boss-promises-play-attacking-football.html
    'I think we have a very good squad already,' said Pochettino.

'Of course we always want to improve and it is possible we will add to the squad. But there will not be many changes.
    'Last summer the club made a big overhaul and I believe in these players.'
    The Argentine manager also insisted that expensive signings were no guarantee of success - something his new club learned the hard way last summer - and promised to avoid 'mistakes' in the transfer window.

'We are always looking to build - but without making mistakes - so you should not expect big changes.'

I think he wants to have a decent look at what they have before he spends any more cash. Have you even checked their squad listing on the FPL site? They have a huge amount of players.

Lemlin wrote: »

I'll take it with a pinch of salt under the assumption that Pocchetino couldn't be nuts enough to value THAT squad THAT highly.

A huge amount of players yes, but a serious absence of good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yaya who? :)

Toyed with calling my team"Who are Ya(ya)?" but was still just a little bit too scared of him, birthday tantrums or not. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sigurdsson to Swansea confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

roryc wrote: »
    I dont think Siggy has played in their pre-season games yet.

I don't think Eriksen has either though.

Spurs play tonight however, will look out for the lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

The Swansea/Spurs swapathon has made 3 players far more viable options - Siggy, Davies and Neil Taylor.

Finding it hard to pick a team due to the level of uncertainty over so many big players. I usually WC after 3 weeks, but was going to avoid it this year. Starting to lean towards picking a team for the first 3 weeks only and WC'ing.

I'll take it with a pinch of salt under the assumption that Pocchetino couldn't be nuts enough to value THAT squad THAT highly.

A huge amount of players yes, but a serious absence of good ones.

It's a better squad than he had at Saints and look at the results he got there.

Spurs aren't a bad side. Players like Lloris, Vertonghen, Walker, Lennon, Eriksen, Paulinho and Ade are proven and others like Chirches, Chadli, Bentaleb, Townsend, Soldado and Kane all have definite potential.

Lemlin wrote: »
    It's a better squad than he had at Saints and look at the results he got there.

Spurs aren't a bad side. Players like Lloris, Vertonghen, Walker, Lennon, Eriksen, Paulinho and Ade are proven and others like Chirches, Chadli, Bentaleb, Townsend, Soldado and Kane all have definite potential.
    I'm sure he didn't up sticks and leave a club where he was doing so well like Southampton (a club who sells their best players) and join Tottenham (a club who sells their best players) without being given the opportunity to improve their squad on being slightly better than the one he had at Southampton.

All the other managers got a decent wad of cash to spend, why shouldn't Pocchetino?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Like many I'm not sure about RVP. It's him/ 2 lesser forwards or Giroud/Dzeko/a another... Thinking 3 5 2 this year. Haven't looked at the boards this early for any previous year but I'm determind to do well this year as I had a ****e season last time out

Just noticed the mobile app leads you into the normal site at the moment. Presume they'll sort this before kick off. Although in the app you don't get the detail and stats, just easier to use

not convinced about RVP, or Dzeko for that matter. Dzeko did well last year but Aguero was injured for an insane amount of time, and i can't see that being the same this season. Also, looking at City's fixtures they don't look v generous, traditionally City have bagged most of their goals at home, and their initial run will see them play Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and Spurs in their opening 5 home fixtures. RVP, shoot me down, but i think he's clearly past his best. His injury troubles of old flared up last season, and to my eye he's definitely lost a yard of pace. He'll be 31 by the time the new season is underway. Understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

How do people rate Barkley?

Benimar wrote: »
    Finding it hard to pick a team due to the level of uncertainty over so many big players. I usually WC after 3 weeks but was going to avoid it this year. Starting to lean towards picking a team for the first 3 weeks only and WC'ing.

Interesting debate you raise. My first experience of the game last year and I wildcarded after about 4 weeks. Gained value but team didn't actually score well after it for a while. Second wildcard went very well though.

Then coming up to the cancellations and DGWs I'd have given my right arm for one. The lad who won my league kept his WC till around then and the boost he got won it for him.

I'm not opposed to points hits, and my plan this year was like yourself to keep the original wc till last 1/4 of the season and try to gain maximum advantage then. I was gonna take a few hits as required in first 5 or 6 GWs to adjust team and get on bandwagon price risers.

I get the impression from most other posters that early wildcarding is the way it is and most seem set to use it within the first 3 weeks.

I'm still very inexperienced at this craic and may very well hit the wc button in week 2 myself when I realise my plan above is clap trap so would be an interesting one to see what others views and plans are.

A poll might be interesting if someone could set one up.

two many factors in fpl to be deciding when to use your wild card i.m.o.

ideally i think most would like to still have it when a nice dbl gameweek comes around. last 2 seasons i used mine early, not because i wanted to(quite the opposite), but because i needed to. last season in particular there was a lot of surprises in the opening weeks of the season, and a lot (like myself) felt it was necessary to use it or risk quickly falling behind. but basically i don't think it's even something you should be considering in advance, just pick the squad you feel will get you off to the best start, and take things on a week-by-week basis...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Help me, please.

I seen a FF team name the other day but I can't for the life of me remember it. I think its a play on the name of a new player in the EPL.

Not much to go on I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Interesting debate you raise. My first experience of the game last year and I wildcarded after about 4 weeks. Gained value but team didn't actually score well after it for a while. Second wildcard went very well though.

Then coming up to the cancellations and DGWs I'd have given my right arm for one. The lad who won my league kept his WC till around then and the boost he got won it for him.

I'm not opposed to points hits, and my plan this year was like yourself to keep the original wc till last 1/4 of the season and try to gain maximum advantage then. I was gonna take a few hits as required in first 5 or 6 GWs to adjust team and get on bandwagon price risers.

I get the impression from most other posters that early wildcarding is the way it is and most seem set to use it within the first 3 weeks.

I'm still very inexperienced at this craic and may very well hit the wc button in week 2 myself when I realise my plan above is clap trap so would be an interesting one to see what others views and plans are.

A poll might be interesting if someone could set one up.

Ive always wildcarded at the first international break and am going to try to wait till the 2nd international break this time around but it will definetly be one of those 2 options. I dont really see the benefit of holding onto your wildcard till late in the season a lot of the time DGW's dont pan out as you plan plus most of us with forward planning can get in enough dgw players anyway. Ive only bothered looking at every teams first 8 fixtures as I know Ill have wildcarded by then and with that in mind I think Ill be going all out attack.
    DDG Given
    O shea collocinni cameron taylor wisdom
    Hazard, sanchez, de jong, sigurdson, marney
    rooney, sturridge, dzeko

Defence looks weak but for the first 8 gws assuming those 5 players are first choice I'll pick the best 3 with fixtures giving me
    GW1 WBA A Villa H Sun H
    GW2 Villa A Hull A Bur H
    GW3 Pal H QPR A WBA H
    GW4 Sou A Leic H Eve H
    GW5 Hull H BUR A QPR A
    GW6 Swa H New H Bur H
    GW7 STo H New H Sun A
    GW8 Leic H Swa H Sto A

Nib wrote: »
    Help me, please.

I seen a FF team name the other day but I can't for the life of me remember it. I think its a play on the name of a new player in the EPL.

Not much to go on I know.

anything to do with Ings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

anything to do with Ings
    Ings can only get better!

And I'm pretty sure it was you that posted it?

Thank you very much.

Edit: Max 20 characters. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Thank you very much.

No spaces?

• Advertisement

Thank you very much.

ingscanonlygetbetter;)

ingscanonlygetbetter;)

ingsthatmakeyougohmmmmmmmmmm

Ive always wildcarded at the first international break and am going to try to wait till the 2nd international break this time around but it will definetly be one of those 2 options. I dont really see the benefit of holding onto your wildcard till late in the season a lot of the time DGW's dont pan out as you plan plus most of us with forward planning can get in enough dgw players anyway. Ive only bothered looking at every teams first 8 fixtures as I know Ill have wildcarded by then and with that in mind I think Ill be going all out attack.

Glad to hear a few opinions. I felt last season I'd have gained a lot of advantage if I'd had the WC around the DGWs / Cancellation weeks. I put plenty of effort into planning, too much maybe, and it possible to get numbers of DGW players, but not necessarily your ideal DGW players if you know what I mean....

I like the idea for now of using hits early if needed and keeping the WC, but I'm not hung up on it at all costs, if I find myself of a -12 some GW I can always hit the button. So as manual man says I'll play it when I need to to, but unlike manual man I have some idea of when I'd like to.

Busts, last year I think the first international break was pretty bad for price rises etc, I did it the week after that and it was excellent. International break 2 might be a better time all right, but last year transfers were very quiet both breaks till the after the second set of internationals so the advantage of a long week is minimal as far as I saw last year.

I'm sure he didn't up sticks and leave a club where he was doing so well like Southampton (a club who sells their best players) and join Tottenham (a club who sells their best players) without being given the opportunity to improve their squad on being slightly better than the one he had at Southampton.

All the other managers got a decent wad of cash to spend, why shouldn't Pocchetino?

Spurs spent an insane amount of cash last year and neither coach appointed since has worked out.

I'm sure Pocchetino will get cash but I just think he'll sit back and have a good look at who he wants/will discard before he utilises what's available.

Looking at the sheer size of the Spurs squad, they need to start offloading before they start taking new bodies on.

Glad to hear a few opinions. I felt last season I'd have gained a lot of advantage if I'd had the WC around the DGWs / Cancellation weeks. I put plenty of effort into planning, too much maybe, and it possible to get numbers of DGW players, but not necessarily your ideal DGW players if you know what I mean....

I like the idea for now of using hits early if needed and keeping the WC, but I'm not hung up on it at all costs, if I find myself of a -12 some GW I can always hit the button. So as manual man says I'll play it when I need to to, but unlike manual man I have some idea of when I'd like to.

Busts, last year I think the first international break was pretty bad for price rises etc, I did it the week after that and it was excellent. International break 2 might be a better time all right, but last year transfers were very quiet both breaks till the after the second set of internationals so the advantage of a long week is minimal as far as I saw last year.
    Ye I think if you make .2 or .3 you have done well. I do recall that the following week between GW 4 & 5 turned out to be a good one. There is luck involved as in a random player scores on a sat that is 90% on his way to a price rise will get the .2 whereas the next week a player that scores is 90% on the way to a drop before the bandwagon kicks in with him scoring. Between GW4 and 5 is good as you get a gameweek to see the effect on teamsheets of all the deadline transfers including players that have now been dropped due to new arivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Ben Davies starts for spurs tonight against Toronto on BT Sport 2

Ye I think if you make .2 or .3 you have done well. I do recall that the following week between GW 4 & 5 turned out to be a good one. There is luck involved as in a random player scores on a sat that is 90% on his way to a price rise will get the .2 whereas the next week a player that scores is 90% on the way to a drop before the bandwagon kicks in with him scoring. Between GW4 and 5 is good as you get a gameweek to see the effect on teamsheets of all the deadline transfers including players that have now been dropped due to new arivals.

I gained about 1m gross the week I did it. I also signed Ramsey thinking I'd get a few prices rises off him before the bandwagon crashed! :). On the down side I also signed Ben Arfa....

swoody wrote: »
    Ben Davies starts for spurs tonight against Toronto on BT Sport 2

BtQsZdUCAAACzrx.jpg

I gained about 1m gross the week I did it. I also signed Ramsey thinking I'd get a few prices rises off him before the bandwagon crashed! :). On the down side I also signed Ben Arfa....

The .2 I was talking about would be profit on players that you dont keep after wildcarding a lot of hard work for little or no gain. I was chuffed with myself that ramsey went up .2 giving me a .1 profit as I offloaded because he would never keep that form up:eek:

• Advertisement

enrique starts for liverpool

Advertisement