Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Furp wrote: »
    Thank you all I'm also in now, I have also tried some of the quests I noticed there is one for ea access but when it shows the app it says in available, for those that have it is your console set to UK or Ireland

USA :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Furp wrote: »
    Thank you all I'm also in now, I have also tried some of the quests I noticed there is one for ea access but when it shows the app it says in available, for those that have it is your console set to UK or Ireland

Set to ireland, for those just in you will likely not get a dashboard download until after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

calex71 wrote: »
    Set to ireland, for those just in you will likely not get a dashboard download until after the weekend.

Yeah I went onto the preview forum, and it seems they sent out invites in waves so those that only got in last week may not get it or they may send out another.

I would also recommend everyone use the preview app the quests and surveys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Details on the next OS update are out, including a media player (USB only for now).
    Starting in the early access program later this month, new social features making it easier for gamers to connect with their friends and new ways to access their TV and entertainment throughout their homes will be coming to Xbox One. The updates include:

New “Friends” section – the new Friends section has been available for a few early access Preview members and we’re expanding it to everyone enrolled in the Preview program. The new Friends section enables users to see at a glance what’s going on with their friends. They can stay up-to-date with their current activities, the most popular games their friends are playing, and a Gamerscore leaderboard to see who has improved their Gamerscore over the last 30 days.

Snap Center – Some of gamers’ favorite features in the Xbox 360 guide, are coming to Xbox One in a way that’s now truly be side-by-side with games. Messages, friends, parties, and achievements will all be available in the new Snap Center, providing a seamless way to switch back and forth without having to leave a game.

Threaded Messages – keeping gamers in their games while they multitask has been a huge focus. The new Messages app features threaded messages with the full conversation history – including embedded links to Game DVR clips – that can be viewed without interrupting gameplay.

Media Player – a new app will be available soon that enables users to play media files from either an attached USB device or from a network connected home media server that supports DLNA protocols. The preview version of the Media Player app will initially only support USB devices, with DLNA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and mkv which will be added by the end of the year. See below for additional file formats.

Xbox One Digital TV Tuner –announced last week, this new accessory will enter a limited preview program in Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain), in advance of its retail launch beginning in October.

Stream TV to SmartGlass – launching first in markets receiving the Xbox Digital TV Tuner, Xbox One owners will be able to stream their TV across their home network to their smartphones and tablets using the Xbox SmartGlass app. They can also pause, play and rewind as well as change channels, without interrupting gameplay on the Xbox One. This will work for SmartGlass apps on Windows, iOS, and Android.

Boot to TV – Now Xbox One owners will be able to set their console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.

Live TV mini guide – for markets where OneGuide is available, a new mini guide on the bottom of the screen will display details about the TV content that is currently playing. Users can quickly change channels and see what’s on other channels, while still watching TV.

Country Expansion – we’re doing a lot of work on the backend to prepare for Xbox One to launch in 29 new markets in the coming weeks.

As with previous updates, these may be rolling out in general availability to Xbox One owners at different stages in the coming months. We continue to be amazed by our fans’ enthusiasm for our Xbox One system updates and their fantastic input. We’re working hard to make Xbox One more social and the best place for all your games and entertainment, and we can’t wait to roll out these new features, and more, in the coming months.

http://majornelson.com/2014/08/12/kicking-gamescom-2014-social-features-new-ways-watch-tv-usb-dlna-support-coming-soon/

Thanks to whichever mod for moving this to the right thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

MKV?!

Nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MKV?!

Nice one!

Indeed, it's a pretty extensive list.
    3gp audio
    3gp video
    3gp2
    aac
    adts
    animated gif
    asf
    avi divx
    avi dv
    avi uncompressed
    avi xvid
    bmp
    jpg
    gif
    h264 avchd
    mjpeg
    mkv
    mov
    mp3
    mpeg 1 ps
    mpeg 2
    mpeg 2 hd
    mpeg 2 ts
    mpeg 4 h264 aac
    mpeg 4 sp
    png
    tiff
    wav
    wma
    wma lossless
    wma pro
    wma voice
    wmv
    wmv hd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its been a while since I read up on video containers but isn't the mov container in itself irrelevant if the xbox doesn't support the codec? I may be talking out my ass...

miralize wrote: »
    Its been a while since I read up on video containers but isn't the mov container in itself irrelevant if the xbox doesn't support the codec? I may be talking out my ass...

As far as I know, it's the same with all of the containers, whether it's mov or avi, etc.

The mere fact that they are supporting mkv and h.264 means that by definition they have to expand the amount of codecs supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

wow, they really are implementing a lot of suggestions from the feedback site, really impressed by this and it looks like we will have digital pre-ordering and pre-loading very soon as we should have had from the start but at least they are listening!

Video showing off a few of the updates now.

Very impressed by the streaming TV to a tablet while playing a game on the console, that may resolve a few fights with my wife!

• Advertisement

A Plex app would be so much more welcome than USB + DLNA streaming, after having used it on my TV for the last while, nothing xbox can implement with DLNA or USB playback will tempt me to watch video on the one. For those with out though i think it's more than welcome though.

A Plex app would be so much more welcome than USB + DLNA streaming, after having used it on my TV for the last while, nothing xbox can implement with DLNA or USB playback will tempt me to watch video on the one. For those with out though i think it's more than welcome though.

Plex is the biz!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

There's a third party developer working on an unofficial app apparently. No news for the last couple months though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

miralize wrote: »
    There's a third party developer working on an unofficial app apparently. No news for the last couple months though!

This article is from June 27th and it has a few pics of it on Xbox One.

http://www.xboxmad.net/x/plex-for-xboxone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Now that would be the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Any chance of a preview invite? I'd love to check out the oneguide features.

GT - Cahnabaal

Thanks

Any chance of a preview invite? I'd love to check out the oneguide features.

GT - Cahnabaal

Thanks

Sent you one there bud.

Is there anyone else that I've invited already still waiting to get in?

I'll send another one just in case?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Sent you one there bud.

Cheers Misky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Sent you one there bud.

Could I get one if possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Sent you one there bud.

Yep I think you sent me one a couple of weeks back.I've not had any luck so far.

Thanx again,my Gamertag is bazzz3

• Advertisement

bazzz wrote: »
    Yep I think you sent me one a couple of weeks back.I've not had any luck so far.

Thanx again,my Gamertag is bazzz3

No probs. I'll send another one to both of you in a few mins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

If there are any invites going I'd gladly take one

Gamertag: bombjaxx

TIA

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Could I get one if possible?

What's your gamertag? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Can you do voice commands with your region set to Ireland yet? Thought it was meant to happen with the July update.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Can you do voice commands with your region set to Ireland yet? Thought it was meant to happen with the July update.

Yup done and dusted as of the July update

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mikill87

hi there,

any chance one of you could send me an invite for the preview program as well?

gamer tag: Mikill1987

Also do you know if UPC Horizon works with Oneguide? the horizon remote is driving me crazy, the response time is so slow.
    Maybe Oneguide would be quicker, then I could convince the missus to have everything go through the xbox ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

When is the new dashboard released to joe public?

Shred wrote: »
    When is the new dashboard released to joe public?

I would say soon but the frequency of updates in the beta would make me think otherwise, I only got the new friends on dash thing today and things are still slow as hell on the feed etc and not working as they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

So I just got my Xbox one..... The update at the start is taking forever!!! Only 500mb or something ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    So I just got my Xbox one..... The update at the start is taking forever!!! Only 500mb or something ridiculous.

Are you on beta? Seeing as you just got it I think it's just an update, everybody gets an update, even ps4 owners have to update thier systems. Welcome to the next gen..
    Now just to say, you are posting in the wrong thread.
    Goto the main xbox one thread next time. :)

Advertisement