Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

hallo dare wrote: »
    Open 4.2. But you'll need a smart dns for to get anything working that's not Irish!

I had itv player working other evening, will check later when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Technofobe wrote: »
    The Amiko Alien 2+ now for €149 vat included in tv trade
    I Paid 165 for mine from there couple of months ago so thats a pretty good deal

http://www.tvtrade.ie/amiko-alien-2.html

Price seems to be down in a few other places too ,I wonder is the receiver reaching the end of line and existing stock is being sold off ?
    Does anyone know if the receivers are still being manufactured ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

there moving on to supporting the alien 3 , with the lack of triple tuners and bugs its still better to have the alien 2

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

I am having issues with 1channel movies (TSMedia) stuttering so wanted to verify the speed connection to the internet.
    Anyone interested in running a speedtest from the command line over ssh can do so as follows.

1. Copy the contents of this script into a file called speedtest.cli using vi editor: https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/blob/master/speedtest_cli.py
    spark7162:/home/root# vi speedtest.cli

2. Make the script executable
    spark7162:/home/root# chmod 777 speedtest.cli

3. Run the script.
    spark7162:/home/root# ./speedtest.cli
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from Eircom (86.x.x.x)...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by Digiweb (Dublin) [209.34 km]: 66.348 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 20.60 Mbits/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 10.65 Mbits/s
    spark7162:/home/root#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

cork_south wrote: »
    I am having issues with 1channel movies (TSMedia) stuttering so wanted to verify the speed connection to the internet.
    Anyone interested in running a speedtest from the command line over ssh can do so as follows.

1. Copy the contents of this script into a file called speedtest.cli using vi editor: https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/blob/master/speedtest_cli.py
    spark7162:/home/root# vi speedtest.cli

2. Make the script executable
    spark7162:/home/root# chmod 777 speedtest.cli

3. Run the script.
    spark7162:/home/root# ./speedtest.cli
    Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Testing from Eircom (86.x.x.x)...
    Selecting best server based on latency...
    Hosted by Digiweb (Dublin) [209.34 km]: 66.348 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 20.60 Mbits/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 10.65 Mbits/s
    spark7162:/home/root#

You going to explain how to use the vi editor ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

hallo dare wrote: »
    You didn't read my post properly?!

I've attached a link for you to have a look at.

http://www.eyeondemand.com/2013/05/07/how-to-access-foreign-tv-for-the-absolute-beginner/
    Your right I was still half asleep will give it a read
    I did download the latest openATV
    flashed it to the box
    Uploaded the dreamboxedit channel list that I had backed up from hyper 4
    into open ATV and it worked (surprise )
    had to flash back `to hyper4 before the wife comes home and catches me
    will try it again tomorrow
    Cheers lad
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

Hi guys, anyone know how to share from samsung phone to alien2. Is there a plugin like the airplay one? Ive got zardoz's hyp4 installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

cyndale wrote: »
    Other than using Cacheflush is there any other way to increase memory on Hyperion V4?

I've taken the advice given (appreciated) about improving memory and I have got the memory free back to about 45% and the box is responding much quicker. I've noticed when I turn the box off and turn it back on that if the memory has dropped it brings it back up as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Zardoz wrote: »
    Price seems to be down in a few other places too ,I wonder is the receiver reaching the end of line and existing stock is being sold off ?
    Does anyone know if the receivers are still being manufactured ?
    hi zardos by any chance would u have a copy of hyperion 4 for the alien 2 as i bought 1 today and thanks for the link to buy one its a great piece of kit

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Nowso wrote: »
    there moving on to supporting the alien 3 , with the lack of triple tuners and bugs its still better to have the alien 2

The main wholesaler for Amiko in the UK is running a price promo for the AA2+ , nothing about dropping the support for the AA2+ , even at that most of the support / images comes from third partys

• Advertisement

The main wholesaler for Amiko in the UK is running a price promo for the AA2+ , nothing about dropping the support for the AA2+ , even at that most of the support / images comes from third partys

for instance the installer plugin on Spark is down and not being supported. the main page for plugins which are needed for spark and enigma swtools.biz is down aswell

that is certainly support for the box being stopped imo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

for instance the installer plugin on Spark is down and not being supported. the main page for plugins which are needed for spark and enigma swtools.biz is down aswell

that is certainly support for the box being stopped imo

Thats Spark , you are the 1 in 10 that uses spark , the company behind spark are the company that makes the box .

E2 is going from strength to strength within the last few months the VIX project and Open ATV .

Thats Spark , you are the 1 in 10 that uses spark , the company behind spark are the company that makes the box .

E2 is going from strength to strength within the last few months the VIX project and Open ATV .

the e2 upgrade plugin is used to install and back up enigma 2 . etc

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Alien 2 (the hardware) is probably peaking now in terms of its product life-cycle. I hope there's a successor that has more processing power with options for internal hard disk storage, a twin terrestrial tuner etc.. Even now at €150 the Alien 2 is fantastic value.

Flex

hi zardos by any chance would u have a copy of hyperion 4 for the alien 2 as i bought 1 today and thanks for the link to buy one its a great piece of kit

Its in the firmware thread buddy
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92161598&postcount=322

Zardoz wrote: »
    hi guys have the alien 2 which has the e2 installed but want to upgrade it to hyperion 4 but when i boot spark and install flash drive to upgrade it says failed to find kernel.anybody know how to do it

are you using the e2 upgrade plugin . the usb should be in fat32 to work better to upgrade on spark

are you using the e2 upgrade plugin . the usb should be in fat32 to work better to upgrade on spark
    ok ill try fat32 thanks and will let u know

it is in fat32.. maybe its the usb stick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

you need both the plugin & the image files on the usb stick

• Advertisement

lensman wrote: »
    you need both the plugin & the image files on the usb stick
    ok can u explain...i have the zardoz image he gave me which has the uimage and the disk image file.what else do i need to do.ive tried re format 2 usb but wont upgrade

its also the alien 2+ if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I just got set up with an Alien 2 with Hyperion 3 installed on it. Will look at tinkering around, but could somebody summarise the differences between the various firmwares; Hyperion, OpenATV, Vix etc?

I'm looking for something very lightweight and responsive -- wouldn't be too much into plugins; maybe TSMedia and the catch-up TV stuff.

got it working cheers.now whats the login for dcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Username, root
    Password, pkteam

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jlong9

Hi, have installed Zardos hyperion 4 image but having a problem setting tuners to scan 13/19.2/23.5. There is an option to scan 4 sats but only 28.2 shows up. How do you scan or add other satellites?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

USB stick running out of diskspace?

Hi, I am running Champions' OpenATV (what a cool theme comes with it!) and am very happy with it.
    I rarely record but tried to a week ago and my 8gb usb stick was out of diskspace, mainly some file prefixed with pts_livebuffer.

I replaced it with a 32 GB stick but that one is full now too:

root@amikoalien:/media/hdd# ls -lrt
    drwx
    2 root root 16384 Oct 12 16:57 lost+found
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 12 17:07 timeshift
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 12 20:05 movie
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 260 Oct 13 13:08 pts_livebuffer.5.eit
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 270 Oct 14 00:20 pts_livebuffer.1.meta
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 807 Oct 14 00:20 pts_livebuffer.1.eit
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 219 Oct 14 00:50 pts_livebuffer.2.meta
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 818 Oct 14 00:50 pts_livebuffer.2.eit
    -rw
    1 root root 879653504 Oct 14 00:50 pts_livebuffer.1
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 280 Oct 14 01:49 pts_livebuffer.3.meta
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 286 Oct 14 01:49 pts_livebuffer.3.eit
    -rw
    1 root root 1713180832 Oct 14 01:49 pts_livebuffer.2
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 205 Oct 14 03:22 pts_livebuffer.4.meta
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 271 Oct 14 03:22 pts_livebuffer.4.eit
    -rw
    1 root root 2717682692 Oct 14 03:22 pts_livebuffer.3
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 93 Oct 14 05:29 pts_livebuffer.5.meta
    -rw
    1 root root 2278476152 Oct 14 05:29 pts_livebuffer.4
    -rw
    1 root root 20516827468 Oct 14 16:56 pts_livebuffer.5

I have permanent timeshift off. What is causing the disk to fill up and how do I switch it off?

jlong9 wrote: »
    Hi, have installed Zardos hyperion 4 image but having a problem setting tuners to scan 13/19.2/23.5. There is an option to scan 4 sats but only 28.2 shows up. How do you scan or add other satellites?

You will need to copy a new satellites.xml file to the box.
    You can create one here for what satellites you want and then copy it to /etc/enigma 2 then reboot box and you should be able to select other sats and scan them .
    http://satellites-xml.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Just setting up my brothers AA2 and everything is working perfectly apart from the fact that some fta channels come up with 'tune failed' no data on transponder? Anyone have any ideas?
    I know I've missed something!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement