Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

deco nate wrote: »
    Now just to say, you are posting in the wrong thread.
    Goto the main xbox one thread next time. :)

This is the right thread to use in order to talk about anything & everything update related though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

New update is rolling out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

CatInABox wrote: »
    New update is rolling out now.

To regular folks or just preview folks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

twam2008 wrote: »
    To regular folks or just preview folks?

Everyone, and it's huge 1963mb :eek:

The preview ones have only been around 300mb or so.

Edit: I had to go into settings to kick it off manually.

Think it might just be preview members, it's all the new stuff they spoke of at gamescon, can't wait to get the regular August update so I can set up the OneGuide thingy.

http://majornelson.com/2014/08/15/xbox-one-system-update-now-available-preview-members/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

No media player. I think only some people are getting that part of it :(
    WPCentral wrote:
    Update: We just updated and have been able to poke around a bit. This is the September Update Preview (1409 preview). When you check out what new experiences are available in this update the following are listed: Parties, Boot to TV, Live TV Miniguide, "Xbox On" in New Markets, Multiple GameDVR Deletes, Settings Update, and Bandwidth Usage Dispaly. Looks like we might need to wait a little bit longer to get the new media player. Nonetheless, it's a nice update to preview!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

No media player. I think only some people are getting that part of it :(
    "A new app will be available soon" for preview members. Initially it will only be for USB attached storage, it will be updated later for DLNA.

Think it might just be preview members, it's all the new stuff they spoke of at gamescon, can't wait to get the regular August update so I can set up the OneGuide thingy.

http://majornelson.com/2014/08/15/xbox-one-system-update-now-available-preview-members/

Yeah you're right, the download I got is 1409 which is the september update.

I did get the friends thingy this time though. and finally multiple dvr deletes so I can be rid of all those Ryse ones quick as possible.

"A new app will be available soon" for preview members. Initially it will only be for USB attached storage, it will be updated later for DLNA.

Yeah, just realised that. Saw some people on twitter had it already.

EDIT: Ah it was just people commenting on the preview video of it. Speaking of which:

Looks really good. My NAS handles on the DLNA stuff, so hopefully this works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

Yeah, just realised that. Saw some people on twitter had it already.

I have it to. If you have an external drive/pendrive then try and plug it in and cancel a request to format your external thingy, unplug and plug again and it should prompt you to download the app (put some media files on the drive to be sure). Name of the app is "Media Player - Preview" and it is not available to download from apps store.

Hope it helps. Good luck.

• Advertisement

I have a receiver that has DNLA, should I be able to plug my hard drive into the receiver and access it from Xbox? Currently it goes in to router and is accessed by jailbroken Apple TV.

I have a receiver that has DNLA, should I be able to plug my hard drive into the receiver and access it from Xbox? Currently it goes in to router and is accessed by jailbroken Apple TV.

There is only usb support atm. No DLNA support yet so cannot really answer your question.

Aeghnor wrote: »
    I have it to. If you have an external drive/pendrive then try and plug it in and cancel a request to format your external thingy, unplug and plug again and it should prompt you to download the app (put some media files on the drive to be sure). Name of the app is "Media Player - Preview" and it is not available to download from apps store.

Hope it helps. Good luck.

It did indeed, thanks. I just had to insert my key though, as it's only USB 2.0

It did indeed, thanks. I just had to insert my key though, as it's only USB 2.0

Glad i could help. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Got the 1409 update today and set it to 'On Start, got to tv'. Now the audio is clipping badly when watching tv. I turned it back to boot normally but the clipping is still there. Anyone else having this problem? It's a UPC box.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

on WPCentral some posted this:

Tip - Media Player is Available on 1409

If on 1409 , plugin USB with media to xbox , you will be prompted to download media player app.

maybe one of you could try to see if it the media player works
    can't test myself as not in the preview

Mikill87 wrote: »
    on WPCentral some posted this:

Tip - Media Player is Available on 1409

If on 1409 , plugin USB with media to xbox , you will be prompted to download media player app.

maybe one of you could try to see if it the media player works
    can't test myself as not in the preview

Yeah, I've done this already, it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Tried media player, have a big folder with a load of movies but it takes ages to scroll through them and eventually crashes or get an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

Can anyone please send me an invite. My gamertag is NTMK
    Thanks in advance

Lamposts wrote: »
    Tried media player, have a big folder with a load of movies but it takes ages to scroll through them and eventually crashes or get an error.

is your device USB 3.0 or 2? just wondering if that may slow down the scroll process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

is your device USB 3.0 or 2? just wondering if that may slow down the scroll process

3.0 pal. works perfectly with me 360. im sure they'll iron it out before its full release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Aronaay wrote: »
    Can anyone please send me an invite. My gamertag is NTMK
    Thanks in advance

Done :)

hi there,

any chance one of you could send me an invite for the preview program as well?

gamer tag: Mikill1987

Also do you know if UPC Horizon works with Oneguide? the horizon remote is driving me crazy, the response time is so slow.
    Maybe Oneguide would be quicker, then I could convince the missus to have everything go through the xbox ;)

Invited :)

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    So I just got my Xbox one..... The update at the start is taking forever!!! Only 500mb or something ridiculous.

Welcome :)

Would you like an invite to the dashboard beta so you can try new features before the general public?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Invited :)

thank you very much Misky :)

much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I wish that the invite would go live :( Id love to be trying out the beta
    Damn random selection from MS

(Misky you added me before I believe)

GT is gearoidg if anyelse wants to try

-Toppy- wrote: »
    I wish that the invite would go live :( Id love to be trying out the beta
    Damn random selection from MS

(Misky you added me before I believe)

GT is gearoidg if anyelse wants to try

Hmmmmm I did but I'll send another one just to make sure it goes through.

All the new beta users should do the same and invite you and everyone else too :rolleyes:

Awwww the media player doesn't snap how am I supposed to listen to Tool while grinding to level 50 in Crimson Dragon now /Sad Trombone

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Sorry don't have time to go back through the thrend but any1 who wants an invite pm there game tag I will send then later to night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

gotthebug wrote: »
    Sorry don't have time to go back through the thrend but any1 who wants an invite pm there game tag I will send then later to night

Cheers, pm sent

Advertisement