Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

gazump123 wrote: »

Here are the results Munster fans should be shouting for this weekend
    There are 3 places for best runner up so we just need to finish ahead of Stad, and no more than 2 of the other results below can go against us.

Ulster Rugby (13 pts) Vs US Oyonnax (7 pts) 1pm Sat
    Ulster just have to lose. Their pd is +7 so they could get two bonus points and we'd still hope to overtake them on pd

Toulouse (5 pts) V Saracens (24 pts) (2PM Sat)
    Irrelevant

Wasps (15 pts) Vs Leinster (6 pts) 3.30pm Sat
    Leinster have to win by a significant margin to reduce the wasps points difference (they're at + 73) No BP for Wasps

Bath Rugby (9 pts) Vs Toulon (16 pts) 3.30pm Sat
    Irrelevant

Scarlets (2 pts) Vs Northampton Saints (14 pts) 5.30pm Sat
    Scarlets to win. Northampton can get 1 LBP because their points difference is rubbish (-11)

Glasgow Warriors (10 pts) Vs Racing 92 (22 pts) 5.30pm Sat
    Glasgow can win with a bonus point, but it needs to be a close game. Glasgow have +1 points difference before the game so if they win, we'll need to have a higher PD after our match on Sunday

Stade Francais (14 pts) Vs Leicester Tigers (23 pts) 2pm Sunday
    Leicester Have to beat Stad, If Stad win or draw, it's game over. We'd prefer if stad were denied any bonus point as they have a much higher PD than

Benetton Treviso (0 pts) Vs Munster Rugby (10 pts) 2pm Sunday
    Obviously Munster need to be targeting a winning bonus point and as many points are we require to beat any rivals on pd

Exeter Chiefs (11pts) Vs Ospreys (16pts) 3.15pm Sunday
    Exeter can not get a winning bonus point. Their points difference is lower than Munster's so as long as Ospreys win or keep the game close, we'd expect to finish ahead of Exeter

Clermont Auvergne (14pts) Vs Union Bordeaux (11pts) 4.15pm Sunday
    Bordeaux need to win and deny Clermont any bonus points. Clermont's PD is currently +30 so if they do get the LBP, Munster will need at to have won our game by more than 35 points
    Bordeaux if they win, can not get a bonus point, their pd is -23 so we should finish ahead of them on points difference

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Akrasia - I assume you mean Munster just have to finish ahead of Stade?

Just looking down through those games, if only 2 can go against Munster then it's very hard to see Munster getting through. There's no chance Ulster will lose, there's a tiny chance Leinster will win never mind by a large margin, I can't see Northampton losing to Scarlets and Clermont should beat Bordeaux. Here's hoping anyway.

Just looking down through those games, if only 2 can go against Munster then it's very hard to see Munster getting through. There's no chance Ulster will lose, there's a tiny chance Leinster will win never mind by a large margin, I can't see Northampton losing to Scarlets and Clermont should beat Bordeaux. Here's hoping anyway.

Yeah you're right. That's like the 3rd time I've made that mistake in 2 days. Multiple Brain farts, I blame the children
    It's a really really tall order

Miracles have been declared for less

• Registered Users Posts: 7 oneZeroOneZero

Akrasia wrote: »
    Here are the results Munster fans should be shouting for this weekend

Stade Francais (14 pts) Vs Leicester Tigers (23 pts) 2pm Sunday
    Leicester Have to beat Stad, If Stad win or draw, it's game over. We'd prefer if stad were denied any bonus point as they have a much higher PD than

Bonus point is irrelevant , we have them on head to head, and if we are not on 15pts then the rest of the calculations are off anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

This is starting to sound a bit like the Irish soccer team trying to qualify.
    If only they had played like they should have.

So Ulster thrashing Oyonnax, first thing going wrong, though entirely unsurprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I hope Munster do something they haven't done in a while: play 2 decent games in a row.

Time to build some momentum.

Well, We're at the first knock out game in a half hour. if Scarlets don't win, Munster are out of Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

We were never going to qualify after losing 3 games. The thing is we so easily could have got through if we had just beaten a team who had 14 men for a full half.

I would have liked to see more experimentation in Italy- not ridiculous, maybe give CJ a break and try JOD at 8. Maybe give TOL a start. Include Fitzgerald on the bench?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Akrasia wrote: »
    Well, We're at the first knock out game in a half hour. if Scarlets don't win, Munster are out of Europe

Bad news as with Leinster losing to Wasps I think you're out now.

You'd need Lanelli to beat Saints and Bordeaux to beat Clermont in Clermont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Munster A - 11 London Scottish - 21.
    Report from London Scottish website http://www.londonscottish.com/pro/news/4405.php seeing as there is no mention on Munsterrugby.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭jacothelad

There are about 200 people at Parc - Y - Empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭phog

Munster A - 11 London Scottish - 21.
    Report from London Scottish website http://www.londonscottish.com/pro/news/4405.php seeing as there is no mention on Munsterrugby.ie

I was at the game, we were poor, weather and pitch were atrocious and there must have been a 1,000 scrums from knockons from both teams, Scottish seemed to get more penalties from the scrum tho Munster got ca few and a few free kicks.

Scottish were deserved winners but I don't think they deserved almost double scores.

Hard to say who if anyone stood out.

Duncan Williams didn't play so he's either injured or on his way to Italy as cover for Murray or TOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Phog, How did Dan Goggin play? anything impressive or were conditions too bad. Supposed to be a good prospect.

CoDy1 wrote: »
    Phog, How did Dan Goggin play? anything impressive or were conditions too bad. Supposed to be a good prospect.

Hard to say how anyone played really, play broke down or we ran into traffic before we got to a 3rd or 4th pass. The field had cut up in the warm up and got worse during actual play. The wind and rain made it a hard game to watch and each scrum sucked the life out of the game.

Fitz, Sweetnam & Bohane stood out for me but then I probably recognised them a bit more. I was also tweeting and chatting to a parent of one of the LS players a bit during the game so missed some of the play. Tbh, I hardly noticed Goggin but that could have been just me.

Poland did ok at scrumhalf once he came on, he gave a beauty of a chip/dinky kick against the wind at one stage which got us up field but then he showed inexperience in a tap & go later, the retreating players hadn't gone back 10 but he passed the ball before going into contact so Scottish weren't penalised for not retreating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Munster scrum is being minced by Treviso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Munster scrum is being minced by Treviso

Munster 14-5 up at halftime, started v well, but game is scrappy and Holland got a yc, Treviso scored a try after that. Holland still off, so Munster scrum will be in trouble for a few more mins

Munster maul over for a try, Stander getting it, still a man down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Not given for knock on
    Pretty harsh imo

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Not given for knock on
    Pretty harsh imo

Pretty harsh? Absolute bs call

Murray takes it off the back of the line out and danced thru for an easy try.... Ref can't take that one away :)

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Pretty harsh? Absolute bs call

Yup, was trying to play it down for comedic effect
    Was clear try
    Nice try by Murray

Treviso's maul seems decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

They just referenced Munster's 'slim chance' of making it to the next round on Sky.

I thought they were gone, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

gosplan wrote: »
    They just referenced Munster's 'slim chance' of making it to the next round on Sky.

I thought they were gone, no?

munster are out

JOD powered thru like a centre and hit Mahoney with a lovely pass, try.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Only caught the last ten minutes. commentary would put you to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    JOD powered thru like a centre and hit Mahoney with a lovely pass, try.

It was a great display of his skillset. There aren't many other forwards in the country who could have pulled that off.

• Advertisement

It's weird one because Murray was trying to pull out of the tackle - doing so he didn't use his arms and he gets penalised for "tackling without his arms"
    Bundee Aki got sin binned for similar act vs Scarlets

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement