Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's be honest - It's money time...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Flanna I wouldn't have the price of a choc ice if I followed your bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

Hopefully the world gets on Pacquiao. Brings Mayweather price in to about 10/11 evens come fight night. Last time he was that price was against Hatton which was money for jam. I had a good few months on the strength of Mayweather after that

Im waiting for the same thing...mayweather beats pacman all ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,990 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Floyd is 1-2 on. I'd make him 1/4 on.

walshb wrote: »
    Floyd is 1-2 on. I'd make him 1/4 on.

Opened up @ 4/11 on paddy power he's now 4/9 with over a month to fight night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

Points victory is where my money is for Floyd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

That's my boys..... Get the juices flowing...!

It's a 27/1 punt.... I dare you not to invest in it!!!

Anyway, enough about the odds dropping, the expected decisions and indeed the choc ices.... I have been busily composing my victory speech that I intend to post before 7am on Sunday May 3rd... As a humble man, it is difficult to try and capture my greatness, my vision, my foresight, and yes my little scrotums, my modesty. I have several pages written so far, obviously these will be edited and compacted into a more articulate presentation...

As correctly stated, Mayweathers odd's are indeed drifting - That my little possums is entirely down to the Flanna spectacular being posted on this very forum... There has been a mad stampede to the investment brokers (Bookmakers to you), everybody wants a piece of the pie...

When the Flanna spectacular comes in, and when the brave are duly rewarded, and when the last bottle of fizz has been devoured.... I ask that you, the loyal pilgrims of this forum, take time out to reflect on those less fortunate... The nay sayers and the delusional... The poor mites that couldn't summon the courage to follow the Guru and his flock.... But be not disheartened... The calf will be fattened (on choc ices), and the prodical sons will be welcomed around the table....

Remember Fur Ball's - No risk, No reward... You know what to do...

Now... For the record:

I do not believe that Zeb Judah knocked Floyd Mayweather out during a recent sparring session...

The scurrilous gossip doing the internet rounds is truly bogus....

To think.... A burnt out Judah could floor Floyd with a body shot..... How mad is that..??

Team Mayweather even got the poor mite to publically state that he hadn't decked the champ.... If Judah says that, then it must be true, and let that be the end of it. I am sure that Mayweather Snr (The man that pays Judah's wages and tells him how high to jump) was just clearing a misunderstanding up....

It's probably vicious rumors like this, combined with Mayweather drifting odd's that has the Pacquiao's fans panties up in a bunch...

Anyway.... The Mayweather camp have said it never happened... And I believe them!!

Greetings Jelly Bottoms.... So the DeGale fight has been confirmed in Boston for the 23rd May.....

So what does this mean? - Basically it means that the 27/1 Flanna spectacular is ready for collection on May 24th!

I have been perusing some of the other topics in this glorious section, apart from the realisation that I am indeed the top dog around here, I have been amused by several contributors posts...

It would appear that the Mayweather vs Pac fight has a lot of ye getting flustered... Some of the less obvious mental deficient punters have their panties up in a bunch... It truly is a spectacle to witness...

As all roads eventually lead to this thread... (As surely as the cows head to the milking parlor of an evening..), let us remember that this is where the money is made.....

As a modest man, blessed with being the undisputed, legendary, boxing investment guru of this forum... Allow me to assure the many patrons that follow this thread.... The 27/1 Flanna spectacular begins in two weeks time, this is sufficient, and ample notice to one and all...

The start date of the winning wager is April 12th - The collection date will be May 24th. It's a six week journey my little bottom wipes, and requires courage, a set of gonads, and complete faith in the guru..... Blessed are the brave, they shall inherit the contents of the bookies tills...

Does anybody really think that Pac will lose....???

My little Fur Ball's ..... Go forth and invest! You know it makes sense!

Greetings my little Easter bunnies....

With less than one week left to get on the 27/1 Flanna spectacular, I trust that all ye yellow livered yellow bellies have staked your investments...?

Next week, Danny Garcia and his painful Father will be victorious in their endeavour to maintain their unbeaten run.., this will be doubled up by the unfortunate end of Irish hero Andy Lee's reign as world champion.... But we cannot become emotional on this journey my little rabbit droppings... When it comes to pounds, shillings and pence, we must be as cold and callous as our respective wives and girlfriends hearts....

The 27/1 investment is purely business... There can be no room for sentiment. We would all love to cheer for Andy Lee, but the truth is... The drink must be paid for... Too wager on Andy Lee successfully defending his world title, would have left the common herd crying in their beer - if they could afford it! The reality is, ye would all end up as dry as a Nun's crutch! (Yes.. that means sobriety!)

So my little Fur ball's.. The time has come.. Are ye going to step up to the plate? It's a 27/1 sure thing!....

Ye only have until next Saturday only to decide..........

The boxing Guru hath spoken...........

Greetings Fur Ball's.....

So.... By this stage, the men have been separated from the boys? The warriors have stepped up to the plate, and left the choc ice brigade behind them... Ye shall now begin the journey to riches, courtesy of the Flanna spectacular.

Tonight we have the start of the iron clad investment. We begin with Danny Garcia dispatching the talked up Lamont Peterson.... Isn't this the same guy that was beaten by Khan but gifted the decision in the corruption capital of the world?? The very same guy that sang poverty to the television camera's... That portrayed to fight only to look after his younger brother.....?? My little ass wipes, this man is a bigger bullsh*tter than me!!

Alas, Mr Peterson will be exposed for the cad that he is.... (Let there be no worries on that score)

Then we move on to the demise of Andy Lee.... The skeleton looking middleweight is on a hiding to nothing here, although he gets to keep his belt.... A belt that will be duly sold to BJ Saunders when the highest bid is accepted.

Some say that Lee has a punchers chance.... I would retort that they have had one too many choc ices, and brought on an unfortunate episode of 'brain freeze'.... Not to worry... They probably make more sense whilst undergoing a brain spasm..

So to all my little pilgrims, it is time to get ready to rumble.... The Flanna express is departing once again....

Are you aboard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I would love to be aboard as I need to feed my alcohol and gambling addiction but I just went to Paddy Power and can't find odds on Richar Abril.
    What to do oh great one?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Abril pulled out of the Matthews fight.

Indeed Abril did pull out of his fight with the shot Derry.... Got his panties up in a bunch over nothing, this is unfortunate, but these things happen... Throw in Chavez Jr and Canelo, they'll cover the Abril odd's....

Now of course.... A true gladiator would have had his investment put on by now.. he shouldn't be running around looking for a bookmaker a couple of hours before the Flanna express departs?? I can only assume you have been in prison or under house arrest?? That would be a common complaint among this forum's population..

Anyway Menoscemo, your debt to society has been paid, and you will be embraced by the loyal supporters of this thread (you will probably have met half the scrotums of this section during one of your many stays at various correction facilities throughout the country).

I am sure one of your cronies will have a paddy power account, you must try to avail of this service before the fights begin. Time is of the essence (No pun intended!)

flanna01 wrote: »
    Indeed Abril did pull out of his fight with the shot Derry.... Got his panties up in a bunch over nothing, this is unfortunate, but these things happen... Throw in Chavez Jr and Canelo, they'll cover the Abril odd's....

Now of course.... A true gladiator would have had his investment put on by now.. he shouldn't be running around looking for a bookmaker a couple of hours before the Flanna express departs?? I can only assume you have been in prison or under house arrest?? That would be a common complaint among this forum's population..

Anyway Menoscemo, your debt to society has been paid, and you will be embraced by the loyal supporters of this thread (you will probably have met half the scrotums of this section during one of your many stays at various correction facilities throughout the country).

I am sure one of your cronies will have a paddy power account, you must try to avail of this service before the fights begin. Time is of the essence (No pun intended!)

Right you are oh great one.
    I have been meaning to follow the flanna express for months but due to my tendencies for procrastination, sloth and downright drunkenness (yes my drunkenness has at times caused a few periods of incarceration), I nver got around to it.

But fear not!! I have now backed the flannaexpress #2 with my entire monthly dole cheque replacing Abril with canelo and Chavez. I think I have even got 30/1 on the bet!! I foresee a drunken summer in playa americas, or as we call it here, Finglas on sea :D

Thanks Flanna!!!

Oh Sh*t all my money is gone :o
    Where did it all go wrong?

Looks like I'll be on the methylated spirits for the next 4 months.

Blessed are the cheese makers ... They shall inherit the riches of the Flanna spectacular.

Have faith in the Guru.

Greetings my little turnips....

It is with a heavy heart, and a diminished spirit, that I grace this forum this evening....

Not one to avoid the undoubted negative press I expect to receive... I stand before ye all, armed with a wretched speech regarding the latest set back of the legendary Flanna spectacular...

My little cherry plums.... We never even got off the ground this time.. We fell at the very first hurdle.. For that, there can be no excuse.

The fact that Andy Lee came out for the forth round must be complimented, and a credit to him and Adam Booth, for getting passed the first couple of rounds... I tip my hat to the both of them for that accomplishment.

It would appear obvious to me, that Kid Chocolate was expecting an early night.... his 'sock em, and rock em' approach nearly worked... But the man totally ran out of gas from the sixth round onwards... This reflects his half assed training camp, and his non-commitment to the Andy Lee fight.... his weight issue would further enhance this theory....

My little puddings... We wagered on a man that didn't train properly... A man that took Andy Lee too lightly... A man that couldn't even make the weight for a world title fight....

Although I stand here all apologetic to my loyal pilgrims... I still stand over the view that Quillan is indeed a superior boxer to Lee... Should he have got the victory..? That's for you to decide.

As my hour of darkness prevails.... the dull throbbing of failure is a constant companion... But even through these long hours, I find comfort in the fact that Garcia was victorious over Peterson.... A victory I know did not occur...

If Quillan had been awarded the win which I think he probably earned via the two knock downs... I would have been posting a victory speech regarding the great start to the Flanna spectacular..... But that would have been an empty speech my little fur ball's... Because Danny Grcia was well and truly whupped last night...

So long my friends..... Until next time..

I'm not sure what's worse, your Lee fight analysis or your Garcia got truly whupped last night comment. Lay off the Dutch Gold, friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

I'm not sure what's worse, your Lee fight analysis or your Garcia got truly whupped last night comment. Lay off the Dutch Gold, friend!

I agree with the Garcia analysis, Peterson won that fight.

I still believe in you flanna. Please post another flanna bonanza.
    I may be broke now but beg, steal or borrow, I will find a way to get a sizable lump on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

It was definitely the Dutch. As of 4.03 am he posted thinkin the bet was still on. I think our saviour walks amongst us as a mere peasant on white spirits and cans of Dutch Gold on special in Tesco...

Dutch gold........?? I assume that's the beverage of choice among the common herd..?? Never heard of it myself, it sounds frightful, and it's purchased from a supermarket?? Wow!

What's more disturbing, is that the majority of contributors are fully versed in the delights of this potion....??

Now my little hens... I was expecting some disparaging remarks, some crude comments, some unsavoury, and may I suggest outrageous speculation regarding my position as the betting top dog of this forum... That is only human nature... I understand my little lambs have lost money they could so easily have drunk.... I am sure the very notion of sobriety must be a truly daunting experience for ye....??

However.. As much as I offer my sincere apologies to one and all, I still stand over my analysis. Quillan did enough to steal a split decision due to the two knock downs he scored... Garcia did not beat Peterson, not now, not then, not in a million years...!! I watched both fights live, and have watched them again since..... Remember, I am the boxing Guru... Now go away and don't be annoying me!

The post I put up at 4.03am was cryptic... It was obviously lost on some of my little bunnies...

If ye were to go back over my thread.. Check the time stamps of my posts... Too say they are erratic would be an understatement?? Here lies the clues to my profession.... Ye wouldn't get it in a hundred years...!

My old buddy Joey Gonads - Great to hear from you again Sir, it's been a while. I assume your absence was down to a stretch on the inside...? I see you have directed some of the recently released inmates to this thread, I guess the can was where you acquired the taste for white spirits from?? I hope all goes well for you on the outside, you should become a painter.... Could wash brushes and sup the residue afterwards... Happy days my friend.

And so possums.. Its time to retreat and lick my wounds. With a sense of failure and disappointment still fresh in my mind, I bid to you a fond farewell.. Or as the say in the eternal city - Au revoir!

Il stick to buying choc ices instead of doing Flanna's Hail Mary bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What is this guy smoking??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

efb wrote: »
    What is this guy smoking??

Cigars lit from fifty pound notes.

Deiseboy01 wrote: »
    I agree with the Garcia analysis, Peterson won that fight.

He may have snook a decision, but whupped? It was quite close.

Greetings my little ass wipes... It would appear that my presence has been missed....

Do not be down hearted, I shall return with a money loaded 'sure thing' wager... Of that, have no fear..

No more inbox messages please.... I am not available for marriage, I do not sign or post underpants, I do not wish to meet any of ye freaks.. Nor do I want drivers, servants, butlers, etc.... (Or indeed sex slaves..?? Get a grip guys, its a boxing thread,,)!!

Slightly bemused.. The Boxing Guru..

Flanna do you have a turkey box in your local bookies ? It's a box for customers to put their losing dockets in with their name on the back. Whoever gets pulled out wins the turkey for Xmas you have surely won a few turkeys by now

Sissybhoy - Those are very harsh words to direct at this forum's living boxing legend..??

We haven't heard from you in a while, not since the 'choc ice gate' incident.... Where have you been??

I suspect you are recently released from prison, probably for making a nuisance of yourself outside the local Gentlemen's Turkish steam baths establishment..?? Not too worry, welcome home my friend...

@ The Fur Ball's - Not a lot happening this weekend money wise... Although I have opted to have a dabble in some gut churning investments... (basically for the bold and the drunk - preferably both).

Francisco Satanta - Points 11/2
    Klitschko - Points 9/2

This little crazy wager will net you around 35/1

Satanta is on a ten fight unbeaten run and has a new trainer, he doesn't get fazed by the lights and is up for the fight. I like the kid.

Bryant Jennings took some serious shots from Mike Perez before getting the decision... He's a tough Philley boxer with plenty of heart. It's too soon for him to realistically challenge Wladimir... But he can play the Rocky roll and last the distance...

At 35/1 - It has to be worth a roll of th dice.... Could buy a lot of choc ices if it came up!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Where u gettin klit @9/2? Also BJ is getting ko'd. Perez hits hard, but I think klit has too much.

Advertisement