Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's be honest - It's money time...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Yes my friends... This is squeaky bottom time.

Poor old Spike is getting a nice payday for his troubles, he will dust himself down and continue making a nice living from the sport.

Callum Smith is no Sugar Ray Leonard, I think he is quite beatable, but Rocky won't be the man to do it.

The Christmas Cracker is as risk free as humanely possible... My only minor concern would be that Povetkin gets his whiskers ruffled by a rogue punch thrown by the downtrodden Wach...

A 25/1 punt on a dead cert, it's like money in the bank!

Now... No more feelings of insecurity, stop the worrying. Place your money where the Guru tells you (Ok formerly known as the Guru)

Last hour for getting on the pigs back..... Don't be crying like a wussy when your eating dry toast, and drinking cheap sherry on Christmas morning... Have faith my little mince pies... This is going to be oh so easy......

So... That's the Christmas Cracker off to a great start!

As predicted, Povetkin succumbed to a rogue punch in the forth round... His left eye opened up with blood streaming down his face...

But fear thee not my little fluffy hamsters, I have provided insurance to accompany this years mega wager...

Did I not get the blessings of St Jude, and the good reverend Father Dick Long??

The patron Saint of Gamblers (St Jude), made sure the corner men fixed his eye before coming out for the fifth - Not as much as a drop of claret for the rest of the fight.... Did we witness a miracle???

My little jelly bottys.... With luck like this, we can rest assured that the good days are coming.. Destiny has rolled its dice for us, and come up lucky number seven!

Next stop is this weekend, when Callum Smith & Dessert Storm will be looking after the business end of this years Christmas Cracker!!

Onwards and Upwards Fur Ball's!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

flanna01 wrote: »
    So... That's the Christmas Cracker off to a great start!

As predicted, Povetkin succumbed to a rogue punch in the forth round... His left eye opened up with blood streaming down his face...

Onwards and Upwards Fur Ball's!

Embarrassing for you in fairness!

Can hardly go downwards now can it

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,183 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Am I missing something? Did Povetkin not win?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

walshb wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Did Povetkin not win?

I think he won all right but it was a little but more difficult than it probably should have been

• Advertisement

Let me clear this up right away....

Povetkin won every round... That's right every round (The Rusky's give the total point tallies from the forth round onwards)

Povetkin did suffer a nasty cut above his eye, it looked a whole lot worse than what it really was... From the fifth round onwards, I didn't see a drop of blood again, which it a credit to his cut man.

Now.. I watched the entire fight, and from the seventh round onwards, Wach was being punished beyond the call of duty... He is reknown for his iron chin, and rightly so... Going into the championship rounds, it was no longer a pleasure to watch, the referee in my opinion, was waiting for Povetkin to knock his man out, give the public what they wanted..

Thankfully for him, Wach sustained a terrible cut just below his eye on his cheek bone, a deep nasty gash. Even the ringside Doctor couldn't allow him to finish the round out, let him finish the fight on his feet. It was a blessing in disguise..

At no time was Povetkin behind - His cut added to his urgency if anything.

Do some guys watch these fights at all..???? The difficulty was Wach has a cast iron jaw, that is undisputed, and incidentally, Povetkin was the first man to stop Wach, an achievement Klitschko couldn't manage to do...

We have another couple of fights lined up for the weekend, try to be positive for a change.....

If anybody has an alternative to the Christmas Cracker... (Obviously a winning alternative), Hell, please post it!!

We are one fight in... Poverkin won by a landslide, every round, before stopping his man (First time ever stopped)...

Be negative somewhere else - Not here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

cowzerp wrote: »

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

cowzerp wrote: »

???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    :confused:
    efb wrote: »
    ???

"As predicted, Povetkin succumbed to a rogue punch in the forth round... His left eye opened up with blood streaming down his face..."

His post suggested he lost, I wasn't watching it so my comment was based on that.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Didn't watch the fight...??

'Embarrassing' statement based on one sentence without reading the full post....??

Am I correct in assuming you posted a negative remark without actually viewing the fight?? Passed judgement on one sentence alone?

What in the Devil's briefcase next....??

Mr. Cowzerp.... This is truly outrageous..... You need to throw yourself to the ground before me, and beg to clean my feet with a soft sponge and some nice smelly soaps... This is just,... Well, it's embarrassing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I'm fighting myself tonight for the princely sum of 350 of the Queen's pounds. Can't wait to whack a whole tenner on the rest of this bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,183 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FTA69 wrote: »
    I'm fighting myself tonight for the princely sum of 350 of the Queen's pounds. Can't wait to whack a whole tenner on the rest of this bet.

Your set up sounds like something from the film, Snatch!:)

Errah tis a low level boxing show lad, that having been said a good bit of gambling goes on at these things too for fairly big sums. I'm a heavy favourite for once because I hammered a fella in my last bout. Still doesn't stop you sh*tting yourself though. On the couch now, only four and a half hours now until I'm in the ring. Venue is only down the road thank f*ck.

Have the great Herol Graham in my corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Errah tis a low level boxing show lad, that having been said a good bit of gambling goes on at these things too for fairly big sums. I'm a heavy favourite for once because I hammered a fella in my last bout. Still doesn't stop you sh*tting yourself though. On the couch now, only four and a half hours now until I'm in the ring. Venue is only down the road thank f*ck.

Good luck tonight,

and remember take a dive in the 4th or Bricktop will be after ye!:cool:

Fourth? This is a three rounder thank f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Fourth? This is a three rounder thank f*ck.

Best of luck with it dude!

Best of luck dude

We should have a boards boxing trip to one of your fights!!!!

Flanna can play the bookie

efb wrote: »
    We should have a boards boxing trip to one of your fights!!!!

Flanna can play the bookie

With his acumen ye'd be cleaned out in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

With his acumen ye'd be cleaned out in no time.

with destitution and desperation our bedfellows, we cannot but only be choosers, i heard a country singer on the radio called denver from time to time singing abot a guy who went to the states and made a few bob with his fists, we can keep that roaring on the bus, that titwit rocky anthen we can not afford the rights of to play it

• Advertisement

How did ya get on FTA?

I ordered the BN 2016 annual

Ok.. Step aside, and let the man through.....

I'm back to oversee the next two legs of the Christmas Cracker.

This is the business end of the week, there is work too be done... I'll have to deal with any reprobates once the Yudletide wager is safely passed the next two hurdles...

Settle down my little misery's, it's time to put your trust into this forum's living legend.

Remember: Faint hearts, never paid for copious amounts of fire water...

Let the games begin!

Alright lads lost a split decision. The three minute rounds had me wrecked and I didn't box well at all. It was a proper tear up though, claret aplenty and we were both stunned at different stages of the fight. Great scrap and back to the gym Monday.

FTA69 - Congratulations... (Priorities first)

Christmas Cracker Update:

So... The Christmas Cracker Juggernaut roars on.... Poor Rocky was destroyed in the opening round, didn't even get the chance to shift into second gear...

The 25/1 investment is unstoppable!!!!

My sympathies to Mr Codswallop who stated that this was a 50/50 fight.... Let that be a lesson in the art of failing to get your brain in gear before you open your mouth... Please don't take offence, there was many more pretenders before you that were equally dispatched by the Guru's acid tongue... I look forward to your Billy Clinton post.... (I was wrong....etc.. - See plenty of mine for inspiration if required).

So my little raspberry ripples, one more hurdle to go tonight with Tim Bradley paired against the good Brandon Rios... Once this hurdle is cleared, and it surely will be, because I said so..... That will be over 25% 0f the Christmas Cracker done.... What more can I say....

'' SOMEBODY STOP MEEEE......!!!!!!!

This is so easy.... Its kind of embarrassing.... (No pun intended to Mr Codswallop).

Time to bathe in my success for a couple of hours, maybe a glass of red wine, mirror in the hand, and keep paying myself compliments... Sounds like a plan to me.....

Until Then Fur Ball's!

And it's jingle bell's all the way...........

Rios stopped in the ninth.....

For adrenalin junkies only...

This is no part of the Christmas Cracker... Indeed I would personally advise against any Fur Ball doing it...

For the die hard buzz heads out there .....

11/1 treble

Klitschko KO - Fury is on the verge of a nervous breakdown... He knows what's coming...

Canelo KO - Knock out or stoppage whatever... Did you see Cotto's face after sparring..??? Split nose (recent), blackened left eye, and faded marked right eye..... Now, I ain't no Sherlock Holmes, but that tells me he is being battered from post to pillar in the Wild Card gym..... He was recently asked about winning the fight and going in with triple G.... Let's just say that he has no intention of fighting on anymore after the Canelo fight... His heart just isn't in it anymore..

Eubank Jr KO - This is a foregone conclusion....

Anyway - 11/1 treble!!

Seasonal Greetings my little turkey legs...

The next two hurdles of the Christmas Cracker are playing out this weekend..

Martin Murray is the underdog, the bookies are favouring the stiff, predictable Abraham??

Abraham is akin to Danny Garcia.... A small fish in a big pond. Like Garcia, Abraham has kept on grinding out wins, most of them could be best described as a snooze fest... His time at the top has lasted long enough.

So step forward Martin Murray... Now, lets not kid ourselves, he won't be named as a candidate for the best pound for pound boxer of 2015, far from it even.... But what you get with Murray is, passion, grit, determination, and that never give up attitude... Remember, this guy took 3G eleven rounds, that statistic is remarkable in itself!!

Let's call a spade a spade.. Murray know's this is his last shot at a world title.. The WBO strap is his best option to be crowned the new champ... His guts and perseverance alone should carry him over the finish line...

However.. As many of my loyal pilgrims will know.. The German judges are a peculiar lot.. Honesty and transparency are not their main attributes.. If Murray can't take Abraham out, he must absolutely overwhelm him.. Maybe even force him to take a knee or two...

This is a tough hurdle to face... But one I am confident we will clear.

Next stop the Canelo vs Cotto mega fight.... This is like the dole cheque for the thirsty...!

I have no doubt about the outcome of this fight.. Cotto has been leathered from post to pillar in the Wild Card Gym.. His sparring partners have blackened both his eyes and cracked the bridge of his nose... If they can hit the target with ease, what will Canelo do??

As previously posted - The 11/1 side dish (Not for the faint hearted). Three knockout wins:

Canelo KO
    Klitscho KO
    Eubank Jr KO

This treble is 11/1 or there abouts!

Now my little sherry trifles, the side dish wager is only for the adrenaline junkies, its worth a flutter, but must not be confused with the guaranteed, divine sponsored Christmas Cracker...

Brace yourselves for the weekend my little FurBall's, The Murray fight is the one to watch!

And so the next hurdle presents itself.....

This little slippery encounter is one too be savoured... Martin Murray to win in Germany, this is no walk in the park my little cheese nibbles. To get the nod in Germany, a man must totally dominate his opponent, and still require a rub of the green...

This is Murrays last shot at the big time, he took 3G eleven hard rounds, he has the tools to pull it off... It's now or never, and of course the Christmas Cracker is now being carried on his shoulders as well... Have faith my fellow pilgrims.

Once the German hurdle is cleared, it's over to Canelo to complete the nights business... Have no fears here.. The heavier, younger, more determined Mexican, will make easy work of his battle shook, tired, lighter opponent, probably not needing the twelve rounds in which to complete the job..

Cotto's eye tissue is akin to the wife's car tyres - Absolutley knackered! Freddie Roach brought in some sparring partners that sliced him up like a night out in Limerick.... Canelo need only target his eyes with a steady flow of jabs, sooner or later they will open up and force a tidy stoppage somewhere passed the half way mark....

And so.... The Christmas Cracker will be tested tonight.. With the German nation having the potential to upset the apple cart (sherry swilling bus to many).

Lets hear it for Martin Murray!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He really has to pull out all the stops tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

I like your 11/1 treble Flanna, I think two legs if it are certs, only worried about tonights fight. Watched the Canelo v Mayweather scrap again recently and Canelo looked very plodding, if that's the case against Cotto he'll get sliced up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Hard luck good sir.

Advertisement