Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭doggiedee

Hi Misky, I'll take one if you have a spare invite, Gt is Doggiedee01.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

doggiedee wrote: »
    Hi Misky, I'll take one if you have a spare invite, Gt is Doggiedee01.
    Thanks!

Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I'm updating at the moment, I'll sent out some invites later tonight. I'll go back a few pages and send to them,
    Also if anyone else wants one post your Gt.

Does anyone know if the 3D update been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

deco nate wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the 3D update been released?

I don't think so.

• Advertisement

Just found it under display and settings, now I'm off to buy a 3d movie! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone else experiencing latency issues since the update today :confused:

Check it in network under detailed network statistics. Mine is up at 510ms which is what half a second? Pings from the pc are a solid 9 or 10 ms 0% packet loss.

Everything else checks out on the One, 98% wireless signal, MTU is at 1480 which is correct. UP/Down Speeds are up at what they should be, 0% packet loss there too :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Anyone want to send me an invite? GT is TweekeewT

(MiskyBoyy sent me one a while ago but MS still haven't acted on it)

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Anyone want to send me an invite? GT is TweekeewT

(MiskyBoyy sent me one a while ago but MS still haven't acted on it)
    I'll send you one later when I'm on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing latency issues since the update today :confused:

Check it in network under detailed network statistics. Mine is up at 510ms which is what half a second? Pings from the pc are a solid 9 or 10 ms 0% packet loss.

Everything else checks out on the One, 98% wireless signal, MTU is at 1480 which is correct. UP/Down Speeds are up at what they should be, 0% packet loss there too :confused:

Your ping will always be some where between 100 - 500 when testing on Xbox One.

When you test on your PC you are selecting a server to connect to that is more than likely in Ireland which explains the lower ping however when you test it on Xbox One you are connecting to Xbox live servers the US so the ping is much higher in the result.

All is good ;)

• Advertisement

Your ping will always be some where between 100 - 500 when testing on Xbox One.

When you test on your PC you are selecting a server to connect to that is more than likely in Ireland which explains the lower ping however when you test it on Xbox One you are connecting to Xbox live servers the US so the ping is much higher in the result.

All is good ;)

Ah yeah I know it pings the US servers but latency should not be up as high as 500+ usually it's around 150. I am experiencing serious lag in Ryse on survival matches, with enemies visibly stuttering across the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Ah yeah I know it pings the US servers but latency should not be up as high as 500+ usually it's around 150. I am experiencing serious lag in Ryse on survival matches, with enemies visibly stuttering across the screen.

Doesn't sound good. Maybe its a router issue. A quick reboot might get you back to your normal latency.

Doesn't sound good. Maybe its a router issue. A quick reboot might get you back to your normal latency.

Yeah worth a shot, just thought it odd that I was trouble free up to now with getting that update today , and it does have some weirdness in it like the font for help if you open the snap menu or look at help in apps and games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I'd say try a test over Ethernet. See if its a WiFi issue or ISP issue.

I'd say try a test over Ethernet. See if its a WiFi issue or ISP issue.

If only I could lol , the xbox is literally sitting on top of the wifi router, I'd say a meter max. Why can't I connect with a cable you ask ????? there is a floor in the way :D

The router had to be put in on top a press in the kitchen when they changed us over to the v-fiber and can;t be moved and the xbox is directly above it in the den upstairs.

The computer is in the same location wirelessly, so I ran speed test on that , ireland 9ms, UK 32ms, US 115ms which is about right , and sub the 150ms ms say is acceptable for games and streaming (I'd beg to differ on their definition there)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

If only I could lol , the xbox is literally sitting on top of the wifi router, I'd say a meter max. Why can't I connect with a cable you ask ????? there is a floor in the way :D

The router had to be put in on top a press in the kitchen when they changed us over to the v-fiber and can;t be moved and the xbox is directly above it in the den upstairs.

The computer is in the same location wirelessly, so I ran speed test on that , ireland 9ms, UK 32ms, US 115ms which is about right , and sub the 150ms ms say is acceptable for games and streaming (I'd beg to differ on their definition there)

Hi Calex, I'm seeing the same after the update, wired connection gigabyte switch via cat 6 Ethernet cable, so your not the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

I got the the big preview update today but i don't have any of the new friends ui or the media player it looks the same. how come i can see it? And does anyone else notice the sound through the tv hdmi input being distorted after the update??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

sky23 wrote: »
    I got the the big preview update today but i don't have any of the new friends ui or the media player it looks the same. how come i can see it? And does anyone else notice the sound through the tv hdmi input being distorted after the update??

Was onto Support today and there's an update coming thankfully for us. Apparently there's 3 or so versions of 1409 so we must have the earlier versions. My tv audio is arseways, it pops like mad.

Hi Calex, I'm seeing the same after the update, wired connection gigabyte switch via cat 6 Ethernet cable, so your not the only one!

It's weird though I ran tests last night using the browser on xbox one with www.speedof.me it uses html5 as opposed to flash and both it and my desktop pc came back with the same result of 29ms to a paris based server :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's weird though I ran tests last night using the browser on xbox one with www.speedof.me it uses html5 as opposed to flash and both it and my desktop pc came back with the same result of 29ms to a paris based server :confused:

The internet is a funny thing, and there's actually a fair number of things going on that could be affecting it.

First and foremost: the 512K limit on some of the old backbone routers. Some ISPs and even some companies(you can guarantee that Microsoft run a few of these routers) are being hit hard with what is essentially another "Y2K bug", except this time, no one did anything in advance of it.

You can read about it here.

The 512K bug will actually get worse before it gets better, but it could be that it's not what is causing the problems with Xbox Live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Now I was testing doing one of the quests and the latency was 160ms and one dropped packet, it's weird I'm used to under 100ms buy I'm not sure what's classed as standard on the Xbox one, I seemed to be getting lag on Battlefield as well yesterday, in that I'm shooting guys but only seem to get hit markers and they end up killing me, very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Now I was testing doing one of the quests and the latency was 160ms and one dropped packet, it's weird I'm used to under 100ms buy I'm not sure what's classed as standard on the Xbox one, I seemed to be getting lag on Battlefield as well yesterday, in that I'm shooting guys but only seem to get hit markers and they end up killing me, very frustrating!

I put that down to battlefield :pac: seriously, everyone eats my bullets but its like 50/50 whether I die first or not even if I shoot first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Any chance of an invite please,

My gamertag is BeanFlicker86

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Any chance of an invite please,

My gamertag is BeanFlicker86

Cheers

Invite sent

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Used to be getting 60 download and about 11 up, 20 ms, no packet loss. Now after update 8 down 3 up 760ms and no packet loss. Tried titanfall couldn't game started

Very strange, I am on the latest beta update but my network stats are fine. 38 download 9.2 upload 0% packet loss 1480 MTU and latency of 155 which it always is as the server is in Seattle.

Do us folks with issues have the new friends thing on the dash ? I do. I know there are a few versions of 1409 rolled out to us.

Do us folks with issues have the new friends thing on the dash ? I do. I know there are a few versions of 1409 rolled out to us.

Is that the activity feed you are talking about, been able to like, share and comment on videos, etc? I have that myself but my network statistics are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

I have amazon prime and have seen there is Amazon Instant Video app for Xbox One. Can't for the life of me find it, anyone know how it works?

Edit: Have discovered I can get the app when changing the system to England, but doesn't let me play any content as I'm not in England, presume there's no way around this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Probably the wrong thread :o

Advertisement