Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

yeah been looking at the splitter myself, let me know when you receive yours and how it works. read lot of different reviews, don't wanna end up buying the wrong one.

to record you still need to use the UPC remote. but the xbox one remote allows to pause, rewind, fast forward as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Hold on hold on....... Ha! Back up......

Horizon??? We got UPC last year-Digital, broadband, phone bundle for €50pm. Just Googled Horizon. It's all in one box now? Thought Horizon was the app.....

Will it all work with my current setup and do I need any extra cables/how do I set it up?

Jeez, I just read my above post.....I sound like an 80 year old pensioner.....or worse....my mother. I'm only 31!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

shuffles03 wrote: »

Horizon??? We got UPC last year-Digital, broadband, phone bundle for €50pm. Just Googled Horizon. It's all in one box now? Thought Horizon was the app.....

Will it all work with my current setup and do I need any extra cables/how do I set it up?

Jeez, I just read my above post.....I sound like an 80 year old pensioner.....or worse....my mother. I'm only 31!

Should do, just need to plug the HDMI from your Horizon box to your Xbox or TV and Bob's your uncle.

Does your UPC connect to your tv via hdmi or SCART? If hdmi and u just happen to have one of the older upc boxes I still think it should work. Like I said when u set up oneguide on the Xbox it allows you to select one of three different upc boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Well, with a name like Shuffles and not knowing about Horizon you may well be 80 :D

I got Horizon a while after it came out and found the internet speeds dreadful compared to my modem so reverted back to a router and digital box. I'd imagine it's improved significantly since then.

• Advertisement

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Well, with a name like Shuffles and not knowing about Horizon you may well be 80 :D

I got Horizon a while after it came out and found the internet speeds dreadful compared to my modem so reverted back to a router and digital box. I'd imagine it's improved significantly since then.

Internet ain't super on the horizon now. Only 2.4ghz frequency, but not much worse than the router that were provided with the older broadband bundles. with the Xbox hooked up via cable it doesn't bother me anyway

Been spending a fair bit of time with OneGuide. From what I can tell it seems to get better at understanding commands once you go through each channel. It obviously takes a while but it now seems to work flawlessly once I enunciate. I get the wrong channel the odd time if I mutter(speak normally)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got a message on xbox live over night about the media player, those in the preview who don't have it should check their messages.

Pretty cool that they can roll stuff out this way, like they did for EA access. No need to push out a system update etc. Just click on the message to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Just logged onto my smartglass this morning

And there was a message for invite to the preview program!!!! :D

-Toppy-

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Just logged onto my smartglass this morning

And there was a message for invite to the preview program!!!! :D

-Toppy-

Great. U just need to install the app from there and and on one opened click registration

Took 2 days for me until I was enrolled and the update installed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Cheers Mikill, in and pending :)

Edit: Woohoo, updating!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's alright, this is the right thread for asking for an invite :)

Hi Misky,

The invite you sent me never came through, would you have another to send on?

I'm looking for it in my xbox inbox, is that where I should be looking?

Thanks,

Ken

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hi Misky,

The invite you sent me never came through, would you have another to send on?

I'm looking for it in my xbox inbox, is that where I should be looking?

Thanks,

Ken

What's your gamer tag and I'll add you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

CatInABox wrote: »
    What's your gamer tag and I'll add you too.

Thanks CatInABox!

GT - Cahnabaal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks CatInABox!

GT - Cahnabaal

Done, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

So does the OneGuide work well with UPC Horizon TV? How's the voice control for switching channels?

Picking up an XB1 in October (Sunset Overdrive Bundle), and this would be a pretty big deal.

So does the OneGuide work well with UPC Horizon TV? How's the voice control for switching channels?

Picking up an XB1 in October (Sunset Overdrive Bundle), and this would be a pretty big deal.

it works quite well, however I do notice juddering but that's because of the preview program. a lot of people in EU are experiencing issues with the 50Hz set up of the console since BUILD 1408 and 1409, hopefully that will be fixed soon. according to the preview program forum it has already been forwarded to the engineering team in MS

VOICE control works quite good too I have to say, but I think the Sunset Overdrive bundle doesn't come with Kinect or does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

My xbox will tun off my Digital+ Box, change the channels etc.. but it wont turn the box on...

miralize wrote: »
    My xbox will tun off my Digital+ Box, change the channels etc.. but it wont turn the box on...

not sure what set-top box you have but try this to determine the right code.

www . ueisupport . com

The site is still in beta though

sorry had to post it that way as I'm not able to post links

Same here. I've been on the xbox forums seeing if there's a fix. Will post
    here if it's sorted.

• Advertisement

Mikill87 wrote: »
    not sure what set-top box you have but try this to determine the right code.

www . ueisupport . com

The site is still in beta though

sorry had to post it that way as I'm not able to post links

For anyone with a digital UPC box and unsure of the make mine is a Cisco 8685DVB. I'd imagine they're all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    For anyone with a digital UPC box and unsure of the make mine is a Cisco 8685DVB. I'd imagine they're all the same.

Is that the horizon box? or the older digital box

Horizon box is: Samsung SMT-G7400

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Mikill87 wrote: »
    it works quite well, however I do notice juddering but that's because of the preview program. a lot of people in EU are experiencing issues with the 50Hz set up of the console since BUILD 1408 and 1409, hopefully that will be fixed soon. according to the preview program forum it has already been forwarded to the engineering team in MS

VOICE control works quite good too I have to say, but I think the Sunset Overdrive bundle doesn't come with Kinect or does it?

It doesn't, but I can just grab one used for quite cheap.

It's the digital box.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Is that the Spanish Digital+ box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is that the Spanish Digital+ box?

Cisco 8685DVB

Got the following message around 12.28am:-
    The 1409 update preview is now available for all Preview Members! Launch the Xbox Preview Dashboard from this message on your Xbox One to see what's new and complete Quests and Surveys. Thanks for your participation in the Preview Program, and Game On!

Just downloading it now 263MB approximately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just downloading it now 263MB approximately.

Downloaded it earlier. Didn't see anything new, no friends tab or achievement leaderboard yet :/ Didn't go into quests tho to see what it had to say for itself!

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Downloaded it earlier. Didn't see anything new, no friends tab or achievement leaderboard yet :/ Didn't go into quests tho to see what it had to say for itself!

I think I find the dashboard a bit more responsive when scrolling through it.
    Nothing under announcements under the preview app. Under quests new trial fast switching:- Quickly change between AAA game titles multiple times.
    Not sure if that was up there before the latest update, obviously checking to see if any slowdown or freezing occurs.

Advertisement