Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Probably too early to say but this ViX4SH4 image seems to be working every bit as good as openatv, maybe even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Probably too early to say but this ViX4SH4 image seems to be working every bit as good as openatv, maybe even better.

Nice one. Didn't know there was even a new image to play with. Must Google it and give it a spin!

hallo dare wrote: »
    Nice one. Didn't know there was even a new image to play with. Must Google it and give it a spin!

Its a few posts back!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Would you consider the Hyperion 4 the most stable still Fresh Pots?

Imstuck wrote: »
    Would you consider the Hyperion 4 the most stable still Fresh Pots?

Well its definitely more stable than the beta images that are out at the moment but its not the only stable image out there. Openarp is another good one..

If your happy with h4 I'd say stick with it though. Openarp doesn't have anything that H4 doesn't have. Openatv and vix4sh4 are both looking promising but still have some glitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Zardoz wrote: »
    That was an issue on older images but its not an issue anymore,remote is excellent.
    Are you running an old image.
    The lircd.conf file should have the eps settings of 60 ,anything lower gives a poor response.

I'm running ATV 4.2. I've never had much luck with the H4 images always missing channels and green screens when I rescan even with the updated satelite.xml
    hallo dare wrote: »
    I had the exact same problem and there's a very simple yet delicate fix that i finally done that solved this issue.

Firstly, peel off the perspex on the vfd display. Easiest way is to pop down the usb flap on the right and gently prise off from there. It's not clipped in, just some sort of mild glue.

Next, when you have that off, you will see the ir receiver at the bottom right hole.

Now the delicate part. At the top of the ir receiver, gently pull if forward, it will start to go down more so than come out of the hole. Be very gentle as it's soldered by 3 legs to a board.

Test with remote until happy and then pop back on your perspex.

Happy days!!!

I will give that a go I wonder would it be easier to open the box and push it from the inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

You can't push it from the back as it's soldered to a circuit board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I have removed image for legal copyright reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭championc

So what skin is that ? Looks simple and clear on the CoolTVGuide

givecredit wrote: »
    New Image backup for Amiko Alien / Alien 2 - Based on OpenViX
    With thanks to OpenViX, Lavatronics Antony, Sklnet and OpenATV Captain

ViX4SH4 Version 1.0 BETA Build 001

System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
    Distro: ViX4SH4
    Firmware version: 1.0.001
    Driver date: 20140815
    Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0216
    Gui version: 2014-09-07

This is a clean backup.
    I have just added:
    1. Autobouquets (Version in feeds does not work, I have installed latest August 2014 version)
    2. OnDemand.

Do you have the ipk for the new autobouquets? Using autobouquetsmaker and it works fine but it doesn't remove the $ hd channels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Can they not just work on one image and get it right instead of all this dicking around?

championc wrote: »
    So what skin is that ? Looks simple and clear on the CoolTVGuide

Its the default vix skin. Think its called VIX HD DAY NIGHT
    The epg is the default Vix epg that Andyblac has modded for VIX over the years.

Do you have the ipk for the new autobouquets? Using autobouquetsmaker and it works fine but it doesn't remove the $ hd channels.

Unfortunately not. But you can extract the autobouquets folder from the backup if you wish. This version removes unwanted HD channels.

Unfortunately not. But you can extract the autobouquets folder from the backup if you wish. This version removes unwanted HD channels.

I'm not actually running your image, I just set it up from scratch myself yesterday. If you could extract the folder and put it up on Dropbox that would be great. Would be useful for the resource file too.

I'm not actually running your image, I just set it up from scratch myself yesterday. If you could extract the folder and put it up on Dropbox that would be great. Would be useful for the resource file too.

No Problem. Will do that later. It will be after 8pm before I get a chance.

In meantime if you get the ipk version from Oct 2013, you can manually add the mods that were added to it in June 2014, July 2014 and Aug 2014, Then you get the latest version. (probably easier to wait )

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

James_M wrote: »
    I've been fiddling with this on and off for months and generally working well now. I just had a couple of things I'm hoping someone can help on. I'm using Hyperion v4 - sorry I can't recall if its FreshPot, givecredit or Same ol's image. I'm also considering OpenATV.

1. Saorview manual and auto scans are finding nothing but it did work initially. Also Spark picks them up fine. I saw mention of v4 needing a much higher signal to receive. Is this likely my problem or might it be anything else? Would OpenATV have the same issues?

2. I realised I might be able to reduce the number of remote controls with HDMI-CEC (its getting ridiculous) and got my LG tv remote commanding my RPi perfectly. I tried it with the STB, enabled CEC via blue panel and checked some of the settings I reckoned would do the job but it's not quite working. Has anyone gotten this working? Using the TV remote for all of these would be great (although I see it doesn't have a record button...).

The TV sees the STB and putting the TV in standby also puts the STB in standby but no other commands are carrying. The LG uses "Simplink" for CEC where you can select a device and it will look to connect to it. It doesn't seem to complete that but on the RPi if I go to that input, it just works!

3. Last point - my next challenge is getting TV to bedroom and kitchen. I currently have one sly box with RF out to both TVs from the attic (both wouldn't be on at the same time). I was thinking of either getting 2 RPis streaming from the AA+ or should I just get another box for the attic? I don't think they facilitate RF out though? I don't need pvr capabilities in either, just straight foward viewing (anything else is a bonus) Incidentally, I have an antenna in the attic.

Huge thanks to all the contributors on here. I've spent a lot of time on these threads and found them invaluable. Much appreciated.

Any thought guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Looking for some help please as how and where to install Cool TV guide plugins using dream cast to amiko alien 2 running " givecredit" superb open ATV
    Thanks

Autobouquets sh4 plugin August 2014 version as requested. This removes unwanted hd channels and reorders some channels. Recommended setting below:

settings_zps18bdf9c5.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a86plraem3dqzap/autobouquets%20setup.zip?dl=0

Looking for some help please as how and where to install Cool TV guide plugins using dream cast to amiko alien 2 running " givecredit" superb open ATV
    Thanks

I use the default guide myself. But go to menu/plugins/press green/extensions and select cool tv guide.

I use the default guide myself. But go to menu/plugins/press green/extensions and select cool tv guide.

Yeah there's no need for cool tv guide on openatv or ViX4SH4.

• Advertisement

Thanks to freshpots & givecredit for your advice guys I'm happy enough with the default plugin but wanted to try cool plugin so will give it a look
    Cheers ðŸ»

Anyone else getting a black screen on the sat channels now and again on vix4sh4? Some message about no data on transponder. A reboot fixes it but is a pita.

Anyone else getting a black screen on the sat channels now and again on vix4sh4? Some message about no data on transponder. A reboot fixes it but is a pita.

I have not seen that message yet. Will keep an eye out.

I have not seen that message yet. Will keep an eye out.

Yeah it happened once after watching saorview and then another time after watching a recording.

Yeah it happened once after watching saorview and then another time after watching a recording.

46 online updates available. Online updates can be accessed at Menu > Setup > Software Update. Might solve your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 erto

For saorview you need to manually scan both muxes of your local mast. Where in the country are you and I'll tell you which frequencies to scan?

Have the settings the same as this but change the frequency to yours.

On the first scan set clear before scan to yes, on the second set clear before scan to no.

As for tuner configuration tuner A should be dvb-t and tuner B should b set to astra 28.2 advanced. Tuner c not configured. Then check that you have the sat cable in lnb1 on the rear of the box.
    Hi FP,

Cairn Hill is my nearest Mast.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

I've been fiddling with this on and off for months and generally working well now. I just had a couple of things I'm hoping someone can help on. I'm using Hyperion v4 - sorry I can't recall if its FreshPot, givecredit or Same ol's image. I'm also considering OpenATV.

1. Saorview manual and auto scans are finding nothing but it did work initially. Also Spark picks them up fine. I saw mention of v4 needing a much higher signal to receive. Is this likely my problem or might it be anything else? Would OpenATV have the same issues?

2. I realised I might be able to reduce the number of remote controls with HDMI-CEC (its getting ridiculous) and got my LG tv remote commanding my RPi perfectly. I tried it with the STB, enabled CEC via blue panel and checked some of the settings I reckoned would do the job but it's not quite working. Has anyone gotten this working? Using the TV remote for all of these would be great (although I see it doesn't have a record button...).

The TV sees the STB and putting the TV in standby also puts the STB in standby but no other commands are carrying. The LG uses "Simplink" for CEC where you can select a device and it will look to connect to it. It doesn't seem to complete that but on the RPi if I go to that input, it just works!

3. Last point - my next challenge is getting TV to bedroom and kitchen. I currently have one sly box with RF out to both TVs from the attic (both wouldn't be on at the same time). I was thinking of either getting 2 RPis streaming from the AA+ or should I just get another box for the attic? I don't think they facilitate RF out though? I don't need pvr capabilities in either, just straight foward viewing (anything else is a bonus) Incidentally, I have an antenna in the attic.

Huge thanks to all the contributors on here. I've spent a lot of time on these threads and found them invaluable. Much appreciated.

For the saorview - try another image or a reinstall, sounds like something has gone wrong in yours.

HDMI CEC has always worked for me without any comfiguration on a Toshiba tv (except on one of the earlier OpenATV images - that works now).

For the RPi and streaming, I only use streaming occasionally, check the RPi thread see how they are getting on

erto wrote: »
    Hi FP,

Cairn Hill is my nearest Mast.

Thanks for your help.

Scan frequencies 682000 and 658000.

Clear before first scan and don't before the second.

Any thought guys?

You say your Aerial is in attic. Best have it outside on chimney. You may have had signal before and now lost it now in summer months due to foliage on trees etc....

• Advertisement

Hi
    Very happy with my set up so would like to make a back up of it I know how to do it using spark menu method but that only does an image backup, I see in the Enigma2 menu under software there are options to backup, would one of these backup my entire system setup or just the ATV image
    Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement