Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's be honest - It's money time...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,183 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Murray was always a risk. Even a shopworn AA would be too much for a domestic level fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Gentlemen of this forum - I thank you for your kind words of support, I was expecting something a little harsher...

Everybody else..

I stand before this forum once again with a heavy heart and indeed a lighter pocket... Martin Murray was a risk that I already appreciated.. But it was still a risk worth taking!

My real concern was that he would be robbed of a decision.. Alas, this was not true.. The better man won, and of that I can find comfort. I thought we were on a roll after the first couple of round, however - That was not to be.

Boxing is indeed a fully old game... I guess that's what makes it so addictive?

I really am struggling for words at the moment, so I will do a full Billy Clinton post later on...

Good Luck Fur Ball's.

Seasonal greetings my little Fur Ball's...

Unfortunately, the Christmas Cracker did not come to fruition this year... For that, I must shoulder the burden of failure for the many loyal pilgrims of this forum that undertook the journey, and duly lost their money... I bowed out of this forum with grace and humility...

Alas, after a respectable absence, I venture these corridors once more..

My fellow contributors, may I wish one and all, a Merry Christmas, and the very best of wishes for the New Year.

No doubt I will grace this forum again in the New Year, with another freshly devised get rich quick scheme - I trust ye will once again fall in line behind me on our march to untold riches....

More than 90% of the regular punters have got this thread... Realised a pinch of salt is needed to interact with the Guru... It's the remaining 10% that make the thread fun.... The self righteous, The self important, The do gooders, The politically correct (just love these guys), The merchants devoid of any humor... You know the brigade of which I refer too...

However, as another great year of boxing draws to an end.. I offer my hand to all the ten percenters that maybe took offence by some of my more outlandish comments... (get with the program boys, the moral high ground is not to be found on this thread....)

To the other 90% - Stay real - It's great listening to your many different opinions, there are some great arguments put forward on this forum, I really do enjoy reviewing them (from the shadows of course).

Best Wishes to all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Long live the guru...

The very best of New Year wishes to ye one and all.....

Before I start filling your pockets with untold riches based on my boxing expertise... I have one query to make:

Walshb seems to be banned.... Is this correct??

What happened him? He has one of the best boxing minds this forum has ever been blessed with... (exception of yours truly of course)

As one of my trusted lieutenants, I cannot proceed to the promised land with out him aboard??

Anybody know when he is due to be released back to this forum...?

The Guru is waiting on you......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Looking at his prison thread it seems that he received a three month ban at the beginning of December so looks like he won't be back until March. I think it's only right you rustle up a flanno special in the meantime and dedicate it to walshb. It's what he would have wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

The Walshb windfall...
    No need to thank me flanna me ould flower

On a serious note... Walshb is an asset to this forum, his posts are informative, and he supports his opinions with educated stats...

It's contributors like himself that make this forum worth logging into....

In fairness, I have avoided getting booted off this forum for several years now, WalshR hasn't insulted half the people I have.. (had warnings from the mods of course....) I guess it took a while for the minions to 'get' the thread...

What in the name of Jaysus did he do to warrant a three month ban..???

The mods should really exercise a little common sense here.... I tried to lock horns with him many a time.. He was always to clever to be baited by the Guru.... I just can't imagine him offending anybody??

Anybody know who he was fighting with? What topic? What was he protesting against??

Too me... This is Irelands own Nelson Mandela case.... We can't have the horsey man in exile.. (Walsh-Ruby for the countless morons that didn't get it....)

We need a Boxing Betting Bonanza to be posted by yours truly to keep his profile going....

I'm on the case my little Fur Ball's...

Watch this space..............

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

flanna01 wrote: »
    On a serious note... Walshb is an asset to this forum, his posts are informative, and he supports his opinions with educated stats...

It's contributors like himself that make this forum worth logging into....

In fairness, I have avoided getting booted off this forum for several years now, WalshR hasn't insulted half the people I have.. (had warnings from the mods of course....) I guess it took a while for the minions to 'get' the thread...

What in the name of Jaysus did he do to warrant a three month ban..???

The mods should really exercise a little common sense here.... I tried to lock horns with him many a time.. He was always to clever to be baited by the Guru.... I just can't imagine him offending anybody??

Anybody know who he was fighting with? What topic? What was he protesting against??

Too me... This is Irelands own Nelson Mandela case.... We can't have the horsey man in exile.. (Walsh-Ruby for the countless morons that didn't get it....)

We need a Boxing Betting Bonanza to be posted by yours truly to keep his profile going....

I'm on the case my little Fur Ball's...

Watch this space..............

Your posts are always so much better when there's no bets involved

@Pacman - You are obviously as high as your avatar namesake?

The Flanna spectacular won at 15/1..

Chrissybhoy - Too be honest kid.. Life's too short to take it seriously.. Too many politically correct contributors get their panties up in a bunch here.. Self importance is a disease... I'm the cure!

• Advertisement

Greetings to one and all (inclusive of all the buffoons too..)

It's been a while since I last graced ye all with my presence on this forum.. I notice some of the threads are... shall we say, they would be more suited for the 'knickers & handbags' section (I turn my back for one second....)

Yep... it's about time I rattled some cages again..

Ok Furball's, down to business so... Let's get this party started with a swift 20/1 money spinner! Again, not for the faint hearted, only true boxing fans with steel gonads!

1) Chris Eubank TKO/KO
    2) Kell Brook TKO/KO
    3) Lee Selby Win
    4) Brien Rose Win
    5) Josha TKO/KO
    6) Manny Pac win
    7) Amir Khan

This super seven acca that takes us to the promised land (also known as Doolans cheap wines and spirits store). Now... before ye jibbering buffoons start getting your panties up in a bunch - Let the Master explain:

1) Chris Eubank - He's taking a domestic title this weekend, from a domestic champion....Eubank is world class - Easy fight for him!
    2) Kell Brook - Anything other than a speedy KO victory for Brook will be deemed as a failure
    3) Lee Selby - Way overmatched.. His opponent must be getting well paid??
    4) Brien Rose - Against a burnt out, shot, punch bag... Macklin needs to hang em up before he gets seriously hurt
    5) Joshua KO - Say no more... Your man sold his belt to the highest bidder, he knew he couldn't keep it long anyway..
    6) Manny Pac - The dogs on the street know that Floyd will go for 50-0.... Pac can cash in again here with a good display against Bradley
    7) Amir Khan.... Alright all ye yellow bellies, I can hear ya!! Very few people give Khan a realistic chance against the ginger Mexican... Don't kid yourselves.. Mayweather toyed with a potential fight with Amir several times, then something spooked him and he moved on,,(remember his own fans poll??), Pacquaio was making noises about Khan too... He too got spooked. Remember, Khan is taller than Canelo, has a longer reach, has lightening speed, crazy footwork..... I don't think Canelo won a single round against Mayweather?? And what about Lara and Trout roughing him up....? Don't believe the hype!

Yes my little scrotums, its time to grow a set, raise the bar, and heap your shillings onto this 20/1 sure thing... Starts this weekend.

All Aboard the Flanna Express...........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Pac and Khan are dodge. Everything else on that is a sound bet though

Easter Greetings to Weemcd....

Fear thee not.... Pac is small (compared to Mayweather), Bradley is smaller again, in a matter of fact he is borderline a midget! Pac is too fast, and has a 150 million carrot to look forward to... If he puts Bradley away early, and starts spouting how good his shoulder is, the world will demand a rematch... The only fight I think Floyd would take (Forget the nonsense with 3G - That will never happen).

Amir Khan... The icing on the cake! Look at Canelo's record.... Khan has it sewed up if he dances for 12 rounds... Virgil Hunter said the same, Khan has to keep out of the trenches and he wins!

It's 36 minutes of chess... Khan will be catapulted to a mega star if he follows the game plan.... Then how will Mayweather react??

The more I contemplate it.. The more I see a Khan upset.

As previously stated.... Only fella's will ball's of steel need apply for this ticket!

** Remember Sugar Ray Leonard against Marvin Hagler?? He danced for the entire fight too.. His speed won that fight **

One thing to remember guys..

Khan never turns up just for the pay cheque..

He's not known for taking a knee in moments of adversity...

Khan is taller, superior reach, faster, more skillful....... Canelo plants his feet and wants to trade, picking up on the counter punching that is his speciality... Lara and Trout schooled him, he nicked the decision... Mayweather destroyed him every round practically...

Back to the original post so.... What spooked Mayweather and Pacqaio so much to bypass Khan..??

Get on it Furball's.... Khans odds will tighten as the fight approaches..

20/1 today...

All aboard...........

Easter Greetings to Weemcd....

Fear thee not.... Pac is small (compared to Mayweather), Bradley is smaller again, in a matter of fact he is borderline a midget! Pac is too fast, and has a 150 million carrot to look forward to... If he puts Bradley away early, and starts spouting how good his shoulder is, the world will demand a rematch... The only fight I think Floyd would take (Forget the nonsense with 3G - That will never happen).

Amir Khan... The icing on the cake! Look at Canelo's record.... Khan has it sewed up if he dances for 12 rounds... Virgil Hunter said the same, Khan has to keep out of the trenches and he wins!

It's 36 minutes of chess... Khan will be catapulted to a mega star if he follows the game plan.... Then how will Mayweather react??

The more I contemplate it.. The more I see a Khan upset.

As previously stated.... Only fella's will ball's of steel need apply for this ticket!

** Remember Sugar Ray Leonard against Marvin Hagler?? He danced for the entire fight too.. His speed won that fight **

All hail our glorious leader!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCKOym9JMzZ9Kn0z2LFqucsXk__nDSDFFW5ak1eBGslxrCOrBLBetPmiOc4w

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

One thing to remember guys..

Khan never turns up just for the pay cheque..

He's not known for taking a knee in moments of adversity...

Khan is taller, superior reach, faster, more skillful....... Canelo plants his feet and wants to trade, picking up on the counter punching that is his speciality... Lara and Trout schooled him, he nicked the decision... Mayweather destroyed him every round practically...

Back to the original post so.... What spooked Mayweather and Pacqaio so much to bypass Khan..??

Get on it Furball's.... Khans odds will tighten as the fight approaches..

20/1 today...

All aboard...........

You're right, Khan does turn up to fight and when he does he gets f*cking chinned. A Khan victory is a real possibility, but it's highly unlikely I think and you're underrating Canelo big time. Canelo is young but very experienced and has been in there with boxers of all types. He is good at cutting off the ring and good at landing combos, likewise he can whack and Khan will have to have the fight of his life to avoid that for 12 rounds.

I am also of the belief that a really smart and prepared Khan has a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

walshb wrote: »
    I am also of the belief that a really smart and prepared Khan has a good chance.

Does Khan have the ability to stick to a game plan for 12 rounds? He hasn't shown that he has and even if he does that still might not be enough, he might simply be overwhelmed by Canelo. The most likely outcome is Canelo by KO, I think Khan will start quick but be stopped in the middle rounds. Hate him or love him Khan fights are a much watch, looking forward to seeing how it unfolds. I'd like to see him win.

I'd make Canelo a favorite, no doubt, but a Khan win would not at all shock me. Is it possible that the weight on Khan makes him that bit stronger and sturdier? Canelo isn't all that strong.

Khan has the frame and height to carry 150+ lbs well I think. I reckon Khan could well surprise us here as regards being as physically strong as Canelo in clinches. He has reach and speed advantages, as well as a pretty decent engine. If it goes to points then it will likely be very close. I can't see Canelo dominating via points.

I've no doubt in my mind Khan could get the job done. He boxes beautifully when he uses his strengths to his advantage. He had a good showing against Alexander, almost a perfect fight in fact.

But, and these are big buts (and I cannot lie):
    He has not been very active
    He has shown an ability to be badly ko'd by worse fighters than Canelo
    He can get into an unnecessarily tear up
    He will be out muscled in this match (IMO)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Flanna, I backed ya!! Albeit, without Khan...😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

I think Joshua is the weakest link in that accum.

For the punters who believe that Amir Khan hasn't got a snowball in Hell's chance of beating Canelo....

Then this journey is not for you.. Please disembark as Looserville Station, and the best of luck to you.

But I guess most of you are intrigued by Khan's confidence / reasoning to surpass 155lb and take on very dangerous opponent??

Khan has obviously seen something that he feels he can capitalise on.. Virgil Hunter was set against him taking the fight, until Khan himself explained his plan... Any boxing fan worth his salt can figure out what his plan is..

Keep behind the jab, use his reach advantage, don't stop moving - not for one second.. Pick your moments & unload fast flurries of punches and get out... Repeat for 12 rounds and move over Sugar Ray Leonard..!!

A Khan win is what makes the 20/1 wager..!

To all the doubters - Watch what speed did to the Mexican Powerhouse - Watch Alvarez vs Lara (The proof is in the pudding my little Fur ball's)

Starts this weekend - Get on, Get rich!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

A night of laughing at Flanna and Khan ! Better than winning any money.

Tut Tut.... Chrissybhoy missed his stop at Looserville, should have disembarked there my friend. (That's where this year's national convention of Jock sniffers is taking place) Not to worry.. You can give it a miss for one year!

Fortunately, Chrissybhoy's better instincts ensured he remained on the train to riches, wine and the good times...

The Super 7 guaranteed 20/1 wager starts tomorrow - Be sure to place your stake at the local bookmakers....

1) Chris Eubank TKO/KO
    2) Kell Brook TKO/KO
    3) Lee Selby Win
    4) Brien Rose Win
    5) Joshua TKO/KO
    6) Manny Pac win
    7) Amir Khan

When this wager comes home... Chrissy will be sniffing the very best of silky drawers for quite some time..!

Last orders Gentlemen...!

To avail of this 20/1 spectacular wager, you must grow a set of gonads and get down to your local investment broker (da bookies).

It's no use crying into your brown paper bags after 8pm this evening...!

Tonight - Two of the super 7 will have brought home the goodies - You will regret not investing!

Faint heart, never won fair maiden!

Greetings my little bottom explosions...

So the end of business has seen the boxing Guru reinstated back to his original position, that of the critically acclaimed leader of Boxing Boards.ie...

As I saddle up again, to lead the unemployable, and the parasites of society to the promised land, I pause for a moment to reflect on the journey we have shared....

(Enough of that - My time spent among the downtrodden is not a comforting memory)

However, we are two hurdles clear, on our way to the Super Seven 20/1 spectacular...

At this point in time - It all boils down to the grand finale... That of Amir Khans tussle with the ginger Mexican...

Fear thee not my little bottom burps... Khan is taller, faster, and on top form to cause the Upset of the year! You must have the faith though... More and more 'experts' are giving Khan the nod (google many of the boxing forums - there's plenty of threads open on the subject).

As the undisputed leader of this forum, and it's many contributors, I offer my humble self as your investment servant.

Onwards and upwards Fur Ball's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

your write-ups are entertaining if nothing else!

Mansize..... You have a curious name - You'll fit in well with the rest of the deviants around here...

I trust you invested in the Super Seven 20/1 wager.....??

• Advertisement

Advertisement