Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the dongle will work on enigma 2 but is it complicated to set it up at times

a lot easier on spark

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

Nowso wrote: »
    try use spark and set tat up until u get enigma set up

Good advice, I had the Amiko Alien 2 for about six months before I went down the enigma road! At times, I feel like going back to Spark but when I do I just hate it after a while and revert to enigma.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads I've used the tp link a few times for the internet issue for any of you that haven't got a router by your box. You can get them in Argos for 30 quid now and are an absolute breeze to set up,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Technofobe wrote: »
    I think the recording bug most of us here are talking about was when a recording was manually stopped and then the channel was changed there would be no picture
    You seem to be describing a different problem ?

Are you saying that when a recording finishes the amiko switches off

Funny that as night before last I was watching tv and the box shut down
    Herself was recording something at the time
    I think it finished
    a message came up
    and then the box switched off

Is this the same issue described or are you describing the same old problem with the picture going blank ?
    Thanks

Hi Technofobe, yes this is exactly my problem. When I updated the image, I got rid of the error message and I was hoping this problem would be gone aswell but unfortunately not. It really doesn't make sense why the tuner would turn off after recording. I have checked all the menus but there is nothing about turning off. It is annoying. However, when I did record a Saorview channel today - it turned off the FTA tuner - I could live with this as I record more Saorview than FTA. Any solutions welcome.

Technofobe wrote: »
    Yes you have the same options if you set a add timer from the epg
    I have changed the after event from aut to do nothing to see if it still switches off

I tried this aswell - still turns the tuner off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads I've used the tp link a few times for the internet issue for any of you that haven't got a router by your box. You can get them in Argos for 30 quid now and are an absolute breeze to set up,

Hi Jayo,

Seem to be all sold out in Dublin.

Pity, was just what I was looking for.

Thanks anyway.

JOSman wrote: »
    Hi Jayo,

Thanks anyway.

the polish sat shop in the moore st / parnell st Mall may have the right ones in stock

go in the moore st ent

go down and take the 1st right and its on the far right corner

JOSman wrote: »
    Hi Jayo,

Thanks anyway.

You can get them online at freetv.ie they are a little more expensive tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

How about one of these? I says it has an RJ45 socket and cable.

That would do the job id say, donno about the quality tho

• Advertisement

Nowso wrote: »
    the polish sat shop in the moore st / parnell st Mall may have the right ones in stock

go in the moore st ent

go down and take the 1st right and its on the far right corner

they should have the wifi dongles

• Registered Users Posts: 37 soberasajudge

Lads, anyone got auto timer in ipk format?

Right this is my final straw with Enigma - I reinstalled the image and everything was working brilliantly until I decided to watch some recordings last night - I could watch them fine until I pressed the Delete button which threw an error making the machine turn off and on again - no problem once but the machine keeps throwing errors. I pressed the button at the back of the box, and restarted - machine boots no problem but when I press any button on remote - throws another error and turns box off again like above. I did re-install the image file but to no avail - am using Spark again but really miss the Enigma EPG ... Any solutions? Someone posted about using Hyperion - is this any good? Anyone a link to the image file? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

About to put my foot through this AA2+.

Will not pick up the soarview channels. I had them all setup but they were breaking up. Rescanned and never got them back again.

All work fine on the spark version and i was even mad enough to get somebody around to test the signal from the ariel and from the attic into the room where the tv is, (seriously clutching at straws).

Obviously the enigma 2 software is a pile of rubbish as regards saorview. So god dam frustrating to have an excellent setup and 7 day uk epg but the box cant handle the irish.

When I do find the irish it only finds rte1,+1,rte junior and the biggest waste of an epg space that is utv ireland.

anybody got any suggestions?

Will not pick up the soarview channels. I had them all setup but they were breaking up. Rescanned and never got them back again.

All work fine on the spark version and i was even mad enough to get somebody around to test the signal from the ariel and from the attic into the room where the tv is, (seriously clutching at straws).

Obviously the enigma 2 software is a pile of rubbish as regards saorview. So god dam frustrating to have an excellent setup and 7 day uk epg but the box cant handle the irish.

When I do find the irish it only finds rte1,+1,rte junior and the biggest waste of an epg space that is utv ireland.

Have you changed provider? i.e. I presume you have done a terrestrial scan? If you have, go to last scanned and at the bottom there is a button for provider - choose this and go to RTE NL (or something like that) and your stations should be in there - I had the same problem - the channels you probably have are the ones that came in when you scanned Astra which don't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

You need to scan for the individual frequencies, it's been covered here many times

Thanks for the replies. When I do a terrestrial scan now it finds zero.

So in last scanned its just blank.

I've tried to manually scan channels 21 and 23 which should be where the irish come in but nothing.

any more tips on scanning for individual channels as advised?

thanks again.

Thanks for the replies. When I do a terrestrial scan now it finds zero.

So in last scanned its just blank.

I've tried to manually scan channels 21 and 23 which should be where the irish come in but nothing.

any more tips on scanning for individual channels as advised?

thanks again.

They're probably on the box already. Did you try what I told you to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭deezell

Right this is my final straw with Enigma - I reinstalled the image and everything was working brilliantly until I decided to watch some recordings last night - I could watch them fine until I pressed the Delete button which threw an error making the machine turn off and on again - no problem once but the machine keeps throwing errors. I pressed the button at the back of the box, and restarted - machine boots no problem but when I press any button on remote - throws another error and turns box off again like above. I did re-install the image file but to no avail - am using Spark again but really miss the Enigma EPG ... Any solutions? Someone posted about using Hyperion - is this any good? Anyone a link to the image file? Thanks.
    I think that makes two of us. The guide seemed to be up to speed again, streaming to android, watched the leinster match on BBC2 Scotland while the main box was on Rte. This morning, the terrestrial tuner was blank, astra28.2 ok, epg ok, reboot the only solution. The Hyperion image is in a post about a week or more back, I downloaded and tried to flash it, left it running with the letters UL. Came back and it was in boot, stuck. Out for the day now, I'll try it via the spark E2 uploader next time. Incidentally, the flash instructions direct 'down' and 'left' etc. after FORC and later FACT. On the Sab are just channel and volume buttons, I assume these are up/down and left/right respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Just flash Zardoz Hyperion 4 or 4.5. Good to go. Search for it on enigma firmware thread. (On phone myself just now)

• Advertisement

Imstuck wrote: »
    Just flash Zardoz Hyperion 4 or 4.5. Good to go. Search for it on enigma firmware thread. (On phone myself just now)

I'll do that - is it the same procedure for this - via spark choose file and reboot?

They're probably on the box already. Did you try what I told you to try?

In the middle of rescanning everything again right now and after that's finished, i will do what you have said. I'll post about it again once its complete.

Thanks a mill.

Follow instructions as in post number 2 on this thread, same as all the other images.

Follow instructions as in post number 2 on this thread, same as all the other images.

I will - I might not have to pull all of my hair out! Thanks.

Just one question - is it more reliable than Enigma2? And can I revert back to Spark if everything goes wrong?

I was already in the rtenl folder after pressing provider in last scanned section.

Rte's being picked up but not showing. and now have lost all uk channels and need a rescan on those even they show as active and lit up in epg.

Probably going to accept defeat for now and go back to spark. This sux.

Thanks for your help.

I will - I might not have to pull all of my hair out! Thanks.

Just one question - is it more reliable than Enigma2? And can I revert back to Spark if everything goes wrong?

It is enigma2 just another version.
    You can change to what you like, nothing is set in stone.
    A lot of people enjoy meddling & learning with the boxes, & fair play to them. But if you want something to just work this is it.

It is enigma2 just another version.
    You can change to what you like, nothing is set in stone.
    A lot of people enjoy meddling & learning with the boxes, & fair play to them. But if you want something to just work this is it.

I have it on the machine now. Scanning channels. This is the final attempt but I did a search and it seems to be more reliable. Thanks for your help.

There will no tickering or meddling for me as long as it does what I want it to do.

Right, download was successful. The only problem I have is with the 7 day EPG - I can't seem to get it working. These are the steps that I have followed from previous installations:

Menu - Cross epg - configure - everything as it should be show as plugin says yes. Press ok.
    Plugin menu - cross epg downloader throws an error and restarts machine. Cross epg force reload completes without errors.

Epg is set to download at 4 am every night. Once it loads on force load it should be ok going forwards.
    I presume your talking about keymapper, which can be found by pressing blue button to go into blue panel - settings - keymapper.
    Have a good look around there, as there are some nice touches like pressing '9' when watching a recording or behind live to skip ads etc.
    The only time and I repeat, only, time this image has froze is when I have tried to rewind or forward from a paused position, always press play before rewinding or forwarding.

• Advertisement

Epg is set to download at 4 am every night. Once it loads on force load it should be ok going forwards.
    I presume your talking about keymapper, which can be found by pressing blue button to go into blue panel - settings - keymapper.
    Have a good look around there, as there are some nice touches like pressing '9' when watching a recording or behind live to skip ads etc.
    The only time and I repeat, only, time this image has froze is when I have tried to rewind or forward from a paused position, always press play before rewinding or forwarding.

Never thought of that - it did it there and then on other images. Can this be done from aerial as I don't have box connected to internet?

When you record - does it show up in your recordings? The colour changed from red to yellow when programme started but have no idea if its recording or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement