Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I wouldn't be hot on Wickham either, but I would bow to your knowledge on all things Sunderland. Their start just seems tricky enough. I've got Austin in as my own 6.0 forward right now and not overly happy myself.
    I currently have Wickham over Austin as well just because QPR don't score that many goals. Austin will probably score most of them though so could be in line for some nice 9 pointers in low scoring matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

FHFC wrote: »
    FHFC team and insight

It's a good team, I really like it.

Hull do have a very nice start but I'd be slightly wary of their players due to rotation because of the Europa League and the fact that smaller clubs in those competitions tend to struggle a lot with the Thursday/Sunday games. Taylor at Swansea and Cameron at Stoke (though there are questions over him as a starter too) are other defenders you may want to look in to. Upson may not start, there's 3 players battling for Leicester's 2 CB spots at the minute. There's no £4.0m defender with a guarantee of playing at the minute though so that could be easily changed when we know more and I'm sure everyone is the same boat there.

Similar to yourself, I had to make a decision on Sanchez or Ramsey. I think Ramsey will play a little deeper this year though as one of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1, so that was one of the reasons I preferred Sanchez, but that's conjecture on my part. I'm sure Ramsey will contribute a lot too. As you say, he's not a bad alternative.

Van Persie (I had to settle for Rooney after going for Sanchez) and Dzeko are spot on. Again, I'd be wary of Hull players. No one is really sure of who the best £6.0m or less striker is the one to have at the minute though, so again we're all in the same boat there. It may be Jelavic! It could be Wickham (or even Fletcher if he starts), Austin, Ings, etc etc.

Overall, a very good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    It's a good team, I really like it.

Hull do have a very nice start but I'd be slightly wary of their players due to rotation because of the Europa League and the fact that smaller clubs in those competitions tend to struggle a lot with the Thursday/Sunday games. Taylor at Swansea and Cameron at Stoke (though there are questions over him as a starter too) are other defenders you may want to look in to. Upson may not start, there's 3 players battling for Leicester's 2 CB spots at the minute. There's no £4.0m defender with a guarantee of playing at the minute though so that could be easily changed when we know more and I'm sure everyone is the same boat there.

Similar to yourself, I had to make a decision on Sanchez or Ramsey. I think Ramsey will play a little deeper this year though as one of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1, so that was one of the reasons I preferred Sanchez, but that's conjecture on my part. I'm sure Ramsey will contribute a lot too. As you say, he's not a bad alternative.

Van Persie (I had to settle for Rooney after going for Sanchez) and Dzeko are spot on. Again, I'd be wary of Hull players. No one is really sure of who the best £6.0m or less striker is the one to have at the minute though, so again we're all in the same boat there. It may be Jelavic! It could be Wickham (or even Fletcher if he starts), Austin, Ings, etc etc.

Overall, a very good team.

Thanks. Wonder would it be worth cheaping out completely on third striker to get Sanchez. Hadn't been thinking about Hull re Europa, have a feeling Jelly is due a good season to finally follow up on the promise he initially showed after he signed for Everton and should hopefully have pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

latest draft:
    Speroni Green, Chico Terry Shaw Vertonghen Wisdom, Eriksen Silva Hazard Ramsey Shelvey, Giroud Pelle/Remy Weimann

Like alot i'm sacrificing up top to get a better midfield, and defense looks pretty snazz too. Most likely tho i'll mess it all up with 10 mins to go til kick off and have my usual attrocious GW1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Thanks. Wonder would it be worth cheaping out completely on third striker to get Sanchez. Hadn't been thinking about Hull re Europa, have a feeling Jelly is due a good season to finally follow up on the promise he initially showed after he signed for Everton and should hopefully have pens.

I like your team. It's one of the strongest I've seen too. I'm not overly worried about Jelavic and the Europa League. I can see Bruce keeping his best side for the PL. I don't think he'll be overly fussed with the Europa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I like your team. It's one of the strongest I've seen too. I'm not overly worried about Jelavic and the Europa League. I can see Bruce keeping his best side for the PL. I don't think he'll be overly fussed with the Europa.

I'll also be monitoring Pelle very closely preseason. Tempted to take a fixtures punt on him over Dzeko as a potential early differential and bandwagon. Allowing Sanchez for Ramsey too.

City have a tough start and Saints a hany one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm not worried about Arsenal players until I watch the community shield. That game should show how Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey and Giroud play and which 2 of them to pick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm strongly thinking of bringing in both Pelle and Tadic. Really think they could be a great pairing and the Saints have a decent start to the season. They lost Lallana and Lambert from their attacking line up but I think the new pairing could be an improvement. Both great differentials...

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Latest Draft ( of many till W1 )

Foster - Krul
    Ferdinand - Pocognoli - Vlaar - Chambers - Bruce
    Yaya - Hazard - Mata - Eriksen - Henderson
    Sturridge - Giroud - Bent

3-5-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Ok heres my latest draft, I kinda like it. I think ward is a better choice than Dawson, Crystal palace will keep a lot of clean sheets at home. Not happy I had to drop De Gea but Krul and Manonne should be a good rotation. I could drop Terry for Luis Felipe and get De Gea back.

There are a lot of Midfielders for 9m and I could drop Sanchez for a Ramsey, Fabregas or Silva but I just get the feeling sanchez is going to hit the ground running at arsenal

Dropped Tadic for Sigourdsson for a saving of 1.5m which has aloowed me to upgrade to dzeko, over all I think its anicely balanced team. Subs are rubbish though except for the keeper

What do you think guys?

shirt_17_1.png

Mannone WBA (A)

shirt_4.png

Terry BUR (A)

shirt_5.png

Ward ARS (A)

shirt_1.png

Debuchy CRY (H)

shirt_12.png

de Jong MCI (H)

shirt_11.png

Mata SWA (H)

shirt_1.png

Sánchez CRY (H)

shirt_15.png

Sigurdsson WHU (A)

shirt_15.png

Eriksen WHU (A)

shirt_11.png

van Persie SWA (H)

shirt_10.png

Dzeko NEW (A)

shirt_12_1.png

Krul MCI (H)

shirt_20.png

Vaz Te TOT (H)

shirt_8.png

Upson EVE (H)

shirt_3.png

Duff CHE (H)

• Advertisement

Those long posts hurt my brain (and my scrolling finger)... post it in the normal format!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

2nd Draft-
    GK- De Gea & Krul
    Def- Sakho, Debuchy, Jones, Cameron, Wisdom (WBA)
    Mid- Mata, Sanchez, Eriksen, Ramsey, Albrighton
    Fwd- Remy, Soldado, Dzeko
    Happy out. Having thoughts about remy if he moves to LFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

@shadowcomplex

It's a good team but when the only player on your bench that will start is your goalkeeper you'll get into trouble sooner rather than later. Salvaging 1.0 from your team to upgrade your bench would be something I'd look into

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

roryc wrote: »
    I'm strongly thinking of bringing in both Pelle and Tadic. Really think they could be a great pairing and the Saints have a decent start to the season. They lost Lallana and Lambert from their attacking line up but I think the new pairing could be an improvement. Both great differentials...

Lambert and Lallana had very good seasons last year so that's a big ask. Have you seen much of these 2 new lads or are you basing it off stats? I'm tempted to take a chance on one of them too but might wait to see them in action or at least see a few pre-season results.

Possibly a bit of an over reliance on 'new' players, but I like this team. Doubling up on Chelsea defence has been worthwhile in the past.

10711lx.png
    Dearg81 wrote: »
    Lambert and Lallana had very good seasons last year so that's a big ask. Have you seen much of these 2 new lads or are you basing it off stats? I'm tempted to take a chance on one of them too but might wait to see them in action or at least see a few pre-season results.

Watched a bit of Tadic, never saw Pelle play. Their stats are very impressive though, and they seem to be playing well in pre-season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

14693277656_f013c7f5a5_z.jpg

Latest draft:
    Krul/Mannone rotate all season.

Three Utd players because of relatively easy opening sequence and no european football.
    Not sure why I have three Arsenal players but, Debuchy @ 5.5 is a must imo. Hopefully Sanchez and Giroud work well together.

Wouldn't mind getting a Chelsea/City player in, but can't afford it. :(

I want Sanchez and RVP in at start - if they perform, happy days.
    If they don't I can get in the players that get off to a flyer.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

My current draft:

wf0Owv4.png

I'm spending a lot on defence currently but Ward rotates well with Debuchy's tough early season fixtures. Am also worried about captain choices because Hazard never convinces me as a week-in, week-out choice. Arnie, Sigurdsson, and Wickham will compete for two places unless l play four defenders (unlikely).
    roryc wrote: »
    Watched a bit of Tadic, never saw Pelle play. Their stats are very impressive though, and they seem to be playing well in pre-season.
    It will be interesting to see who is on penalties since both scored a fair bit from the spot last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

De Gea - Given

Filipe Luis - Debuchy - Wisdom - Trippier - Targett

Hazard - Sanchez - de Jong - Barkley - El Ahmadi

Van Persie - Nugent - Dzeko

RMT please

De Gea - Given

Filipe Luis - Debuchy - Wisdom - Trippier - Targett

Hazard - Sanchez - de Jong - Barkley - El Ahmadi

Van Persie - Nugent - Dzeko

RMT please

Nugent will be limited due to Ulloa as mentioned before, must be some way you can improve El ahmadi? albrighton 4.5 a better option..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Tweaking:
    De Gea,
    Debuchy, Terry, Vlaar.
    Silva, Eriksen, Mata, Sánchez (maybe Rambo instead!)
    Austin, Dzeko, Costa.

Thooooughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Second draft, still needs some work but I'm getting closer.

Mannone
    Mert, Shaw, Vlaar, Shawcross
    Ramsey, Eriksen, Mata, Sterling
    Costa, Sturridge

Given, Bruce, Albrighton, Zamora.

Tweaking:
    De Gea,
    Debuchy, Terry, Vlaar.
    Silva, Eriksen, Mata, Sánchez (maybe Rambo instead!)
    Austin, Dzeko, Costa.

Thooooughts?

Upgrade Vlaar.. better around for 4.5, unsure on Costa, risk & reward job

Well then this looks very good on paper to me

2ibj2fr.jpg

Yes the bench is sketchy, I'm no fan of Dzeko and I'm putting all my eggs in a defensive Harry basket but it's a more effective use of the Costa funds up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mr.Prodston's team and insight

Nice team mate.

I wouldn't be a fan at all of QPR goalkeepers though. I don't think you'll get many clean sheets out of QPR. Their defense at present is largely old and slow and will leak goals IMO.

Would you consider downgrading Arnaoutovic to someone like Sigurdsson, that way you could get two £4.5m goalkeepers or even if you stick with the QPR goalkeepers you could upgrade Davies to a Debuchy for example? I think that would make it a more balanced side, but that's just my opinion.

I absolutely love the strikeforce. It's the ideal one to go with at present for me, though not easily manageable.

Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Well then this looks very good on paper to me

2ibj2fr.jpg

Yes the bench is sketchy, I'm no fan of Dzeko and I'm putting all my eggs in a defensive Harry basket but it's a more effective use of the Costa funds up front.

Ramsey :eek:

I lolled.

I lolled.

Why?

Paully D wrote: »
    Nice team mate.

I wouldn't be a fan at all of QPR goalkeepers though. I don't think you'll get many clean sheets out of QPR. Their defense at present is largely old and slow and will leak goals IMO.

Would you consider downgrading Arnaoutovic to someone like Sigurdsson, that way you could get two £4.5m goalkeepers or even if you stick with the QPR goalkeepers you could upgrade Davies to a Debuchy for example? I think that would make it a more balanced side, but that's just my opinion.

I absolutely love the strikeforce. It's the ideal one to go with at present for me, though not easily manageable.

Good job.

Cheers man. Well I wouldn't be ecstatic about QPR's defensive capabilities either :pac: but Ferdinand is in and it looks like Caulker might be arriving too. If as I think busts mentioned that they might go with 3/5 at the back then they might try and keep things tight at the back especially if they won't be free scoring.

Yeah there's a bit of scope to re-jig a few players. I thought about Siggy but one of him and Bony would probably be enough. I've got a soft spot for Snodgrass though and Hull have a good start before the Europa league kicks in.

I really don't trust Dzeko though, I can't emphasise it enough but there just aren't too many alternatives knocking around yet. I think we all just see the Man City jersey and assume subconciously that it will mean goals :pac:

I lolled.

All is forgiven with Rambo. I brought him in for the Hull game towards the end of last season when a lot didn't and he went nuts. Oh how good that felt :D

I was a stubborn git last year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mr. P, if you're not happy with Dzeko, would you consider Giroud instead?

• Advertisement

Mr. P, if you're not happy with Dzeko, would you consider Giroud instead?

I don't trust him either :pac: He's grand, I don't have the hate for him like some do but if I were going to captain either of the 2 it'd be Dzeko. I like my forwards to have the ability to be explosive (i.e capable of a couple of goals a game) if I'm paying more than 7.0 for them.

Getting Sanchez into that team would be something I'll be plotting next I'd say.

Advertisement