Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Hi
    Very happy with my set up so would like to make a back up of it I know how to do it using spark menu method but that only does an image backup, I see in the Enigma2 menu under software there are options to backup, would one of these backup my entire system setup or just the ATV image
    Cheers

Entire system setup? as in Enigma and spark? Answer is no, 2 side of the box, seperate to each other Spark side and E2 side.

I think the Hyperion 4 image has various options you can check/uncheck as to what you want to backup or not, but it takes alot longer than booting into spark, backing up and booting back to E2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Installed the Vix image posted earlier.
    way more responsive than the H4 image I had.
    Nice clean and simple.
    The on demand will be useful too.

Hopefully it will please the rest of the house

Thanks,

Gar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

gar wrote: »
    Installed the Vix image posted earlier.
    way more responsive than the H4 image I had.
    Nice clean and simple.
    The on demand will be useful too.

Hopefully it will please the rest of the house

Thanks,

Gar
    Yes it seems to be the best image around at the moment. I'm using it with the BlueHD (Similar look to sky) skin I got from the downloads section and its running very smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

hallo dare wrote: »
    Entire system setup? as in Enigma and spark? Answer is no, 2 side of the box, seperate to each other Spark side and E2 side.

I think the Hyperion 4 image has various options you can check/uncheck as to what you want to backup or not, but it takes alot longer than booting into spark, backing up and booting back to E2.

Ok thanks for your reply... It's funny I got the amiko alien 2 this day last week and after a few hours playing with it my head was wrecked from it, I siad I'm never going to get it going da wife's going to kill me, but a week on and and a massive thanks to you guys on this thread I'm now thankfully able to hand the remote over to da wife and say there ya go luv

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

givecredit wrote: »
    You say your Aerial is in attic. Best have it outside on chimney. You may have had signal before and now lost it now in summer months due to foliage on trees etc....

Fair point although with Spark picking it up I wondered was it an issue on Hyperion. I'll take bappelbe's suggestion and give another image a shot. Hopefully I can avoid installing antenna externally...

• Advertisement

Had the box freeze up on changing channels using vix4sh4. Might not be as stable as first thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Had the box freeze up on changing channels using vix4sh4. Might not be as stable as first thought.

Did you do the update this morning? Wonder if it's a result of that?

Yeah I updated last night and then again this morning there were a few more updates. Could be down to the updates or maybe the problem was always there. It's kinda crap that they don't upload the updated images to the website like openatv.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

James_M wrote: »
    Fair point although with Spark picking it up I wondered was it an issue on Hyperion. I'll take bappelbe's suggestion and give another image a shot. Hopefully I can avoid installing antenna externally...

Just a thought,when I installed hyperion first I also could not get Saorview to tune in even though it was fine on spark,but then realised in manual scan I also had to change bandwidth from the default 7mhz to 8mhz and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Just a little recommendation (if you didn't know already!) for people who like to watch movies and tv series on their AA2, XBMC Addons is a lovely little plugin, it's not the full XBMC but it is very good. Once installed there are lots of add-ons you can install. Mashup is an excellent add-on for movies/series, just about all the links work with no buffering and the quality is excellent. There are live TV streams and sporting events which are little more hit and miss as you'd expect.

I really recommend downloading it as it's far superior to the like of TS Media and the 1Channel plugins

There are lots of other add-on you can download to it, MashUp and NaviXtreme are two of the best but you should play around with the others and see what's on offer.

enigma2-plugin-extensions-xbmcaddons_7.0_r0_all.ipk

To install just FTP the file to TMP and install it from the box, or alternatively use 7zip to extract the files and FTP to the root

iypfgy.jpg.2cgjuys.jpg.b6rrr9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm uploading a copy of my Hyperion 4 backup which has a few modifications.

Firstly it has the amixer audio boost script running so the audio levels are louder and more like Spark and other receiver levels.
    You will no longer have to increase the volume levels on your tv to high levels and the fix doesn't distort the audio.

Secondly the extended keymapper is included so extra buttons can be mapped in the blue panel.
    Its the same as the official inbuilt PKT keymapper but with added code.Thanks to data devil

The tuxtext.ttf file has also been replaced,the teletext font is alot more rounded,larger and easier on the eye ,unlike the inbuilt teletext which is designed for eastern european languages.

History Zap Selector is included ,handy for channel browsing .(Prev/Next Button)
    Use Recall to switch between 2 channels.

Record Infobar is also included

I have also tweaked a few of the button configurations and settings .

The Vfd fix has been applied so newer boxes have a working display panel.

It is configured for 28e and Saorview ,all picons are installed as is an up to date channel list .
    Autobouquets (most recent version) and Rats Bouquet Loader are installed if you'd prefer to use these .

The following plugins are installed and working well:
    AutoTimer,AutoVolumeAdjustment,CacheFlush aka Clearmem,CrossEPG 0.8.1,CoolTVGuide v7.0 (opens on EPG) ,Rats Picons,RTE Player,1channel (latest version),IPTV Loader,TMDB,TVDB,Mediaportal,Airplayer and WebInterface

Oscam is installed and running,you just need to edit the oscam.server file.
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam
    FTP: user:root ,pass:pkteam

Crossepg 0.8.1 is configured to update when the box is in standby .

Virtualzap is not installed as I am unhappy with its performance ,it is a memory hog.

It is running PLi-HD skin but there are a few other Skins to try if you dont like that.
    The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for HDMI at 720p.
    Saorview is tuned for Mullaghanish

This is an extremely solid image and very quick ,I have been running it for the last 3 months .
    Many thanks to the PKT team,data devil, and other plugin developers who have put in sterling work with the different code involved in this backup.
    Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AADLsHRr3Hu-aTDzhyKRemhna/Hyperion%204%20%20Backup%20Sep%202014/Hyperion%204%20Public%20Backup.zip?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Zardoz wrote: »
    This is an extremely solid image and very quick ,I have been running it for the last 3 months .
    Enjoy

For me, Hyperion 4 is the hands down the best image for this box to date. It has been my main image for the last few months (I test pretty much every other image too) and it never lets me down or green screens. I find it the fastest and most responsive of all the images too.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

I'm running hv4 fresh pots image.
    How can I tune in UTV & STV, I can only see ITV?

cork_south wrote: »
    I'm running hv4 fresh pots image.
    How can I tune in UTV & STV, I can only see ITV?

They should be there if you go to providers navigate to bskyb and then in there find both channels. You can add them to favourites from there by pressing the menu button

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Just a little recommendation (if you didn't know already!) for people who like to watch movies and tv series on their AA2, XBMC Addons is a lovely little plugin, it's not the full XBMC but it is very good. Once installed there are lots of add-ons you can install. Mashup is an excellent add-on for movies/series, just about all the links work with no buffering and the quality is excellent. There are live TV streams and sporting events which are little more hit and miss as you'd expect.

I really recommend downloading it as it's far superior to the like of TS Media and the 1Channel plugins

There are lots of other add-on you can download to it, MashUp and NaviXtreme are two of the best but you should play around with the others and see what's on offer.

enigma2-plugin-extensions-xbmcaddons_7.0_r0_all.ipk

To install just FTP the file to TMP and install it from the box, or alternatively use 7zip to extract the files and FTP to the root

iypfgy.jpg.2cgjuys.jpg.b6rrr9.jpg

Thanks for that. Will install that when I get home. So I just FTP the ipk file to TMP? Where do I go to install it then? Will it be in the plugins section?

EDIT: Sorry. Just realised I need to extract the ipk file which gives me a DATA zip file which I extract which then gives me a USR file which i ftp to the TMP directory.

gazzer wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Will install that when I get home. So I just FTP the ipk file to TMP? Where do I go to install it then? Will it be in the plugins section?

EDIT: Sorry. Just realised I need to extract the ipk file which gives me a DATA zip file which I extract which then gives me a USR file which i ftp to the TMP directory.

No you only put the ipk in tmp if your going to install it using the installer. If your planning on ftping the files over extract the usr folder and put it in /. Then reboot and it should be installed.

No you only put the ipk in tmp if your going to install it using the installer. If your planning on ftping the files over extract the usr folder and put it in /. Then reboot and it should be installed.

Got ya. I should really read things carefully before posting :):) Thanks for that.

They should be there if you go to providers navigate to bskyb and then in there find both channels. You can add them to favourites from there by pressing the menu button

Thx. Will try this when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Groucho2000

Sorry if these are silly questions or have been answered before. With the PVR, can you record over a network to a NAS for example? Also, what file type is created by the PVR? Can it be played by any media player etc. Thanks

Sorry for the stupid question but where can I find Providers?

• Advertisement

I extracted the file which left me with a usr folder. I ftp'd this to the root of the box and rebooted but I cant see the application. Do I have to go to Plugins and download it? If so I have gone there but cant see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

Installed this and downloaded plugins. Neither mash up or navi would work on openatv 4.2 image. Could not get any links to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Sorry for the stupid question but where can I find Providers?
    Providers will be on one of the coloured buttons on the bottom of the screen

thanks for posting
    I tried this yesterday but in my case when I installed it said it was no longer supported and when I tried to update it green screened
    I did download some addons and the links worked
    But something wiggy on my image when I stream anything it tends to go to muck and crash but this I think is just my image
    thanks anyway

I finally got this ftp'd over correctly. The plugin was on the box when I rebooted. When I launched the plug in I was brought into a screen with 3 options (Addons, Settings and Exit)

I went into Addons and there are 4 menu options there (Delete addons, Script Modules, Software, Moreaddons)

Do I have to run some scripts or install certain software from this plugin to get it working?

Thanks

I finally got this ftp'd over correctly. The plugin was on the box when I rebooted. When I launched the plug in I was brought into a screen with 3 options (Addons, Settings and Exit)

I went into Addons and there are 4 menu options there (Delete addons, Script Modules, Software, Moreaddons)

Do I have to run some scripts or install certain software from this plugin to get it working?

Thanks
    I have uninstalled it but I think I went to more addons

Technofobe wrote: »
    Providers will be on one of the coloured buttons on the bottom of the screen

Cool. I found BSKYB but UTV and STV are not there. Would they be under a different Provider?
    I did find and added Chanell 5 +24 and ITV Encore to favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I'm having an issue on a few channels where the sound drops out intermittently for a second or two on some channels, i have noticed it on the BBC HD channels.

I thought it might be where a channel was recording at the same time but the issue is still happening this morning when nothing is been recorded.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm just trying to figure out if it is the STB, dish or image issue.

TIA

I'm having an issue on a few channels where the sound drops out intermittently for a second or two on some channels, i have noticed it on the BBC HD channels.

I thought it might be where a channel was recording at the same time but the issue is still happening this morning when nothing is been recorded.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm just trying to figure out if it is the STB, dish or image issue.

TIA
    Could it be the selected audio is the narrated one that you get on bbc hd
    for visually impared it plays a description of whats happening for people
    if you press the yellow button and select a different audio does it still happen
    or if you try the SD version of bbc does it still happen

• Advertisement

Cool. I found BSKYB but UTV and STV are not there. Would they be under a different Provider?
    I did find and added Chanell 5 +24 and ITV Encore to favourites.
    I would scan channels again and pick a blind scan
    then go into the red button for all providers and scroll down to UTV HD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement