Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

case885 wrote: »
    Give us a few examples of the "truly awful" defense, I'm intrigued now

Rewatch last week's display against Stade and you will see his 'attempts' at tackling.

Yesterday in the 62nd minute he ended up on his arse from a simple hand off to his chest.

Just 2 there for you to be going on with...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,067 ✭✭✭✭phog

mfceiling wrote: »
    Rewatch last week's display against Clermont and you will see his 'attempts' at tackling.

Yesterday in the 62nd minute he ended up on his arse from a simple hand off to his chest.

We didn't play Clermont this season.

Liam Toland laid some blame on Saili for the Zebo's poor defence of one of Stade's tries last week.

But if you really want a pissing contest then I'm sure every Irish player could have similar to what you've just posted said about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

mfceiling wrote: »
    Rewatch last week's display against Clermont and you will see his 'attempts' at tackling.

Clermont? Put down the buckfast ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Zebo has had good moments and bad moments. I recall seeing that tackle on Steffon Armitage in Marseille live! Then there was falling off Gilroy for 'that' try in Thomond.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    Clermont? Put down the buckfast ffs!

Apologies...phone went with Clermont as I typed Stade!!

• Advertisement

Zebo has had good moments and bad moments. I recall seeing that tackle on Steffon Armitage in Marseille live! Then there was falling off Gilroy for 'that' try in Thomond.

Would Zebo be the only winger that has fell off tackles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

phog wrote: »

Has anyone in the past 2 pages indicated that Zebo is the only winger who has fell off tackles?

Jesus Christ, the preciousness!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Christ. :rolleyes:

The video shows Joe smiling after Earls' fantastic try. I linked the video and decided to comment on its contents; I apologise if that irked you.

It really was. Hard to think of many Irish players who could have scored that try.
    Really?

FFs don't mention Rodney K. and Argentina.

I think rather than criticising Zebo's tackling it's worth while pointing out his improvement in this area the last two years. His overall physicality is greater than it used to be too.

If anything this makes the few instances this season stand out more. It's a weakness of his game he has addressed well, but his focus went missing away to Stade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

jacothelad wrote: »
    Really?

Short of maybe Gilroy, I don't think many other Irish players could have scored that try.
    I think rather than criticising Zebo's tackling it's worth while pointing out his improvement in this area the last two years. His overall physicality is greater than it used to be too.

If anything this makes the few instances this season stand out more. It's a weakness of his game he has addressed well, but his focus went missing away to Stade.

I think you've hit the nail on the head regarding focus. Zebo has shown himself to be a very strong defender when his head is in the right place.

Regarding the Irish squad, I don't think a few poor defensive moments in a struggling side will set him back too much. His two biggest competitors to inclusion in the Irish side are the Kearney brothers and he would be a much better defender than both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Zebo, one of 2 Irish players ( Ross Moloney the other one) to make UK Telegraph's Champs Cup Team of the Week.

Gwan Zeebs

Stats from the game

CY2tnU9WsAA57EF.png:large

Teferi wrote: »

Jesus Christ, the preciousness!

At least it's not embarrassing ;)

His two biggest competitors to inclusion in the Irish side are the Kearney brothers and he would be a much better defender than both of them.

Zebo is better in many ways than Dave Kearney, but if were being honest with ourselves defence is not one of those areas. Dave is continually a high tackler and a high impact tackler. I'd say he puts more opponents into touch than anyone else in Ireland, and his try save at the weekend was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

At least it's not embarrassing ;)

Don't worry, it's that too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Stats from the game

CY2tnU9WsAA57EF.png:large

Pfft! No lineouts won? That Zebo lad won't go far...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Teferi wrote: »
    Don't worry, it's that too.

There's no need for this kind of rubbish. Tone it down please. That goes for everyone else too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No. Did I really need to spell that out?!

Short of maybe Gilroy, I don't think many other Irish players could have scored that try.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

jacothelad wrote: »

poor effort, didnt even get close to the posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

aimee1 wrote: »
    poor effort, didnt even get close to the posts :)

Ball in the wrong hand too!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Conor O'Shea is leaving Quinns at the end of the season but no announcement has been made about what his plans are...

Munster??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Akrasia wrote: »
    Conor O'Shea is leaving Quinns at the end of the season but no announcement has been made about what his plans are...

Munster??

He's going to Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

He's going to Italy

Confirmed?
    The last time that was reported he had said he had no interest in it or bringing his family there

• Registered Users Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yeah, it looks a lot like O'Shea is in the middle of negotiations with Italy and he's waiting for them do accept his terms...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/other-rugby/conor-oshea-coy-on-italian-link-after-confirming-harlequins-departure-34381499.html

Munster A will play their final Pool game in the B&I Cup in CBC, it was originally planned to play the game in Middleton RFC.
    CBC Lansdowne, Cork has been confirmed as the alternate venue for Saturday's British and Irish Cup Round 6 game between Munster A and London Scottish - KO 2pm.
    Situated on Sidney Hill, off Wellington Road on the north side of Cork city, the home of Christian Brothers College Rugby will play host to Saturday's proceedings after Midleton RFC was deemed unplayable in the advent of recent and current weather conditions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

2 year contract extension for Andrew Conway and a 3 year extension for John Ryan. http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/21937.php#.VqH9QuiLTcs

It great to see these players sign new contracts, it's but Murray, Earls and Zebo ( in that order) who I want to see signing their extensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Is this weekends match on the Telly?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

roundymac wrote: »
    Is this weekends match on the Telly?

It's on BT Sport 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement