Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

CSF wrote: »
    Kate Upton > Fantasy Football

Nah probably not actually, but she is fairly decent

Solid at the back, two big men up front, great shape to the rest of the team. It's the lack of clean sheets that has me worried :pac:

Forgot to post my team....

321099.png

Ignore the two stoke defenders for the time being, replace the two of them with 2 players worth 10.5m of your choice.

Rotate zaha and boyd, play 3 of the back 5 based on fixtures. Gk is lloris.

I realise this falls into the category discussed above, but this it's my first attempt at getting 3 big guns up top. Dont think I'll pull the trigger because my current squad is decent enough, but opinions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Any thoughts on my current side, WC in play, made a few changes to my defence and brought in Aguero.. Hadn't planned for Aguero as I wanted to upgrade defence but he's too good not to have. Have had this midfield from that start. No money in the bank. Still not sure about my defence. Have one eye on Welbeck as well

Krul Myhill
    Pieters (too much at 5m?) Azpil Gibbs Lovren Moore

Sterling Fab Ram Prowse Siggy

Aguero Costa Anichibei

I know it's a predicable enough team.. I'm on my best start ever and want to keep going. Like most I'd be looking to usually always play 3 at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Forgot to post my team....

Ignore the two stoke defenders for the time being, replace the two of them with 2 players worth 10.5m of your choice.

Rotate zaha and boyd, play 3 of the back 5 based on fixtures. Gk is lloris.

I realise this falls into the category discussed above, but this it's my first attempt at getting 3 big guns up top. Dont think I'll pull the trigger because my current squad is decent enough, but opinions welcome.

Spending too much on defence I think. Plenty of 4.5 options about so you could use the spare cash to upgrade Zaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭bodking

Mannone £4.5 Krul £4.5
    Clyne £5.0 Williams £5.0 Wilson £4.5 Azpilicueta £6.0 Hutton £4.0
    Ramsey £9.0 Fábregas £9.1 Sterling £8.7 Sigurdsson £6.5 Boyd £4.4
    Diouf £6.4 Diego Costa £10.5 Falcao £11.0

BANK £ 0.9

Was thinking of getting Moreno 5.5 Instead of Williams .

Comments please .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

bodking wrote: »
    Mannone £4.5 Krul £4.5

BANK £ 0.9

Was thinking of getting Moreno 5.5 Instead of Williams .

Comments please .

I'd go with Naismith or someone 6.0 like Austin ahead of Diouf to be honest.

Looks a solid team other than that bar no Aguero.

I don't think Liverpool will keep enough clean sheets to justify the price of their defenders.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd go with Naismith or someone 6.0 like Austin ahead of Diouf to be honest.

Looks a solid team other than that bar no Aguero.

I don't think Liverpool will keep enough clean sheets to justify the price of their defenders.

Im taking a chance on Diouf , he has Leic at home and QPR away ill upgrade from there probably to Welbeck .

Still tinkering

From

Mannone £4.5 Krul £4.5

Bank 0.9

To

Mannone £4.5 Krul £4.5
    Ramsey £9.0 Fábregas £9.1 Di Maria £9.5 Sigurdsson £6.5 Boyd £4.4
    Diouf £6.4 Diego Costa £10.5 Balotelli £10.0

Bank 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

what do people think? Wildcard is in play this week so i can make changes.

Courtois

Manquillo,Yoshida,Coloccini

Ramsey,Sigurdsson, Fab, Sterling

Aguero,Welbeck,Diego Costa

Subs: Wisdom,Rio,Boyd

Bank: .6 million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

My team at the minute is:

Krul

Jones Lovren Chambers

Sterling Fabregas Siggy Ramsey

Rooney Costa Naismith

Subs: de Jong van Aanholt Bruce Myhill

Have 1.4m in the bank. Not going to play my WC unless there is a few injuries over the international break. Already used my FT to bring in Sterling for Mata but would rather have got rid of Chambers and de Jong who may be injured going by reports. Any suggestions? Doing OK so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My team at the minute is:

Krul

Jones Lovren Chambers

Sterling Fabregas Siggy Ramsey

Rooney Costa Naismith

Subs: de Jong van Aanholt Bruce Myhill

Have 1.4m in the bank. Not going to play my WC unless there is a few injuries over the international break. Already used my FT to bring in Sterling for Mata but would rather have got rid of Chambers and de Jong who may be injured going by reports. Any suggestions? Doing OK so far.

DeJong is out for months. You can replace him with Lamela maybe? Or someone cheap to sit on the bench (Dyer?).

Chambers might not play at all, you coud get Pieters or Chester.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

Currently sitting on 184 points so have had a good start thanks to lurking here. Had a poor year and finished at 94,000 last year but was at 1,000 the year before.

Krul - Elliott
    Wisdom - Duff - Hutton - Aanholt - Taylor
    Sterling - Ramsey - Fabregas - Sigurdsson - Isgrove
    Rooney - Costa - Sturridge

I had two transfers this week and did Chambers to Duff and Silva to Sterling.

My immediate concern is the injury to Sturridge. I have 0.9 million in the bank but not sure if I want to take a penalty transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Pipjam wrote: »
    Currently sitting on 184 points so have had a good start thanks to lurking here. Had a poor year and finished at 94,000 last year but was at 1,000 the year before.

Krul - Elliott
    Wisdom - Duff - Hutton - Aanholt - Taylor
    Sterling - Ramsey - Fabregas - Sigurdsson - Isgrove
    Rooney - Costa - Sturridge

I had two transfers this week and did Chambers to Duff and Silva to Sterling.

My immediate concern is the injury to Sturridge. I have 0.9 million in the bank but not sure if I want to take a penalty transfer.

I'd take a hit if Sturridge is out as your bench is very weak. I'd probably go with Falcao and then bring Aguero in next week for Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I've been playing around with transfers and the top 3 of Aguero, Falcao, and Costa. I think I'd rather sacrifice a fourth 9 mil mid instead of knobbling my defence entirely. I just can't bring myself to do it.

I'm looking at something like:
    Krul, (Gilks)
    Van Anholt, Terry, Pieters, (Moore, Taylor)
    Ramsey, Siggy, Sterling, Larsson, (Boyd)
    Costa, Falcao, Aguero.

Down the line, there's always the option of getting rid of Terry to strengthen the midfield. I haven't actually pulled the trigger on the wildcard yet, but it's tempting. Likely, I might give it another GW, until I see how Utd shape up and how Balotelli gets on. There's still an awful lot up in the air.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'd take a hit if Sturridge is out as your bench is very weak. I'd probably go with Falcao and then bring Aguero in next week for Rooney.

I might ride out next weekend and see which of Aguero or Falcoa look the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Currently in wc.. Looking at something like this. May have to remove Costa and Henderson due to injuries.

Guzan
    Taylor Ivanovic Janmaat
    Siggy Sterling Fabergas Hendo Ramsay
    Costa Aguero

Given Hutton Moore Naismith

Will possibly bring in either Rooney or RVP for Costa even if he's declared fit. A bit dissapointed my team value has stopped rising since last week, same for everyone I guess.

Im playing my WC

Myhill £4.0 Krul £4.5
    Clyne £5.0 Taylor £4.5 Wilson £4.5 Terry £6.5 Hutton £4.0
    Ramsey £9.0 Fábregas £9.1 Sterling £8.7 Sigurdsson £6.5 Schneiderlin £5.6

Bank £0.2

Comments , suggestions please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Im playing my WC

Myhill £4.0 Krul £4.5

Bank £0.2

Your perseveramce with Diouf is praiseworthy :D. Could be your stroke of genius.
    Other than that it's a strong team.
    Schneiderlin is unproven but noone really offers strong guarantees in the £5.5m MF bracket and I can understand you prefer him to a £4.5m MF in case Diouf doesn't make you a genius :p.
    So overall, there's only one main change I'd recommend. Since you go with a non playing £4.0m second GK I'd go for Elliot who's Krul's replacement at Newcastle.

Im playing my WC

Myhill £4.0 Krul £4.5

Bank £0.2

Sneiderlin is not a good pick as he is a defensive mid and he's going to be a waste of money sitting on your bench anyway. Downgrade him to a cheaper mid and I'd consider upgrading Diouf to Welbeck with the extra cash but Diouf is not a bad pick over the next few fixtures so that's up to you. It's a good team overall though.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Any opinions??

Currenty with WC activated (0.2 in the bank):

Krul (Eliott)

Ivanovic | Kaboul | Wilson (Wisdom+Moore)

Fabregas | Sterling | Ramsey | Siggy (Marney)

Welbeck | Aguero | Costa

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    Your perseveramce with Diouf is praiseworthy :D. Could be your stroke of genius.
    Other than that it's a strong team.
    Schneiderlin is unproven but noone really offers strong guarantees in the £5.5m MF bracket and I can understand you prefer him to a £4.5m MF in case Diouf doesn't make you a genius :p.
    So overall, there's only one main change I'd recommend. Since you go with a non playing £4.0m second GK I'd go for Elliot who's Krul's replacement at Newcastle.

I was going to go with Elliot but foster has a thumb injury and was sent home from the England squad so Myhill may play if not Krul will . Diouf has 2 good fixtures and is a bit of a risk but so is Falcao as he has never played Premier footy and my need settling in , was seriously thinking of baloteli he looked good at the spurs match . Decisions decisions .

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Sneiderlin is not a good pick as he is a defensive mid and he's going to be a waste of money sitting on your bench anyway. Downgrade him to a cheaper mid and I'd consider upgrading Diouf to Welbeck with the extra cash but Diouf is not a bad pick over the next few fixtures so that's up to you. It's a good team overall though.

Schneiderlin did score 2 in his last match but i may look at alternatives , Arsenal ( Welbeck ) have some hard games coming up so its a gamble either way imo .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I was going to go with Elliot but foster has a thumb injury and was sent home from the England squad so Myhill may play if not Krul will . Diouf has 2 good fixtures and is a bit of a risk but so is Falcao as he has never played Premier footy and my need settling in , was seriously thinking of baloteli he looked good at the spurs match . Decisions decisions .

Will you play Myhill? If not, then I would go with Elliot.
    I doubt Foster will be out for long.
    So that could leave you stuck in a couple of weeks when Foster is back and if Krul got injured.

I'd hate to have to use a transfer on my sub keeper down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

bezuaua wrote: »
    Any opinions??

Currenty with WC activated (0.2 in the bank):

Krul (Eliott)

Ivanovic | Kaboul | Wilson (Wisdom+Moore)

Fabregas | Sterling | Ramsey | Siggy (Marney)

Welbeck | Aguero | Costa

I like it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Been messing with my WC all day and have come up with this, I like the look of it.

Any opinions?

Guzan (Myhill)
    Azpilicueta Pieters Coloccini (Wisdom)(Chester)
    Ramsey Siggy Sterling Fabregas (Quinn)
    Costa Aguero Welbeck

0.5 left in the bank - No United coverage is a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nib wrote: »
    Been messing with my WC all day and have come up with this, I like the look of it.

Any opinions?

Guzan (Myhill)
    Azpilicueta Pieters Coloccini (Wisdom)(Chester)
    Ramsey Siggy Sterling Fabregas (Quinn)
    Costa Aguero Welbeck

0.5 left in the bank - No United coverage is a worry.

guzan.......look at their next 5 fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bah, I hate wildcards. Only contemplating playing it next week and my head is wrecked already.

Currently have

Courtois (Gilks)
    Clyne, PvA, Hutton, Caulker, Coloccini
    Fab, Ramsey, Mata, Siggy, Albrighton
    Rooney, Costa, Jovetic

Assuming Costa is fit for sake of argument, I still probably need or could do with moving Caulker, Mata, Albrighton, Jovetic and Rooney in the short to medium term. When I'm at it would probably change 1 or maybe 2 more.

Ignoring the whole price changes/ team value headache, would I just be being stubborn trying to tough it out with a couple of 4 point hits over the next couple of weeks to head towards the team I want?

Deciding to play it or not will obviously massively influence my transfers this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any opinions or recommendations?

Schneiderlin did score 2 in his last match but i may look at alternatives , Arsenal ( Welbeck ) have some hard games coming up so its a gamble either way imo .

He did but I wouldnt be surprised if he didn't score again this season. He averages a goal every 20 games for Southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Any thought on this team lads?

Courtois
    Evans-Wilson-Moreno
    Sterling-Ramsey-Fabregas-Siggy-Henderson
    Falcao-Costa

Myhill-Duff-Taylor-Naismith

0.2 left in the bank.

or change the backline to :

Krul / Mannone
    Clyne Evans Azpilicueta (Wilson, Duff)