Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

CSF wrote: »
    He is if he becomes a regular starter in the middle, but with Mata/Rooney around that's too unlikely.

So much up in the air at United at the moment that its almost impossible to pick players yet..... De Vrij in? Vermaelem in? Cavani in? Rooney out? Expected formation????

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rosco79 wrote: »
    So much up in the air at United at the moment that its almost impossible to pick players yet..... De Vrij in? Vermaelem in? Cavani in? Rooney out? Expected formation????

I'm going for Shaw and RVP. Both guaranteed to play IMO.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm going for Shaw and RVP. Both guaranteed to play IMO.

Going with RVP myself and hopefully Raphael if dust settles on an advanced wing back set up....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,899 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Van Persie and De Gea for me probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

CSF wrote: »
    Van Persie and De Gea for me probably.

Didn't have RVP last season wont have him this one either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I have been having dilemas trying to decide what players to play so gonna cheat and double up on two chelsea defenders azpi and terry and costa till I see what way teams line up. Gw1 line up

Schmeichel

Shaw. Terry. Azpil. Debuchy

Sanchez. Arnie. Mata.

Costa. Neugent. Dzecho.

Subs. Speroni. Tadic. Wisdom. Albrighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I have been having dilemas trying to decide what players to play so gonna cheat and double up on two chelsea defenders azpi and terry and costa till I see what way teams line up. Gw1 line up

Schmeichel

Shaw. Terry. Azpil. Debuchy

Sanchez. Arnie. Mata.

Costa. Neugent. Dzecho.

Subs. Speroni. Tadic. Wisdom. Albrighton.

Not too keen on Mata @9.0, would rather have Erikson @ 8.0.
    I think Sanchez @ 10.5 is a huge risk. Ramsey @9.0 does a lot more for me, or Silva or even Cesc if you were to change a defender. Same with Costa... I'd much rather Hazard @ 10.0. Are you committed to Tadic/Costa? I think Hazard over Sanchez is a no brainer, you could do something like this:

Sanchez -> Hazard: +0.5m
    Mata -> Erikson: +1.0m
    Costa -> Giroud: +2.0m
    Tadic out for Johnson (6.5) or De Jong (7.0): +0.5/1.0m.
    Now with that 4.0/4.5 mil you have a lot more options. You could get RVP for dzeko or giroud and have 0.5 left over to get a 6.0 forward (at a glance 5.5 is really limited).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Gatame wrote: »
    Not too keen on Mata @9.0, would rather have Erikson @ 8.0.
    I think Sanchez @ 10.5 is a huge risk. Ramsey @9.0 does a lot more for me, or Silva or even Cesc if you were to change a defender. Same with Costa... I'd much rather Hazard @ 10.0. Are you committed to Tadic/Costa? I think Hazard over Sanchez is a no brainer, you could do something like this:

Sanchez -> Hazard: +0.5m
    Mata -> Erikson: +1.0m
    Costa -> Giroud: +2.0m
    Tadic out for Johnson (6.5) or De Jong (7.0): +0.5/1.0m.
    Now with that 4.0/4.5 mil you have a lot more options. You could get RVP for dzeko or giroud and have 0.5 left over to get a 6.0 forward (at a glance 5.5 is really limited).

Ramsey was lethal running onto ozils through balls but sanchez has a 25-30% conversion rate. I dont think giroud will start. I will not be leaving sanchez out at any cost.

Rvp has hollow legs made out of glue and lollipop sticks. He has had one injury free season in years. Its not if but when he will break down. I think dzeko will outscore him over the season simply by playing.

I dont trust spurs till they have a settled team. Soldado is on pens so think he is the safest bet.

Had cesc but have my three chelsea. They had 18 cleanies last year and have soft fixtures. Dont trust their midfield with rotation. I think Cesc is a good call. Costa will be chelseas #1 forward and 27 goals last season in la liga says it all really. He will also displace hazard on spot kicks. I think hazard will suffer a big drop and between him and cesc in the hole cesc is better value.

De jong is untested. Ajax are not PL standard, plus its newcastle, and their opening fixture is Man City. He is overpriced if anything but could come good. Same with tadic, but can downgrade if I have to.

Mata is a maybe but if he plays in his proper position he will be gold, can downgrade him and upgrade dzeko to Rooney but will keep an eye on preseason first to see what way the wind is blowing. I like dzeko though. He scores goals and is the starting striker with augerio.

Nugent is on free kicks and penos and corners on a team that ran away with the championship. He is unbelievable value at 5.5 imo

Had cesc but have my three chelsea. They had 18 cleanies last year and have soft fixtures. Dont trust their midfield with rotation. I think Cesc is a good call. Costa will be chelseas #1 forward and 27 goals last season in la liga says it all really. He will also displace hazard on spot kicks. I think hazard will suffer a big drop and between him and cesc in the hole cesc is better value.

Nuegent is on free kicks and penos and corners on a team that ran away with the championship. He is unbelievable value at 5.5 imo

Wouldnt fancy Hazard myself, poor finish to last season including being singled out for the CL exit which was followed up by an anonymous WC. Assuming Cesc nails down that No.10 role he should chip in with a decent number of goals and is an assist machine.....

Given the difficulty of the opening Leicester games Im thinking of going with Wickham to start the season and then switching to Nugent, agree though Nugent looks serious value.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

if a player moves from one pl club to another can fpl bunk up their price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

bicboy6666 wrote: »

Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

bicboy6666 wrote: »

No, their price is set once the game goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ramsey was lethal running onto ozils through balls but sanchez has a 25-30% conversion rate. I dont think giroud will start. I will not be leaving sanchez out at any cost.

Rvp has hollow legs made out of glue and lollipop sticks. He has had one injury free season in years. Its not if but when he will break down. I think dzeko will outscore him over the season simply by playing.

I dont trust spurs till they have a settled team. Soldado is on pens so think he is the safest bet.

De jong is untested. Ajax are not PL standard, plus its newcastle, and their opening fixture is Man City. He is overpriced if anything but could come good. Same with tadic, but can downgrade if I have to.

Mata is a maybe but if he plays in his proper position he will be gold, can downgrade him and upgrade dzeko to Rooney but will keep an eye on preseason first to see what way the wind is blowing. I like dzeko though. He scores goals and is the starting striker with augerio.

Nugent is on free kicks and penos and corners on a team that ran away with the championship. He is unbelievable value at 5.5 imo
    I can't see any reason why Chelsea would take hazard off penos and I didn't watch Leicester last year but couldn't imagine nugent being on free kicks and corners. A lot of his goals last year were pens and I can't imagine him being prolific in the Prem he struggled to get his game last time with burnley. Leicester have also been chasing a Brighton striker for 7 million.

I can't see any reason why Chelsea would take hazard off penos and I didn't watch Leicester last year but couldn't imagine nugent being on free kicks and corners. A lot of his goals last year were pens and I can't imagine him being prolific in the Prem he struggled to get his game last time with burnley. Leicester have also been chasing a Brighton striker for 7 million.

Nugent was also a massive failure at Pompey after a 6 million move. I wouldn't have much faith in him to be honest.

Most potential line-ups I've seen for Chelsea have Fabregas playing back as part of the sitting two midfielders alongside Matic with Hazard, Willian and Oscar ahead of them in a 4-2-3-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Most potential line-ups I've seen for Chelsea have Fabregas playing back as part of the sitting two midfielders alongside Matic with Hazard, Willian and Oscar ahead of them in a 4-2-3-1.

If we/I learned anything from last season it's that this shouldn't be a problem. He's basically Ramsey/Yaya 2.0 who will move further forward later in games if a goal is needed and make runs into the box from deep earlier in games too.

And boy did I learn that the hard way.

If we/I learned anything from last season it's that this shouldn't be a problem. He's basically Ramsey/Yaya 2.0 who will move further forward later in games if a goal is needed and make runs into the box from deep earlier in games too.

And boy did I learn that the hard way.

I'd be wary with Chelsea though. Mourinho is alot more defensive and rigid than most managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'd be wary with Chelsea though. Mourinho is alot more defensive and rigid than most managers.

That's true, but that also offers up the +point bonus for a midfielder cleansheet too, am I right? You're almost gauranteed to be making points off the 90mins + clean sheet with Chelsea, as opposed to 90mins alone with another midfielder.

With Fabregas at 9m, would Mata be a better option? Does a team need a Chelsea midfielder in it?

MagicIRL wrote: »
    That's true, but that also offers up the +point bonus for a midfielder cleansheet too, am I right? You're almost gauranteed to be making points off the 90mins + clean sheet with Chelsea, as opposed to 90mins alone with another midfielder.

With Fabregas at 9m, would Mata be a better option? Does a team need a Chelsea midfielder in it?

I'm giving Hazard a go myself. He tapered off towards the end of last season but he was unplayable in some matches.

I'm giving Hazard a go myself. He tapered off towards the end of last season but he was unplayable in some matches.

He had a very, very poor world cup. It's a big risk spending the 10m on him.

• Advertisement

He had a very, very poor world cup. It's a big risk spending the 10m on him.

So did Cristiano Ronaldo. I still expect him to score at least 40/50 goals next season.

Judging players just on the WC is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Thinking of taking a chance with a 4.0 keeper. I think De Gea at 5.5 is a bargain especially with United's start. I don't think he missed a game last season and if he is a doubt you can transfer him out. I think it's worth the risk that he won't get injured. Is their any 4.0 keepers who will start i am not sure.

Goalkeepers
    So De Gea 5.5 and Myhill 4.0 us 9.5 for Keepers

Defenders
    Shaw i think is a must at 6.0. LVG will have United very solid like Holland. I also think United will play narrower with Shaw offering the width from the left like Blind for Holland. He scored 134 last season and i think with United he will score a good bit more.

Debuchy at 5.5 is a bargain for a defender who is going to a side who will keep clean sheets. I am unsure on his attacking qualities.

Terry or Cahill at 6.5. With Matic sitting deep i don't see Chelsea conceding many next season. Both score goals also i am unsure of which to put in.

I will play 3-4-3 so i am looking at two defenders for 4.0 once one of them is a definite starter. Looks like Wisdom will move to West Brom and should start at 4.0. I don't know of any other defenders starting for 4.0 maybe people could help. Again once i have four starters fitting three spots for me i am happy to take a risk. It is unlikely to have two defenders missing.

So Shaw 6.0, Debuchy 5.5, Terry 6.5, Wisdom 4.0 and Upson 4.0 = 26.0

So for Keepers and Defenders then 35.5 million which i think is cheap and risky.

I think Spurs should build around Eriksen and i think under Pochettino like Lalanna last season he will flourish under attacking football.

I think Mirallas at 7.5 is probably a must. He will score loads of goals and assists for Everton.

I think Ozil at 9.0 is the best option for the 9.0 midfielders. With Sanchez coming in he should be in his favorite position behind the striker. Look at him for Madrid he is an assist machine and will do better in his second season. I would rather him for 9.0 than Sanchez at 10.5 who could take time to settle.

The strikers is my biggest dilemma their is not much standing out to me. Their are doubts about the big names imo. Will RVP and Aguero keep there fitness. Will Sturridge move central if not Remy at 7.5 is a bargain. Negredo is out for a few months Dzeko is 8.5 and will surely be a first team regular.

With Davies looking like going to Spurs 5.0 could be a bargain. Here is a rough draft which i quite like.

De Gea
    Myhill

Shaw
    Terry
    Davies
    Wisdom
    Lafferty

Ozil
    Hazard
    Mata
    Davis
    Mirallas

Remy
    Dzeko
    Giroud

Midfield looks very weak imo. Ozil and Mirallas are very hot and cold, Hazard didn't have the best of seasons either. Mata looked to be in good form once settled at United, but the season ended soon after.

Midfield looks very weak imo. Ozil and Mirallas are very hot and cold, Hazard didn't have the best of seasons either. Mata looked to be in good form once settled at United, but the season ended soon after.
    Sorry what ? Only Suarez Gerrard & Yaya outscored Hazard last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

First draft. Just wondering what ye think of going for a cheap defence in order to spend heavily of midfield and attack. is it too much of a risk?

De Gea (Myhill)

Flanagan, Vlaar, Fonte, (Bruce, Upson)

Sanchez, Oscar, Eriksen, Mata, (Brady)

Lambert, Rooney, Giroud

Is Ozil really hot and cold he scored 144 last season despite being out of position. With Sanchez in he can move central and will be better in his second season. Does he also take frees and penalties?

Mirallas is only 7.5 and scores and assists regularly. For 7.5 you are guaranteed 100+ from him imo.

Hazard was one of the highest scorers last season. He will have penalties, frees and a world class striker to assist this season. He will score very high imo.

First draft. Just wondering what ye think of going for a cheap defence in order to spend heavily of midfield and attack. is it too much of a risk?

De Gea (Myhill)

Lambert, Rooney, Giroud

I don't think your defence will score very highly. Ben Davies is going to Spurs who will be solid and is the same price as Flanagan who i don't think will be a regular.

I would also be surprised if Lambert is a regular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

De Gea (Myhill)

Lambert, Rooney, Giroud

Why Flanagan in the mix?

There are other 5m defenders who are more likely to play and keep a clean sheet.
    The midfield looks very strong, but I would have my doubts about Lambert tbh. Rooney might play deeper too, as in last season.

Advertisement