Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ya I tried all the last time and no matter what I tried some channels could not get a signal so I tried this guys image and it's perfect after the first autobouquets run where as Zardoz image stayed the same. Every channel works now

Its most likely something to do with your satellite wiring or setup.
    You told me that Hyperion 4.5 works perfectly on your Alien 1 when connected in the living room but is missing channels in the kitchen .
    Try a factory reset and rerun autobouquets ,it may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its most likely something to do with your satellite wiring or setup.
    You told me that Hyperion 4.5 works perfectly on your Alien 1 when connected in the living room but is missing channels in the kitchen .
    Try a factory reset and rerun autobouquets ,it may help.
    Did that and same thing happened so gave up after that.. Anyhow has anyone got beinsports working on iptv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

will it make a difference

If its the problem with the image not finding the usb thumb it may solve that problem but I cant stress enough from my experience in using hyp 4.5 for the past 3 and I haven't had one problem with it I haven't needed to re flash it or to adjust bouquets or anything it works perfect every day no problems with recording on two channels no problems with system system crashes or green screens no pausing everything just works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Hi, I did post my problem a few weeks ago but got no response.

I changed from Spark to Enigma a few weeks ago and love the look and feel compared to Spark. The only problem I have is when I record something. I'll explain by using an example - if I record a programme on RTE, the programme records but when it is finished it seems to turn off the tuner i.e. there is nothing on screen, although the channels on the other tuner work perfectly i.e. the English FTA. The same thing happens when I record from an FTA channel. This is annoying because if I record two programmes, the first one is recorded and the second is not - has anyone any solutions to this? Would a factory restore be any good? I would like to stay with the Enigma especially for the 7 day EPG.

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

Hi, I did post my problem a few weeks ago but got no response.

I changed from Spark to Enigma a few weeks ago and love the look and feel compared to Spark. The only problem I have is when I record something. I'll explain by using an example - if I record a programme on RTE, the programme records but when it is finished it seems to turn off the tuner i.e. there is nothing on screen, although the channels on the other tuner work perfectly i.e. the English FTA. The same thing happens when I record from an FTA channel. This is annoying because if I record two programmes, the first one is recorded and the second is not - has anyone any solutions to this? Would a factory restore be any good? I would like to stay with the Enigma especially for the 7 day EPG.

Thanks in advance for any solutions.

The fix for this was posted on here a few days ago ,I presume its Openatv you are using

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94752210&postcount=3071

Ftp this file into /lib/modules

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    The fix for this was posted on here a few days ago ,I presume its Openatv you are using

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94752210&postcount=3071

Ftp this file into /lib/modules

Apologies I hadn't read this page with a few days. I am using OpenATV.
    Excuse my ignorance, is there a way I can do FTP without internet? Can I put the file on a USB and put it onto the machine?

Would a Factory reset remove this 'bug'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

Apologies I hadn't read this page with a few days. I am using OpenATV.
    Excuse my ignorance, is there a way I can do FTP without internet? Can I put the file on a USB and put it onto the machine?

Would a Factory reset remove this 'bug'?
    FTP would be from the pc ( laptop / desktop ) to the amiko
    you could connect an ethernet cable from a laptop to the amiko without needing an internet connection and transfer the file over that

Technofobe wrote: »
    FTP would be from the pc ( laptop ) to the amiko
    you could connect an ethernet cable from a laptop to the amiko without needing an internet connection and transfer the file over that

I'm not au fait with FTP and I don't have an Ethernet cable. Could I put that file you provided on a USB and put on machine? Also, if that was possible would the machine be able to pick up the USB or where would I find the file - I was able to do this with spark. I'm sorry I'm not very good with these things.

I'm not au fait with FTP and I don't have an Ethernet cable. Could I put that file you provided on a USB and put on machine? Also, if that was possible would the machine be able to pick up the USB or where would I find the file - I was able to do this with spark. I'm sorry I'm not very good with these things.
    I doubt if it is possible to move the files to the destination via the menu in the box
    I will try it an see if its possible only using the menu and dream explorer

Ok
    Yes it is possible to move the file from a usb key to the internal flash memory of the amiko

however I had to download the dreambox explorer plugin which required the internet connected to the box
    It would depend on what image your using if dreambox explorer is already installed

Download Zardoz file from the above post
    put it on a usb key
    put the usb into the alien
    go to plugins
    run dreambox explorer
    you should see 2 folders your usb drive and a folder called internal flash
    highlight your usb drive press ok
    highlight the file
    select yellow for move
    this brings you back to your folders
    select internal flash press ok
    select lib press ok
    select modules press ok
    press red key ( move )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

bbc iplayer is now on tsmedia latest version but of course will not work.any idea how to get it goin.i have unblockus too

bbc iplayer is now on tsmedia latest version but of course will not work.any idea how to get it goin.i have unblockus too

Move to the uk :) but seriously if you find out let me know. Does itv player work here now seen as we have utv Ireland? I never checked.

Ok
    Yes it is possible to move the file from a usb key to the internal flash memory of the amiko

however I had to download the dreambox explorer plugin which required the internet connected to the box
    It would depend on what image your using if dreambox explorer is already installed

How would I know if its installed and can I get it via my computer and transfer?

How would I know if its installed and can I get it via my computer and transfer?
    go to plugins and see if there is one called dreambox explorer

go to plugins and see if there is one called dreambox explorer

I went into 'download plugins' and there is a dreambox explorer there and I clicked yes to download - it is showing an execution process now with some lines of code and mainly with failed to download - so obviously need internet so I think i'll revert to spark even though enigma is brilliant except for the recording issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Hi - I just downloaded Zarzoz's 4.5 hyp image - very sluggish for me. Replaced the USB with something smaller but only fixed the issue a little - any way I can diagnose the problem ? - Box is very slow , unresposive at time and spinner is spinning away in the corner all the time! TIA

I went into 'download plugins' and there is a dreambox explorer there and I clicked yes to download - it is showing an execution process now with some lines of code and mainly with failed to download - so obviously need internet so I think i'll revert to spark even though enigma is brilliant except for the recording issue.
    what image are you using
    openatv
    hyperion
    openpli

?

Hi - I just downloaded Zarzoz's 4.5 hyp image - very sluggish for me. Replaced the USB with something smaller but only fixed the issue a little - any way I can diagnose the problem ? - Box is very slow , unresposive at time and spinner is spinning away in the corner all the time! TIA

Did you try to re install it maybe? Might help or you could use freshpots 4.5 image that might work better I know It does for me.

what image are you using
    openatv
    hyperion
    openpli

?

openATV

openATV

While your in spark
    plugin a usb
    go to plugins
    upgrade.sh
    run plugin upgrade.sh
    select your usb
    backup e2
    save it to dropbox
    send a link
    I will add the file and upload it back and you can then install

• Advertisement

While your in spark
    plugin a usb
    go to plugins
    upgrade.sh
    run plugin upgrade.sh
    select your usb
    backup e2
    save it to dropbox
    send a link
    I will add the file and upload it back and you can then install

Technophobe, thank you for all your help. I can't even change back to SPARK now - when I press the back button with the OK button - it just goes to the BOOT. I'll have a go again tomorrow because its getting very close to going through the window now :) Do you know if there are any other boxes that offer 7 day EPG on all stations i.e. Saorview and FTA?

Technophobe, thank you for all your help. I can't even change back to SPARK now - when I press the back button with the OK button - it just goes to the BOOT. I'll have a go again tomorrow because its getting very close to going through the window now :) Do you know if there are any other boxes that offer 7 day EPG on all stations i.e. Saorview and FTA?
    I know that feeling well :-)
    To go back to spark
    switch off at the rocker switch at the rear
    hold in ok button while switching rocker switch
    keep ok pressed till you see forc
    release ok and press up arrow till you see spark press ok
    it should boot to spark then switch off
    press power on remote wait approx 2 mins

I know that feeling well :-)
    To go back to spark
    switch off at the rocker switch at the rear
    hold in ok button while switching rocker switch
    keep ok pressed till you see forc
    release ok and press up arrow till you see spark press ok
    it should boot to spark then switch off
    press power on remote wait approx 2 mins

Yeah that has always worked for me but maybe its just me this evening :) Will try it again later.

Yeah that has always worked for me but maybe its just me this evening :) Will try it again later.
    Yep I hear you
    Sometimes all you need is a break
    If your up and at it early and dont get any where sometimes the image just gets corrupt
    I uploaded a working ver with the recording bug fixed
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/avl8jsooqfsmsph/AAC2sc0xF5Xkkw_sy1QUfNZxa?dl=0
    you could try it if you cant get your own backup working
    a quick recan of the terrestial stations and you should be back in business

Yep I hear you
    Sometimes all you need is a break
    If your up and at it early and dont get any where sometimes the image just gets corrupt
    I uploaded a working ver with the recording bug fixed
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/avl8jsooqfsmsph/AAC2sc0xF5Xkkw_sy1QUfNZxa?dl=0
    you could try it if you cant get your own backup working
    aquick recan of the terrestial stations and you should be back in business

Thanks a million for that! I will probably try it again - a glutton for punishment but would like to get the recording right and that would make me happy :)
    I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Sluggishness is usually caused by an incorrect tuner configuration.
    Disable any tuners that you aren't using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Talking of fried, my alien has packed in. Heard a spark out of it and it tripped the sockets. Now it won't boot. Think I'll be going box shopping pretty soon.

Strange ye mention that cause my box lost power tonight, box went dead like it had been unplugged, it only has a two pin plug so wasn't even sure how to check for a fuse but I unplugged it fof r a while and it worked when I tried it a while later. Hope it's not on the way out, did ye sort anything with yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

NTFS.

You also don't need this software if you use the samba plugin and map the drive as a network drive

I still can't find my drive on my network map on the pc. must have some setting wrong somewhere. feckin annoying,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

how.gareth wrote: »
    Strange ye mention that cause my box lost power tonight, box went dead like it had been unplugged, it only has a two pin plug so wasn't even sure how to check for a fuse but I unplugged it fof r a while and it worked when I tried it a while later. Hope it's not on the way out, did ye sort anything with yours?

No i think I fried something inside it. Might pick up a optimuss os3 in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    No i think I fried something inside it. Might pick up a optimuss os3 in a few weeks.

I'll be doing the same they look like a an excelent box.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement