Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

/confused

Has the oneguide update for Ireland made it or not to the August public release?

I dont think it has looking at it after the upgrade, but I could be wrong
    -Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

-Toppy- wrote: »
    /confused

Has the oneguide update for Ireland made it or not to the August public release?

I dont think it has looking at it after the upgrade, but I could be wrong
    -Toppy-

I think that won't be available for everyone until September update just some people in the preview have it now

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

It was one of the things stated for August update? Media player etc were for September release.

yeah Majornelson posted it back in July saying
    http://majornelson.com/2014/07/18/next-xbox-one-update/

"OneGuide in Brazil, Mexico, Austria and Ireland: Live TV listings can be configured for four new countries as part of this month’s Preview program. And now there is an OneGuide Issue Reporter available under the TV & OneGuide settings, Troubleshooting section."

Robbed :/

Ah, it does say Preview program, I missed that.

• Advertisement

I could be wrong but everything else made it from Julys preview into August release :(

Xbox Support on Twitter confirmed its not in it
    Back to begging for beta invites

If any one can through me an invite GT is gearoidg
    Thanks
    Toppy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Thanks
    Toppy

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I could be wrong but everything else made it from Julys preview into August release :(

Pretty much everything did. But MS have said that things will only come from the preview program to the public release when they are ready.

Maybe more work was needed for this feature in the new markets (and when it is released we will jump straight to having the mini OneGuide as well).

Pretty much everything did. But MS have said that things will only come from the preview program to the public release when they are ready.

Maybe more work was needed for this feature in the new markets (and when it is released we will jump straight to having the mini OneGuide as well).

What worries me about that is it not listed in the September preview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

What worries me about that is it not listed in the September preview

wouldn't need to be listed again, as its already rolled out in the august preview :)

was kinda expecting it to take a while before oneguide would be released fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

I dont want to turn it into an invite thread but if anyone has a spare invite it would be appreciated.

Rafloution wrote: »
    I dont want to turn it into an invite thread but if anyone has a spare invite it would be appreciated.

whats you gamertag? can invite you once i get home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Rafloution wrote: »

It's alright, this is the right thread for asking for an invite :)

Xbox Support on Twitter confirmed its not in it
    Back to begging for beta invites

Thanks
    Toppy

sure will send invite for you as well as soon as i get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Has anyone tried the OneGuide in the beta with UPC? Just curious to hear how it works. We have UPC and never use the in-built guide to search for programmes (seriously slow). We always just click browse and then quickly scroll left or right to the desired channel - much faster than using the guide. I'm guessing the OneGuide would be quite a bit slower compared to using the basic browse feature that's built into UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

hi guys, could i get an invite?

my xbox gamertag is, surprisingly, stevoslice...

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the OneGuide in the beta with UPC? Just curious to hear how it works. We have UPC and never use the in-built guide to search for programmes (seriously slow). We always just click browse and then quickly scroll left or right to the desired channel - much faster than using the guide. I'm guessing the OneGuide would be quite a bit slower compared to using the basic browse feature that's built into UPC?

with UPC horizon its quite the opposite.

the built in guide is much quicker compared to the really slow process of click browsing and scrolling left and right. Its painstakingly slow....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

shuffles03 wrote: »

I thought it might be slow too but it's really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Mikill87 wrote: »
    whats you gamertag? can invite you once i get home

sent pm thanks guys

• Advertisement

both added..

took me 24hrs til I received message via xbox, inviting me to the preview.. that was Saturday.

came home now to see that i'm also enrolled and latest preview update being installed :)
    hope it won't take you much longer than that either

Can anyone tell me how this invite thing works?

both added..

took me 24hrs til I received message via xbox, inviting me to the preview.. that was Saturday.

came home now to see that i'm also enrolled and latest preview update being installed :)
    hope it won't take you much longer than that either

Have you got the friends tab on the top now? :confused:

twam2008 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how this invite thing works?

As in, how do you invite people once you're in?

If so, you just go to the preview app and 1 of the tabs says Invite friends, you choose from your list of friends and then hit send invites. Takes days or weeks then (its random) for your friend to receive a message on their xbox from Microsoft saying they're in.

Sorry, no, am starting to think I'd like to get on board the preview train and wondering what I need to do?

Sorry, no, am starting to think I'd like to get on board the preview train and wondering what I need to do?

whats your gamertag?

whats your gamertag?

Just give your gamertag and Mikill will invite you :)

Nice one, is it straightforward from there? It's twam2008

Nice one, is it straightforward from there? It's twam2008

done mate

took me 24hrs till I received message via xbox, inviting me to the preview. just keep an eye out on your xbox for any new messages send. you will then be able to download the preview app from there... from there it may take another few days until you are enrolled.

you can see that under the registration button in the preview app. all very straightforward

btw i'm much happier now with Oneguide for UPC horizon. took a while to set up... I had to select "UPC Cablecom" as cablebox. for some reason there were three options. afterwards the Kinect is sending power commands. just had to repeat that step until it found the right frequency and turned the UPC box on.
    now I can quick browse much quicker and select TV. even pause, rewind, etc... works with it. it does send the signal to the UPC box perfectly.

now just gotta hope the missus likes the new set up :D maybe if I turn the dashboard pink she will accept haha

• Advertisement

done mate

took me 24hrs till I received message via xbox, inviting me to the preview. just keep an eye out on your xbox for any new messages send. you will then be able to download the preview app from there... from there it may take another few days until you are enrolled.

you can see that under the registration button in the preview app. all very straightforward

btw i'm much happier now with Oneguide for UPC horizon. took a while to set up... I had to select "UPC Cablecom" as cablebox. for some reason there were three options. afterwards the Kinect is sending power commands. just had to repeat that step until it found the right frequency and turned the UPC box on.
    now I can quick browse much quicker and select TV. even pause, rewind, etc... works with it. it does send the signal to the UPC box perfectly.

now just gotta hope the missus likes the new set up :D maybe if I turn the dashboard pink she will accept haha

Cheers Mikil, I have the Xbox and UPC going through a receiver, ordered a HDMI splitter a while ago so that I can run the UPC to the receiver and the Xbox, idea being to keep both options open, I'd read you can't use the record functionality through the XBox, my misses uses 4OD on the Xbox any way, so shouldn't be a problem, she leaves me in charge of all the techy stuff anyway :)

Advertisement