Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's be honest - It's money time...

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

**Just for the record**

I update this thread, before and after the fights I have an interest in / Invested in. Last weekend I tuned into the Skysports broadcast and relied on blogs to get updated on the Eubank Jr / Nick Blackwell fight...

My understanding and interpretation of the blogs was that Eubank was coming on strong, and Blackwell was offering little resistance as the rounds dragged on... When the stoppage came, it was expected (by the opinionated bloggers I was following), and I thought little else of the outcome except it had kept the Super 7 wager going....

After viewing the fight, and realising the serious medical condition that Blackwell had suffered - My after fight posts would appear to be at the very least inappropriate....

I can assure everybody on this forum, that I was not aware of the full extent of Blackwell's injuries at the time of the postings (happily enjoying the Skysports bill). Let me make it clear - The health and well being of every boxer is paramount as far as I am concerned. Nick Blackwell fought with a warriors heart against a world elite opponent - I tip my hat to him.

When I revisit this thread again in the coming days, it will be back to business again... The Super 7 is playing out again next weekend. My posts will be coated in acid, my charm and wit will be presented in full.... There will be no prisoners taken...

But joking aside... I wish a full recovery to the brave Nick Blackwell. And good health to all fighters plying their trade, so that we (the fans), can enjoy the noble art we love so well.......

Till then Fur Ball's!

Greetings my little skid marks....

So with two fights down, and four fights playing out this very weekend, it's squeaky bottom time for the many pilgrims riding on the Super Seven 20/1 money spinner...

A quick recap of the results we are looking for this weekend:

Lee Selby - Win
    Brian Rose - Win
    Joshua - TKO/KO
    Manny Pac - Win

Let's not fool ourselves and suggest these are already in the bag, there is work to be done. (Have to sound humble like.....)

Lee Selby will bring home the goodies, probably go the distance as he's kinda known for being pillow fisted..

Brain Rose has a slippery nights work ahead of him, although I have seen gym heavy bags take less punishment than Macklin...

Joshua - I have read some of the comments posted on a different thread... Stop being a bunch of fannies and man up! Joshua is knocking the pretender out, period...! (Sometimes I really wonder why I grace this forum with my presence...? My financial advice on how to get rich quick is wasted on the fearful and the nervous... Some of ye should try the knickers and handbags section, a lot less to be whinging about on there...)

Manny Pac - No worries here. Bradleys much improved under the watchful eye of Teddy Atlas, but the cream will always rise to the top

Without sounding too complacent... When all four fights have delivered the verdicts as expected. We will be on track for the last hurdle, the 'money shot' so to speak.... Yes my little ass wipes, the 20/1 icing on the cake - Amir Khan.

Now... Once Amir Khan does the business, I will obviously be catapulted to unimaginable heights of greatness.. After a lot of self reflection, and contemplation.. I have decided to no longer be known as this forum's undisputed 'Boxing Guru'.... From May 8th onwards, I wold prefer if ye all would just address me as 'Your Reverence'.

As a humble, and modest contributor, I wish for little else as gratitude for guiding the wretched and downtrodden yet again to the promised land...

Once these four fights are out of the way, we can discuss (basically means I tell you..), the finer points of Amir Khans guaranteed upset over the Mexican Meatball.... The uninformed, the fragile and the meaningless punters of this forum will throw out weight, size, and glass jaws as reasons for Khans impending demise.... I laugh at such folly!!

Khan is taller, Khan will be as big as his opponent on the night, Khan has a longer reach... Khan has faster feet, Khan has lightening speed, can dance around the ring all night... Need I go on....?? (This is before I start of Lara & Trout).

Anyway my little Fur Ball's, that conversation is for another day...

Nearly time to sit back and watch the Guru's Super Seven lead us to all but the finishing line...

(Ps. Still Guru for now - The transition of being addressed as 'Your Reverence' will commence from 7 May)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,990 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Khan I think is going to break some hearts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Bet is dead by Sunday morning tbf

As the sands of time begin to run out, we must brace ourselves for the business end of week.. Once we gallop over these last four hurdles, we are on for the home stretch...

Mr Morrison has posted a somewhat 'blunt' comment above... Normally, I would have to chastise such ignorance, and teach the good man a lesson in the finer art of eloquent conversation - Alas, I do not have the time to indulge in such delinquency at this stage...

However... I must challenge Mr Morrison to publish which part of the foursome will render the Super Seven null and void....??

Will one of them fail to bring home the goodies?, maybe two of them...?? All of them..???

Mr Morrison - I have published all my forecasts well in advance of the actual fight dates.. I am open to scrutiny when things don't go to plan, and have never ran and hid behind my keyboard when things have gone pear shaped... I have always faced the music in the aftermath of a fight gone bad.... (Faced the music - MorrisonJ - Jim Morrison maybe...?? excuse the pun)

So Mr Morrison... Instead of posting one blunt, negative, unsupported comment.... 'Bet will be dead by Sunday morning, Bah!.. Humbug!)... I challenge you to publish which segments of the foursome that will let us down... At the moment you have four opportunities to be 'The Man' who told us so... Yet didn't tell us which fight(s) would be the undoing of us..... That's a tad unfair isn't it??

If one of the foursome lets us down, you don the warpaint, and morph into the ultimate keyboard warrior that took the guru's scalp...

Now I can't let that happen can I.....

Mr Morrison - You have 48hrs to post the loosing results of the foursome.... I am transparent, my selections are there to see... I stand over every post I have made... Let's see you follow suit.

Game On......

• Advertisement

Still waiting for Mr Morrison................

Not so active behind the keyboard tonight Sir.....?

Knickers and Handbag section for you Sir.......

Mr Morrison - Where are you tonight??

Mr Morrison has to yet publish his different outcomes of the Saturday night fights....

We are waiting Mr Morrison.........

:D

I'm not a fortune teller am I. Selby will win, think Martin is a live underdog, fancy Bradley to beat Pacquiao in a close one and Rose/Maclin is a 50/50.

You might luck out and win all four but I think the chances are high that at least one of the fights lets you down tbh.

Thank you Mr Morrison for stepping back into the forum.... Lesser men would not have taken the bait...

Your logic reveals a well balanced boxing brain.

You may have underestimated Eric Hunter? This dude hails from the fighting city of Philadelphia, never been stopped and ready to take his chance.. But with all things considered, Selby should have the answers to any questions he may pose.

The Joshua fight is a tad too early for me.. Has he really learnt his trade properly??? I have studied Martin, and he isn't destined for the Hall of Fame shall we say... His southpaw stance may cause problems early on for Joshua, he will need to figures him out sharpish... I have no doubt that Joshua wins by stoppage... None at all. It's what's coming after Martin that concerns me. Joshua will be playing on a totally different playing field once he has a share of the heavyweight crown. Eddie Hearn may have cashed in his chips a tad too soon...?

Mr Morrison - I agree fully with your assessment of the Rose / Macklin fight. It is a 50/50 fight too be honest. Brian Rose won't fill out the MGM Grand in Las Vegas anytime soon... But as bad as he is, Macklin is a whole bunch worse.. Watching some of this weeks footage, I get the feeling that Macklin's heart isn't in it anymore, he's been in the trenches one time too many.. Rose to edge it by points decision

Tim Bradley..? Pac will be looking to make a statement here to book his 50-0 rematch place.... A Pac stoppage as a side bet I think?

So... For the rest of the collective Furball's following this thread, it's all playing out this weekend.

My thanks to Mr Morrison, for sharing his opinions with the forum. The majority of them are hard to find fault with.

But alas my friends - Faint heart never won fair maiden!

Greetings my little pilgrims..

Tonight, we must step up to the plate and be counted... Four fights - Four potential banana skins!

But, fear thee not my little bottom burps, the Guru has it all assessed, and the risk is minimal..

Lee Selby should dispatch the Philly brawler with little difficulty... This will probably last the distance, as Selby doesn't really pack any serious clout in either of his gloves...

The Rose & Macklin slugfest will be a messy affair, and not a display of boxing prowess, of that I can assure you.. Macklin is shot, and has been for several fights previous to this... I guess he knows he's at the last chance saloon at this stage - that's what makes him dangerous.. Brian Rose needs to keep his chin tucked away, he can time a perfect counter if he bides his time... Alas, I think we are looking at an ugly 12 round points decision, hopefully going in favour of Brian Rose... This is a slippery banana peel indeed!!

The mighty AJ attempts to become part of heavyweight history tonight... And he will do, without having to rely on the ringside judges. The southpaw stance of Martin will take a little adjusting to, but once he has it figured out - Its bombs away...

Did ye all see Tim Bradley at the weight in...?? There was never a more sculpted welterweight in the history of time and space.... Even his muscles have muscles...! Thanks be to St Jude (The patron Saint of gamblers), that he has virtually no power what so ever... This fight is going to the scorecards, you couldn't put Bradley down if you ran him over with a bus... Likewise, Bradley can't stop Pac with anything in his artillery... So points it is... Pac is by far more accurate with his shots, so I would expect a good solid lead by the end of the 12th...

So my little Fur Ball's... There it is. As we sit on the very edge of another 20/1 spectacular, we must be humble, and realise it's not in the bag yet... As the good Mr Morrison correctly stated, anyone of this foursome could go pear shaped... (I would be looking at Rose & Macklin here...). But it is without fear in our hearts, that we march towards victory, knowing that ye (the pilgrims), and myself (The undisputed boxing Guru of the forum), have faith, and know the good times are nearly here again...

Be brave my little ass wipes - Faint heart never cleaned the bookies out either....!

See you on the other side!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Another one bites the dust. :pac:

Oh dear..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

whats this guys return % now?

Well into minus figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Who shot the load here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭badabing106

Johner wrote: »
    Another one bites the dust. :pac:
    Morrison J wrote: »
    Oh dear..
    mansize wrote: »
    whats this guys return % now?

Well into minus figures?
    80s Child wrote: »
    Who shot the load here?

“And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.”

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Only sheep follow Flanna god bless him

Well, my my......

How they come out of the woodwork..??

Yes my little assassins... I visit this forum once again with a heavy heart and a lighter pocket...

The Rose / Macklin fight has let us down.... I had the Mack winning by two clear rounds so I have no complaints...

To make the pill more bitter to swallow, all the other selections came in as forecast. But that's life I guess...?

Brian Rose was always going to be a risk. To count on Macklin being too shot to be bothered was perhaps a failing on my part, maybe a bigger failing was expecting the limited Brian Rose too be able to capitalise on it.....?

Mr Morrison spoke sense in his post before the fights (not like the other keyboard warriors that start posting after the fights!), the four fights were all potential banana skins... We nearly made it to the homeward stretch.... Alas, it was not to be.

My sincere apologies to all the loyal pilgrims that partook in the journey, we are getting closer every time... Keep the faith my little chickens, Madrid was not built in a day...

So.. As I prepare to once again leave these corridors of boxing knowledge, I leave with a feeling of sadness, a feeling of being so close, but yet so far... As I wander off into the wilderness of self reflection, I must address where it all went wrong, and finally, I must ensure ye (the pilgrims and the down trodden) are not left out of pocket...

With that my friends... I must bow out gracefully. A true leader must be the first to fall upon his own sword .......

So long Fur Ball's.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

flanna01 wrote: »
    Well, my my......

How they come out of the woodwork..??

Yes my little assassins... I visit this forum once again with a heavy heart and a lighter pocket...

The Rose / Macklin fight has let us down.... I had the Mack winning by two clear rounds so I have no complaints...

To make the pill more bitter to swallow, all the other selections came in as forecast. But that's life I guess...?

Brian Rose was always going to be a risk. To count on Macklin being too shot to be bothered was perhaps a failing on my part, maybe a bigger failing was expecting the limited Brian Rose too be able to capitalise on it.....?

Mr Morrison spoke sense in his post before the fights (not like the other keyboard warriors that start posting after the fights!), the four fights were all potential banana skins... We nearly made it to the homeward stretch.... Alas, it was not to be.

My sincere apologies to all the loyal pilgrims that partook in the journey, we are getting closer every time... Keep the faith my little chickens, Madrid was not built in a day...

So.. As I prepare to once again leave these corridors of boxing knowledge, I leave with a feeling of sadness, a feeling of being so close, but yet so far... As I wander off into the wilderness of self reflection, I must address where it all went wrong, and finally, I must ensure ye (the pilgrims and the down trodden) are not left out of pocket...

With that my friends... I must bow out gracefully. A true leader must be the first to fall upon his own sword .......

So long Fur Ball's.

Flanna you know I've good time for you. But ur making out that's the only fight let ur wager down canelo literally destroys kahn so ur bets as usual are not even close

God Damn and Blast the working classes...

Can a man not wander the wilderness searching for answers, without the minions bestowing more questions upon him...

The Super Seven wager stood at six fight, five wins, and one points defeat, with one fight outstanding...

To suggest that Amir Khan hasn't a snowball in Hell's chance of winning his next fight is a tad over confident. If anybody outside 3G can school Canelo - It's Khan...

The history books are filled with victorious underdogs winning... Tyson Fury was 7/1 against Klitschko, nobody gave him a chance... Some bookies were offering how many rounds he would last against the Ukrainian...

The bookies are going 5/2 only for the Amir Khan win.... This is with the increased weight factored in, Khan not fighting in over a year, let alone mixing it with one of the modern day top drawer boxers.... 5/2 only...... Not strike you as odd????

The odds are created on facts and probabilities... The bookies know that Khan always comes to win.. No easy pay check here. He fights till the bitter end, or until his on the flat of his back... He also brings speed to the table, something that Mayweather had in abundance, see what happened there

Write Khan off at your own peril..

Now... If you don't mind. I have some serious soul searching to do... I can't keep returning to this forum to correct the outrageous statements posted by fellow contributors...

I suggest a minute's silence for the living legend that was once known as 'The Guru'

Damn..... My presence is sorely missed...!

Due to the blatant lack of activity on the boxing forum, I feel that I have no option but to return and stir the juices.

I am deeply saddened that nobody stepped up to the plate to replace the living legend (that being myself). I must now take this forum under my wing, shake it back to life again, and breed confidence into the downtrodden and outcasts of the boxing world..

So... As I speak, the Guru is currently working on a money making sure thing, that not only will be iron clad, but will be the greatest wager ever posted!

Start saving your shillings my little fur ball's - The second coming is imminent!

• Advertisement

Greetings my little bottom burps..

As previously posted, I have decided to return to the section of the down trodden and demoralized..

As the former undisputed, living legend of this very forum, I return with offerings in plenty for the deadbeats, and no marks of society... Now Hey.... Don't be getting your britches up in a bunch, lets call a spade a spade..

How so ever... Being the undisputed betting Guru ever to grace this section, I return again, bearing fruits... big massive fruits!

Yes my little Fur Ball's... The Guru comes with a 10/1 guaranteed winner......

There is no risk attatched to this wager, absolutely none what so ever..

To follow the Guru, and avail of this 10/1 sure thing, you must place all the money on the following 'foregone conclusions'...

7/10/16 Dillian Whyte win via KO (Ian Lewison)
    7/10/16 Scott Cardle - Win
    15/10/16 Ryan Burnett - Win
    15/10/16 Tony bellew - Win
    2011/16 Kovalev
    26/11/16 Joe parker (Assuming its against Dave Price)
    26/11/16 Joshua (Assuming its against Klitschko)

So there we have it my little scrotum... a little over a 10/1 winner for practically nothing!!

No doubt some of ye demented morons cannot see how easy this is.. Permit me to explain:

1) Dillian Whyte is grossly under matched... Lewison is a nice guy, but lets face it, its an early shower for him on the night...
    2) Scott Cardle - Sooner or later he will have to step up to the plate... Won't be against his current opposition.
    3) Ryan Burnett - Simply a world champion in waiting...
    4) The Bomber.... A true gym rat, have to kill him to beat him... Easy night for Liverpool's Rocky!
    5) This one has all the bottoms twitching.. Not for the Guru. Ward has had it too easy for too long... Enter Kovalev... G'Night Ward!
    6) In my opinion. Joe Parker will dismantle Joshua with ease.. Price would be one level below a punching bag for Parker....
    7) Assuming Joshua (and Eddie Hearn), keep a wide berth from Joe Parker... The Klitschko fight should be a success for AJ and indeed this Guru's boxing credibility... The wager is dependent on Joshua facing Klitschko - Not Parker...

So there you have it my little bum fluffs... A 10/1 winner devoid of any risk!!

Blessed be the Guru..!!!

Ok.... This is only applicable to the punters with iron clad goolies....

The Guru has posted a 10/1 winner - No messing, No cribbing, a straight 10/1 money in the bank sure thing...

By adding one more contest, we have an good chance of converting that into a 37/1 Flanna spectacular.....!!

That's right my little snot ball's.. 371!!

This is not for the faint hearted, nor the hen pecked, the handbag brigade, the fannies, the pissy pants ect..... This is for the followers with a good set of steel gonads....

Ricky Burns is fighting Kiryl Relikh on Saturday night... Relikh is 21-0-0 with 19 knockouts - That's a 90% KO rate... He is trained by Ricky Hatton, who claims he is the hardest punching super lightweight to ever lace a glove on...

Now, my little bottom explosions, lets go to the stats:

Ricky Burns has won only 4 of his last 8 fights...

Relikh has knocked his last 8 opponents out....

Hatton has struggles to find matches for him, hence the step up in competition.. A little research will show the man is a savage body puncher, totally brutal! He wants Broner (Ricky Burns next opponent).

As a side bet, add Kiryl into the 10/1 Flanna spectacular - That's a 37/1 side bet..... You know it makes sense...

So long Fur Ball's - you know what to do.... Grow a set and Invest!!

Advertisement