Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

I'm running fp hyperion v4 and have everything working but does anyone know how I change cooltvguide from displaying 12 lines to just 8 or 6 lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

amd64 wrote: »
    I'm running fp hyperion v4 and have everything working but does anyone know how I change cooltvguide from displaying 12 lines to just 8 or 6 lines.

You can press menu and set one of your colour buttons to Guideswitch which will cycle between views

The yellow button is set to guideswitch which cycles through coolguide/tiny guide/multiguide etc but I cant get it to change the amount of lines it shows per page,its not a major issue,I just wanted the lines to be bigger,its like that switching guides isn't actually switching the view,I have reinstalled but still stays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

The yellow button is set to guideswitch which cycles through coolguide/tiny guide/multiguide etc but I cant get it to change the amount of lines it shows per page,its not a major issue,I just wanted the lines to be bigger,its like that switching guides isn't actually switching the view,I have reinstalled but still stays the same.

Coolguide on mine only shows 8 lines

Don't think you can change the amount of lines (without delving into the plugin python code), you have 4 pre-set EPG views that you can cycle through

• Advertisement

If you look at the cooltvguide site the video shows just 6 lines under the mini tv,but maybe it has to do with picon size which I have tried to adjust in the settings menu but still no joy.
    Its like its stuck on the nice guide view and wont change to multiguide which is the one with only 6 lines on page.

If you look at the cooltvguide site the video shows just 6 lines under the mini tv,but maybe it has to do with picon size which I have tried to adjust in the settings menu but still no joy.

How many lines are on your cool tvguide?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

hallo dare wrote: »
    Username :root
    Password openarp

Tried this on openarp and still won't let me connect ftp/telnet.
    'Error 10057 in function Send Socket is not connected'

Ideas?

how.gareth wrote: »
    How many lines are on your cool tvguide?

Always 12 in either niceguide or multiguide.

Imstuck wrote: »

Ideas?

Try password - blank

• Advertisement

Always 12 in either niceguide or multiguide.

Yeah you should also have a version called cooltvguide? there are 4 different style guides for your to choose from; cool, mini, nice and multi

Try password - blank

Is that leave it blank, or type in blank? Lol.

Yeah you should also have a version called cooltvguide? there are 4 different style guides for your to choose from; cool, mini, nice and multi

yea its cycles through all 4 but only gives 2 different views.(mini tv with 12 lines or the full page guide despite the different guide names at top of page)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭championc

Just one more quick question - when recording say for example TV3, the only station I can view is RTE1 - is there any way around this? With my old box, I could record a channel and watch another.

There is only one single Terrestrial tuner. Both TV3 and RTE1 are on the same MUX. So once you select one, you can only stay on it and watch only programmes on the same MUX

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

** The Ideal Sly box replacemement image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Ideas?

that error means you are not connected to the box,could be wrong ip or cable or if wifi check router to see if box is showing in ur connected items because password no good to you till pc is showing connection

Still no luck, championc said it was root/blank but tried all of them and still won't connect

yea its cycles through all 4 but only gives 2 different views.(mini tv with 12 lines or the full page guide despite the different guide names at top of page)

You should have 4 views, 2 with preview, 2 full screen no preview
    http://www.cooltvguide.com/

that error means you are not connected to the box,could be wrong ip or cable or if wifi check router to see if box is showing in ur connected items because password no good to you till pc is showing connection
    I wonder if it is some setting on the image? Dhcp matter or anything like that? I can't get to view the ip on box for some reason, it just says it's hidden, although used the search on DCC found it, pressed connect, line went green, then red and came up with same error....

I wonder if it is some setting on the image? Dhcp matter or anything like that? I can't get to view the ip on box for some reason, it just says it's hidden, although used the search on DCC found it, pressed connect, line went green, then red and came up with same error....

Is there any other way of changing files in var/keys without using ftp? I'm at a loss.....

If the line went green then maybe ur connection is ok, when u downloaded ur image did it come with a readme file cos that would contain username and password for that image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

championc wrote: »
    There is only one single Terrestrial tuner. Both TV3 and RTE1 are on the same MUX. So once you select one, you can only stay on it and watch only programmes on the same MUX

** The Ideal Sly box replacemement image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **

Is there any reason why my terrestial channels have stopped working? I can't find +1 or the news channel either. They were working earlier but when I just get black screen and no information in the EPG except Now and Next? Any ideas? I think I have pressed every button and checked every menu ... Everything else is working.

Any help with box display showing boot on openarp? Everything seems to be working ok, could it cause problems? Only thing that's not right is that I can't connect DCC, could this be linked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Imstuck wrote:
    Any help with box display showing boot on openarp? Everything seems to be working ok, could it cause problems? Only thing that's not right is that I can't connect DCC, could this be linked?

It won't cause a problem. Unable to connect to DCC has nothing to do with it. You're more than likely running it on an AA2+ box. It's a common issue with the boot on the display.

As for DCC,
    Username :root
    Password :openarp

Just make sure your box ip is static and you have that ip typed into DCC

Hey @imstuck

Lets start again.

I am ASSUMING you are still using my OpenAR-P Image - yes ? So have you connected your box with a Lan or a Wi-Fi connection ? When you go into Network > Lan Adapter, it should ask you which interface you want to use - Wlan or Lan - yes ? This prompt will only appear if it recognises your Wlan (wi-fi) usb adapter. The best solution to start with is with WIRED Lan. In the Adapter settings, DHCP should be set to YES and you should see an IP Address in the bottom right hand corner. Without this, you're going nowhere.

Let us know before we go any further.

I have successfully connected my wifi via dongle to the WLAN, confirmed via tests etc. but It won't let me view my ip,(although DCC seems to find it via search, plus I know what it is). Running the test confirms all is connected but ip turns red??
    Many thanks for reply

Hey @imstuck
    In the Adapter settings, DHCP should be set to YES and you should see an IP Address in the bottom right hand corner. Without this, you're going nowhere.

Let us know before we go any further.

Hey @imstuck

The best solution to start with is with WIRED Lan.

Would the use of a range extender with an Ethernet port, wired to box be considered 'wired' from the boxes point of view?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I’ve been travelling for a few weeks and wanted to check if there’s been any progress on robust builds in the past few weeks?

I have an Amiko 2 Plus Triple Tuner and tried the OpenATV image but it was problematic, and for the past few weeks I’ve had Hyperion image on it which just about works but has frequent delays where a loading icon appears for several seconds and often needs to be switched off at the back of the box and turned back on. Wondering if my 3TB USB 3 HDD may be related to that?

Basically, I’ve exhausted all patience within the house so just need to get a build that will do the basics of live TV, pausing TV, EPG, and recording without any issues working as soon as possible so do appreciate any advice.

Hey @imstuck

The best solution to start with is with WIRED Lan.

Would the use of a range extender with an Ethernet port, wired to box be considered 'wired' from the boxes point of view?

Wired = Ethernet into the Lan port on the back of the box. It doesn't matter how the Ethernet arrives at this point.

I'm struggling to understand what you mean about the IP turns Red. What about posting a photo ?

• Advertisement

I'm struggling to understand what you mean about the IP turns Red. What about posting a photo ?

I'm guessing on DCC. As it's not seeing the STB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement