Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

dish could have moved in the wind or channels may have changed since you tuned it .

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Will try dish Nowso thanks, should have mentioned he's not getting an epg but I suppose he won't if it's not getting a signal from transponder.

That aside, on Zardoz's H4 image I keep getting the 'voice over' on some channels, how do I turn this off in enigma?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Imstuck wrote: »
    Will try dish Nowso thanks, should have mentioned he's not getting an epg but I suppose he won't if it's not getting a signal from transponder.

That aside, on Zardoz's H4 image I keep getting the 'voice over' on some channels, how do I turn this off in enigma?
    Yellow button.
    Move off NAR

Lastest 28.2 changes

http://en.kingofsat.net/news.php?pos=28.2E

i change these in in my spark channel lists

Yeah don't think it's those Nowso as it's sky news, itv1 amongst others he can't get. Yet gets bbc1 and others no problem!
    I may get him to give the dish a nudge.
    The sat finder on Zardoz H4 image is also showing zero %

• Advertisement

sky news is the weakest transponder so that is the one to leave on when tuning .

move it against the prevailing wind

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Yeah don't think it's those Nowso as it's sky news, itv1 amongst others he can't get. Yet gets bbc1 and others no problem!

The channels have been tuned by running Autobouquets but are showing 0% ?
    0% usually indicates that a channel has moved frequency rather than a weak signal .
    Why dont you just ftp over your settings via Dreamboxedit and see if they work ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    The channels have been tuned by running Autobouquets but are showing 0% ?
    0% usually indicates that a channel has moved frequency rather than a weak signal .
    Why dont you just ftp over your settings via Dreamboxedit and see if they work ?

That's sounds like a perfect idea Zardoz, unfortunately it's directed at a dumbo (me) lol
    The sat finder just shows the % on the channel currently being viewed, yes?

He put the same image I have on from same Memory stick I used, untouched after, his box is brand new, so why would frequency be different? Could it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jlong9

"You will need to copy a new satellites.xml file to the box.
    You can create one here for what satellites you want and then copy it to /etc/enigma 2 then reboot box and you should be able to select other sats and scan them."

Hi Zardoz, thanks you the reply I had tried a new satellites.xml earlier but had entered it in ect/tuxbox without any luck. I have now entered it into etc/enigma2 and have the sat's showing in tuner setup now and am about to do a scan.

This is a great image and thanks again.

Originally Posted by Zardoz
    You can create one here for what satellites you want and then copy it to /etc/enigma 2 then reboot box and you should be able to select other sats and scan them."

Hi Zardoz, thanks you the reply I had tried a new satellites.xml earlier but had entered it in ect/tuxbox without any luck. I have now entered it into etc/enigma2 and have the sat's showing in tuner setup now and am about to do a scan.

This is a great image and thanks again.

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Zardoz

Hi Zardoz, I had tried a new satellites.xml earlier but had entered it in ect/tuxbox without any luck. I have now entered it into etc/enigma2 and have the sat's showing in tuner setup now and am about to do a scan.

This is a great image and thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭championc

I wonder if you have the same problem as I had. I tried a full re-scan and only got about 270 channels. Loads of frequencies were just not being seen by the box at all.

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

** The Ideal Sly box replacemement image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

How did you resolve Champs? Is it on this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭championc

How did you resolve Champs? Is it on this thread?

I haven't !!!

I used another box for now - my single tuner 8900

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

** The Ideal Sly box replacemement image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

I'll try the dish movement, then see if the non viewable channels are at same frequency as my own and then as it's a brand new box, would it be worth getting onto lavatronics if no success??

I'll try the dish movement, then see if the non viewable channels are at same frequency as my own and then as it's a brand new box, would it be worth getting onto lavatronics if no success??

it depends where he bought them

but theres no warrenty on the enigma2 engine just the spark

see if he can get sky news on spark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I'd first put your mates box onto your dish and see what the channels are like before messing at his dish.

Best of luck dealing with that other shower should you need to contact them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Has anyone tried the latest OpenATV 4.2 image from the firmware thread yet? I flashed my box yesterday coming from Hyperion 4 and I couldn't believe how slow it was. Even with the swap enabled the menu's were extremely slow to scroll through, (5-8 sec) delays etc. I did not even go any further as I had limited time before the 2yr came in expecting cartoonito :) So I flipped back to Hyperion.

Was I expecting too much from I suppose what is essentially a beta image? I would be interested to hear from anyone else who installed the latest 4.2 image. Did anyone else experience the very slow performance and how did you resolve it? I also switched away from the sky skin to the default and it made very little difference. Actually while switching the box also hung so at that point I decided to move back to hyperion.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

I have somewhat the same problem.Channels not working.They are there but are blacked out and showing 0%.
    I reckon its the change in frequency.
    How do you go about retuning them in????

anoble66 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the latest OpenATV 4.2 image from the firmware thread yet? I flashed my box yesterday coming from Hyperion 4 and I couldn't believe how slow it was. Even with the swap enabled the menu's were extremely slow to scroll through, (5-8 sec) delays etc. I did not even go any further as I had limited time before the 2yr came in expecting cartoonito :) So I flipped back to Hyperion.

Was I expecting too much from I suppose what is essentially a beta image? I would be interested to hear from anyone else who installed the latest 4.2 image. Did anyone else experience the very slow performance and how did you resolve it? I also switched away from the sky skin to the default and it made very little difference. Actually while switching the box also hung so at that point I decided to move back to hyperion.

Thanks

I'm using openatv 4.2 as my daily runner and find it perfect.

Firstly ftp into the box and delete all in your Crossepg folder.

Secontly, delete any plugins that you don't want, can free up the box nicely.

Thirdly, have cacheflush active.

I have a Sky skin running on mine the whole time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Thanks, maybe I will give it another try when I have more time to tinker then. Thanks

Latest update with the missing channels, he has sky news so it isn't a dish problem I imagine, so it's something with the frequencys, how do we go about putting them right?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

hallo dare wrote: »
    I'm using openatv 4.2 as my daily runner and find it perfect.

Do you have Permanent Timeshift installed? Mine says it does (but I can't uninstall it?) and I have it switched off in Settings but it seems to fill up my USB key even if when switched off. Do you have the same problem?

Latest update with the missing channels, he has sky news so it isn't a dish problem I imagine, so it's something with the frequencys, how do we go about putting them right?
    Imstuck,
    What channels has he missing??
    I will have a look at mine at 1 o'clock and let ya know what i have missing.
    There was a frequency change as Nowso posted but I dont know exactly how to scan them in.
    Maybe autobouquets??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Go to menu, setup service searching, automatic scan
    Clear before scan yes
    Scan dvb-s2 yes
    Scan dvb-t no
    Press ok

Wait till it finishes and run autobouquets again.
    If all channels aren't there afterwards it must be a misaligned dish or something.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Clear before scan yes
    Scan dvb-s2 yes
    Scan dvb-t no
    Press ok

If all channels aren't there afterwards it must be a misaligned dish or something.

Will give that a shot at luchtime

Redriddick wrote: »
    Imstuck,
    What channels has he missing??
    I will have a look at mine at 1 o'clock and let ya know what i have missing.
    There was a frequency change as Nowso posted but I dont know exactly how to scan them in.
    Maybe autobouquets??

It would be easier to tell you what he has lol!!
    Trying Fresh pots advice in next half hour too, so will report back

Wcool wrote: »
    Do you have Permanent Timeshift installed? Mine says it does (but I can't uninstall it?) and I have it switched off in Settings but it seems to fill up my USB key even if when switched off. Do you have the same problem?

No problems here. I use it the whole time, only uses space on my usb if i save a recording. Try turning it off in plugins.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Clear before scan yes
    Scan dvb-s2 yes
    Scan dvb-t no
    Press ok

Did that FPots, and all the channels were found, however after running autobouqets, when channel selected, it came up; 'channel unavailable, check tuner configuration'. This includes bbc1,2 and many many others.

I can't get bbc3 for example on my own box, I select it and put in correct frequency, and then it says 'Sid not in pat'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

hallo dare wrote: »
    No problems here. I use it the whole time, only uses space on my usb if i save a recording. Try turning it off in plugins.

It is actually turned off, that's the weird thing. I can see from ipkg list-installed it is not installed but in
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/PermanentTimeshift i can see the script.

I am thinking about removing that directory manually now.

Weird also: I can't find PermanentTimeshift in the OpenATV plugin repository online. I wonder how ChampionC (i use his orginal image from Aug) installed it Probably manually from another repository.

On OpenATV itself: absolutely love it, it's very fast for me an the interface is a delight compared to any previous skin. Also it is the first image that updates everything automatically with no hassle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement