Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

As far as I am aware it needs to be connected to internet for full epg to load. FTA EPG will be got from sattelite .
    Recordings do show up on hard drive (folder button on remote) although if you change channel it should tell you that there is a recording in progress on infobar.
    But recordings set are red, and indeed yellow when in progress.
    I

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Imstuck wrote: »
    As far as I am aware it needs to be connected to internet for full epg to load. FTA EPG will be got from sattelite .
    Recordings do show up on hard drive (folder button on remote) although if you change channel it should tell you that there is a recording in progress on infobar.
    But recordings set are red, and indeed yellow when in progress.
    I

Yeah there's something wrong with recording because I was taping an FTA and changed to another one so I don't know what's happening there. It is showing up in the timers as waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭roadrunnermick

Hi , Can anyone tell me if ENIGMA supports airplay from an IOS device

Cheers

Yes, enigma images do contain airplay.

@ mtoutlamonde
    Are you trying to record via aerial and watch another channel via sat cable ??

Yes, enigma images do contain airplay.

@ mtoutlamonde
    Are you trying to record via aerial and watch another channel via sat cable ??

No taping FTA and tried the channel next to the one I'm taping. I did get a message that said tv was going to recording service but nothing happened or appeared to happen afterwards.

• Advertisement

Have you got sat cables going into box from your dish?

Have you got sat cables going into box from your dish?

Yes. Didn't touch cables - it worked since I got box.

Maybe there is an easy explanation for this..... One if the other lads might be able to help as I don't have saorview set up on mine, just the two sat cables.
    Did you run autobouqets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

No taping FTA and tried the channel next to the one I'm taping. I did get a message that said tv was going to recording service but nothing happened or appeared to happen afterwards.

Have you both sat tuners enabled? If you do. Restart the box and try again.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Have you both sat tuners enabled? If you do. Restart the box and try again.

I presuming both are enabled as I wouldn't have disabled them. I restarted the box and same thing happens - message with 'in order to record a timer, the TV was switched to the recording service' and this shows for 20 secs but nothing on hard drive.

• Advertisement

Maybe there is an easy explanation for this..... One if the other lads might be able to help as I don't have saorview set up on mine, just the two sat cables.
    Did you run autobouqets?

Thanks a million for your input.

Go to menu - set up- service searching - tuner config and have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I presuming both are enabled as I wouldn't have disabled them. I restarted the box and same thing happens - message with 'in order to record a timer, the TV was switched to the recording service' and this shows for 20 secs but nothing on hard drive.

Is there a 1 or 2 in a red box in the front of the box. The fact its switching is because there's no free tuners. Are you trying to stream to a laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SOR2010

Looking for some help folks please,

My box keeps dropping from oscam server, every couple of days and now I get a fault when I ping,

PKT server Blue - Network - Network Test (for ping)

Gate : replies for PING Error 192.168.1.1 doesn't resolve names!

1 pkt transmitted, 1 pkt received, 0% loss

I think the fault may be modem or ISP but not sure and help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Yeah there's something wrong with recording because I was taping an FTA and changed to another one so I don't know what's happening there. It is showing up in the timers as waiting.

Ive had his problem also... my problem was that the USB drive was going read only. I checked this by deleting a movie and it wouldn't do it because it couldn't move it to trash.

I think the reason it was going read only was errors on the USB drive. Since I reformatted the drive, problem has disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

lads im hoping someone can help me, cant seem to connect to the box via my laptop to stream the match tonight, open webif seems to be running, am i missing something obvious, im typing in 192.168.1.2 but its not connecting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Possible your box has changed ip. Double check it.

superg wrote: »
    Possible your box has changed ip. Double check it.

no the box is still telling me the same ip, can anyone post the settings i should have in open webif please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

how.gareth wrote: »
    no the box is still telling me the same ip, can anyone post the settings i should have in open webif please

Is the box answering pings on that ip? If not you have the wrong ip

Is the box answering pings on that ip? If not you have the wrong ip

How can I check that?

• Advertisement

How can I check that?

Just ran a network test and everything is good and it's telling me the ip is 192.168.1.2 just can't connect to it for sone reason so I'm wondering did I change something in open Web if

How can I check that?

Open command prompt and type 'ping x.x.x.x' where x.x.x.x is your up address

Open command prompt and type 'ping x.x.x.x' where x.x.x.x is your up address

I did that but not sure if it was successful, it's says sent 4 and recieved 4 but the time says 0ms

I did that but not sure if it was successful, it's says sent 4 and recieved 4 but the time says 0ms

Yes, the time will be so small it will register as 0 milliseconds, replies are what you're looking for, you got replies. Check your web of settings, make site it's set to port 80. Did you try clearing your browser cache?

Yes, the time will be so small it will register as 0 milliseconds, replies are what you're looking for, you got replies. Check your web of settings, make site it's set to port 80. Did you try clearing your browser cache?

Port is set to 80. Just cleared and cache and still telling me "this Web page not available " very frustrating!

Port is set to 80. Just cleared and cache and still telling me "this Web page not available " very frustrating!

Did you try another browser?

Did you try another browser?

Just installed another browser and still getting the same answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭deezell

Just installed another browser and still getting the same answer

Check that Webif plugin is running. Check that it's Http access is on. It also can use https access. This may be on or not. Check network configuration to ensure you have the correct IP and subnet mask. Check your router devices on the router web interface to see that the device is showing on the list. Are you using DHCP or have you given the box a fixed IP. If fixed, make sure it was not already allocated, http would go to the first device in this case. Best way to fix an IP is to use DHCP to get a free one then turn off DHCP on the box. The IP will stick. is Rte player working? EDIT; If you fix the IP, be aware that the router may still allocate it elsewhere when the box is switched off. A mobile phone, tablet, anything can grab it. Switch the box back on and it doesn't know the IP is already gone. You will still get compromised connectivity, the router will accept data packets from the box and respond to it's MAC address, but an HTTP request to this IP will be bound to the MAC address of the device which has been alloctaed it when it was free on the router (while the box was off). You need to check your router keeps IP addresses bound to the device even when the device is off. It varies with router brands how this is done. Some store a device list, which can get crowded with visiting phones and redundant devices (old xboxes and the like), some use IP reservation tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭deezell

Said goodbye to Openatv yesterday. Hyperion rocks, so far. Some issues trying to flash from Spark E2 uploader plugin,so just went from the Forc /Fact option on boot, it worked eventually with an old 256Mb usb stick. It's fast, tidy and works. 40 Mb to spare of system memory, ( only 20 with Openatv). Menus simpler, no extended. A lot of cool stuff in the BlueEct menu. Pause and resume timeshift works, and well. Webif loads faster. Streaming also, and the OSD still works after streaming. Minor issue with the virtual remote on Webif, " Menu" brings up media player menu instead of the standard Menu list when you check with a screen grab. Probably a button configuration. I used Zardoz' image. Thanks Z. Just changed the bouquets slightly to put the Saorview in the General list instead of the Astra RTEs. Changed the Blue button to bouquet list on Cool, OK'ing a channel on Cool exits Cool, little things like that. Did a rescan to get my Saorview ducks in a row (Rte One+1 has changed). Incidentally, for anyone using this image, if you scan terrestrial manually, using channel frequencies, the manual terrestrial scan defaults are set for 7Mhz channel bandwidth, not 8Mhz which is what Saorview uses. Just change this prior to channel scan. I did'nt bother, used auto, as I have roughly equal reception of Three rock, Kippure and Mount Leinster, so I keep all of them in the list, and use the one with the best strength/quality, keep the others as a standby
    Great to have this forum for access to tried and tested stuff, and help when it goes pear shaped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hi guys, I changed some settings on the permanent time shift and now my box is stuck on boot, it gets as far as "load 99" and then start, and then it green screens me. I have it connected to my laptop via dcc and I can get access to it thru ftp. Its Zardoz's image.
    What can i do to stop this.
    thanks in advance

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement