Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This is my final clip of the evening....

It's from Vincent's People's Debate from Co. Clare back in 2015. I was in the audience, it was my birthday and I got to chat with Vinny.... I was thrilled :o:D

The guy talking in this clip is a retired CIE Bus Driver, he is real character, I went to school with one of his sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Why weren't the people moaning that E100 dole for under 25s wasn't enough for travellers because "they marry earlier than settled people" called out on this, getting married and popping out kids is a choice, can't afford em use a condom.

The fella saying ambulance personnel didn't call to his house, instead parking down the driveway a bit should have been asked why and also why Gardai had to be present.

The mother and daughter looking for the council (taxpayer in other words) to do up the houses with the graffiti on them and no doors or windows should have been asked how they got in this state considering they were only built in 2001. I'd reckon the reason refuse companies told them they won't collect the rubbish is because they know they would never be paid for doing the job. Sure it's easier to let it pile up until the council eventually clear it for free.

Why weren't the people moaning that E100 dole for under 25s wasn't enough for travellers because "they marry earlier than settled people" called out on this, getting married and popping out kids is a choice, can't afford em use a condom.

My thoughts exactly. His refusal to ask such clear and obvious questions belies his worth as a journalist whose job is to get to the truth of matters. Instead we ended up with a sentimental piece on a culture at odds with the mainstream. It seems everything is the fault of everyone else. What are the reasons there are no bin collections on that site? Why do police have to be called? Why marry so young without having an education? Why have so many kids at such a young age? Why doesn't that young man in dunsink lane drive a car? Simple, straightforward questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,285 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The end is near, whose on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The end is near, whose on tonight?

Conor Lenihan, Joan Burton, Regina O'Connor, and Jerry Beades

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It must be years since I watched Vincent before last night ... it was never as entertaining for me after Fianna Fáil and the IMF left the stage and I found myself shouting at Vincent, not the guests.

But back in the day it was great, eloquent economists and commentators coming on every night informing us of the approaching menace of the meltdown and the meddling IMF ... and Vincent had a great skill of giving hot young female journalists some exposure on Television :p

This was a great thread in those days, lots of great posters passed through ... (and some are still here!). Then there was the Spin Off 'Friday Late with Vincent Browne' where he interviewed Jedward on the first night ... and some nights he would extend the show until 1am just for the hell of it.

A truely Groundbreaking show that will be remembered and I hope Vincent stays healthy and pops up again somewhere soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,338 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

JMNolan wrote: »

Jerry "Bog Standard House" Beades, lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JMNolan wrote: »

No Fionnan Sheehan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I thought TV3 news said it was an all female panel tonight and showed the 4 clips ^^ CL, JB etc as a tribute to the show.
    So expect a total babefest from Irish politics.

M

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I thought TV3 news said it was an all female panel tonight and showed the 4 clips ^^ CL, JB etc as a tribute to the show.
    So expect a total babefest from Irish politics.

Yes TV3 News said all female, just looked back on the 3 Player.

M

The Journal have his guests as...
    Sinn Fein’s Mary Lou McDonald
    The Irish Independent’s Dearbhail McDonald
    Independent TD Catherine Connolly
    TheJournal.ie‘s Sinead O’Carroll.

Glenda Gilson and comedian Oliver Callan will be on the tweet machine.

http://www.thejournal.ie/vincent-browne-last-show-liveblog-3518169-Jul2017/

• Advertisement
    M

Will the Tweet Machine get decommissioned after the show?

M

Except if their hometown was Leitrim, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Sweet mother of God wtf and an all women panel. This is why people stop watching this bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 85,285 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Vincent going cry?

M

Is Vincent going cry?

I think if they bring out a cake for him he will.

It's a shame it's not a two hour show with a few different panels from different walks of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Sweet mother of God wtf and an all women panel. This is why people stop watching this bullsh1t

If it was an all male panel there would be a major row. Shows how men are emasculated in Vinny's world?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Honouring one of the most monumental day in Irish political history is wrong? And a show that Vincent obviously greatly valued..

Mans all female panel shows how far ahead this show was of anything on rte or anywhere else.

Revenue should have collected water charges, the government made a massive mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,853 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Revenue should have collected water charges, the government made a massive mistake.

they probably should have swung by apple on the way to...

• Advertisement

Is Vincent going cry?

Yes. They'll be announcing Joe Duffy as the new host 30 seconds from the end.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Honouring one of the most monumental day in Irish political history is wrong? And a show that Vincent obviously greatly valued..

Mans all female panel shows how far ahead this show was of anything on rte or anywhere else.

What is this positive discrimination?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Yes. They'll be announcing Joe Duffy as the new host 30 seconds from the end.

We would all be crying if that happened.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Transvestites??

One of the things I really admire about Vincent is ... he was one of the first journalists to ask Haughey where he got his money from, that took balls back in the day when many people thought Charlie was a God.

#WhereDidYouGetYourMoneyFromMr.Haughey

This show makes me realise just how one-dimensional Vinny and his programme are. There is not even a token representation of the majority opinion in this country.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    they probably should have swung by apple on the way to...

Absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

They should put on some classic Play TV at Midnight for old times sake.

Or Flathan could bring in a cake and some lucky numbers for Vincent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Disappointed with the panel for the last show and the format, it should have been a 2 hour special with a broad spectrum of guests who had appeared and made an impact on the show during its life-span, a kind of remembrance or homage to the tumultuous period in recent Irish political history that the show document

Instead we get a half-hearted look at Ireland post-crisis in the echo chamber of liberal lefties (of which I am one) and their self-congratulatory positive discrimination...and to round it all off a couple of drag queens reading out tweets. Much like the show, this final episode has just given up and ran out of steam.

• Advertisement

This is how a man should wear a dress.

klinger.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement