Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

I’ve been travelling for a few weeks and wanted to check if there’s been any progress on robust builds in the past few weeks?

I have an Amiko 2 Plus Triple Tuner and tried the OpenATV image but it was problematic, and for the past few weeks I’ve had Hyperion image on it which just about works but has frequent delays where a loading icon appears for several seconds and often needs to be switched off at the back of the box and turned back on. Wondering if my 3TB USB 3 HDD may be related to that?

Basically, I’ve exhausted all patience within the house so just need to get a build that will do the basics of live TV, pausing TV, EPG, and recording without any issues working as soon as possible so do appreciate any advice.
    If your just after rock solid stability with no frills at all
    then spark is the one

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

No it's not the DCC that turns red, it's when doing the network test, at work ATM so will post later, it gouges DHCP green (ok) wireless connection green (connected) IP address red, name server red

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hey Guys,

Anyone know where I can get the multiquick button ipk ? Ive searched on google but cant find any working/safe links.

Or can you tell me if there is another way that when I press the EPG button on the remote I get the Cool Nice Guide instead of the normal guide ?

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Technofobe wrote: »
    If your just after rock solid stability with no frills at all
    then spark is the one

seems a few people switching to spark as Enigma 2 is not stable enough

i havnt booted to enigma2 in months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Nowso wrote: »
    seems a few people switching to spark as Enigma 2 is not stable enough

i havnt booted to enigma2 in months

More like they can't figure out or aren't comfortable upgrading to the latest enigma, I have Hyperion 4 on three boxes, mine, mother and fathers and my brothers, no issues and no complaints, I'd be tortured if there was. Hyperion 4 is rock solid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

More like they can't figure out or aren't comfortable upgrading to the latest enigma, I have Hyperion 4 on three boxes, mine, mother and fathers and my brothers, no issues and no complaints, I'd be tortured if there was. Hyperion 4 is rock solid.

+1
    I have been using enigma for about 18 months now and it is rock solid for watching TV, if you are experimenting with new plugins or beta versions then you may have problems.
    My wife and kids have never seen a crash (I have, but that is when I was playing with it)

There are glitches but they are rare on an image like Hyperion 4 esp if you are using the plugins that are included as part of an image posted here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Enigma2 if set up right is what keeps this box selling. Spark is brutal. Huge advantages with enigma2 over spark!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

You should have 4 views, 2 with preview, 2 full screen no preview

Sorted, had to adjust "coolpico item height" in menu

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Anyone know where I can get the multiquick button ipk ? Ive searched on google but cant find any working/safe links.

Or can you tell me if there is another way that when I press the EPG button on the remote I get the Cool Nice Guide instead of the normal guide ?

Thanks
    On Hyperion 4 image
    Menu
    PKT Blue Panel
    settings
    Key Mapper
    9th line down Says EPG Key action press right on remote till you see cool tV guide
    Press green button to save

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Technofobe wrote: »
    On Hyperion 4 image
    Menu
    PKT Blue Panel
    settings
    Key Mapper
    9th line down Says EPG Key action press right on remote till you see cool tV guide
    Press green button to save

+1 for this method, multiquickbutton always used cause me problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

I'm using Fresh Pots Hv4 (great image) with the Kerni-HD1R2 skin.

What skin does everyone else use?
    Any advantage to using a different Hv4 skin, eg performance?

cork_south wrote: »

I used the kerni skin for ages as the Pli-Hd skin was known for performance issues in earlier versions of enigma for this box but the newer versions are now well able for it, no issues. Give it a go, tis a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Hi guys
    When I change channels I keep getting the "could not activate permanent_timeshift! Timeshift-path does not exist" on screen see pics below... Running Enigma2
    Thanks

I used the kerni skin for ages as the Pli-Hd skin was known for performance issues in earlier versions of enigma for this box but the newer versions are now well able for it, no issues. Give it a go, tis a beauty.

Thx. Do u know the exact name of the Pli-HD skin you are using?
    I cannot see one called Pli-HD in the plugin download menu.
    There are 3 Pli-HD ones there but none named Pli-HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Hi guys
    When I change channels I keep getting the "could not activate permanent_timeshift! Timeshift-path does not exist" on screen see pics below
    Thanks

If you do not use permanent timeshift just FTP in box, using path, usr/lib/enigma2/plugins/extensions and delete the permanent timeshift folder, then reboot receiver.

Thx. Do u know the exact name of the Kernite skin you are using?

Pli-HD is what I use, did use Kerni-HD1R2 for ages but now use Pli-HD

Hi guys
    When I change channels I keep getting the "could not activate permanent_timeshift! Timeshift-path does not exist" on screen see pics below... Running Enigma2
    Thanks

Looks like your usb hard drive isn't mounted

givecredit wrote: »
    If you do not use permanent timeshift just FTP in box, using path, usr/lib/enigma2/plugins/extensions and delete the permanent timeshift folder, then reboot receiver.

Thanks for your fast reply but is there any other way to delete the folder other than ftp maybe accessing the box itself ,I'm just learning to ride my new bike and still have the stabilisers attached so to speak ☺
    Thanks again

Looks like your usb hard drive isn't mounted

Thanks yes it's mounted I'm recording BBC formula 1 as I type

Thanks for your fast reply but is there any other way to delete the folder other than ftp maybe accessing the box itself ,I'm just learning to ride my new bike and still have the stabilisers attached so to speak ☺
    Thanks again

Do you want to be able to pause /rewind live TV? If you do don't delete the folder. In the settings menu you should find permanent timeshift. If you disable it the message should go away.

That message appears when the hdd isn't mounted properly. You'll need to fix that to get pts working properly.

• Advertisement

Pli Silver HD

Thanks yes it's mounted I'm recording BBC formula 1 as I type

It may not be mounted correctly to suit the path PTS wants to record to. Is it formatted correctly in ext3?

Maybe already installed just not selected
    Menu
    setup
    system
    Skin

see which ones are there

Pli-Hd-mod-Marcin0 but I am using Hyperion 4
    They are all modifications of the same skin. Try them all, be sure to uninstall some after installing a few, do not fill the flash or the box will crash

Thx lads.

Does this look like the PLI-HD ye are using?

6mz8ncC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thx lads.

Does this look like the PLI-HD ye are using?

Yes that looks like one of the modded PLi HD ones .
    I prefer the main PLi-HD skin myself , its the one modded by Datadevil .

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Do you want to be able to pause /rewind live TV? If you do don't delete the folder. In the settings menu you should find permanent timeshift. If you disable it the message should go away.

That message appears when the hdd isn't mounted properly. You'll need to fix that to get pts working properly.

Yeah I want to pause and rewind so i will disable it for the time being thanks a mill for advice will let know how I get on

Yeah I want to pause and rewind so i will disable it for the time being thanks a mill for advice will let know how I get on

Disabling it will stop does features working. You need to keep it enabled and mount the hard drive properly.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Disabling it will stop does features working. You need to keep it enabled and mount the hard drive properly.

OK will do thanks

• Advertisement

It may not be mounted correctly to suit the path PTS wants to record to. Is it formatted correctly in ext3?

Yes I formatted to ext3 it's a wd 1tb external hard drive will have another go off it later on its wrecking my head. off out sun's shinning here in Cork
    Thanks everyone for your help

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement