Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Yeh seems to be lots of problems since the upgrade to V8 which is a shame, lots of green screens, the Alluc plugin seems to be the best one. They are working on it apparently though.

Sports Devil worked perfectly on the previous version.

Cheers ssh'd into the box as root and found the add ons had filled up my internal drive to 99% usage.
    I wiped the extension folder and its booting OK again, phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

I have a voice over on BBC channels for periods without dialogue. Is this part of the channel or something I can turn off. I am using Open ATV 4.2 - not champs version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

lsjmhar wrote: »
    I have a voice over on BBC channels for periods without dialogue. Is this part of the channel or something I can turn off. I am using Open ATV 4.2 - not champs version.
    On some of the HD channels there is an addtional audio for visually impaired
    An audio description
    On hyper 4 you can press the yellow key and select a different audio

I have notice though that when you change the audio the volume drops considerably
    Maybe someone here will tell us if you can filter out this addtional audio stream when scanning channels ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Technofobe wrote: »
    An audio description

Think it's f1 on openatv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

An audio description

On Open ATV I have mpeg and ac3 options when I hit yellow button. There is no audio option. Under menu I don't see any options either.

• Advertisement

On Open ATV I have mpeg and ac3 options when I hit yellow button. There is no audio option. Under menu I don't see any options either.
    Select ac3 to get rid of the addtional audio
    But certainly on hyper 4 it switches itself back on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

cork_south wrote: »
    Installed this, added Sports Devil app, got green screen and now the box only boots to the Sky logo. :-(

Avoid!

Same with me. I installed 3 add ons and each of them gave me the green screen and would not boot back up correctly. I ended up having to re flash the box. Not going anywhere near that plug in again :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

gazzer wrote: »
    Same with me. I installed 3 add ons and each of them gave me the green screen and would not boot back up correctly. I ended up having to re flash the box. Not going anywhere near that plug in again :):)

Same here fs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

gazzer wrote: »
    Same here fs

The update to it was a complete mess, I took it off the box for the moment too. Such a shame because Version 7 was a great little plugin.

The update to it was a complete mess, I took it off the box for the moment too. Such a shame because Version 7 was a great little plugin.

The problem with the plug in is that when you install the add ons to it, it installs them in the internal memory by default.

If you install too many, like I did, you fill your root partition and the box cannot boot up properly.

If you ssh in after boot up you can remove the XBMC add on folder and reboot and that should fix it.
    Quicker than re-imaging anyway.

• Advertisement

The problem with the plug in is that when you install the add ons to it, it installs them in the internal memory by default.

If you install too many, like I did, you fill your root partition and the box cannot boot up properly.

I had about 8 addons installed on the previous version and it worked without a problem.

Even with just one addon added like MashUp, it green screens now on the new version, so it's not a storage issue.

I had about 8 addons installed on the previous version and it worked without a problem.

Even with just one addon added like MashUp, it green screens now on the new version, so it's not a storage issue.

It certainly was a storage issue that rendered my box useless.
    Once I resolved the storage issue the box booted correctly.

It certainly was a storage issue that rendered my box useless.
    Once I resolved the storage issue the box booted correctly.

Oh I don't disagree with that, but aside from what happened to you, the plugin itself is majorly bugged in this latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Using the Vix image and have had a few crashes.
    I have since installed cache flush plugin so hopefully that helps.
    Also for the life I cannot find how to set it go go into auto stand by.
    Can I program in for it to reboot every night?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭x PHEONIX x

gar wrote: »

There is no such thing as a ViX image for any SH4 based receiver, this image was created and named as such for the sole purpose of gaining lavatronics hardware sales, while providing them excuse to deny customers support when things go wrong as they dont officially support the image they are building.

There is no such thing as a ViX image for any SH4 based receiver, this image was created and named as such for the sole purpose of gaining lavatronics hardware sales, while providing them excuse to deny customers support when things go wrong as they dont officially support the image they are building.

Im using this one:
    givecredit wrote: »
    VIX4SH4 image released for sh4 receivers. I will post a backup when I get a chance.

System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
    Distro: ViX4SH4
    Firmware version: 1.0.001
    Driver date: 20140815
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0216
    Gui version: 2014-09-07

Link to image download:

http://www.vix4sh4.com/downloads/

Should I be not using it? It seems to be getting regular updates and works better for me than the H4 did.
    Have not tried OpenATV 4.2. Better option?

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

Hi

I just put all the FTAs into the favourite bouquet and delete all the others. Transfer them from the last scanned bouquet by hitting menu and move to bouquet. I tend to do two separate scans - one terrestrial and one satellite - transferring channels after each scan and then reordering them in the favourites.

I get rid of all the other bouquets when I have the channels I want - keeps the missus happy as it is easier to navigate.

Thanks Isjmhar,

I thought of that all right. I'd love an automated way of doing it. Based on the configuration options for AutoBouquetes it seems possible, but maybe the plugin is not working at the moment.

Im using this one:

Should I be not using it? It seems to be getting regular updates and works better for me than the H4 did.
    Have not tried OpenATV 4.2. Better option?

Gar

Use it if you wish but as I said it is not a ViX image, nor will it be supported by ViX. Lavatronics basically used our name (without permission), to dupe users into thinking they were receiving ViX support so they can sell hardware. rite now it seems to be getting updates, but going by previous experience with lavatronics, that could end very quickly as they dont officially support the image, even if they are building it.

Use it if you wish but as I said it is not a ViX image, nor will it be supported by ViX. Lavatronics basically used our name (without permission), to dupe users into thinking they were receiving ViX support so they can sell hardware. rite now it seems to be getting updates, but going by previous experience with lavatronics, that could end very quickly as they dont officially support the image, even if they are building it.

Ah OK. What are you using?

I don't use SH4 based receivers I only use boradcom mips based receivers and with those I use the ViX image, but thats probably obvious as I am a ViX team member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭Zardoz

She isnt using any image because the Alien 2 is in her words "a total pile of crap" and a "poorly built piece of junk".
    Isnt that right Pheonix ?

You have done nothing but slate the Alien 2 and other Sh4 receivers at every chance you have possibly had .
    The receiver has flourished in spite of you and your crew and has a huge following on these forums where it is highly rated.

Kindly go back to WOS and spread your propaganda there ,its not welcome here.

Zardoz wrote: »
    She isnt using any image because the Alien 2 is in her words "a total pile of crap" and a "poorly built piece of junk".
    Isnt that right Pheonix ?

You have done nothing but slate the Alien 2 and other Sh4 receivers at every chance you have possibly had .
    The receiver has flourished in spite of you and your crew and has a huge following on these forums where it is highly rated.

Kindly go back to WOS and spread your propaganda there ,its not welcome here.

Go back to your forum and crawl back up the welsh boys rear end you fool. I have not said a bad word against any SH4 receiver here, I simply pointed out that the quoted image is not from ViX even though it's creator has chosen to take that name to fool users into thinking it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Go back to your forum and crawl back up the welsh boys rear end you fool. I have not said a bad word against any SH4 receiver here, I simply pointed out that the quoted image is not from ViX even though it's creator has chosen to take that name to fool users into thinking it is.

Now now ,no need to reveal your true side with the nasty stuff.
    Your forum ?? welsh boy ??
    I have not said a bad word against any SH4 receiver here

Are you denying that you referred to the Alien 2 as "a total pile of crap" and "a poorly built piece of junk" on your forum as recently as June ?

givecredit wrote: »
    Words from creator of the VIX4SH4 image Anthony:

"ViX4SH4 - What's the story?
    ViX4SH4 is the culmination of a personal project of mine which started out around a year ago with a desire to learn more about Enigma2 and the building of E2 images for various receivers. I started out by getting interested in how images were built and plenty of reading, researching, trialing and testing with the advent of the OE-Alliance and some great help along the way from some OE-Alliance members and some long time help from one or two members on here I managed to successfully create a few builds of E2 firmware for various Broadcom based receivers, my idea at the time being to build an OpenViX firmware for some of those receivers that they didn't/don't officially support, that I did and I hope a few of you are still making use of them to this day.

Time moved on and things changed, it became not so easy to build from OE-Alliance and my interest became lost a little, that was until few months ago when we had the first interest and introduction of support for SH4 based receivers into the OE-Alliance base (or at least a fork of at the time), the guys that did this are owed a massive amount of thanks and respect from us all interested in SH4 receivers and Enigma2 (in my own opinion especially Sklnet and OpenATV Captain), they have really moved the whole SH4 E2 project forward for us all to a totally different level, never before have we been able to achieve with E2 what we now can from these receivers, and it's mainly thanks to these guys!

Anyway the thought of official OE-Alliance based images on SH4 receivers (in my case the Amiko Alien and Alien2) peaked my interest again, we've seen some fantastic images out recently from OpenATV for the Alien and Alien2 and I can not give enough thanks for that and a few grabbing the SH4 and E2 by the scruff of the neck and producing something we all probably knew was possible but while close in the past had never quite reached the level of support we'd all hoped and wanted - It now has and with this in mind and where I went with my previous ventures I decided to try my hand at producing a OpenViX type firmware but for the Amiko Alien and Alien2 receivers, and after months more learning, trying and testing I'm happy to say I've produced something which I think is worthy of being released for you all to have a try out of and (hopefully) enjoy!

I will be posting more detailed information on what the firmware releases are and what they do over the next day or so (hopefully tomorrow and with some screen shots) but for tonight I just wanted to post this up here and get them out for you all to try. I will just finish off by saying again this is all a personal project of mine and I am well and truly still learning as I go along, it's not an officially supported Lavatronics or OpenViX project (please don't turn up on their forum asking for support - they are not going to and it's not fair to ask - they absolutely have my own thanks for OpenViX though and the hard work that's been put in to create what has been achieved by their images), but this (the ViX4SH4 project) is simply something that interests me as a personal project and seems to be taking up a lot of my spare time lately(!), while I love it right now though I make no promises on where this will go and what will happen in the future, right now I'm just enjoying the project and challenge and hope long may it continue, who knows for the future though but I hope some of you will take as much enjoyment out of using this as I have trying to put it all together and seeing the end (or should that be the beginning) results.

Enjoy "

I think it was pointed out very early on this was not officialy supported

So no need to get all hot and bothered or try scare people off
    its just another image worth trying
    as for no support
    Here on the amiko thread we are all trying to help each other if something dont work no biggie
    we can just flash a new one no need for scaremongering
    If you dont feel like helping dont bother

Zardoz wrote: »
    Now now ,no need to reveal your true side with the nasty stuff.
    Your forum ?? welsh boy ??

Are you denying that you referred to the Alien 2 as "a total pile of crap" and "a poorly built piece of junk" on your forum as recently as June ?

Absolutely not, I do think there crap, which is why there is no ViX image for them.

I think it was pointed out very early on this was not officialy supported

So no need to get all hot and bothered or try scare people off
    its just another image worth trying
    as for no support
    Here on the amiko thread we are all trying to help each other if something dont work no biggie
    we can just flash a new one no need for scaremongering
    If you dont feel like helping dont bother

I simply replied to correct a user who wrongly referred to this image as a ViX image which it is not. I could care less about the support it gets, Lavatronics are free to base a image on ViX or what ever the hell they want to, but they have no rite to use the name ViX, the only reason they did was to con users into thinking it has ViX support which it does not.

I simply replied to correct a user who wrongly referred to this image as a ViX image which it is not. I could care less about the support it gets, Lavatronics are free to base a image on ViX or what ever the hell they want to, but they have no rite to use the name ViX, the only reason they did was to con users into thinking it has ViX support which it does not.
    Get over it already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Add the following to the crontab for a 4am daily reboot

* 4 * * * /usr/init.d/reboot

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

** The Ideal Sly box replacemement image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

**newbie disclaimer**

Hi lads, very interested in getting an amiko alien. Was looking for some advice/guidance.

I have a TV in the living room with the following feeds:
    - RF feed from sky+ hd box and magic eye
    - 1 satellite cable
    - 1 cable from saorview aerial

Now, I also have a NUC acting as a media server in another room. What I would like is to have one box support the following:
    - view the RF out from the sky box
    - view freesat channels independently of the sky box
    - view saorview channels independently of the sky box
    - view XBMC (photos/videos/movies) content stored ont he NUC

Would an amiko alien triple tuner 2 be able to do all the above?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

A pair of diplexers will allow you to have the 2 sat feeds and 1 saorview feed on 2 cables for the triple tuner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement