Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

There are several things there that look unlikely.

no BP's from the 3 defeats is very costly

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭phog

B&I cup result

Yorkshire Carnegie 43 - Munster A 29. We got a try BP from the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

phog wrote: »

Or was it all just a BOD-to_Biaritz negotiation bluff ?

Or maybe French clubs gone cold on him even if one was genuinely interested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Or was it all just a BOD-to_Biaritz negotiation bluff ?

Or maybe French clubs gone cold on him even if one was genuinely interested ?

Why would they withdraw offer? H scored a try yesterday. You are as good as your last game.

Munster's joint all time try scorer with 41 tries, has EU/French passport, speaks the language, has family there. Sought by Toulouse last time, former coach in Pau.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Lol. His passport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

jm08 wrote: »
    Why would they withdraw offer? H scored a try yesterday. You are as good as your last game.

Ross Molony for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Zebo's Non-JIFF status is far more relevant than what nationality his EU passport is. I believe it's going to at least 12 JIFF players required in each Top14 matchday 23 next season.

Lol. His passport.

Yep. Work permits etc.

Buer wrote: »
    Ross Molony for Ireland.

The suggestion was made that the French offers would be withdrawn on his recent form. Well, he turned it around yesterday.

Has Ross Molony offers from France? He certainly deserves to start next week on form for Leinster.

Yep. Work permits etc.

WTF :confused:

• Advertisement

WTF :confused:

Free movement of labour within the EU. Have you not heard of that before? If you come from outside the EU, you need to get a work permit, though some former colonies may have exemptions from some countries.

Free movement of labour within the EU. Have you not heard of that before? If you come from outside the EU, you need to get a work permit, though some former colonies may have exemptions from some countries.

There are enough EU passport holders playing professional rugby to make that advantage to a player irrelevant. JIFF status, which Zebo doesn't have, is far more relevant and has a huge impact on potential suitors. In French rugby media you can read regularly how players are not kept because of the JIFF quota or free agent non-JIFF players struggling to get a new club because of the quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Christ. :rolleyes:

The video shows Joe smiling after Earls' fantastic try. I linked the video and decided to comment on its contents; I apologise if that irked you.

It really was. Hard to think of many Irish players who could have scored that try.

It's not that hard to think really.

Gilroy, DK and Trimble have all scored some brilliant tries this season.

See...wasn't that difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

mfceiling wrote: »
    It's not that hard to think really.

Gilroy, DK and Trimble have all scored some brilliant tries this season.

See...wasn't that difficult.

If you add in Fitzgerald at the WC then you have nearly everybody in contention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Yep. Work permits etc.

I renew my previous lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Munster A beaten well today by Cornish Pirates 43-29 but did get a try bonus point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Yep. Work permits etc.

Are you talking about Zebo here? He's from the EU. France is in the EU. He doesn't need a work permit.

Edit - ok you're saying that is the case I see, what a weird point to make.

There are enough EU passport holders playing professional rugby to make that advantage to a player irrelevant. JIFF status, which Zebo doesn't have, is far more relevant and has a huge impact on potential suitors. In French rugby media you can read regularly how players are not kept because of the JIFF quota or free agent non-JIFF players struggling to get a new club because of the quota.

Really? Welsh internationals are going back home. English are staying in England if they want to play for England. That leaves the Scots, Italians and Irish.

What is really relevant is that he actually speaks the language and will find it easier than those who don't speak the language, understand the culture etc, along with being used to NH rugby (unlike Kiwis, SAs & Aussies).

Really? Welsh internationals are going back home. English are staying in England if they want to play for England. That leaves the Scots, Italians and Irish.

What is really relevant is that he actually speaks the language and will find it easier than those who don't speak the language, understand the culture etc, along with being used to NH rugby (unlike Kiwis, SAs & Aussies).

You haven't addressed the JIFF point. Fair enough. It's the most relevant point. There's a reason teams are bringing in foreign teenagers to become JIFF players.

You haven't addressed the JIFF point. Fair enough.

The Jiff ruling that seems to be irrelevant, though I do remember it being one of the reasons why Contepomi left Toulon.

• Advertisement

The Jiff ruling that seems to be irrelevant, though I do remember it being one of the reasons why Contepomi left Toulon.

How is a quota that requires 12 JIFF players in a matchday 23 and a maximum of 16 Non-JIFF players in a squad irrelevant?

Whatever, I'm out.

How is a quota that requires 12 JIFF players in a matchday 23 not relevant?

Just In From France : they think so highly of him and want him so desperately they any team will jettison someone else to accomodate him if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Wasn't able to catch the game on Saturday and was wondering where is the best place to catch highlights on the Internet?

Good to hear that the team stood up and put on a performance and that the crowd responded well.

They are a pretty young group so hopefully that result puts us on the right path and we can kick on and finish the season well

Wasn't able to catch the game on Saturday and was wondering where is the best place to catch highlights on the Internet?

Good to hear that the team stood up and put on a performance and that the crowd responded well.

They are a pretty young group so hopefully that result puts us on the right path and we can kick on and finish the season well

A few posts back had a YouTube link to the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Are you talking about Zebo here? He's from the EU. France is in the EU. He doesn't need a work permit.

Edit - ok you're saying that is the case I see, what a weird point to make.

Only killer for me is that Zebo mightn't be a big target any more. His defence this year has been truly awful and he hasn't shown a great deal in attack.
    Will toulouse or toulon come knocking or will it be more likely a weaker division 2 team with more money than sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

mfceiling wrote:
    Only killer for me is that Zebo mightn't be a big target any more. His defence this year has been truly awful and he hasn't shown a great deal in attack. Will toulouse or toulon come knocking or will it be more likely a weaker division 2 team with more money than sense?

Give us a few examples of the "truly awful" defense, I'm intrigued now

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Are we more or less out of Europe at this stage with Treviso to go?

ronanc1000 wrote: »

More or less, yes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

ronanc1000 wrote: »

If Leinster beat Wasps in Wasps, Lanelli beat Northampton in Lanelli, and Leicester beat Stade in Stade then Munster would go through if they get a tbp win in Treviso.

So it's still possible just very highly unlikely as Leinster and Lanelli are out and Leicester are through already.

• Advertisement

Munster rugby match report of today's B&I Cup game

And a report from Yorkshire Carneige

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement