Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's be honest - It's money time...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Told ya kid. Hard biscuits, but having seen BJS in action, the youngfella was never going to bate him. He's slick as an otter's wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Any thoughts on the Crawford Beltran fight?
    Crawford TKO/KO at 2/1 could be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Didnt get the tko/ko, but very accomplished performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

My dear Fur Ball's.... It is time to stand accountable for yet another failure that transpired over the weekend...

As I walk through the valley of shot reputations, I have encountered many shylocks, chancers and bullshi**ers... But alas my dear scroutums, I too have fallen into that category..

Chris Eubank Jr put up a gallant display, unfortunately he didn't start firing on all cylinders until half way through the fight... As the great Joe Louis once said 'It wouldn't have been too late if you had started it earlier'' (True quote by the way)

The last few months have damaged my sterling reputation... I no longer feel I have the 'dressing room' on my side... When I first graced this cesspit of humanity, I was driven to provide for the many social outcasts, the misfits, the halfwits, the degenerates, eunuchs and the rest of life's miserable wretches....

Everybody will agree, that I became the Savior of this forum... I brought hope, prosperity and more drink to the minnions. I was revered as the second coming, the true boxing expert.... A humble, modest man...

But finally, the Sun is setting on an amazing journey... I feel the time has come to move on... I must now venture into a different section, and start saving souls all over again... Maybe the bra's and knickers section, can you imagine the manner of deviants I'd encounter there....??

So without further ado, I wish all of the regular contributors of this boxing forum a Merry Christmas and Happier New Year

I hope I didn't offend too many with my acid tongue... (It was never my intention to personally insult any person or groups)

Although I will no longer play an active role in the boxing section - I will be watching it over the coming weeks.... Having a giggle as the power struggle to take my top spot escalates....

Many thanks for the banter: TheBitterLemon, Josephball's, Duckhook,Talib Fiasco,FTA69. RubyWalsh...... The list goes on

For having patience and reasoning: Big Ears & Cork Girl

Good Luck my friends..... And as they say in the Eternal City - Bonjoir!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

flanna01 wrote: »
    My dear Fur Ball's.... It is time to stand accountable for yet another failure that transpired over the weekend...

As I walk through the valley of shot reputations, I have encountered many shylocks, chancers and bullshi**ers... But alas my dear scroutums, I too have fallen into that category..

Chris Eubank Jr put up a gallant display, unfortunately he didn't start firing on all cylinders until half way through the fight... As the great Joe Louis once said 'It wouldn't have been too late if you had started it earlier'' (True quote by the way)

The last few months have damaged my sterling reputation... I no longer feel I have the 'dressing room' on my side... When I first graced this cesspit of humanity, I was driven to provide for the many social outcasts, the misfits, the halfwits, the degenerates, eunuchs and the rest of life's miserable wretches....

Everybody will agree, that I became the Savior of this forum... I brought hope, prosperity and more drink to the minnions. I was revered as the second coming, the true boxing expert.... A humble, modest man...

But finally, the Sun is setting on an amazing journey... I feel the time has come to move on... I must now venture into a different section, and start saving souls all over again... Maybe the bra's and knickers section, can you imagine the manner of deviants I'd encounter there....??

So without further ado, I wish all of the regular contributors of this boxing forum a Merry Christmas and Happier New Year

I hope I didn't offend too many with my acid tongue... (It was never my intention to personally insult any person or groups)

Although I will no longer play an active role in the boxing section - I will be watching it over the coming weeks.... Having a giggle as the power struggle to take my top spot escalates....

Many thanks for the banter: TheBitterLemon, Josephball's, Duckhook,Talib Fiasco,FTA69. RubyWalsh...... The list goes on

goodbye my friend.. maybe take up poetry instead of boxing predictions or maybe comedy..oh wait no your not actually that funny:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Good night, sweet prince...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Everyone loves a comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 54,990 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You can't fcuk off after a post like this......

Merry Christmas to all my little Fur Ball's

May all your wishes come true for 2015...

May you be healthy and prosperous, and your family be near you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Same to you and more O Great One. Your New Years Resolution better be to get back on the gambling tip wagon (or maybe it's get off the wagon? :P).

• Advertisement

Greeting Underlings.... It's been a while since I stepped down as the most revered boxing guru ever to grace yourselves, and this forum.. I had vowed to never darken these doors again.... And like the late, lamented Elvis Presley, I had left the building for good.

It was with a heavy heart, that I watched countless natives marching to the very heart of the big smoke, protesting feverishly against the water charges, the property tax, and the curse of having to actively search for employment whilst being on the pigs back....

With tear filled eyes... I could take no more!

As the self imposed patron Saint of wasters, loafers and dead beats.... I know it is my duty to help these wretched souls.

So without further ado... The man is back!

Within the coming fortnight, another Flanna Spectacular will be posted, bringing joy and riches to the masses....

Till then Fur Ball's.

Greetings Fur Ball's.... Your souls are saved, your future's enlightened, the legendary boxing guru has returned....

It's been a while since I walked these corridors of power, my absence has been truly missed.

Ok pond life, lets get down to business.... Can't keep the minions in the dark too much longer.

So here it is.... The spectacular Flanna block buster...

1) John Molina
    2) Keith Thurman
    3) Sergey Kovalev
    4) Bradley Saunders
    5) Adonis Stevenson
    6) Peter Quillan
    7) Manny Pac

This is a 50/1 investment my little bottom wipes.... Get on and get rich!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Or give your money to Eddie Hobbs...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Greetings Fur Ball's.... Your souls are saved, your future's enlightened, the legendary boxing guru has returned....

It's been a while since I walked these corridors of power, my absence has been truly missed.

Ok pond life, lets get down to business.... Can't keep the minions in the dark too much longer.

1) John Molina
    2) Keith Thurman
    3) Sergey Kovalev
    4) Bradley Saunders
    5) Adonis Stevenson
    6) Peter Quillan
    7) Manny Pac

well 6 out of 7 look good..pac-man will he win?

wadacrack wrote: »
    well 6 out of 7 look good..pac-man will he win?

Molina lost last night so bet is a dud already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Molina lost last night so bet is a dud already.

Oops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭badabing106

1) John Molina
    2) Keith Thurman
    3) Sergey Kovalev
    4) Bradley Saunders
    5) Adonis Stevenson
    6) Peter Quillan
    7) Manny Pac

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Definitely worth a re investment, on the last six. If your not in you can't win!

Ok everybody..... Step aside and let the man through.

Greetings degenerates.. I have returned to cross your grubby palms with silver. Yes fur ball's, I am here today to give ye all a much needed lift - both morally and financially...

I have trawled through many of the active boards boxing forums, I have followed many of ye regular contributors, and I have spent many a night contemplating closing my account, never to return to this den of iniquity ever again.....

But alas, it keeps pulling me back in.

As many of you already know me, you will know that I am a humble man, a giver, a man that carries the torch for the afflicted... As the undisputed boxing investment genius of this forum... (And indeed the Island of Ireland), I am proud to present the next Flanna Spectacular.....

This little number will return a staggering 27/1 return...... It's a six week journey to the promised land, but untold riches await the brave. So here we go my little possoms....

1) Danny Garcia
    2) Peter Quillin
    3) Richard Abril
    4) Ruslan Provodnikov
    5) James DeGale
    6) Manny Pac

Now.... This super six pays out 27/1 - Serious boxing fans will see that it's a dead cert, a given, the dogs bolloxs. Sceptics will shy away from it for a multitude of reasons.... Remember my friends - 'Faint heart never won fair maiden'!

Get on, get rich..... So long ass wipes!

Damn Pacman! Otherwise damn tasty!

Greetings Mr Walsh... How did Cheltenham go?.. You did the country proud.

I have read many of your posts, and find you an interesting guy with informed opinions, we may drink sherry together one day, buy a race horse from the proceeds of a Flanna spectacular maybe...?

Many people I have spoken to, are of the same viewpoint as yourself... They cannot get their heads around a Mayweather defeat. I understand this, and will present a different side to the conundrum:

1) Unless you are oblivious to the Mayweather vs Pacquaio sage, everybody will agree that Floyd has been ducking the Pacman for at least 5yrs... We can put blame on blood tests, urine tests, different promoters, cable TV rights, Bob Arum... Hell, we can even say that the Moon is made from green cheese...... It all ends up with the same result - Hogwash!

2) Mayweather has purposely avoided this fight for a reason... He can't win it. Floyd has been tipping away with $30 million dollar fights happy as a pig in ****.... Maidana rocked him - that wasn't in the script! He got battered for the first time in ages... Even the second fight showed tell tale signs of Floyds demise.... Remember the 'He bit my hand incident'?? Mayweather was breathing heavy, he needed a break, Maidana had a gumshield in, Floyd has padded gloves on, his fists were wrapped.... Pleeeease..!!!

3) Manny is a southpaw - Not the preferred stance of the Mayweather camp.

4) Floyds uncle cannot make the fight due to ill health... That leaves his Father as the main cornerman, this is a recipe for disaster in anybody's books... The man cannot compose himself when the heat is turned up, there will be no calm words of reassurance in Floyds corner when the going gets tough.. (Remember the job he did for Hatton's fight against Pacquiao...ha ha).

5) Pacquaio is a relentless pressure fighter, always in your face, non-stop combination's, doesn't take a backward step - Exactly the opponent Mayweather struggles against.

6) Mayweather laboured to put Hatton away over ten rounds - Pac laid him out in two rounds.

7) Pac stopped Cotto - Mayweather didn't

8) Pac has a punch - Mayweather hasn't

9) Pac has been calling for this fight for years, Floyd has done everything in his power to avoid it. Mayweather is a slave to money, that's a given. So why fight $30 million dollar fights when there has always been the $100 million dollar fight out there?? The simple answer is that even his own fans were getting pissed off with him ducking the superfight.... For the May 2nd fight, he had to realistically choose between Pacquaio, Khan or Thurman.... The boxing public would not have accepted anything less. Kahn and Thurman bring in the standard $30 million bucks.... But there is a high possibility that they bring a loss too. Why sell your zero for $30 million when you can sell it for $100M / $120M???? Its all common sense.

10) Last but not least.... Floyd has an unbeaten record at the moment. The one guy that you can't beat is Old father time. Mayweather is in decline, any true boxing fan can see that. His knock out punch is long gone, and now he is being roughed up by pretenders. he knows the risks against the Khans and Thurmans of this world are too great... They bring speed to the table, and untold reserves of energy and problems, the risk to reward numbers are diminished with these two...

When looking at this fight... Don't believe the hype! There are two men entering the ring, one is full of doubts and insecurities, the other thinks it's his destiny - Go figure which is which......

• Advertisement

I agree. The only one I'd be really concerned about is DeGale. I see nothing other than a severe schooling from Dre Dirrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

I only agree with point 5 that Flanna the rest is a blatantdislike for Mayweather. Agree with you Talib Dirrell to give a lesson that night

Greetings Mr Walsh... How did Cheltenham go?.. You did the country proud.

I have read many of your posts, and find you an interesting guy with informed opinions, we may drink sherry together one day, buy a race horse from the proceeds of a Flanna spectacular maybe...?

Many people I have spoken to, are of the same viewpoint as yourself... They cannot get their heads around a Mayweather defeat. I understand this, and will present a different side to the conundrum:

1) Unless you are oblivious to the Mayweather vs Pacquaio sage, everybody will agree that Floyd has been ducking the Pacman for at least 5yrs... We can put blame on blood tests, urine tests, different promoters, cable TV rights, Bob Arum... Hell, we can even say that the Moon is made from green cheese...... It all ends up with the same result - Hogwash!

2) Mayweather has purposely avoided this fight for a reason... He can't win it. Floyd has been tipping away with $30 million dollar fights happy as a pig in ****.... Maidana rocked him - that wasn't in the script! He got battered for the first time in ages... Even the second fight showed tell tale signs of Floyds demise.... Remember the 'He bit my hand incident'?? Mayweather was breathing heavy, he needed a break, Maidana had a gumshield in, Floyd has padded gloves on, his fists were wrapped.... Pleeeease..!!!

3) Manny is a southpaw - Not the preferred stance of the Mayweather camp.

4) Floyds uncle cannot make the fight due to ill health... That leaves his Father as the main cornerman, this is a recipe for disaster in anybody's books... The man cannot compose himself when the heat is turned up, there will be no calm words of reassurance in Floyds corner when the going gets tough.. (Remember the job he did for Hatton's fight against Pacquiao...ha ha).

5) Pacquaio is a relentless pressure fighter, always in your face, non-stop combination's, doesn't take a backward step - Exactly the opponent Mayweather struggles against.

6) Mayweather laboured to put Hatton away over ten rounds - Pac laid him out in two rounds.

7) Pac stopped Cotto - Mayweather didn't

8) Pac has a punch - Mayweather hasn't

9) Pac has been calling for this fight for years, Floyd has done everything in his power to avoid it. Mayweather is a slave to money, that's a given. So why fight $30 million dollar fights when there has always been the $100 million dollar fight out there?? The simple answer is that even his own fans were getting pissed off with him ducking the superfight.... For the May 2nd fight, he had to realistically choose between Pacquaio, Khan or Thurman.... The boxing public would not have accepted anything less. Kahn and Thurman bring in the standard $30 million bucks.... But there is a high possibility that they bring a loss too. Why sell your zero for $30 million when you can sell it for $100M / $120M???? Its all common sense.

10) Last but not least.... Floyd has an unbeaten record at the moment. The one guy that you can't beat is Old father time. Mayweather is in decline, any true boxing fan can see that. His knock out punch is long gone, and now he is being roughed up by pretenders. he knows the risks against the Khans and Thurmans of this world are too great... They bring speed to the table, and untold reserves of energy and problems, the risk to reward numbers are diminished with these two...

When looking at this fight... Don't believe the hype! There are two men entering the ring, one is full of doubts and insecurities, the other thinks it's his destiny - Go figure which is which......

Hi,

I could refute all your points but it would take up the thread and spoil what the thread is for. If Manny beats Floyd then the bet is excellent. Still a few iffy ones, but the Manny win for me is the most unlikely of the lot.

Cheltenham was fine. Won sweet F all. I see my namesake, Ruby was very successful. Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.....:rolleyes:

BTW, Money doesn't need a corner-man. He is a one man show as regards what happens in and during a fight. It's innate in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Why do people go on about father time with Mayweather, and the fact he hasnt knocked anyone out in years etc... The exact same can be said for Pacman.

But in fairness to Manny on another night the ref would have stopped his fights with Margarito and Algieri early. Both should have went down as TKO's. I agree on the father time thing though, both are equally aged and past their best. Perhaps Manny more from more fights and having more wars.

There is a stir within the masses......

Nothing like getting the juices flowing after being dormant for a while..

My little chicken peas, I hear your voices.... Any signs of change is always met with resilience...

Most of the posts made regarding the 27/1 Flanna spectacular are mere opinion and conjecture.... Basically like a bunch of housewives debating the price of shopping at the local supermarkets... It really is neither here nor there...

The best way to prove the doubters and nay sayers wrong... It to let the wager play out (Quite simple really).

Granted the DeGale aspect of the wager will be no walk in the park.... But he will still be victorious, of that I have absolutely no doubts what so ever...

Now unfortunetly, I must pull one of the contributors for the most scurrilous of comments, one that ventures into the realms of slanderous outrage..... Yes my little Fur ball's, one of the underlings has tried to put post untruths about this forums legendry boxing investment guru.....

For the record.... I would follow Floyd Mayweather a million times over before I would switch allegiance to Manny Pac. I have watched all of Mayweathers fights countless times over... To suggest my forecast is bias due to a Mayweather dislike is preposterous, and unjust...

My little halfwits... My sole motivation is to bring financial happiness to this forum - You shouldn't slap a gift horse in the mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭badabing106

walshb wrote: »
    Hi,

I could refute all your points but it would take up the thread and spoil what the thread is for. If Manny beats Floyd then the bet is excellent. Still a few iffy ones, but the Manny win for me is the most unlikely of the lot.

In betting terms, you have to take into account that even if Manny easily wins this fight, he could just as easily "lose" this fight to a split decision.:(

Ok.... Step aside and let the man through...

The month of April is nearly upon us... Has everybody made the effort to raise the funds required for the 27/1 Flanna spectacular..???

Sometimes, there are propositions put before us that require us to grow a back bone... My little hens, this is one of them occasions that has come your way ..... There is a 27/1 pot of gold waiting for the brave. Let there be no mistake, it was destiny that drawn you to this thread....

With regards to the nervous pilgrims among us.... I hear you. I can understand the twitchy bottom syndrome... Ye fear that DeGale will be found wanting at the other side of the pond... That MoneyMay is indeed invincible... That all your liquor money will be squandered on a fools errand.... The fear of sobering up, followed by the shakes, the horrors, and all other aspects of sobriety is indeed an option that has to be duly considered....

However, take comfort from the Guru. Your money is safe, there is very little risk verses great reward. DeGale will challenge our resolve, and we will have to work the full twelve rounds to ensure the Flanna spectacular continues its momentum...

Have no fear about Pacquaio solving the Mayvinchi code.... It's a given.

Of course the vast majority of punters will see the Mayweather vs Pac fight as the critical piece of the Flanna spectacular jigsaw. Floyd has never been beat... So what? Ali got beat, Tyson got beat, Hagler got beat, Duran got beat, Hatton got beat, SR Leonard got beat.... Blah Blah Blah.... You get my drift??

Did Tim Bradley really beat Pac...??? C'mon, ..... everybody knows that was horsesh1t (No pun intended Ruby). He did get walloped by Marquez, so what? That's boxing, it happens.

Why did Floyd reject his own fans preferred opponent's poll last year??? I believe his mantra was 'Give the fans what they want' - So why did Maidana get the nod over Khan??? Floyd is his own boss, he picks and chooses who wind the lottery?? There would have been more money in a Khan fight.

My little Fur balls... The truth is that Mayweather has done everything in his power to avoid the Manny Pac fight for the last five years.. Even though it was / still is the richest fight in the history of boxing.... Why??

The answer my little cup cakes, is that, like Khan and Thurman, Floyd does not like fast, come forward, aggressive, relentless opponents - He struggles with them. If Maidana was getting through with shots, how easy will Pac land?

Mayweather is in trouble, and he knows he is.

Maidana was getting to Floyd with very basic, bar room brawl type of shots (In fairness, even I could predict his shots after two rounds... Over the top, and bang to the body, repeat, repeat, repeat......)

How will he cope with Manny's relentless combinations at different angles?? Oh yeah, combine that with breakneck speed too......!

Ok my little fluff balls - It's 27/1..... You need two things: Too have as much cash as possible wagered 2) Too grow a pair of steel ball's!

My friends - Faint heart never won fair maiden..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Hopefully the world gets on Pacquiao. Brings Mayweather price in to about 10/11 evens come fight night. Last time he was that price was against Hatton which was money for jam. I had a good few months on the strength of Mayweather after that

• Advertisement

Chrissybhoy - This is the second time our paths have crossed.....

I look forward to locking horns with you.... There will be only one winner.

Pilgrims - Ignore Chrissbhoy's non coherent ramblings, he clearly should be following badminton, or some other sissy sport. He attempts to post the opinions of the legendry boxing guru with scant regard for the truth...

As previously posted, I am a Mayweather fan. However, Investments are a different fish altogether...

** I could probably use Chrissybhoy to run errands or something... Maybe make him feel important in another way?? My driver maybe.. We'll see **

Advertisement