Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

On a wildcard atm and have been trying to hitch myself to the very slow-moving bandwagons. Made 0.1 from Naismith and 0.1m from dropping and (probably) buying back Rooney. Still hoping for a couple more rises before Saturday but now thinking about how my team will shape up, so here's the first draft.

Not keen on havig a super-cheap defence so I've gone for Azpi and two rotations - Sun/New and Stoke/Swansea. Also have Lloris in goal but might downgrade to Forster to free up another 0.5m.

In MF I aready have Sterling, Siggy and Rambo, but I've gone for Gerrard as my 4th mid. He's a FF machine and Liverpool have some tasty fixtures over the next while so I'm happy to double up on Liverpool for the moment.

Up front, I'm sticking with Costa and getting Rooney back in for tthe next couple of weeks anyway. I also think Welbeck is great value.

This leaves 2m in the bank, with the plan to upgrade Rooney to Aguero in a couple of weeks and then have a little bit to play with in midfield if need be.

Views?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

On a wildcard atm and have been trying to hitch myself to the very slow-moving bandwagons. Made 0.1 from Naismith and 0.1m from dropping and (probably) buying back Rooney. Still hoping for a couple more rises before Saturday but now thinking about how my team will shape up, so here's the first draft.

Not keen on havig a super-cheap defence so I've gone for Azpi and two rotations - Sun/New and Stoke/Swansea. Also have Lloris in goal but might downgrade to Forster to free up another 0.5m.

In MF I aready have Sterling, Siggy and Rambo, but I've gone for Gerrard as my 4th mid. He's a FF machine and Liverpool have some tasty fixtures over the next while so I'm happy to double up on Liverpool for the moment.

Up front, I'm sticking with Costa and getting Rooney back in for tthe next couple of weeks anyway. I also think Welbeck is great value.

This leaves 2m in the bank, with the plan to upgrade Rooney to Aguero in a couple of weeks and then have a little bit to play with in midfield if need be.

Views?

On WC too. Really like your team. That's a route I could have well followed.

But decided against Welbeck... for the moment. There are too many "uncertainties" (how will he fit in the team?, Arsenal tough run, Arsenal not in top form, losing gained £0.1m on my current strikers which could mean if I bring in Welbeck no easy way to get them back in, etc...) for me to pull the trigger on him. It's really my head against my heart here...

About your team, I like your defense. A good compromise between cheap and potentially solid. In midfield I would not keep Gerrard. Fab, Silva are better option for roughly the same price. Is Boyd guaranteed to start? King at Leicester is and is only £0.1m more expensive. And with these 2 moves you'd still have enough in bank for a Rooney -> Aguero/Sturridge/Falcao later switch ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

zj9fd3.jpg

Close to final WC team-
    Only two decisions at the minute are whether to upgrade Wilson to Pieters and downgrade Taylor-
    Take Rambo out for a week or two for gerard/ mata and move him back in in two weeks. Any other thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

Any opinions on this?
    The defence may be a little dodgy, but I intend to play a 3-4-3 every week, so two will be benched.

skippy15 wrote: »
    zj9fd3.jpg

Close to final WC team-
    Only two decisions at the minute are whether to upgrade Wilson to Pieters and downgrade Taylor-
    Take Rambo out for a week or two for gerard/ mata and move him back in in two weeks. Any other thoughts?

How much you have in bank?
    Upgrading Wilson to Pieters why not but not at the expense of downgrading Taylor. Think he could be a "must have" if Swansea keep their current form. And at £4.5m there's no huge risk taken on him.

The Ramsey move could work out, especially that Arsenal have a tough run coming up. The only thing is we don't really know how serious is his injury...

Other than that, nice team.
    burrenguy wrote: »
    Any opinions on this?
    The defence may be a little dodgy, but I intend to play a 3-4-3 every week, so two will be benched.

Right so you would rotate defenders?

2 questions though:
    1. Is Williams really worth £0.5m more than Taylor at Swansea?
    2. Is Janmatt really worth £0.5m more than Coloccini at Newcastle?
    Think you must save at least £0.5m here to allow a Falcao -> Aguero move if needed. And £0.5m would just allow you that. So the 2 moves might be wiser.

Overall strong enough looking team. We don't know how fit Falcao is and how he'd fit in his new team. I see that you tried spreading your players over most "top" teams so maybe a combined Silva->Mata + Falcao->Aguero would be safer for the coming GWs. Though with Mata dropping I can understand your choice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Looks like I've finally decided on my team!

Critique please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Chesty08 wrote: »

Too much tied up in defence. I'd downgrade Van Anholt to a 4.0mil. I think a Stoke defender is a great buy over the next while, but Shawcross is pretty pricey. Maybe downgrade to Pieters or Wilson? I actually have Ivan myself--intend to keep him until he stops scoring!

Your front line is obviously a little weak given the options and there's no City coverage, but that's your call! :) Welbeck could be a great signing but I don't know if he'll do much against City.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If you're going 4-4-2, the 2 should be two from Costa, Aguero, Falcao and Sturridge.

You need to figure a way to gey Aguero or Falcao(see how he plays first) into your team.

With a MF like that, Siggy is wasted on the bench - downgrade someone to help fund a better second striker.

Your starting XI are all at home this weekend.
    That's ok for the top players, but rotating your defenders(bar Ivanovic) will be tricky.
    I think you need to look at rotating defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Am on wildcard and have to settle on team by tomorrow am at 11am at latest as won't be near a computer after that till Sunday.
    Am looking long term with most players.
    Lloris. ( Myhill)
    Ivanovic. Shawcross Coloccini Clyne Janmaat
    Fabregas. Ramsey. Siggy. Puncheon. Dyer.
    Aguero. Costa. Naismith.
    0.0 in bank!
    Would be 3:4:3 most weeks.Longterm Plan -
    Might look at at a Man Utd defender maybe Jones in for Shawcross if their defending improves.Dyer and Puncheon offer a goal threat at lower end of price scale.Lloris has decent enough fixtures and is a steady keeper...no GK rotation.Is it bad idea to have two Toon defender?...I think Janmaat could be the Seamus Coleman of this year.
    Appreciate any constructive advice as tomorrow am will see me finalising WC.
    Will captain Costa this week and hope he starts.

I'd look at shawcross to Pieters and Janmaat to Taylor to save you a million. Play Ivanovic every week you then have swa sto rotation and new sou rotation for your other two spots. I'd downgrade dyer or puncheon to a 4.5 bench player and get wellbeck in for naismith. Personally don't like rotating attacking options so prefer to have a 4.5 cheapie. I think lloris is a great option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Am on wildcard and have to settle on team by tomorrow am at 11am at latest as won't be near a computer after that till Sunday.
    Am looking long term with most players.
    Lloris. ( Myhill)
    Ivanovic. Shawcross Coloccini Clyne Janmaat
    Fabregas. Ramsey. Siggy. Puncheon. Dyer.
    Aguero. Costa. Naismith.
    0.0 in bank!
    Would be 3:4:3 most weeks.Longterm Plan -
    Might look at at a Man Utd defender maybe Jones in for Shawcross if their defending improves.Dyer and Puncheon offer a goal threat at lower end of price scale.Lloris has decent enough fixtures and is a steady keeper...no GK rotation.Is it bad idea to have two Toon defender?...I think Janmaat could be the Seamus Coleman of this year.
    Appreciate any constructive advice as tomorrow am will see me finalising WC.
    Will captain Costa this week and hope he starts.
    I'd look at shawcross to Pieters and Janmaat to Taylor to save you a million. Play Ivanovic every week you then have swa sto rotation and new sou rotation for your other two spots. I'd downgrade dyer or puncheon to a 4.5 bench player and get wellbeck in for naismith. Personally don't like rotating attacking options so prefer to have a 4.5 cheapie. I think lloris is a great option.

I'd be in agreement with most of what busts says here but here is my two cents to add.
    It's clear that you have way too much invested in defence for three at the back strategy. Shawcross to Pieters if you like Stoke is good advice. Personally I'd ditch Shawcross and Janmaat for two 4m starters but you've made your case for Janmaat elsewhere. My way would give you 2.5m extra. I'd downgrade Puncheon or Dyer to a 4.5m starter. This will give you another 1-1.5m
    I'd go for Hazard over Fabregas, and I'd certainly upgrade Naismith if you plan on playing 3 strikers. Wellbeck is a good shout and you'll have your Arsenal coverage then to drop Ramsey:P. I reckon you'll have change to upgrade your fourth midfielder also.

And I'd prefer two 4.5 keepers to lloris.
    Long story short, change he defence to invest 2.5m elsewhere

• Advertisement

I'd be in agreement with most of what busts says here but here is my two cents to add.
    It's clear that you have way too much invested in defence for three at the back strategy. Shawcross to Pieters if you like Stoke is good advice. Personally I'd ditch Shawcross and Janmaat for two 4m starters but you've made your case for Janmaat elsewhere. My way would give you 2.5m extra. I'd downgrade Puncheon or Dyer to a 4.5m starter. This will give you another 1-1.5m
    I'd go for Hazard over Fabregas, and I'd certainly upgrade Naismith if you plan on playing 3 strikers. Wellbeck is a good shout and you'll have your Arsenal coverage then to drop Ramsey:P. I reckon you'll have change to upgrade your fourth midfielder also.

And I'd prefer two 4.5 keepers to lloris.
    Long story short, change he defence to invest 2.5m elsewhere
    Ye Id agree with wellbeck Id be inclined to drop ramsey in the short term until fixtures improve or with taking swipers defensive savings into account keep ramsey and upgrade naismith to ade instead of wellbeck. Moore and Duff are two 4 mil defs with good fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Played Wildcard........Just cant decide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Have played the wildcard and gone with this team. Would appreciate any suggestions.
    Krul Elliot
    Clyne Hutton Terry Taylor Wilson
    Fabregas King Ramsey Sterling Siggy
    Welbeck Costa Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Wild card in play and still trying to get a strong team

Krul £4.5

Clyne £5.0 Terry £6.5 Lovren £5.5

Ramsey £9.0 Fábregas £9.1 Sterling £8.7 Sigurdsson £6.5

Diouf £6.4 Diego Costa £10.5 Balotelli £10.0

BENCH : Elliot £4.0 Quinn £4.5 Wilson £4.5 Taylor £4.5

£0.8 in he bank

Just enough to upgrade Diouf £6.4 to Welbeck £7.0 when I need to .

Comments welcome with suggestions please

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Currently on WC (draft nº 729...):

Krul

Ivanovic | Wilson | PVA

Fabregas | Sterling | Siggy | Di Maria

Costa | Welbeck | Balotelli

Bench: Eliott | Moore | Duff | King

GK will provide no "headaches"!

In defense I'm still considering taylor (swansea)... pva out maybe?

Midfield will suffer no further changes! Going without rambo is dangerous... but really expecting Di Maria to carry MU on his sholders!

Previously I had Aguero up front (Arsenal Away & Chelsea H), ATM I'm leaning towards crazy-mario (Villa H & W.Ham Away) and keeping 2.1 in the bank, just in case straight swap is needed...

Opinions please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Raf32 wrote: »
    Have played the wildcard and gone with this team. Would appreciate any suggestions.
    Krul Elliot
    Welbeck Costa Aguero

I like it, but that may be coz i have an almost identical team. Welbeck and aguero dont have the nicest fixtures coming up but i think theyre good picks long term. I personally wouldnt go for newcastle defenders, theyve never been a solid side defensively and are prone to the odd thrashing. Some of their players are quite cheap this year and i was tempted to bring in a defender but conceding three goals at home to palace has turned me right off them. They do have nice fixtures coming up though.

For what its worth, my current selection is:

Bego hamer
    Taylor ivanovic duff moore pva
    Boyd fab ramsey sig sterling
    Costa welbeck aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Raf32 wrote: »
    Krul Elliot
    Welbeck Costa Aguero

A couple other points:

King might lose his place now that cambiasso and powell have been signed. Marney and jones of burnley could be better options at 4.5. Ive gone for boyd at 4.4 to have a spare .1 in the bank though i dont expect boyd to start this weekend. Im hoping he can get into the team as he seems to be a decent goal threat. Jones is probably the best pick of the 4.5s

Hutton has a horrible run of fixtures, it could be worth looking at other 4m options as hutton probably wont get a look in for the next five gws

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

thoughts on this
    courtois McCarthy
    moreno pieters PVA colocinni Moore
    di maria fabregas sterling siggy Boyd
    balotelli wellbeck falcao

.8 in the bank for balotelli to Costa in week or 2 if things go bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Been changing my team for the past two weeks on WC

Think I'm sticking with this (unless you can see any flaws):

Courtois (Gilks)

Evans-Lovren-Janmaat (Duff,Wisdom)

Di Maria VC - Fab-Siggy-Sterling ( King)

Balotelli-Welbeck-Costa (C)

Can you think of anywhere I can improve?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

CorkyLFC wrote: »
    Been changing my team for the past two weeks on WC

Think I'm sticking with this (unless you can see any flaws):

Courtois (Gilks)

Evans-Lovren-Janmaat (Duff,Wisdom)

Di Maria VC - Fab-Siggy-Sterling ( King)

Balotelli-Welbeck-Costa (C)

Can you think of anywhere I can improve?

Change Lovren to Moreno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Change Lovren to Moreno

My only thinking in Lovren to Moreno is games. Lovren is Liverpools no.1 defender and i cant see him being dislodged. With Enrique back I can see him and moreno being rotated but I can see where your coming from in terms of points

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

CorkyLFC wrote: »
    My only thinking in Lovren to Moreno is games. Lovren is Liverpools no.1 defender and i cant see him being dislodged. With Enrique back I can see him and moreno being rotated but I can see where your coming from in terms of points

I'm wondering the same. worried moreno might be rotated more BUT more likely for assist and then bonus points? also lovren ownership is dropping and Moreno's climbing quick. don't want to lose money on lovren.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

MR NINE wrote: »
    I like it, but that may be coz i have an almost identical team. Welbeck and aguero dont have the nicest fixtures coming up but i think theyre good picks long term. I personally wouldnt go for newcastle defenders, theyve never been a solid side defensively and are prone to the odd thrashing. Some of their players are quite cheap this year and i was tempted to bring in a defender but conceding three goals at home to palace has turned me right off them. They do have nice fixtures coming up though.

For what its worth, my current selection is:

Bego hamer
    Taylor ivanovic duff moore pva
    Boyd fab ramsey sig sterling
    Costa welbeck aguero
    MR NINE wrote: »
    A couple other points:

King might lose his place now that cambiasso and powell have been signed. Marney and jones of burnley could be better options at 4.5. Ive gone for boyd at 4.4 to have a spare .1 in the bank though i dont expect boyd to start this weekend. Im hoping he can get into the team as he seems to be a decent goal threat. Jones is probably the best pick of the 4.5s

Hutton has a horrible run of fixtures, it could be worth looking at other 4m options as hutton probably wont get a look in for the next five gws

I was debating Williamson but decided to leave it out of fear of him losing his spot. The only reason i went with thw two newcastle gks is in case Krul gets hurt. Is there any better options for 2 gks at the same club for 8.5 million? I like your selection, tempted to get PVA in now and maybe fix the backline a little more. Would Azpil be better value than Terry? I might get Boyd actually because all my team are starters bar elliot so mightnt hurt having the extra 0.1 to play with. Thank you!

On krul elliot Id hope for a clean sheet every 3 to 4 games for 8.5 you can't ask for much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

WC played

from DDG Baines Hutton Lovren Siggy Sterling Fabregas Silva Ramsey Rooney Dzeko (Myhill Dummett Ferdinand Sanogo)

to Krul Duff Moreno Van Aanholt Siggy Fabregas Di Maria Sterling Aguero Falcao Welbeck (Guzan Hutton Wasilewski Schneiderlin)

somehow i think ive ended up weaker after the WC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Finally arrived at this after playing WC

De Gea

Clyne Ivanovic Shawcross

DiMaria Fábregas Sterling Sigurdsson

Costa Balotelli Naismith

BENCH : Guzan, Rodwell, Hutton, wisdom

only missing an Arsenal player TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

On WC last draft,at a wedding so head hazy:),how does this look?
    Lloris
    Ivanovic. Pieters, Clyne
    Fabregas Siggy Ramsey. Quinn (hull)
    Aguero Costa Wellbeck
    Subs-Krul. Dyer Duff. Taylor ( Swansea)
    My main ? Would be does Krul rotate ok with Lloris??
    And Could I go for a better forward than Wellbeck on that price range?
    Costa would be captain this week with Fabregas as VC
    Thanks for any views on my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

WC played Here is the team

krul
    ivanovic Fonte Wilson
    Sterling Ramsey Sigurdsson Fabregas
    Naismith Costa Welbeck

Subs Guzan Dyer Duff Hutton

Team Value 96.6m
    in the bank 4.7m

WC played

from DDG Baines Hutton Lovren Siggy Sterling Fabregas Silva Ramsey Rooney Dzeko (Myhill Dummett Ferdinand Sanogo)

to Krul Duff Moreno Van Aanholt Siggy Fabregas Di Maria Sterling Aguero Falcao Welbeck (Guzan Hutton Wasilewski Schneiderlin)

somehow i think ive ended up weaker after the WC

Frontline is definitely better.
    MF is about the same at least for the 4 you're gonna play week in week out (about that, I think Schneiderlin is overpriced for a 5th MF role, I'd rather go for a £4.5m lad).
    Overall your strikeforce is better. I don't rate Sanogo (will he even play?).
    Defense is weaker alright. But I'd try and get a SWA-STO rotation, Taylor-Pieters for £9.5m or Taylor-Wilson for £9m in place of Hutton-Wasilewski. The former has horrible fixtures coming up and the latter doesn't play. By downgrading Schneiderlin you should have the cash for that.
    GK may be weaker but that remains to be proven.

So I would not say you ended up weaker, especially if you upgrade a tad your defense.
    Finally arrived at this after playing WC

De Gea

Clyne Ivanovic Shawcross

DiMaria Fábregas Sterling Sigurdsson

Costa Balotelli Naismith

BENCH : Guzan, Rodwell, Hutton, wisdom

only missing an Arsenal player TBH

Again Hutton has horrible fixtures coming. Can't you upgrade to Taylor? Maybe Pieters could make you save cash over Shawcross...
    Will you ever play Rodwell? If not he's too expensive for his bench fodder role. Get a £4.5m instead.

About the lack of an Arsenal player, how much have you got in bank? Can you upgrade Naismith to Welbeck without too many hits if needed? Or you can always get Ramsey for one of your big 3 MF.
    On WC last draft,at a wedding so head hazy:),how does this look?
    Lloris
    Ivanovic. Pieters, Clyne
    Fabregas Siggy Ramsey. Quinn (hull)
    Aguero Costa Wellbeck
    Subs-Krul. Dyer Duff. Taylor ( Swansea)
    My main ? Would be does Krul rotate ok with Lloris??
    And Could I go for a better forward than Wellbeck on that price range?
    Costa would be captain this week with Fabregas as VC
    Thanks for any views on my team.

They do rotate well.
    You have chosen a different route than many here (investing more on your keepers/defenders and "sacrificing" a big MF for 2 cheapies). Your defense is well balanced. It'll be interesting to see if ithis approach works out for you.
    dasa29 wrote: »
    WC played Here is the team

krul
    ivanovic Fonte Wilson
    Sterling Ramsey Sigurdsson Fabregas
    Naismith Costa Welbeck

Subs Guzan Dyer Duff Hutton

Team Value 96.6m
    in the bank 4.7m

Again Hutton has horrible fixtures coming. Unless you just plan on keeping him long term...
    Why Fonte? Clyne is £0.4m cheaper and seems to offer the same guarantees than Fonte, doesn't he?
    What's the thinking regarding your frontline? Afraid of injuries and you kept the cash for an upgrade from Welbeck?
    What about Dyer? Will you rotate him? He's too expensive for a bench fodder role.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Again Hutton has horrible fixtures coming. Unless you just plan on keeping him long term...
    Why Fonte? Clyne is £0.4m cheaper and seems to offer the same guarantees than Fonte, doesn't he?
    What's the thinking regarding your frontline? Afraid of injuries and you kept the cash for an upgrade from Welbeck?
    What about Dyer? Will you rotate him? He's too expensive for a bench fodder role.

With hutton I am thinking long term. I have not decided about the frontline yet so the cash is incase I need to change something, might change dyer in the future or change to a 3-5-2 if I get a cheap attacker. ok just had a look and you are right so have just changed fonte to clyne will see how it goes. now i have 5.1m in the bank

Advertisement