Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Latest updates to vix4sh4 has broken the software updater on my box so looks like no more updates for me without a reflash. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Same here so just moved to openatv 4.2

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Hi fellas, I'm trying to go with Zardoz new H4 image, but the ftp in DCC cannot list the box settings, 'list failed'.
    On the configuration page all is connected but bootmanager is not found, is this needed to edit some files?

Apologies for my 'newbieness'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Imstuck wrote: »
    Hi fellas, I'm trying to go with Zardoz new H4 image, but the ftp in DCC cannot list the box settings, 'list failed'.
    On the configuration page all is connected but bootmanager is not found, is this needed to edit some files?

Apologies for my 'newbieness'

I think you have the wrong password, try root or pkteam I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Typical password for Hyperion 4 is pkteam. Try that, but there's always the chance that Zardos changed it.

• Advertisement

Thanks fellas, I have since done it through the ip 8888 thing, mor through luck than good judgement I might add!!
    My other question/s, probably for Zardoz, is; is all running on this image already? I just wanted a stable image with a good epg, and a possibility of streaming an odd game maybe? Do I need to activate any plugins to get the best of this image?

I have only activated plugins in spark previously so not sure....

Zardoz wrote: »
    I'm uploading a copy of my Hyperion 4 backup which has a few modifications.

Firstly it has the amixer audio boost script running so the audio levels are louder and more like Spark and other receiver levels.
    You will no longer have to increase the volume levels on your tv to high levels and the fix doesn't distort the audio.

Secondly the extended keymapper is included so extra buttons can be mapped in the blue panel.
    Its the same as the official inbuilt PKT keymapper but with added code.Thanks to data devil

The tuxtext.ttf file has also been replaced,the teletext font is alot more rounded,larger and easier on the eye ,unlike the inbuilt teletext which is designed for eastern european languages.

History Zap Selector is included ,handy for channel browsing .(Prev/Next Button)
    Use Recall to switch between 2 channels.

Record Infobar is also included

I have also tweaked a few of the button configurations and settings .

The Vfd fix has been applied so newer boxes have a working display panel.

It is configured for 28e and Saorview ,all picons are installed as is an up to date channel list .
    Autobouquets (most recent version) and Rats Bouquet Loader are installed if you'd prefer to use these .

The following plugins are installed and working well:
    AutoTimer,AutoVolumeAdjustment,CacheFlush aka Clearmem,CrossEPG 0.8.1,CoolTVGuide v7.0 (opens on EPG) ,Rats Picons,RTE Player,1channel (latest version),IPTV Loader,TMDB,TVDB,Mediaportal,Airplayer and WebInterface

Oscam is installed and running,you just need to edit the oscam.server file.
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam
    FTP: user:root ,pass:pkteam

Crossepg 0.8.1 is configured to update when the box is in standby .

Virtualzap is not installed as I am unhappy with its performance ,it is a memory hog.

It is running PLi-HD skin but there are a few other Skins to try if you dont like that.
    The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for HDMI at 720p.
    Saorview is tuned for Mullaghanish

This is an extremely solid image and very quick ,I have been running it for the last 3 months .
    Many thanks to the PKT team,data devil, and other plugin developers who have put in sterling work with the different code involved in this backup.
    Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgqdxriaivl9v3e/AADLsHRr3Hu-aTDzhyKRemhna/Hyperion%204%20%20Backup%20Sep%202014/Hyperion%204%20Public%20Backup.zip?dl=0

Probably should have recalled his post so others might make more sense of it lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks fellas, I have since done it through the ip 8888 thing, mor through luck than good judgement I might add!!
    My other question/s, probably for Zardoz, is; is all running on this image already? I just wanted a stable image with a good epg, and a possibility of streaming an odd game maybe? Do I need to activate any plugins to get the best of this image?

I have only activated plugins in spark previously so not sure....

Yes Ipstuck ,its pretty much good to go ,all plugins you need are installed and working well so you don't really have much to do ;).

Can't thank you enough Zardoz!!
    Just as stable as spark so far!! And HDD working better also.
    Just a quick one, (as if I've not had enough help) this 1channel, it downloads movies yes? How do I download to hdd?
    Also, is it possible to stream for front row or the likes?

Can't thank you enough Zardoz!!
    Just as stable as spark so far!! And HDD working better also.
    Just a quick one, (as if I've not had enough help) this 1channel, it downloads movies yes? How do I download to hdd?
    Also, is it possible to stream for front row or the likes?

When you go to download it asks you where you want to download to. Just point it to where you want on your HDD

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    Any notion on the streaming availability or am I getting greedy !
    Iptv?

Enjoy what you have for now and do a backup. The more plugins you install the more you bog down the box to a point where it eventually hangs on you constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks.
    Any notion on the streaming availability or am I getting greedy !
    Iptv?

IPTV Loader plugin is installed ,you can try that .
    It adds iptv streams to your bouquets so they can be viewed like a normal channel.
    Some of the streams can be decent but they are a bit hit and miss

Zardoz wrote: »
    IPTV Loader plugin is installed ,you can try that .
    It adds iptv streams to your bouquets so they can be viewed like a normal channel.
    Some of the streams can be decent but they are a bit hit and miss

Had a look in iptv list updater (that's all I can find with iptv) and a series of countries etc is in there? Is there any way it can go about just putting in a web address? Or is there another way?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Franco__

hi just installed this image all working fine except...........cool tv guide not working saying i need to upgrade to latest version -any ideas? thanks for the image btw

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Franco__ wrote: »
    hi just installed this image all working fine... thanks for the image btw

Which image?

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Franco__

sorry it was champs image from post #802

Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image

thanks

hallo dare wrote: »
    When you go to download it asks you where you want to download to. Just point it to where you want on your HDD

Can't see where I could 'download'

I just kept pressing ok on a film until it came on, any other button presses such as record etc were void, gone to bed now with it streaming, will see if it's of hdd tomo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

championc wrote: »
    Image installation procedure - the safe, simple and 100% foolproof way :)

1. Download the E2 Plugins from the following link http://goo.gl/bcSWub. Take the whole folder and copy it to the root of any USB stick
    2. Boot the box into the default Spark operating system. If your box is in Enigma already, turn it off, hold in the OK button on the box and keep it pressed, turn on the box and release the OK when you see the FORC message on the box. Press the Up arrow on the box which will then say SPAR and then press OK
    3. Insert the stick into the box. The system will see the stick being installed and prompt for the installation of the plugins - say "Yes"
    4. Download and copy the pre-prepared image of your choice to a USB stick. You can copy any number of images to the same stick, putting each in it's own separate directory on the stick. An image contains two files - uImage and e2jffs2.img
    5. Press Menu, Press Down and Right to plugins. Select the e2upgrade plugin from the list. On screen, you then will see a box with /c/storage in black writing in a yellow bar across the centre of the screen. Click OK to navigate to the folder you want, press Red to select and press Red to Upgrade
    6. Upon completion, turn off the box. Press and hold the OK button, Turn ON the box and wait until you see the front panel say FORC. At this point, release the OK button. Press the DOWN arrow button on the box and it will display ENIG. Press and Release the OK button.
    7. The box will now reboot into Enigma

Hi, I am trying to reinstall Enigma on my Sab tuner - I had problems with my box (which are dealt with now) but unfortunately I reverted back to Spark which I now regret.

Anyway - I have the following files/folders on my USB key - _MACOSX / Enigma2_August_OAT... / plugin / e2jffs.img / uImage

When I go to the plugin menu and select the enigma plugin - I get the screen as above but when I press the /storage/c/ path nothing shows up - have I got the files in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am trying to reinstall Enigma on my Sab tuner - I had problems with my box (which are dealt with now) but unfortunately I reverted back to Spark which I now regret.

Anyway - I have the following files/folders on my USB key - _MACOSX / Enigma2_August_OAT... / plugin / e2jffs.img / uImage

When I go to the plugin menu and select the enigma plugin - I get the screen as above but when I press the /storage/c/ path nothing shows up - have I got the files in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance.

You just need the last two files in a folder named enigma 2

• Advertisement

Your better off just downloading a fresh image from the firmware thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stevenpc

hi zardoz just installed your image but having a problem setting tuner c to scan 13/16/19.2/28.2 using usals there is an option to scan 4sats but lnb option is 36 or something like that cant select lnb1.also only 28.2 shows up do i need to install a sat list or am i missing something?
    cheers its a nice image many thanks

how.gareth wrote: »
    Your better off just downloading a fresh image from the firmware thread

I did a fresh download from the place I bought the box. When I press the update it just says: can not find kernel file not found upgrade failed! so its obviously the way I have them on the USB drive?

All I have now on the root folder is: plugin(folder), e2jffs2.img, uIimage

I did a fresh download from the place I bought the box. When I press the update it just says: can not find kernel file not found upgrade failed! so its obviously the way I have them on the USB drive?

All I have now on the root folder is: plugin(folder), e2jffs2.img, uIimage

Best way to get any support on here is to download one of the lads images from the firmware thread, you shouldn't have any plugin in your folder, just the two files called e2jffs.img and uIimage

Make sure your following champions instructions exactly especially point

Franco__ wrote: »
    hi just installed this image all working fine except...........cool tv guide not working saying i need to upgrade to latest version -any ideas? thanks for the image btw

There was a fix posted a while back for me when I had the same problem, it's simple to do, I'm on the phone at the mo but will root it out when I get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

@ mtout

you may want to try a different make of usb key if you still don't see the files
    These boxes used to be a little tetchy about the make of usb key
    Kingston being preferred
    Did not think it was much of an issue these days but if all else fails try that

Technofobe wrote: »
    @ mtout

you may want to try a different make of usb key if you still don't see the files
    These boxes used to be a little tetchy about the make of usb key
    Kingston being preferred
    Did not think it was much of an issue these days but if all else fails try that

I got it working now. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Been away for a while,

What is the most popular image at the moment, currently using hyperion 4(sly version)
    Happy with setup ATM, are the new images worth changing for?

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Been away for a while,

What is the most popular image at the moment, currently using hyperion 4(sly version)
    Happy with setup ATM, are the new images worth changing for?

TIA

I'd stick with it to be honest. All the newer images seem to have their own little flaws/glitches. Openatv might be worth a look as it probably has the least but make sure to do a backup of your current setup beforehand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement