Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

F1ngers wrote: »
    I don't normally play 4-3-3(prefer 3-4-3) but was tinkering around with my wc and came up with team below.

It's actually 4-2-4 if Wenger is to be believed when saying Sanchez will play as a striker.

It looks fairly versatile in that I can go 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 depending on fixtures.

Thoughts?

15206426552_9c272287e5_z.jpg

I would dump Terry to try get a more productive mid instead of Marney and King, someone like Larsson maybe.

Also Yoshida isn't a first choice now with the new Dutch CB they signed.

Sanchez days as a striker are over with Wellbeck signed but he still should score plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

dahat wrote: »

eh...he's Belgian!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

8-10 wrote: »
    eh...he's Belgian!

Whoops..fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Fill in the blanks!!

All the other players are 0.1 away from bankable funds so it's looking like I will be keeping these

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Fill in the blanks!!

All the other players are 0.1 away from bankable funds so it's looking like I will be keeping these

This thread is called 'Rate my team', not 'Pick my team'!

• Advertisement

This thread is called 'Rate my team', not 'Pick my team'!

;)

Oh okay I have

LLoris
    Hamer
    Evans
    Clyne
    Duff
    Tadic

with £0.6m in the bank.

Please rate my team ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

dahat wrote: »
    I would dump Terry to try get a more productive mid instead of Marney and King, someone like Larsson maybe.

Sanchez days as a striker are over with Wellbeck signed but he still should score plenty.

Downgrading Terry seems to be the way to strengthen the team alright.
    That sentence doesn't seem right but it does give me more flexibility.

Have until 11:29 saturday to decide on formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Last chance Café for Rooney as captain:
    De Gea (Myhill)
    Azpilicueta, Dummett,Chambers , (Ferdinand),(Potts),
    Mata, Hazard, Ramsey, Fabregas,(Noble)
    Rooney,Weimann and Welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chesty08 wrote: »
    ;)

Oh okay I have

LLoris
    Hamer
    Evans
    Clyne
    Duff
    Tadic

with £0.6m in the bank.

Please rate my team ;)
    You'll probably need more than 1 midfielder and some strikers would probably come in handy too. You're allowed 5 defenders also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

CSF wrote: »
    You'll probably need more than 1 midfielder and some strikers would probably come in handy too. You're allowed 5 defenders also.

Think he was filling out the blanks from his post above.

• Advertisement

Think he was filling out the blanks from his post above.
    I know yeah, but expecting people to switch between 2 different things when looking at his team is ridiculous!!!

I know yeah, but expecting people to switch between 2 different things when looking at his team is ridiculous!!!

Agreed Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

On the wild card currently. How does this look?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

burrenguy wrote: »
    I tried something similar to have this much firepower up front. But it leaves you very thin in midfield and defense.

I ended up with Costa and Aguero as well. But I have Wellbeck and used that to have the Ramsey/Cesc/Siggy/Sterling midfield with Ivanovic and some 4-5M fill ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads any opinions on my team thinking of using my wildcard but not sure yet.

My problem is Hazard and Costa are doubtful.
    Colcoccini and Debuchy have tough away games.
    Erikson and Adam Johnson are struggling.

Feeling it could be a tough week also doubts with Mata and Rooney starting but i think Falcao will start this week on the bench.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lads any opinions on my team thinking of using my wildcard but not sure yet.

My problem is Hazard and Costa are doubtful.
    Colcoccini and Debuchy have tough away games.
    Erikson and Adam Johnson are struggling.

Feeling it could be a tough week also doubts with Mata and Rooney starting but i think Falcao will start this week on the bench.

Bar Sigurdsson I don't like your midfielders, it's like a who's who of midfielders that we would have expected to perform better than they have by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Bar Sigurdsson I don't like your midfielders, it's like a who's who of midfielders that we would have expected to perform better than they have by now.

I agree at the start i was happy but not now.

Eriksson has been shunted onto to the wing.
    Mata is now not guaranteed a game
    Johnson has been poor
    Hazard though doing well has been took of set pieces

If i wild card what's your opinion on this?

LLoris i think Spurs will be solid.

The defence Terry, Moreno and three cheap rotation options who are starters.

The midfield i am unsure i think Lamela will score high like Lallana last season in a similar role. I think Nick Powell if he starts in the hole for Leicester should score a few goals.

My dilemma is Powell and Lamela or Chadli and Jordan Henderson.

The strikers i am happy with.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I agree at the start i was happy but not now.

Eriksson has been shunted onto to the wing.
    Mata is now not guaranteed a game
    Johnson has been poor
    Hazard though doing well has been took of set pieces

If i wild card what's your opinion on this?

LLoris i think Spurs will be solid.

The defence Terry, Moreno and three cheap rotation options who are starters.

The midfield i am unsure i think Lamela will score high like Lallana last season in a similar role. I think Nick Powell if he starts in the hole for Leicester should score a few goals.

My dilemma is Powell and Lamela or Chadli and Jordan Henderson.

The strikers i am happy with.
    I like it, but I'd be downgrading Powell to Boyd and upgrading Moore or Wisdom to one of the good 4.5s out there.

I like it, but I'd be downgrading Powell to Boyd and upgrading Moore or Wisdom to one of the good 4.5s out there.

Plus downdraft your keeper to a 4.0mill keeper and use it for a 5.5 or 5mil defender

Edit: Wrong Team!! Was referring to team with Courtois & Green in goals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

burrenguy wrote: »

Green might be dropped for McCarthy soon so I'd make that swap and save 0.5 considering Courtious is gonna play every week anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

So here's my team as it stands.. Checking in here for the last time as I have the wildcard in play.. Have downgraded the defence a bit to accommodate Sergio and Welbeck.. If Welbeck doesn't work out ( I'm an arsenal fan and have a feeling he'll do quite well) I can ditch him and upgrade defence.. Mainly looking for thoughts on my defence.. Azpilicueta an Lovren are solid but the other 3 aren't great.. I'll only be playing 3 most weeks anyway.. .3 in the bank.. Thanks

Krul, Elliot
    Azpil, Lovren, Moore, duff, Yoshida
    Ram, fab, sterling, sig, cattermole
    Costa, Aguero, Welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So here's my team as it stands.. Checking in here for the last time as I have the wildcard in play.. Have downgraded the defence a bit to accommodate Sergio and Welbeck.. If Welbeck doesn't work out ( I'm an arsenal fan and have a feeling he'll do quite well) I can ditch him and upgrade defence.. Mainly looking for thoughts on my defence.. Azpilicueta an Lovren are solid but the other 3 aren't great.. I'll only be playing 3 most weeks anyway.. .3 in the bank.. Thanks

Krul, Elliot
    Azpil, Lovren, Moore, duff, Yoshida
    Ram, fab, sterling, sig, cattermole
    Costa, Aguero, Welbeck

How safe is Azpil, that new chap luis is going to get some gametime which means some defender is going to be rotated?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Am on wildcard and have to settle on team by tomorrow am at 11am at latest as won't be near a computer after that till Sunday.
    Am looking long term with most players.
    Lloris. ( Myhill)
    Ivanovic. Shawcross Coloccini Clyne Janmaat
    Fabregas. Ramsey. Siggy. Puncheon. Dyer.
    Aguero. Costa. Naismith.
    0.0 in bank!
    Would be 3:4:3 most weeks.Longterm Plan -
    Might look at at a Man Utd defender maybe Jones in for Shawcross if their defending improves.Dyer and Puncheon offer a goal threat at lower end of price scale.Lloris has decent enough fixtures and is a steady keeper...no GK rotation.Is it bad idea to have two Toon defender?...I think Janmaat could be the Seamus Coleman of this year.
    Appreciate any constructive advice as tomorrow am will see me finalising WC.
    Will captain Costa this week and hope he starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Am on wildcard and have to settle on team by tomorrow am at 11am at latest as won't be near a computer after that till Sunday.
    Lloris. ( Myhill)
    Aguero. Costa. Naismith.

Might look at at a Man Utd defender maybe Jones in for Shawcross if their defending improves.Dyer and Puncheon offer a goal threat at lower end of price scale.Lloris has decent enough fixtures and is a steady keeper...no GK rotation.Is it bad idea to have two Toon defender?...I think Janmaat could be the Seamus Coleman of this year.
    if you are going to play 343 each week you will have a LOT of money on the bench with that much spent on the 5 defenders....I also would not be happy having to play naismith each week...

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Wild card in play and still trying to get a strong team

Krul £4.5

Clyne £5.0 Terry £6.5 Lovren £5.5

Ramsey £9.0 Fábregas £9.1 Sterling £8.7 Sigurdsson £6.5

Diouf £6.4 Diego Costa £10.5 Balotelli £10.0

BENCH : Elliot £4.0 Quinn £4.5 Wilson £4.5 Taylor £4.5

£0.8 in he bank

Just enough to upgrade Diouf £6.4 to Welbeck £7.0 when I need to .

Comments welcome with suggestions please .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

km79 wrote: »
    if you are going to play 343 each week you will have a LOT of money on the bench with that much spent on the 5 defenders....I also would not be happy having to play naismith each week...
    Right...who would you downgrade in defence?....depending on fixtures and form my starting 3 would prob be Ivanovic,Shawcross and Jaanmaat most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Right...who would you downgrade in defence?....depending on fixtures and form my starting 3 would prob be Ivanovic,Shawcross and Jaanmaat most weeks.

just spotted you have collocini as well as jaanmaat so I would certainly switch him. maybe to Moore of Leicester. you also have clyne . he is 5.1 and has good fixtures but you don't plan on playing him.......? personally I can't bring myself to spend that much on ivanovic either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Ace2007 wrote: »
    How safe is Azpil, that new chap luis is going to get some gametime which means some defender is going to be rotated?

Chelsea sold luiz and bought luis? :pac: Confusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I want to play siggy this week but not sure who to leave out.
    Also is captaining Ivanovic a good move?
    Krul(mannone)
    Ivanovic(c) duff dier
    sterling Ramsey chadli fabregas
    Costa falcao Naismith
    (siggy Taylor vlaar)
    Used my ft jovetic-> falcao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lloris. ( Myhill)
    Aguero. Costa. Naismith.
    0.0 in bank!

I think Puncheon is your weakness. Maybe Shawcross to Pieters and Janmaat to a 4.0 (Duff has decent fixtures for a while, or Moore) and get in a better mid like Tadic (dunno if that would fund it but you get the idea)

Advertisement