Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

calex71 wrote: »
    Do us folks with issues have the new friends thing on the dash ? I do. I know there are a few versions of 1409 rolled out to us.

Yes that's the one I have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

twam2008 wrote: »
    I have amazon prime and have seen there is Amazon Instant Video app for Xbox One. Can't for the life of me find it, anyone know how it works?

Edit: Have discovered I can get the app when changing the system to England, but doesn't let me play any content as I'm not in England, presume there's no way around this?

Don't think it's allowed on here, but a google will see you right.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

tony1980 wrote: »
    Is that the activity feed you are talking about, been able to like, share and comment on videos, etc? I have that myself but my network statistics are fine.
    Have that 2 activity feed but still showing much same speed, got that activity feed on previous update. Did they add more to it this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Found fix on the preview dashboard go to announcements know issues and it says go to settings, preferences and toggle allow to play to stream under system & app. I clicked it off and back to normal speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

When I plugged in my usb stick the media app wasn't popping up to download but you can get the media app by going to Quests and doing the media quest. It works great.

Kev. wrote: »

Done.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    When I plugged in my usb stick the media app wasn't popping up to download but you can get the media app by going to Quests and doing the media quest. It works great.

I noticed it didn't pop up if you were in settings or something like that, worked when I was back on the main dash.

I noticed it didn't pop up if you were in settings or something like that, worked when I was back on the main dash.

I tried loads of times from the dashboard but had no luck. I think you're on a newer version of 1409 than me, I don't have the friends tab on my dashboard.

I tried loads of times from the dashboard but had no luck. I think you're on a newer version of 1409 than me, I don't have the friends tab on my dashboard.

Are their files on the drive and fat 32 formatting?

• Advertisement

Are their files on the drive and fat 32 formatting?

Yup.

Found fix on the preview dashboard go to announcements know issues and it says go to settings, preferences and toggle allow to play to stream under system & app. I clicked it off and back to normal speeds

Nice one, wish id seen that earlier while leveling up in Ryse what an ordeal that was :(

Checked it there, latency back to normal !!!! Obviously some kind of bug with something they changed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Could someone invite me to the preview? shuffles07

Cheers!

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Could someone invite me to the preview? shuffles07

Cheers!

Done.

Just on the media player, it installed when I launched the quest, 1st movie I played was an mkv format and it wouldn't play then tried a divx movie and if played as did an avi and mp4 file type seems to work ok for me.

Just on the media player, it installed when I launched the quest, 1st movie I played was an mkv format and it wouldn't play then tried a divx movie and if played as did an avi and mp4 file type seems to work ok for me.

Mkv isn't supported just yet as far as I know.

Mkv isn't supported just yet as far as I know.

Just watching a mp4 file of the walking dead noticing a bit of frame jumping but not losing audio sync which is good.

Just watching a mp4 file of the walking dead noticing a bit of frame jumping but not losing audio sync which is good.

I watched a couple of mp4's today with no problems, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I used to watch all my tv shows & movies through the system video player on the Xbox 360 with my external hard drive hooked up.

That all changed when I got the Sky Now box and set up Plex on my PC. It's the business and I don't think I could ever go back to using the system player on 360 or the ONE.

Just saying in case you guys don't know about it, can get the box for only €12, major bargain! Thread about it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057001096

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I used to watch all my tv shows & movies through the system video player on the Xbox 360 with my external hard drive hooked up.

That all changed when I got the Sky Now box and set up Plex on my PC. It's the business and I don't think I could ever go back to using the system player on 360 or the ONE.

Just saying in case you guys don't know about it, can get the box for only €12, major bargain! Thread about it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057001096

I just use xbmc hooked up to the Xbox now myself. Say watch TV and then use my remote for my xbmc box, Plex is great too but I got sick of organising movies on a hard drive!

• Advertisement

tony1980 wrote: »
    I just use xbmc hooked up to the Xbox now myself. Say watch TV and then use my remote for my xbmc box, Plex is great too but I got sick of organising movies on a hard drive!

XBMC and Plex = The same thing, plus they have the same issue regarding file names, for tv you have to have S00E00 in the file name and movies need the year to show up properly and show the coverart and details. Well that and they are the same developers in the way xvid and divx are

Lads just downloading another update 256MB, had to manually kick it off, maybe it will address some of the issues we have seen on the last release!

It's a new update 1409.140815-2200
    Fixes wifi issues, audio popping/static while watching liveTV, and no audio playing from headsets connected via the headset adaptor.

August update should be rolling out to all today.
    Mobile purchase: One of the most requested features on Xbox Feedback. Using Xbox SmartGlass or on Xbox.com, you can remotely purchase games and Add-on content. No more waiting to begin downloading when you get home – if your console is set to automatically take updates, your console will begin downloading your purchase.

Activity feed updates: We’re adding new ways for you to interact with friends in the activity feed. The interface will change to a single column scrolling list that is longer and includes more content. We’ll add the ability to post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on feed items. You can share game clips and anything else in the feed with friends either publically (to your activity feed) or privately (as an attachment to a message). You’ll also be notified when anyone likes, comments on or shares your items. Each user will get a personal feed on their profile, so you can see what specific friends have been up to. And, with SmartGlass, you can see what your friends have shared to their activity feed and “like” specific posts (additional activity feed support coming in future SmartGlass updates).

Low battery notification: You asked for it, now a notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.

Disable notifications during video: Adding the ability to turn off notifications based feedback we heard from you.

Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray player app will enable 3D Blu-ray functionality on Xbox One.

Last seen time in Friends list: Direct from Xbox Feedback, the friends list will now show how long it’s been since a friend has been online. For example, “Last seen 20m ago: Forza Motorsport 5.”

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

August update should be rolling out to all today.

Doesn't it bring the OneGuide to Ireland as well? This is the part I'm most holding out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

The update didn't include the oneguide for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

Aronaay wrote: »
    The update didn't include the oneguide for Ireland

I've got oneguide for ireland already but it doesn't have freesat so i still have to set to uk region

sky23 wrote: »
    I've got oneguide for ireland already but it doesn't have freesat so i still have to set to uk region

What's it like? Ideally I'd like to run everything through the xbox, media drive and UPC, but no point doing it if guide is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

twam2008 wrote: »
    What's it like? Ideally I'd like to run everything through the xbox, media drive and UPC, but no point doing it if guide is rubbish.

I can't say much for the irish oneguide as i said i have set mine to uk region for freesat but i did quickly check it out its got the saorview, sky ireland, evision and upc etc I've being using it with freesat since uk region got it its nice being able to change channels with kinect there has being problems with no guide on some channels, info missing put they are slowly working that out. I don't know if its my internet but i find it can be slow to load sometimes, with the the new preview i've got the mini guide which is basically now/next info its a nice addition.

• Advertisement

sky23 wrote: »
    I can't say much for the irish oneguide as i said i have set mine to uk region for freesat but i did quickly check it out its got the saorview, sky ireland, evision and upc etc I've being using it with freesat since uk region got it its nice being able to change channels with kinect there has being problems with no guide on some channels, info missing put they are slowly working that out. I don't know if its my internet but i find it can be slow to load sometimes, with the the new preview i've got the mini guide which is basically now/next info its a nice addition.

Thanks, sounds good, I don't particularly mind the new upc guide, but at the same time wouldn't be hard to best it.

Advertisement